New B5: The Lost Tales Video

bruckner

May 17, 2007, 7:06:03 AM5/17/07
I got a number of links last night from Warner Bros. to videos for B5:
The Lost Tales. A couple we've seen already, but there are a couple
new ones. I especially love the clip from Bruce Boxleitner. Nice
jacket!

Pop over to http://www.isnnews.net and see the videos.
Enjoy,
Sandy

Jan

May 24, 2007, 6:03:25 PM5/24/07
In article <1179399962.9...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, bruckner
says...

> I especially love the clip from Bruce Boxleitner. Nice
>jacket!

Yes, nice jacket indeed! ;-)

Hopefully WB will continue to send Sandy links but in the meantime a few more
Diaries have appeared on VMIX:

Small Brown Cat:
http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2445542&current_resourceid=2445542&type=video

Writer/Director Joe Straczynski on His Role in Babylon 5:
http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2445528&type=video

Babylon 5 Set Construction: http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2445541&type=video

Jan

--
If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great
things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

jms...@aol.com

May 25, 2007, 4:41:19 PM5/25/07
FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5 Lost
Tales DVD will be going up on www.babylon5.com end of the day today or
at some point not long thereafter.

jms

Jan

May 25, 2007, 8:11:13 PM5/25/07
In article <1180125679....@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
jms...@aol.com says...

Excellent news, thanks!

Jan
('bout time they updated that site)

Wesley Struebing

May 25, 2007, 8:31:04 PM5/25/07
On 25 May 2007 13:41:19 -0700, "jms...@aol.com" <jms...@aol.com>
wrote:

>FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5 Lost
>Tales DVD will be going up on www.babylon5.com end of the day today or
>at some point not long thereafter.

Coulda missed it, but I saw stuff about the original series - and a
picture of Claudia that when one clicked on it bought up a sort of
calendar with makeup being applied to G'Kar...

--

Wes Struebing

and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Mac Breck

May 26, 2007, 4:30:39 AM5/26/07
"Jan" <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote in message

> In article <1180125679....@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> jms...@aol.com says...
> >
> >FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5 Lost
> >Tales DVD will be going up on www.babylon5.com end of the day today
or
> >at some point not long thereafter.
> >
> >jms

Looked for it. Drat! Not there yet.

> Excellent news, thanks!
>
> Jan
> ('bout time they updated that site)

Maybe, while they're there, they can fix the Beings - Supporting Cast
bits for "Shai Alit Neroon" (Tannier/Brendan Ford from "Learning Curve"
pictured) and William Morgan Clark (Sheridan's first interrogator/Raye
Birk from "Intersections in Real Time" pictured).

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------

"Brimstone" (1998)
Angel: Oh, there's one more thing you should know. Your fate was never
determined until you killed Gilbert Jax. All in all, you've led a good
life, Ezekiel. Have faith. Your work's appreciated.

Mac Breck

May 26, 2007, 5:03:56 AM5/26/07
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Jan" <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > In article <1180125679....@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> > jms...@aol.com says...
> > >
> > >FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5
Lost
> > >Tales DVD will be going up on www.babylon5.com end of the day today
> or
> > >at some point not long thereafter.
> > >
> > >jms
>
> Looked for it. Drat! Not there yet.
>

> > Excellent news, thanks!
> >
> > Jan
> > ('bout time they updated that site)
>
> Maybe, while they're there, they can fix the Beings - Supporting Cast
> bits for "Shai Alit Neroon"

Oops, just noticed they spelled it "Neeroon" in the heading above the
picture.

jms...@aol.com

May 26, 2007, 5:13:34 AM5/26/07
On May 26, 12:30 am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Jan" <janmschroe...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > In article <1180125679.287580.45...@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> > jmsa...@aol.com says...

> > >FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5 Lost
> > >Tales DVD will be going up onwww.babylon5.comend of the day today

> or
> > >at some point not long thereafter.
>
> > >jms
>
> Looked for it. Drat! Not there yet.

Looks like they weren't able to finish all the programming before the
holiday break; expect this Tuesday, in that case.

jms

Shabaz

May 26, 2007, 5:26:22 AM5/26/07
On May 25, 10:41 pm, "jmsa...@aol.com" <jmsa...@aol.com> wrote:
> FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5 Lost
> Tales DVD will be going up onwww.babylon5.comend of the day today or

> at some point not long thereafter.
>
> jms

Great! Although I'm afraid I'm now going to wear out my F5 key
refreshing that website. <g>

-Shabaz

Jan

May 26, 2007, 6:56:24 AM5/26/07
In article <1180170814.8...@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
jms...@aol.com says...

>Looks like they weren't able to finish all the programming before the
>holiday break; expect this Tuesday, in that case.

<sings> An-ti-ci-pa-a-tion

Jan

Shabaz

May 26, 2007, 7:54:42 AM5/26/07
On May 26, 11:13 am, "jmsa...@aol.com" <jmsa...@aol.com> wrote:
> On May 26, 12:30 am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Jan" <janmschroe...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > > In article <1180125679.287580.45...@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> > > jmsa...@aol.com says...

> > or

> > Looked for it. Drat! Not there yet.
>
> Looks like they weren't able to finish all the programming before the
> holiday break; expect this Tuesday, in that case.
>
> jms

Ok, guess I can lay of refreshing the page for now. Just curious, have
you already seen what they're planning with the new website?

-Shabaz

Kathryn Huxtable

May 26, 2007, 10:50:28 AM5/26/07
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> writes:
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Maybe, while they're there, they can fix the Beings - Supporting
>> Cast bits for "Shai Alit Neroon"
>
> Oops, just noticed they spelled it "Neeroon" in the heading above
> the picture.

Then it's some other guy... ;-)

-K

Wesley Struebing

May 26, 2007, 8:33:04 PM5/26/07
On 26 May 2007 02:13:34 -0700, "jms...@aol.com" <jms...@aol.com>
wrote:

Thanks, Joe. Can't wait!

Jan

May 29, 2007, 10:18:15 PM5/29/07
>Looks like they weren't able to finish all the programming before the
>holiday break; expect this Tuesday, in that case.
>
>jms

As F5 keys are repeatedly pressed all over the world...

Or Wednesday. Wednesday's good, too.

Chris Adams

May 29, 2007, 10:22:00 PM5/29/07
Once upon a time, Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> said:
>Or Wednesday. Wednesday's good, too.

No video today. Video tomorrow. There's always a video tomorrow.
--
Chris Adams <cma...@hiwaay.net>

Amy Guskin

May 29, 2007, 10:21:24 PM5/29/07
(in article <f3imt...@drn.newsguy.com>):

> In article <1180170814.8...@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
> jms...@aol.com says...
>>

>> Looks like they weren't able to finish all the programming before the
>> holiday break; expect this Tuesday, in that case.
>>
>> jms
>
> As F5 keys are repeatedly pressed all over the world...<<

Does nobody simply click on the "refresh" button in their browsers?

Amy
--
"In my line of work you gotta keep repeating things over and over and over
again for the truth to sink in, to kinda catapult the propaganda." - George
W. Bush, May 24, 2005

Chris Adams

May 29, 2007, 10:30:46 PM5/29/07
Once upon a time, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> said:
>>>On Tue, 29 May 2007 22:18:15 -0400, Jan wrote
>(in article <f3imt...@drn.newsguy.com>):
>> As F5 keys are repeatedly pressed all over the world...<<
>
>Does nobody simply click on the "refresh" button in their browsers?

Meh, I hit CTRL-R - none of those crazy function keys or mouse clicks
for me! I think CTRL-R was reload in Mosaic - old habits die hard. :-)

Even when I'm using Firefox for GUI browsing, I mostly use the keyboard
instead of a mouse, except sometimes when I'm on my notebook (Thinkpad
with the "eraser head" pointing stick in the middle of the keyboard).

Jan

May 30, 2007, 9:26:29 PM5/30/07
In article <f3imt...@drn.newsguy.com>, Jan says...

>In article <1180170814.8...@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
>jms...@aol.com says...
>>

>>Looks like they weren't able to finish all the programming before the
>>holiday break; expect this Tuesday, in that case.
>>
>>jms
>
>As F5 keys are repeatedly pressed all over the world...
>
>Or Wednesday. Wednesday's good, too.

Change occurs. "Coming Soon" for the trailer but at least there's movement.

Whew. I was afraid I'd have to open a 'Trailer-Eep' contest. <g>

Jan

May 30, 2007, 10:07:01 PM5/30/07
While you're waiting for the trailer, follow the MySpace link and watch the
'Temp Video'. I guarantee it'll send shivers down your spine. It's lovely on
several levels.

Methuselah Jones

May 31, 2007, 7:22:47 AM5/31/07
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jan of
rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> While you're waiting for the trailer, follow the MySpace link and
> watch the 'Temp Video'. I guarantee it'll send shivers down your
> spine. It's lovely on several levels.

Are you talking about this:

http://tinyurl.com/3x6jy5
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3x6jy5

I didn't see any link on the ISN site, just a note saying to go over to
myspace. There, I waded through fan pages until I found this:

http://tinyurl.com/3cegto
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3cegto

which links to the video.

And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
talking about.

--
Methuselah
"War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is

Amy Guskin

May 31, 2007, 8:06:17 AM5/31/07
(in article <Xns99414B11AA1BCme...@127.0.0.1>):

> Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jan of
> rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:
>
>> While you're waiting for the trailer, follow the MySpace link and
>> watch the 'Temp Video'. I guarantee it'll send shivers down your
>> spine. It's lovely on several levels.
>
> Are you talking about this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3x6jy5
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/3x6jy5
>
> I didn't see any link on the ISN site, just a note saying to go over to
> myspace. There, I waded through fan pages until I found this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3cegto
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/3cegto
>
> which links to the video.
>
> And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
> the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>
> Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
> talking about. <<

Having not had time to look at any of these yet, I can't be _sure_, but...I
thought they were talking about a link from the main WB site for B5, not from
the ISN site. But in any case, the good news is that the main WB site
(www.babylon5.com) finally seems to have changed to reflect the new series
material, huzzah!

Jan

May 31, 2007, 8:30:00 AM5/31/07
In article <Xns99414B11AA1BCme...@127.0.0.1>, Methuselah Jones
says...

>And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
>the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>
>Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
>talking about.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. JMS had said that the trailer was coming to the
www.babylon5.com site and we'd all been refreshing on that site waiting for
changes. Then last night there were changes but still no sign of the trailer
but there *is* a link to a video that's the opening to the main titles and a
tribute to the B5 actors and Andreas in particular.

Here's a link directly to the video:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2025422973

Amy Guskin

May 31, 2007, 8:38:13 AM5/31/07
(in article <f3mf4...@drn.newsguy.com>):

> In article <Xns99414B11AA1BCme...@127.0.0.1>, Methuselah Jones
> says...
>>
>> And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
>> the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
>> talking about.
>>

> Sorry, I wasn't clear. JMS had said that the trailer was coming to the
> www.babylon5.com site and we'd all been refreshing on that site waiting for
> changes. Then last night there were changes but still no sign of the trailer
> but there *is* a link to a video that's the opening to the main titles and a
> tribute to the B5 actors and Andreas in particular. <<

If you're talking about that video called "temp video," I wonder if there's
something wrong with it. I've tried to view it twice, and it seems to just
stop _dead_ at the image of G'Kar. The music just cuts out, and the video
freezes. I hope they're going to load the finished version at some point.

JanMSchroeder

May 31, 2007, 9:35:57 AM5/31/07
On May 31, 8:38 am, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
> >> On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:30:00 -0400, Jan wrote
>
> (in article <f3mf4802...@drn.newsguy.com>):
>
> > In article <Xns99414B11AA1BCmethuselahaltgeek...@127.0.0.1>, Methuselah Jones

> > says...
>
> >> And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
> >> the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>
> >> Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
> >> talking about.
>
> > Sorry, I wasn't clear. JMS had said that the trailer was coming to the
> >www.babylon5.comsite and we'd all been refreshing on that site waiting for

> > changes. Then last night there were changes but still no sign of the trailer
> > but there *is* a link to a video that's the opening to the main titles and a
> > tribute to the B5 actors and Andreas in particular. <<
>
> If you're talking about that video called "temp video," I wonder if there's
> something wrong with it. I've tried to view it twice, and it seems to just
> stop _dead_ at the image of G'Kar. The music just cuts out, and the video
> freezes. I hope they're going to load the finished version at some point.

That's probably why it's called a temp file. JMS did show more at
NYCC but iirc, it was a version without the full CGI.

Jan

Methuselah Jones

May 31, 2007, 11:10:10 AM5/31/07
Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jan of
rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:

> In article <Xns99414B11AA1BCme...@127.0.0.1>,

> Methuselah Jones says...
>>
>>And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not
>>even the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>>
>>Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone
>>is talking about.
>>

> Sorry, I wasn't clear. JMS had said that the trailer was coming to
> the www.babylon5.com site

Ah, so he did. I was still thinking the ISN site, as that was mentioned in
the first post. Thanks!

--
Methuselah
"I was watching the Superbowl with my 92 year old grandfather. The team

Wesley Struebing

May 31, 2007, 9:28:02 PM5/31/07
On 30 May 2007 19:07:01 -0700, Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote:

>While you're waiting for the trailer, follow the MySpace link and watch the
>'Temp Video'. I guarantee it'll send shivers down your spine. It's lovely on
>several levels.
>
>Jan

There were FAR too many flash links. I got tired clicking on them all
and gave up in semi-disgust.

Wesley Struebing

May 31, 2007, 9:28:54 PM5/31/07
On Thu, 31 May 2007 12:06:17 GMT, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com>
wrote:

>>> On Thu, 31 May 2007 07:22:47 -0400, Methuselah Jones wrote
>(in article <Xns99414B11AA1BCme...@127.0.0.1>):
>
>> Carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Jan of
>> rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated make plain:
>>
>>> While you're waiting for the trailer, follow the MySpace link and
>>> watch the 'Temp Video'. I guarantee it'll send shivers down your
>>> spine. It's lovely on several levels.
>>
>> Are you talking about this:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3x6jy5
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/3x6jy5
>>
>> I didn't see any link on the ISN site, just a note saying to go over to
>> myspace. There, I waded through fan pages until I found this:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3cegto
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/3cegto
>>
>> which links to the video.
>>
>> And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
>> the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
>> talking about. <<
>
>Having not had time to look at any of these yet, I can't be _sure_, but...I
>thought they were talking about a link from the main WB site for B5, not from
>the ISN site. But in any case, the good news is that the main WB site
>(www.babylon5.com) finally seems to have changed to reflect the new series
>material, huzzah!

If you can wade through all the flash...

Wesley Struebing

May 31, 2007, 9:30:52 PM5/31/07
On 31 May 2007 05:30:00 -0700, Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote:

>In article <Xns99414B11AA1BCme...@127.0.0.1>, Methuselah Jones
>says...
>>
>>And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
>>the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>>
>>Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
>>talking about.
>>

>Sorry, I wasn't clear. JMS had said that the trailer was coming to the
>www.babylon5.com site and we'd all been refreshing on that site waiting for
>changes. Then last night there were changes but still no sign of the trailer
>but there *is* a link to a video that's the opening to the main titles and a
>tribute to the B5 actors and Andreas in particular.
>
>Here's a link directly to the video:
>http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2025422973
>
>Jan

Thank you, Jan. But, now I DO see what was meant about the abrupt
cutoff...

Wendy of NJ

May 31, 2007, 11:03:58 PM5/31/07
On Thu, 31 May 2007 12:38:13 GMT, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com>
wrote:

>>> On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:30:00 -0400, Jan wrote

>(in article <f3mf4...@drn.newsguy.com>):
>
>> In article <Xns99414B11AA1BCme...@127.0.0.1>, Methuselah Jones
>> says...
>>>
>>> And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
>>> the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>>>
>>> Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
>>> talking about.
>>>

>> Sorry, I wasn't clear. JMS had said that the trailer was coming to the
>> www.babylon5.com site and we'd all been refreshing on that site waiting for
>> changes. Then last night there were changes but still no sign of the trailer
>> but there *is* a link to a video that's the opening to the main titles and a
>> tribute to the B5 actors and Andreas in particular. <<
>
>If you're talking about that video called "temp video," I wonder if there's
>something wrong with it. I've tried to view it twice, and it seems to just
>stop _dead_ at the image of G'Kar. The music just cuts out, and the video
>freezes. I hope they're going to load the finished version at some point.
>
>Amy

Go to the main Warner brothers site. The trailer is up now. THE
TRAILER IS UP NOW!!!! (I've only watched it about 10 times in a row)

-Wendy

Kurt Ullman

Jun 1, 2007, 12:22:01 AM6/1/07
In article <o33v53hhquh81utj4...@4ax.com>,

Where? I can't seem to find it.

robin...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2007, 5:10:32 AM6/1/07

> > Go to the main Warner brothers site. The trailer is up now. THE
> > TRAILER IS UP NOW!!!! (I've only watched it about 10 times in a row)
>
> > -Wendy
>
> Where? I can't seem to find it.

Cool! That looks fantastic. :^)

Kurt, it should show up as soon as you go into the 'Main Menu' of the
site. Try hitting Control-F5 while on the site to force a refresh of
the page.

Kurt Ullman

Jun 1, 2007, 7:18:54 AM6/1/07
In article <1180689032.7...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
robin...@gmail.com wrote:

Found it (finally). I was looking around the main WB site
(warnerbrothers.com) instead of the main WB-B5 site. Doh. Fantastic only
kinda sorta covers it(g).

Amy Guskin

Jun 1, 2007, 7:59:26 AM6/1/07
>> On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:28:54 -0400, Wesley Struebing wrote
(in article <rhtu53tcjtqss5f20...@4ax.com>):

Indeed. It would be less annoying if it worked well. As it is, I want to
leave the page up to see what gets added in the next couple of days, but the
main page is so busy that I don't dare. So instead, I'm leaving it up on the
Personality Quiz which isn't there yet ("Coming Soon"!).

Elko Tchernev

Jun 1, 2007, 12:33:39 AM6/1/07
> Where? I can't seem to find it.

It's on www.babylon5.com now.

Richard Fallstrom

Jun 1, 2007, 9:10:42 AM6/1/07
In article <0001HW.C28582C9...@news.verizon.net>, Amy
Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

I found when going to the www.babylon5.com site, it redirected to
http://babylon5.warnerbros.com and you have to click on the "Main Menu"
button to get anywhere.

i hope this will help.

Rick (sometimes is a GentleRF and sometimes is not)

Wesley Struebing

Jun 1, 2007, 9:10:03 PM6/1/07
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:18:54 GMT, Kurt Ullman <kurtu...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Sitting on tenterhooks, waiting for the "expanded version"....<G>
(that is, the actual DVD...)

bruckner

Jun 1, 2007, 3:48:09 PM6/1/07
On May 17, 7:06 am, bruckner <sgbruck...@aol.com> wrote:
> I got a number of links last night from Warner Bros. to videos for B5:
> The Lost Tales. A couple we've seen already, but there are a couple
> new ones. I especially love the clip from Bruce Boxleitner. Nice
> jacket!
>
> Pop over tohttp://www.isnnews.netand see the videos.
> Enjoy,
> Sandy

The folks at WB will be posting more of the diary clips today on
YouTube, vMix, Google Video and LiveVideo (on our WB profiles). They
may be some of the same ones I have over at www.isnnews.net but it is
wonderful to see them getting the word out about THE LOST TALES.

Sandy

Mac Breck

Jun 2, 2007, 9:20:23 AM6/2/07
"Amy Guskin" <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in message

Are you saying it doesn't work well on your Verizon FiOS connection?
Heh, heh. Imagine it on dialup!

> As it is, I want to
> leave the page up to see what gets added in the next couple of days,
but the
> main page is so busy that I don't dare. So instead, I'm leaving it up
on the
> Personality Quiz which isn't there yet ("Coming Soon"!).

So that you don't have to go through that #$!*% $$#@!! countdown every
time you load the main page?

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"Keen Eddie" (2004)
Fiona: Get out.
Eddie: Out of the kitchen?
Fiona: Out of the kitchen, out of the flat, out of London, out of the
world. It's full. Get out.
Eddie: I can't get out of the world. I didn't pull the kind of math
grades you need to qualify for the space program.

"Brimstone" (1998)
Angel: Oh, there's one more thing you should know. Your fate was never
determined until you killed Gilbert Jax. All in all, you've led a good
life, Ezekiel. Have faith. Your work's appreciated.

Amy Guskin

Jun 2, 2007, 9:30:10 AM6/2/07
>> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:20:23 -0400, Mac Breck wrote
(in article <46616ef5$0$16266$ecde...@news.coretel.net>):

Yeah, it's herky-jerky. The second time through each time I view it is
_somewhat_ better, but still not perfect. And I watch videos successfully,
large videos, all the time, so it ain't my system.

>> leave the page up to see what gets added in the next couple of days,
> but the
>> main page is so busy that I don't dare. So instead, I'm leaving it up
> on the
>> Personality Quiz which isn't there yet ("Coming Soon"!).
>
> So that you don't have to go through that #$!*% $$#@!! countdown every
> time you load the main page? <<

Yes, indeed. The site is really awful. I hope someone's going to do
something about it. It works like a mid-90s site attempting similar bells
and whistles. That's just inexcusable in 2007.

Wendy of NJ

Jun 2, 2007, 11:09:51 AM6/2/07
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:30:10 GMT, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com>
wrote:

>Yes, indeed. The site is really awful. I hope someone's going to do
>something about it. It works like a mid-90s site attempting similar bells
>and whistles. That's just inexcusable in 2007.

Hey, it's Warner Brothers. Probably the web designer is someone's
nephew, working for free as an intern. Probably still in High
School...

>Amy

Mac Breck

Jun 2, 2007, 12:52:41 PM6/2/07
"Wendy of NJ" <voxw...@gmail.com> wrote in message

That's probably not far off.

Wesley Struebing

Jun 2, 2007, 8:27:37 PM6/2/07
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 15:09:51 GMT, Wendy of NJ <voxw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I think most high-schoolers anymore would know better...

M. Halbrook

Jun 3, 2007, 2:17:46 AM6/3/07

>> Are you saying it doesn't work well on your Verizon FiOS connection?
>> Heh, heh. Imagine it on dialup! <<
>
> Yeah, it's herky-jerky. The second time through each time I view it
> is _somewhat_ better, but still not perfect. And I watch videos
> successfully, large videos, all the time, so it ain't my system.

Flash only sites suck royally. Flash animations as enhanced
navigation/function fine, but to have it all flash is annoying. Not from a
speed pov but from a surfer pov.

Matt Ion

Jun 3, 2007, 2:13:31 PM6/3/07

Yeah, what a bizarre concept - actually throwing some (relatively
minimal) marketing dollars after the (relatively massive) production
dollars you've put into something. Guess someone's got his head screwed
on straight at WB!

Mac Breck

Jun 3, 2007, 4:05:20 PM6/3/07
"Matt Ion" <soun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Alright, where's the <S> ?

Guess someone's got his head screwed on almost straight, with only a
little crossthreading, at WB!

Jan

Jun 6, 2007, 8:49:46 PM6/6/07
In article <0001HW.C2843A60...@news.verizon.net>, Amy Guskin
says...

>>> On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:30:00 -0400, Jan wrote
>(in article <f3mf4...@drn.newsguy.com>):
>
>> In article <Xns99414B11AA1BCme...@127.0.0.1>, Methuselah Jones
>> says...
>>>
>>> And I don't see anything at all about the trailer on the ISN site, not even
>>> the "Coming Soon" note you mentioned.
>>>
>>> Sorry, I don't mean to sound whiny, I'm just not seeing what everyone is
>>> talking about.
>>>

>> Sorry, I wasn't clear. JMS had said that the trailer was coming to the
>> www.babylon5.com site and we'd all been refreshing on that site waiting for
>> changes. Then last night there were changes but still no sign of the trailer
>> but there *is* a link to a video that's the opening to the main titles and a
>> tribute to the B5 actors and Andreas in particular. <<
>
>If you're talking about that video called "temp video," I wonder if there's
>something wrong with it. I've tried to view it twice, and it seems to just
>stop _dead_ at the image of G'Kar. The music just cuts out, and the video
>freezes. I hope they're going to load the finished version at some point.

I just went back there this afternoon and discovered that the 'temp file' has
now been replaced by the trailer. I didn't have a chance to check, but I wonder
if the bit of the opening sequence that we got was the same length as the
trailer. That would explain it cutting off so suddenly.

Amy Guskin

Jun 7, 2007, 8:25:45 AM6/7/07
>> On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:49:46 -0400, Jan wrote
(in article <f47kn...@drn.newsguy.com>):

But they still haven't fixed the database error that makes the top-rated
episode "undefined"!