2nd Northern Virginia Signing

John Nowacki

Oct 20, 2005, 10:03:05 PM10/20/05
On the signing at Borders in Bailey's Crossroads earlier tonight:

From what I saw, not much to report. After the usual remarks about
pronunciation, when the next book will come out, the next book is the
last no matter how long it is, and so on, he signed a few books and
then remembered he was supposed to do a brief Q&A.

He gave one RAFO when asked whether Siuan and Leane would be back to
full strength if stilled again and then Healed by a man. Nothing else
really stood out among the questions I heard then or when he was back
to signing books. He did say that Ilyena was an AS when asked, but
that's hardly big news.

On this "outrigger" trilogy, as he called it, where he might revisit
the WOT universe for some books that don't involve the main characters
we know, he was hesitant and said it's something he's just mulling
over for now. He doesn't know when he'll get to the other prequel
short novels, either, but at least whenever that happens it will be
after the next book is finished. A WOT encyclopedia is next then,
followed by that Infinity of Heaven series -- he called it a trilogy,
for whatever that's worth.

So, not much like signings for earlier books when you could count on
some interesting answers. I'm not sure whether that's because of the
turn that the series has taken or because it's pointless to try to get
him to answer anything useful.

Robert Mee

Oct 20, 2005, 10:55:57 PM10/20/05

John,

Didn't see you... so I'm sorry we didn't get to share information. What
number were you? I was in that first group that got their books signed
before the Q&A. Did you get any information?

Rob

John Nowacki

Oct 21, 2005, 12:45:50 AM10/21/05
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:55:57 -0400, Robert Mee <rf...@adelphia.net>
wrote:

Fifty-nine; sounds like you got there pretty early. I caught a lot of
the answers you mentioned elsewhere, but not the ones about the
gauntleted fist (this always reminds me of the old USAF Strategic Air
Command logo) or Verin.
---
John Nowacki
"The main business of a lawyer is to take the romance, the mystery, the irony, the ambiguity out of everything he touches." - Justice Antonin Scalia, September 22, 2005.

Robert Mee

Oct 21, 2005, 1:46:56 AM10/21/05
I was number 11.... and the Gauntleted Fist and Verin were my face to
face questions with him while he was signing books for me.

Rob