The JS Conspiracy

Peter Wong

May 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/6/95
In article <199505060629...@relay1.geis.com>,
<strac...@genie.geis.com> wrote:

> I hate cute. Everybody knows me, knows that. So after buying Peter
>David's script #2, Peter sends me a gift. A bear. A teddy bear. With my
>initials JS in front, and Bear-ba-lon 5 in the back. I call Peter back. I
>say that I must now get him for this. He asks what I had in mind. I said
>wait and see.

> Never send me something cute.

You know, for people who enjoy cruel, yet amusing things done to cute
inanimate objects, you're just begging to get cute stuff sent to you.

-Peter

Eric Pawtowski

May 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/6/95
<strac...@genie.geis.com> wrote:

> Never send me something cute.

Good thing the kid only had one line in that "Space Moose" tape.....

Eric

--
epaw...@vt.edu----------------------------------------------------

C. Baden

May 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/6/95
strac...@genie.geis.com wrote:
: initials JS in front, and Bear-ba-lon 5 in the back. I call Peter back. I
: jms

So Capt. JJS mis-read it? He said Babberlon, not Bearbalon.

--
ha...@netcom.com - Home of Margarita Jell-O, an alcoholic use for lime
jello. Email me w/ "request margarita" as subject or message for recipe.

* L.A.con III * World Science Fiction Convention * lacon...@netcom.com
* Aug29-Sep02 '96, Anaheim CA * Ftp = ftp.netcom.com:/pub/la/lacon3-info/
**> L.A.Con III web page = http://sundry.hsc.usc.edu/lacon3/
* Alternate = ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/la/lacon3-info/www/lacon3.html
* Join for $90 * L.A.con III, c/o SCIFI P.O. Box 8442, Van Nuys CA 91409
* Rate goes up to $110 as of July 1, 1995; even more at the door. Join early!

Benjamin Schultz

May 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/6/95
And the Great Maker (strac...@genie.geis.com) spoke unto his People,
the Children of Light, posting:
: Okay, since the JS/teddy bear thing has come up again, let me deal
: with this just a little.
:
: Here's the story of the bear.
:
: I hate cute. Everybody knows me, knows that. So after buying Peter

: David's script #2, Peter sends me a gift. A bear. A teddy bear. With my
: initials JS in front, and Bear-ba-lon 5 in the back. I call Peter back. I
: say that I must now get him for this. He asks what I had in mind. I said
: wait and see.
:
: So I wrote the entire bear thing at the end of the show, and inserted
: it into his script.

You would plan such a thing? You would DO such a thing?

Yep. Standard JMS protocol if I ever saw it. Which I haven't.

--
Benjamin Schultz, KE3OM <*>
President emeritus, W3EAX

strac...@genie.geis.com

May 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/6/95
Okay, since the JS/teddy bear thing has come up again, let me deal
with this just a little.

Here's the story of the bear.

I hate cute. Everybody knows me, knows that. So after buying Peter
David's script #2, Peter sends me a gift. A bear. A teddy bear. With my
initials JS in front, and Bear-ba-lon 5 in the back. I call Peter back. I
say that I must now get him for this. He asks what I had in mind. I said
wait and see.

So I wrote the entire bear thing at the end of the show, and inserted
it into his script.

Never send me something cute.

Best part was during filming, we shot the bear against blue-screen
to be composited into the CGI. And there's our EFX supervisor, standing
there on film, against blue-screen, with this long rod up the teddy bear's
ass, spinning it round and round and round....

Whilst doing that, I also wrote and inserted the Kosh/Perfect Beauty
scenes, since I was already in it at that point anyway, and I figured it'd
be cool.

It also keeps the Sheridan Learning Stuff thread going, and works in
a nice balance to the rest of the episode. Here he's going nuts, being
harrassed, and his command is on the line...so he has to learn to bend
his knee, accept silence, give up his command symbolically by giving up
the stat bar, and finding one perfect moment of peace.

jms

Matt Elcock

May 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/7/95
strac...@genie.geis.com wrote:
: Here's the story of the bear.

:
: I hate cute. Everybody knows me, knows that. So after buying Peter
: David's script #2, Peter sends me a gift. A bear. A teddy bear. With my
: initials JS in front, and Bear-ba-lon 5 in the back. I call Peter back. I
: say that I must now get him for this. He asks what I had in mind. I said
: wait and see.
:
: So I wrote the entire bear thing at the end of the show, and inserted
: it into his script.
:
: Never send me something cute.

[snip]

:
: jms

So... If I send you something cute, then it will be included in an
episode in a memorable way??? This IS something to think about!

--
Matt Elcock - Troopers Pit '93 and '94
"I just want to mention Robert Houdin who in the 18th Century

Paulette E. Williams

May 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/8/95
Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5: 6-May-95 The JS
Conspiracy by strac...@genie.geis.c
> Okay, since the JS/teddy bear thing has come up again, let me deal
> with this just a little.
>
> Here's the story of the bear.
>
> I hate cute. Everybody knows me, knows that. So after buying Peter
> David's script #2, Peter sends me a gift. A bear. A teddy bear. With my
> initials JS in front, and Bear-ba-lon 5 in the back. I call Peter back. I
> say that I must now get him for this. He asks what I had in mind. I said
> wait and see.
>
> So I wrote the entire bear thing at the end of the show, and inserted
> it into his script.
>
> Never send me something cute.

Just a basic question:

Wouldn't Dr. Franklin have strongly disapproved of 'spacing' the bear
based on his interview on ANFAW? I know he may not have been consulted,
but
I don't think anyone should inform him of the incident.

Just a thought.

-- Lurker on the net!

Default Trumpet User

May 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/8/95
In article <199505060629...@relay1.geis.com> strac...@genie.geis.com writes:
>From: strac...@genie.geis.com
>Subject: The JS Conspiracy
>Date: 6 May 1995 02:35:53 -0400

> Okay, since the JS/teddy bear thing has come up again, let me deal
>with this just a little.
>
> [ . . . ]

> Whilst doing that, I also wrote and inserted the Kosh/Perfect Beauty
>scenes, since I was already in it at that point anyway, and I figured it'd
>be cool.
>
> It also keeps the Sheridan Learning Stuff thread going, and works in
>a nice balance to the rest of the episode. Here he's going nuts, being
>harrassed, and his command is on the line...so he has to learn to bend
>his knee, accept silence, give up his command symbolically by giving up
>the stat bar, and finding one perfect moment of peace.

Amen to that. It was a perfect 'lesson' and worked well with the episode,
so well, in fact, that I thought it was one of the better parts of that
episode. Amazing to watch Kosh 'dance' (by swinging his head around) while
the chant was taking place.

The Kosh Dance (tm) tells quite a bit about the Vorlon, does it not? First,
I think it rules out the hive-being proposition. Second, human-type
entertainment and beauty can have a profound and possibly emotional
effects on Vorlons. And third, humans and Vorlons have something in
common: A love for beauty and music.

Without a doubt, that 2 second spot of Kosh dancing was incredible! Thanks
again JMS!

Larry.