"Who wants to be a Superhero" is a HOAX

Vanguard

Jul 28, 2006, 12:28:31 PM7/28/06
What the hell??? These people are all accomplished ACTORS, And I'm
guessing the other ones are too.
Lemuria:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0597794/

Feedback:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1794350/

Creature:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1800223/

Levity:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1426264/

Major Victory:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1782937/

Monkey Woman:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1847547/

STAN, HOW COULD YOU?!!?

My guess is that this is ALL pre-determined. Why else would people
compete in this where there is absolutely NO money at stake??? Yay, so
your character is in a comic book or a movie---but YOU don't get any
money from it??? No one would sign up for that!

Make sure you tell EVERYONE you know to boycott this crap!!!!

Mark Nobles

Jul 28, 2006, 1:18:22 PM7/28/06
Vanguard <vigilant...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> These people are all accomplished ACTORS,

Nothing there I would consider "accomplished". With these short and
undistinguished resumes, perhaps they consider the exposure to be
reward enough. And as SAG members, they can't be playing for prizes
anyway, can they? Don't they have to have a regular paycheck, same as
when actors go on any other game show?

John H

Jul 28, 2006, 1:25:30 PM7/28/06

"Mark Nobles" <cmn-n...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

Some of them have been working as actors for over 8 years. I would consider
Lemuria and Major Pain in the Ass accomplished actors.

john

Mark

Jul 28, 2006, 1:40:50 PM7/28/06

> Some of them have been working as actors for over 8 years. I would consider
> Lemuria and Major Pain in the Ass accomplished actors.

Indeed. Furthermore, he's right - This IS a hoax, because these guys
are being advertised as an average american (granted, with a cosplay
interest). Naturally, nobody expects these people to be REAL
superheroes--but I WOULD expect them to be REAL contestants.

I'm afraid I *do* feel a bit betrayed by Mr. Lee, who's comics I've
always been a fan of.

-Mark

PV

Jul 28, 2006, 2:15:28 PM7/28/06
"Vanguard" <vigilant...@yahoo.com> writes:
>My guess is that this is ALL pre-determined. Why else would people
>compete in this where there is absolutely NO money at stake??? Yay, so
>your character is in a comic book or a movie---but YOU don't get any
>money from it??? No one would sign up for that!

Um, duh? *
like corkscrews.

rrh...@acme.com

Jul 28, 2006, 2:46:24 PM7/28/06

Mark wrote:
> > Some of them have been working as actors for over 8 years. I would consider
> > Lemuria and Major Pain in the Ass accomplished actors.

Well, I actually watched the damned thing. One thing those guys aren't
is accomplished. At least not at acting. Some of them may be
excellent waiters.

> Indeed. Furthermore, he's right - This IS a hoax, because these guys
> are being advertised as an average american (granted, with a cosplay
> interest). Naturally, nobody expects these people to be REAL
> superheroes--but I WOULD expect them to be REAL contestants.

It's an interesting question where to draw the line. We are long past
the idea that reality shows attract just plain folks as contestants.
At least I trust that no one is shocked to learn than a contestant
hopes to use a show to leverage a show business career, or that this
particular show may not have been this person's first attempt at a show
business career. The question to me is how much of this is scripted.
Was it scripted who ran past the crying girl and who stopped to help
her?

> I'm afraid I *do* feel a bit betrayed by Mr. Lee, who's comics I've
> always been a fan of.

At the very least one has to wonder how much he needs the money.

Lizard

Jul 28, 2006, 3:05:26 PM7/28/06
You know...

Don't tell anyone this...