DC DF Social Dec 30th?

Ivis Reed Bohlen

Dec 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/6/95
Will there be a social in the DC area on December 30th? I'm looking
forward to getting away from home for a day [some of you will know why]
and had the following questions/requests:

1. could the social be at 1 or 2pm. I'd _really_ like to try to squeeze
in either the Winslow Homer or Vermeer exhibition at the National Gallery
in the morning. [ps I know you have to have tickets...anyone have any
experience calling Ticketmaster for them?]

2. my plan was to leave here at oh-dawn-hundred on Saturday, park at some
place near a)metro station and b) where we're going to have the social,
metro in to the National Gallery, metro back in time for the social,
leave social as usual at about 5pm. Does this sound like a reasonable
plan?

3. Could the social be at someplace near a metro, with all-day type
parking?

Happy Holidays..

Ivis "who really, really needs a break about now.."
How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward.

Robyn Goldstein

Dec 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/10/95
In article <4ag5ff$r...@news.jhu.edu>,
Judy Ghirardelli <ju...@ren.psy.jhu.edu> wrote:

>WHERE: Chevy's Tex Mex in the Pentagon City Mall (Pentagon City, VA)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No, no, no, no, no! Judy, it's at Pentagon _Centre_, not Pentagon City
Mall. It is easy to confuse the two, though. Pentagon Centre is right
across the street from Pentagon City Mall (same metro stop, just exit the
side that doesn't lead you into the Mall, and you'll be right in front of
Pentagon Centre.

>TOPICS WE'LL DISCUSS:
> 5. Fish, Hawks, Badgers, Piglets, and other Very Small Animals.

*sniff*

Hawk

-"Lemme get this straight... I MESS with the head o' the world's
greatest telepath... I USE and ABUSE a junior X-man... I massage
Braddocks' innards with my CLAWS... an' STILL you dweebs think I'm some
kinda reclamation project. Heh. Who's in DENIAL, McCoy?"

Judy Ghirardelli

Dec 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/11/95
In article <4a4cmm$m...@bigblue.oit.unc.edu>,

Ivis Reed Bohlen <irbo...@med.unc.edu> wrote:
>Will there be a social in the DC area on December 30th? I'm looking
>forward to getting away from home for a day [some of you will know why]
>and had the following questions/requests:

Read on, dear Ivis:

Hi all you little Darkfriends. It's that time of the year again!
School Holiday breaks, and with that comes the inevitable DC Dark-
friend Social (henceforth referred to as DCDFS). These are the details:

WHY: Cause I said so.

WHEN: Saturday, December 30th, 2pm.

WHERE: Chevy's Tex Mex in the Pentagon City Mall (Pentagon City, VA)

WHO'S INVITED: Jellicle cats, come one come all (i.e. everyone, lurkers,
newbies, Cabal members - thereisnocabal, significant others,
insignificant others, and certainly, Very Small Animals).

TOPICS WE'LL DISCUSS:
1. what i learned in school in december
2. Real Estate Prices in the Hundred-Acre Wood - Property Taxes
going to fund Honey??
3. When will the next light blasted Jordan book come out?
4. What will we do until the next light blasted Jordan book comes
out?

5. Fish, Hawks, Badgers, Piglets, and other Very Small Animals.

6. What ever happened to Timothy Bruening?
7. grammar vs. punctuation vs. capitalization vs. spelling - essays
in How To Annoy.
8. Lanfear - dead or alive? Inquiring minds wanna know.
9. Firearms: to conceal, fire, or throw? Basic questions in
flamewars.
10. Could Rand beat Lan in a fight?
11. Socio-economic considerations of Aiel women.
12. Novak, Roy and Dylan (oh MY!).
13. What else we've all been reading.
14. Erica Sadun - Queen or Mother? Correct titles to use in
rasfwr-j.
15. Conan and the Fallon Blood.
16. Why exactly Joe Shaw gave up the FAQ'dom: the Real Story.
17. Why C.S. Friedman's character Damien has a speech pattern
annoyingly similar to the Novak's - coincidence? Me thinks not.
18. Top Ten ways to Harrass the wait staff at Chevy's.
19. Chad wears platform shoes: fact or fiction?
20. Bonding: pros and cons.

That should keep us busy for a while!

RSVP by mailing me ASAP if you are interested. Directions will be
provided shortly.

Judy
--
---------------------------Judy Ellen Ghirardelli----------------------------
Its hard to be math when you're just a small piece of bacon that

Bill Garrett

Dec 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/11/95
ju...@ren.psy.jhu.edu (Judy Ghirardelli) writes:
}
} TOPICS WE'LL DISCUSS:

} 6. What ever happened to Timothy Bruening?

You named him, and he has come.
See the thread "Things I'd like to see in ACos".

I'm holding you responsible for this, Judy.

--
Bill Garrett "For your race, in its poverty, has
gar...@cs.unc.edu unquestionably one truly effective

Andrea Lynn Leistra

Dec 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/12/95
In article <abergman-121...@td-college-kstar-node.net.yale.edu>,
Aaron Bergman <aber...@minerva.cis.yale.edu> wrote:
>In article <4aj20c$i...@elaine33.Stanford.EDU>,
>alei...@leland.Stanford.EDU (Andrea Lynn Leistra) wrote:
>:I'll be out of the Bay Area over the break, quite obviously. When do you
>:have to head back to Yale, Aaron? There may be some overlap...
>:
>:I'm game for a Social, if it's held when I'm here...
>
>Weekend of the 12th. Anyone else game? Should I dig up Don Harlow's e-mail
>address? (do...@netcom.com, right?)

Should work.

I get back the 8th.

--
Andrea Leistra http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~aleistra
-----

Aaron Bergman

Dec 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/12/95
In article <4aj20c$i...@elaine33.Stanford.EDU>,
alei...@leland.Stanford.EDU (Andrea Lynn Leistra) wrote:
:I'll be out of the Bay Area over the break, quite obviously. When do you
:have to head back to Yale, Aaron? There may be some overlap...
:
:I'm game for a Social, if it's held when I'm here...

Weekend of the 12th. Anyone else game? Should I dig up Don Harlow's e-mail
address? (do...@netcom.com, right?)

Aaron
--------
Aaron Bergman -- aber...@minerva.cis.yale.edu
<http://minerva.cis.yale.edu/~abergman/abergman.html>
--A flag burning amendment would burn the flag--

Michael D. Steeves

Dec 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/15/95
ju...@ren.psy.jhu.edu (Judy Ghirardelli) wrote:
[...]

Hmf. Not one mention of me. I am really upset...I mean even
*Dylan* got billing.

-darkelf
And how 'bout them Cowboys...?
--
Death before dishonor / Drugs before lunch
-Aspen Gun and Drug Club