Santa Monica Signing

Justin Howell

Oct 29, 1994, 1:31:07 AM10/29/94
I received a few tidbits of wisdom from the Creator at the signing.
Specifically:

Where did Artur Hawkwing start out? (IIRC, John Novak suggested this
question in a post after the Chicago signing).

Answer: None, but he said that one could figure it out given a careful
reading of the books. Sounds like Tear to me (as Mr. Novak
predicted).

When I asked about the hemisphere of the Seanchan continent, RJ said
that it had parts in both the northern and southern hemispheres,
but that Rand and Aviendha Travelled to a part in the southern
hemisphere.

Tiny spoilers follow.

This should be enough space.

RJ said that there is no connection whatsoever between the Gholam
(Aginor's monster), and the Gho'hlem (a tribe of Trollocs).

He also refused to state Beldeine's ajah, saying something to the
effect of "Wait and find out. It's not really very important,
anyway."

That's all for my report.

Justin Howell
jhho...@cco.caltech.edu

Eric C. Piquette

Oct 30, 1994, 7:06:46 PM10/30/94

I went to the signing last friday down by the coast and thought I'd give
a small report. I got there about 5 min. before 6:00, and not many people were
there yet. I was #11. RJ was late, so in the meantime there was a discussion
about WoT. Most of the the discussion centered on this group. Myself, Julie
Kangas, and a couple other rasfwrj-ers explained to non-net fans about the
group and about information gleaned from previous signings. (btw, if MIGHTY
MORGNO was truly looking for other net readers, I fear he suffered from
the rare malady of "can't see the forest for the trees.")

I asked RJ where the equator was in Randland. He then pointed to Illian
on a map and said that it coresponded approximately to the Florida Keys.

I also asked his wife if she was having fun touring the U.S. She said yes,
but also that it was tiring. Indeed, RJ looked like he was ready for the
whole thing to be over with, but he still maintained a friendly demeanor.
I also really liked his hat.

Cuen

Mighty Morgno

Oct 31, 1994, 9:46:42 PM10/31/94
Eric C. Piquette (e...@strauss.ssdp-yp) wrote:

: btw, if MIGHTY MORGNO was truly looking for other net readers, I fear

: he suffered from the rare malady of "can't see the forest for the
: trees."

Well, I said I didn't ask out loud. None of us were wearing signs.
I did have the Bela button. I didn't want to embarass my wife
by yelling, "Hey, I'm Mighty Morgno," in public.

: I asked RJ where the equator was in Randland. He then pointed to Illian

: on a map and said that it coresponded approximately to the Florida Keys.

I did observe that: I thought he said something about it
being like the Carribean. I didn't mention it here because
I only heard the answer, not the question.
--
Michael Thompson
Castle Morgno