There WAS a RJ signing in Durham, NC today

Hawk

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

Yeah, I know it wasn't heavily advertised - I just found out about it by
dumb luck. It seems that when Barnes and Nobles rounds up the usual
suspects to advertise to, it doesn't really include more than their
newsletter, and the local News & Disturber.

RJ read from the same chapter that he did at Balticon - except this time
he read the entire chapter, rather than just the part where Mat gets
jumped upon by Tylin.

He was remarkably patient with the amount of people there, and even
remembered me from Balticon. I suspect it has something to do with him
signing my books "To Hawk" than anything else.

Pam - here's something new for the FAQ. I asked him exactly why the pool
of untainted saidin was needed at the Eye of the World. He kindof gave
me a RAFO. RJ said that he has an idea of what he wants that to have
been for, but he's not sure he's going to use it, so he didn't want to
give me infomation and then change his mind later. So all our guesses
are correct at the moment!

Other than that, it was a remarkably quiet signing. Bob Gibson brought
all his books, and was attempting to get his friend Russ, another friend
of their's, and me to help him get them signed. I declined, as I had
already passed off one of my books to Russ to get signed.

Hawk

"I know what you need. You need a blow job."

Craig Moe <Schwanda!>

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

Hawk (ha...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu) wrote:
: Yeah, I know it wasn't heavily advertised - I just found out about it by
: dumb luck. It seems that when Barnes and Nobles rounds up the usual
: suspects to advertise to, it doesn't really include more than their
: newsletter, and the local News & Disturber.

Apparently, their advertisement included a request to bury it on page 5
of section G on the day of the signing. Thus when I finally found it
around 4:15 (the signing was from 3 to 4, it said) I had the rest of the
afternoon to beat my head against the wall.

I hate Barnes & Nobles.

And the News & Fishwrap.

Not necessarily in that order.

Bob Gibson

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

Hawk (ha...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu) wrote:
: Other than that, it was a remarkably quiet signing. Bob Gibson brought
: all his books, and was attempting to get his friend Russ, another friend
: of their's, and me to help him get them signed. I declined, as I had
: already passed off one of my books to Russ to get signed.

Well, with the help of some friends (Russ, and Jim), I did get all of
my books signed. So, I'm a happy camper.
--
Bob Gibson -- gib...@netcom.com
| Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any |