You know what I don't get?

Jeffrey Gustafson

Apr 2, 2004, 2:08:52 AM4/2/04
I don't get pointy shoes on women. They seem lie they'd be
uncomfortable. And I find them ugly, but enough women apparently find
them attractive enough to wear them. The only purpose they seem to
have is as an effectively brutal weapon of self-defense.

Awaiting eep.

-The Jeff

Sheridan:"So how did you find out all of this?"
Bester:"I'm a telepath. Work it out." <*>

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 2, 2004, 8:24:14 AM4/2/04
Psico...@hotmail.com (Jeffrey Gustafson) writes:
> I don't get pointy shoes on women. They seem lie they'd be
> uncomfortable. And I find them ugly, but enough women apparently
> find them attractive enough to wear them. The only purpose they
> seem to have is as an effectively brutal weapon of self-defense.

"You want to talk socks?"

I own some pointy shoes, but I rarely wear them. They're for weddings
and funerals. I normally wear walking shoes. Oh, I also have some
Capezio jazz shoes that I wear dancing. (Like I do that often.)

I think it's a method of making the woman's foot look more petite,
which in the past has been the ideal.

Is it a good thing? No, not really. And heels are even worse.

-K

lor...@tala.mede.uic.edu

Apr 4, 2004, 7:11:12 AM4/4/04
In article <4ddedcc5.04040...@posting.google.com>,

Jeffrey Gustafson <Psico...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I don't get pointy shoes on women. They seem lie they'd be
>uncomfortable. And I find them ugly, but enough women apparently find
>them attractive enough to wear them. The only purpose they seem to
>have is as an effectively brutal weapon of self-defense.

I once saw what decades of pointy-toed office shoes had done
to the actual, physical bones of my stepmother's toes.

I all but swore on the spot that I would never, *ever* take
a job that required shoes that Did THAT.

It's worked so far; my one pair of dress shoes are square-toed,
and my last job, as a sysadmin, was perfectly doable in Birkenstock
sandals, and that was when I wore shoes at all...

>Awaiting eep.

... as are we all, dammit!

-- Lorrie

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 4, 2004, 8:59:19 AM4/4/04

I like Birkenstock sandals, but over time the cork sole does something
uncomfortable to the ball of my left foot. So I wear walking shoes.

Most municipal fire codes require people to wear shoes in public
buildings. This is so that you have some protection on your feet when
you have to leave a burning building.

That doesn't mean you have to leave your birks on at your desk,
though.

-K

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 4, 2004, 11:45:22 AM4/4/04
>>On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 6:11:12 -0500, lor...@tala.mede.uic.edu () wrote
(in message <c4orhp$jdj$3...@newsx.cc.uic.edu>):

I have fairly small feet (5.5) that are slightly wide, so square-toed shoes
are de rigeur for me. Nearly all my shoes are either Doc Martens, Steve
Maddens, or Skechers. Pointy-toed shoes don't make any sense to me, because
there's all that wasted real estate above where your toes end. And most
women have to squash their toes into the front of pointy-toed shoes anyway
(because they aren't really configured to fit a normal foot correctly).

I don't like high, stiletto heels either. Dangerous, and bad for your back.
I do however like really high platforms, which can readily be found on
square-toed shoes. Since high platforms don't have the precipitous angle
that high conventional heels have, they aren't actually painful to walk on,
and they don't bend the feet at that abnormal angle that stilettos do.

I tend to do well in British-made shoes. I think maybe more women over there
have feet like mine (small and not narrow), so it seems easier to find shoes
I like when I'm over there.

I freed myself of the tyranny of pointy shoes and pantyhose back in the late
80s. I don't know what I'd do if I ever had to take a job that
required...ugh...office wear again!

Aisling

--
http://www.zongoftheweek.com
Free and legal downloads of fun, original songs

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 4, 2004, 11:48:52 AM4/4/04
(in message <1xn3hp...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

> lor...@tala.mede.uic.edu () writes:
>> In article <4ddedcc5.04040...@posting.google.com>,
>> Jeffrey Gustafson <Psico...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I don't get pointy shoes on women. They seem lie they'd be
>>> uncomfortable. And I find them ugly, but enough women apparently find
>>> them attractive enough to wear them. The only purpose they seem to
>>> have is as an effectively brutal weapon of self-defense.
>>
>> I once saw what decades of pointy-toed office shoes had done
>> to the actual, physical bones of my stepmother's toes.
>>
>> I all but swore on the spot that I would never, *ever* take
>> a job that required shoes that Did THAT.
>>
>> It's worked so far; my one pair of dress shoes are square-toed,
>> and my last job, as a sysadmin, was perfectly doable in Birkenstock
>> sandals, and that was when I wore shoes at all...
>
> I like Birkenstock sandals, but over time the cork sole does something
> uncomfortable to the ball of my left foot. So I wear walking shoes.<<

The most comfortable pair of sandals I've ever bought was also the most
durable - they've lasted for years, and in the summer they are practically
_all_ I wear. It's a pair of Doc Martens leather sandals. I can't recommend
them highly enough. I think they only reason more women aren't wearing them
is because they're a bit clunky looking (that square-toed thing again), and
they're in fact pretty darned heavy. But incredibly comfortable for regular
walking, and even for pretty challenging hiking.

I probably don't notice the weight because I own so many pairs of huge,
clunky, heavy shoes.

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 4, 2004, 5:57:27 PM4/4/04
Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>>On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 7:59:19 -0500, Kathryn Huxtable wrote
> (in message <1xn3hp...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):
>> I like Birkenstock sandals, but over time the cork sole does something
>> uncomfortable to the ball of my left foot. So I wear walking shoes.<<
>
> The most comfortable pair of sandals I've ever bought was also the
> most durable - they've lasted for years, and in the summer they are
> practically _all_ I wear. It's a pair of Doc Martens leather
> sandals. I can't recommend them highly enough. I think they only
> reason more women aren't wearing them is because they're a bit
> clunky looking (that square-toed thing again), and they're in fact
> pretty darned heavy. But incredibly comfortable for regular
> walking, and even for pretty challenging hiking.

Well, I have the opposite problem from you. I have long, narrow feet.

I've seen those Doc Martens sandals. Not quite my style. I'll stick
with my hush puppie looking walking shoes and my penny loafers.

-K

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 4, 2004, 6:09:56 PM4/4/04
(in message <n05r4d...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

> Well, I have the opposite problem from you. I have long, narrow feet.
>
> I've seen those Doc Martens sandals. Not quite my style. I'll stick
> with my hush puppie looking walking shoes and my penny loafers.<<

At least we know we'll never be fighting over the same pair of shoes on a
discount rack someplace. :-)

Aisilng

Raven Woman

Apr 4, 2004, 7:04:47 PM4/4/04

"Jeffrey Gustafson" <Psico...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I don't get pointy shoes on women. They seem lie they'd be
> uncomfortable. And I find them ugly, but enough women apparently find
> them attractive enough to wear them. The only purpose they seem to
> have is as an effectively brutal weapon of self-defense.
>
> Awaiting eep.
>
> -The Jeff

I've heard pointy-toed men's shoes called "roach stampers." Because you can
get the roaches in the corners with them.

I'm not so much on pointy toes, but I'm a devoted fan of super-high heels.
Can't really wear them in my job, but I love the look. AND . . . I don't
find them too uncomfortable.

Of course, after years of ballet I stopped registering actual bleeders as
"uncomfortable." Anything short of a broken bone goes under my radar. And
once I broke my foot in the AM, decided I was too busy to tend to it, and
didn't get around to ambling round to the emergency room til evening. I'd
broken the outside bone completely in half--not just a crack--and it never
felt that bad.

Toothache--that's another story. I cry like a girl.

Shoes I think are really sexy: those knee-high moccasins with fringes.
Worn on men--especially men with nice calves--they are just too-too yummy.

And what's with EVERYONE wearing sandals/flip flops of late. If your toes
are ugly, DON'T SHOW THEM.

This has been
the shoe ramble of
Jenn

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 4, 2004, 8:16:52 PM4/4/04
(in message <c4q49q$1ib6$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):

> Shoes I think are really sexy: those knee-high moccasins with fringes.
> Worn on men--especially men with nice calves--they are just too-too yummy.<<

Ohhh... Men...in...boots. Boots of any kind. Mmmmm.

>> And what's with EVERYONE wearing sandals/flip flops of late. If your toes
> are ugly, DON'T SHOW THEM.<<

I have very nice toes, if I do say so myself. And I like to paint them
green.

Aisling

Raven Woman

Apr 4, 2004, 9:15:12 PM4/4/04
> I have very nice toes, if I do say so myself. And I like to paint them
> green.
>
> Aisling

I have no doubt, Aisling, that every part of you is nice.
*wink*

Jenn

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 4, 2004, 10:40:04 PM4/4/04
>>On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:15:12 -0500, Raven Woman wrote
(in message <c4qbur$rcu$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):

Ooh. Er. Should I be blushing, Jenn? ;-)

LK

Apr 5, 2004, 9:33:33 AM4/5/04

Nah. Pointy-toed shoes are fashion designers telling women they are
really cowgirls at heart ready to ride the range and guide the horse
forward cattle drive with their pointy toed boots.

Now, you are free to put all the strong woman and sexual innuendo into
that assement as you wish ;->

>Is it a good thing? No, not really. And heels are even worse.
>
>-K

And the shoes are really ugly without the style of cowboy boots. (And
I'm not really a fan of cowboy boots, myself.) To me the current shoe
style looks quite stupid--I really wonder about the wearer's IQ--ready
ready to trip anyone trying to walk up stairs.

Any stupid ugly footwear to impede movement and say, yet again, "Hey,
gal your body just ain't built right."

I've gotten more Tough S--- about fashion and looks since I developed
Sweets Syndrome again and it is scarring and aging my skin.

My "attractiveness" is the onlooker's problem not mine.

L (wash-and-wear) K

Hank Tiffany

Apr 5, 2004, 2:08:07 PM4/5/04
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, LK wrote:

> And the shoes are really ugly without the style of cowboy boots. (And
> I'm not really a fan of cowboy boots, myself.)

IMHO, the only reason to wear 'cowboy' boots is because you're about
to get on a horse. That's what they are designed for and they are
terrible for any other use, like say walking.

Hank

--
Hitler, he only had one ball/Goering, had two but they were small
Himmler, was very simmlar/But poor old Goebbels had no balls at all

Rob Perkins

Apr 5, 2004, 4:43:27 PM4/5/04
Hank Tiffany <dav...@cet.com> wrote:

>IMHO, the only reason to wear 'cowboy' boots is because you're about
>to get on a horse. That's what they are designed for and they are
>terrible for any other use, like say walking.

I'm told they're remarkably comfortable, by those that own a pair.

Rob, who doesn't own a pair

Wendy of NJ

Apr 5, 2004, 5:10:29 PM4/5/04
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:33:33 +0000 (UTC), LK <fountai...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Heels make a person's butt look better, and also tilts the pelvis back
a bit, so a woman is "posturing" in a sexually inviting way. It also
makes it very easy to squat-sit (which is nearly impossible for me to
do barefoot in yoga class, but I"m working on it. I have to get some
tendons to stretch about 3 more inches). I can't wear them anymore at
all. The pain starts in the feet, and then later on, I have problems
with my knees and lower back. I still don't know how exotic dancers
can DANCE in the darned things (that is when they're dancing and not
squatting)

Wendy (sneakers, clogs and zoris only, please)

Wesley Struebing

Apr 5, 2004, 8:34:48 PM4/5/04
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 00:16:52 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:04:47 -0500, Raven Woman wrote
>(in message <c4q49q$1ib6$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):
>>
>> Shoes I think are really sexy: those knee-high moccasins with fringes.
>> Worn on men--especially men with nice calves--they are just too-too yummy.<<
>
>Ohhh... Men...in...boots. Boots of any kind. Mmmmm.
>
>>> And what's with EVERYONE wearing sandals/flip flops of late. If your toes
>> are ugly, DON'T SHOW THEM.<<
>
>I have very nice toes, if I do say so myself. And I like to paint them
>green.

Erm, the nails or the toes (trying to picture Aisling with green toes
and open-toed sandals...)

8)

--

Wes Struebing

and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 5, 2004, 8:38:15 PM4/5/04
(in message <o30u60pojqdds9ssk...@4ax.com>):

> I've gotten more Tough S--- about fashion and looks since I developed
> Sweets Syndrome again and it is scarring and aging my skin.
>
> My "attractiveness" is the onlooker's problem not mine.<<

My opinion is that the only person I have to please with my looks is myself.
If anyone else is pleased too, good for them. But I don't agonize about
things like 'sculpting' which my girlfriends who need to lose a mere 10 to 20
pounds are always carping about. I think that if you're a healthy, happy
person with a good personality, the difference between a size 8 (i.e. what
they are), and a size 6 with buff arms (i.e. what they're striving for), is
trivial. I always wonder if they bother thinking it through, this question
of who they are trying to attract with these unrealistic goals of bodily
perfection.

Aisling

--
http://www.zongoftheweek.com
Free and legal downloads of fun, original songs

This week's zong: "If I Had a Sledgehammer"

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 5, 2004, 9:21:54 PM4/5/04
Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
> My opinion is that the only person I have to please with my looks is
> myself. If anyone else is pleased too, good for them. But I don't
> agonize about things like 'sculpting' which my girlfriends who need
> to lose a mere 10 to 20 pounds are always carping about. I think
> that if you're a healthy, happy person with a good personality, the
> difference between a size 8 (i.e. what they are), and a size 6 with
> buff arms (i.e. what they're striving for), is trivial. I always
> wonder if they bother thinking it through, this question of who they
> are trying to attract with these unrealistic goals of bodily
> perfection.

Sure, but my complaint is that I'd like my waist back. I used to have
one...

-K, who is a size 14

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 5, 2004, 9:33:24 PM4/5/04
Wesley Struebing <str...@carpedementem.org> writes:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 00:16:52 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
> <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
>>I have very nice toes, if I do say so myself. And I like to paint
>>them green.
>>
> Erm, the nails or the toes (trying to picture Aisling with green
> toes and open-toed sandals...)

Well, why *not* paint one's toes? It would be sort of like face
painting...

-K, who's even sillier than Wes

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 5, 2004, 9:37:59 PM4/5/04
(in message <anu370lg2no7051qn...@4ax.com>):

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 00:16:52 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
> <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
>

>> I have very nice toes, if I do say so myself. And I like to paint them
>> green.
>>
> Erm, the nails or the toes (trying to picture Aisling with green toes
> and open-toed sandals...)<<

Generally, when one says "painting one's toes," the toenails are meant.
Silly Wes. :-)

Anyway, if you want to see this green phenomenon firsthand - and I can't
believe I'm about to say this - I have pictures of my feet. Online. Yes,
indeed. They are at:

http://www.fjordstone.com/aislingsfeet.html

The green toenail one is from three years ago, pre-accident. So my ankles
are slimmer now. :-p I'm not sure when the toe socks one was taken. I
probably should have posed next to someone with a normal-sized foot to really
accentuate how small they are, but for those keeping track of such things
<g>, they're about 8 and a quarter inches from big toe to heel.

(Kee-rist, we REALLY need some B5 news, JMS!)

Keeping foot-fetishists everywhere happy,

Aisling

--
http://www.zongoftheweek.com
Free and legal downloads of fun, original songs

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 5, 2004, 9:40:06 PM4/5/04
>>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:21:54 -0500, Kathryn Huxtable wrote
(in message <n05pew...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

<Imagining Hattie McDaniel as Mammy in "Gone With the Wind" lacing up Kathryn
into a whalebone corset, who is hanging onto the bedpost and sucking it in
for all she's worth.> :-)

Raven Woman

Apr 5, 2004, 10:03:55 PM4/5/04
> My opinion is that the only person I have to please with my looks is
myself.
> If anyone else is pleased too, good for them. But I don't agonize about
> things like 'sculpting' which my girlfriends who need to lose a mere 10 to
20
> pounds are always carping about. I think that if you're a healthy, happy
> person with a good personality, the difference between a size 8 (i.e. what
> they are), and a size 6 with buff arms (i.e. what they're striving for),
is
> trivial. I always wonder if they bother thinking it through, this
question
> of who they are trying to attract with these unrealistic goals of bodily
> perfection.
>
> Aisling

Maybe it isn't always attraction that's the goal? I kinda think that
wanting to stay fit (and *visibly* fit/buff/thin/stacked/whatever) is a
response to that little gnawing noise . . . Time, with its teeth in your
bones.

Jenn

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 5, 2004, 10:18:51 PM4/5/04
Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:21:54 -0500, Kathryn Huxtable wrote
> (in message <n05pew...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):
>
>> Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>> My opinion is that the only person I have to please with my looks
>>> is myself. If anyone else is pleased too, good for them. But I
>>> don't agonize about things like 'sculpting' which my girlfriends
>>> who need to lose a mere 10 to 20 pounds are always carping about.
>>> I think that if you're a healthy, happy person with a good
>>> personality, the difference between a size 8 (i.e. what they are),
>>> and a size 6 with buff arms (i.e. what they're striving for), is
>>> trivial. I always wonder if they bother thinking it through, this
>>> question of who they are trying to attract with these unrealistic
>>> goals of bodily perfection.
>>
>> Sure, but my complaint is that I'd like my waist back. I used to
>> have one...
>>
>> -K, who is a size 14<<
>
> <Imagining Hattie McDaniel as Mammy in "Gone With the Wind" lacing
> up Kathryn into a whalebone corset, who is hanging onto the bedpost
> and sucking it in for all she's worth.> :-)

Oh, gawd. I tried a corset. Once. Sheer torture. And it wasn't even
whalebone.

-K, who needs to do crunches.

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 5, 2004, 10:34:11 PM4/5/04
(in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

> Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>
>> <Imagining Hattie McDaniel as Mammy in "Gone With the Wind" lacing
>> up Kathryn into a whalebone corset, who is hanging onto the bedpost
>> and sucking it in for all she's worth.> :-)
>
> Oh, gawd. I tried a corset. Once. Sheer torture. And it wasn't even
> whalebone.<<

Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 5, 2004, 11:06:30 PM4/5/04
Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:18:51 -0500, Kathryn Huxtable wrote
> (in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):
>
>> Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>>
>>> <Imagining Hattie McDaniel as Mammy in "Gone With the Wind" lacing
>>> up Kathryn into a whalebone corset, who is hanging onto the bedpost
>>> and sucking it in for all she's worth.> :-)
>>
>> Oh, gawd. I tried a corset. Once. Sheer torture. And it wasn't even
>> whalebone.<<
>
> Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.

Well, yeah, but I couldn't *breathe*!

-K

Pelzo63

Apr 6, 2004, 12:23:37 AM4/6/04
wendy wrote:

<< It also
makes it very easy to squat-sit (which is nearly impossible for me to
do barefoot in yoga class, but I"m working on it. I have to get some
tendons to stretch about 3 more inches). I >>

err, what is squat-sitting? i mean, by the sound of the 2 words, i would think
this is just squatting down so that your butt is on your heels, and you're only
touching the ground with your toes/balls of feet. ie, a little bit further than
a baseball/softball catcher squats, but the difficulty with which you attribute
to it seems to indicate my interpretation of this "posture" is incorrect.... ?

i am confuseled ;-)

...Chris. wendy, i can flyyyyyy!
People like you make me want to access your brain, and type rm -r -f /

Eliyahu Rooff

Apr 6, 2004, 1:18:23 AM4/6/04

"Aisling Willow Grey" <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in message
FWIW, most of the women I know who are doing office jobs are also
wearing what we used to call "sensible shoes." The pointy high-heels
seem to have a limited market these days.

As much as I grouse about the difficulties of finding my shoes in a size
13, it's worse for my friend who wears a women's size 2...

Eliyahu

Moyra J. Bligh

Apr 6, 2004, 1:40:11 AM4/6/04
to b5...@deepthot.org

oh details, details <g>

--
Moyra J. Bligh - mo...@zlatna.com
FAQ maintainer - alt.fan.mira-furlan http://www.zlatna.com/MFfaq.html

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 8:37:18 AM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 01:37:59 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:34:48 -0500, Wesley Struebing wrote
>(in message <anu370lg2no7051qn...@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 00:16:52 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
>> <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I have very nice toes, if I do say so myself. And I like to paint them
>>> green.
>>>
>> Erm, the nails or the toes (trying to picture Aisling with green toes
>> and open-toed sandals...)<<
>
>Generally, when one says "painting one's toes," the toenails are meant.
>Silly Wes. :-)
>
>Anyway, if you want to see this green phenomenon firsthand - and I can't
>believe I'm about to say this - I have pictures of my feet. Online. Yes,
>indeed. They are at:
>
>http://www.fjordstone.com/aislingsfeet.html

Be careful, Ais... that picture could wind up on
at.binaries.fetishes.feet or something...

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 8:40:28 AM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 04:23:37 +0000 (UTC), pel...@aol.com (Pelzo63)
wrote:

>wendy wrote:
>
><< It also
>makes it very easy to squat-sit (which is nearly impossible for me to
>do barefoot in yoga class, but I"m working on it. I have to get some
>tendons to stretch about 3 more inches). I >>
>
>err, what is squat-sitting? i mean, by the sound of the 2 words, i would think
>this is just squatting down so that your butt is on your heels, and you're only
>touching the ground with your toes/balls of feet. ie, a little bit further than
>a baseball/softball catcher squats, but the difficulty with which you attribute
>to it seems to indicate my interpretation of this "posture" is incorrect.... ?

You have it almost right. Except you are NOT on your toes, but on the
entirety of the foot (heels on the ground, too). So your butt is not
quite on your heels. Now, do you see the difficulty of this posture?
My guru can do this, so it's not impossible. You just have to be a
middle-aged Indian human pretzel...

-Wendy (think happy thoughts)

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 8:42:48 AM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 02:34:11 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:18:51 -0500, Kathryn Huxtable wrote
>(in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):
>
>> Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>>
>>> <Imagining Hattie McDaniel as Mammy in "Gone With the Wind" lacing
>>> up Kathryn into a whalebone corset, who is hanging onto the bedpost
>>> and sucking it in for all she's worth.> :-)
>>
>> Oh, gawd. I tried a corset. Once. Sheer torture. And it wasn't even
>> whalebone.<<
>
>Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.

And wearable if you're not planning to do any sitting. No, I don't
really miss the SCA! LOL. (although the decolletage *was* fun)

-Wendy

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 8:44:52 AM4/6/04

I don't care what size I am. The other zoftig woman in our yoga class
can get her feet out perpendicular to the rest of her body and then
lay down. She can also do a back bend and touch the underside of her
foot to the back of her head. I want to be able to do THAT. Then, I'll
be able to laugh at time. Ha!

-Wendy (yoga class in 11 hours)

LK

Apr 6, 2004, 9:36:16 AM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:38:15 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 8:33:33 -0500, LK wrote
>(in message <o30u60pojqdds9ssk...@4ax.com>):
>>
>> I've gotten more Tough S--- about fashion and looks since I developed
>> Sweets Syndrome again and it is scarring and aging my skin.
>>
>> My "attractiveness" is the onlooker's problem not mine.<<
>
>My opinion is that the only person I have to please with my looks is myself.
>If anyone else is pleased too, good for them. But I don't agonize about
>things like 'sculpting' which my girlfriends who need to lose a mere 10 to 20
>pounds are always carping about. I think that if you're a healthy, happy
>person with a good personality, the difference between a size 8 (i.e. what
>they are), and a size 6 with buff arms (i.e. what they're striving for), is
>trivial. I always wonder if they bother thinking it through, this question
>of who they are trying to attract with these unrealistic goals of bodily
>perfection.
>
>Aisling

I'm one of those that gaining 7 pounds wears me out. I get so tired
during those :"bloated" days. And I've been on limited steroids which
I now know can caused psychosis and weight gain. No one told me that
years ago when I was taking for the same Syndrome and I was pregnant,
too. Now I understand some of what was going on with me and why my
weight shot up so early in my pregnancy.

So me maintaining my weight is important for energy levels. And the
heart medication I now take makes energy even more of a challenge and
another reason to not gain 10 lbs.

I've always had a weird body.

LK

LK

Apr 6, 2004, 9:39:22 AM4/6/04
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:18:51 -0500, Kathryn Huxtable wrote
>(in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):
>
>> Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>>
>>> <Imagining Hattie McDaniel as Mammy in "Gone With the Wind" lacing
>>> up Kathryn into a whalebone corset, who is hanging onto the bedpost
>>> and sucking it in for all she's worth.> :-)
>>
>> Oh, gawd. I tried a corset. Once. Sheer torture. And it wasn't even
>> whalebone.<<
>
>Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.
>
>Aisling

I guess as part of bedroom attire upstairs could be fun.

There is just something about a slight wiggle of breast that does
something to men that I still don't get.

LK

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 9:53:34 AM4/6/04
(in message <1074fct...@corp.supernews.com>):

> As much as I grouse about the difficulties of finding my shoes in a size
> 13, it's worse for my friend who wears a women's size 2...<<

Egads, and I thought _I_ had small feet. How tall is she?

Eliyahu Rooff

Apr 6, 2004, 9:57:22 AM4/6/04

> >>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 0:18:23 -0500, Eliyahu Rooff wrote
> (in message <1074fct...@corp.supernews.com>):
> >
> > As much as I grouse about the difficulties of finding my shoes in a
size
> > 13, it's worse for my friend who wears a women's size 2...<<
>
> Egads, and I thought _I_ had small feet. How tall is she?

About 5-3. What's funny is when she slips a pair of my shoes on, without
removing hers. :-)

Eliyahu

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 10:05:07 AM4/6/04
(in message <q1n570hv9h131ef2u...@4ax.com>):

>> (in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

>>> Oh, gawd. I tried a corset. Once. Sheer torture. And it wasn't even
>>> whalebone.<<
>>
>> Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.
>>
>> Aisling
>
> I guess as part of bedroom attire upstairs could be fun.<<

Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of a woman's
body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are very flattering to that
part of the body - they provide much attractive decolletage until you start
turning blue and passing out.

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 6, 2004, 10:06:24 AM4/6/04
LK <fountai...@yahoo.com> writes:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 02:34:11 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
> <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
>>Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.
>
> I guess as part of bedroom attire upstairs could be fun.
>
> There is just something about a slight wiggle of breast that does
> something to men that I still don't get.

Um...not just men...

-K, who isn't as visually oriented as most men she knows, but it
doesn't hurt...

Paul Harper

Apr 6, 2004, 10:41:26 AM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:05:07 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>Corsets are very flattering to that
>part of the body - they provide much attractive decolletage until you start
>turning blue and passing out.

Is *that* what's causing it. Must get a bigger one...

Paul.

--
. A .sig is all well and good, but it's no substitute for a personality
. JMS: "SFX is a fairly useless publication on just about every imaginable front.

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 11:11:39 AM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
Aisling Willow Grey rolled initiative and posted the following:

>>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 8:39:22 -0500, LK wrote
> (in message <q1n570hv9h131ef2u...@4ax.com>):

>>> (in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

>>> Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially
>>> upstairs.
>>>
>>> Aisling
>>
>> I guess as part of bedroom attire upstairs could be fun.<<
>
> Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of
> a woman's body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are
> very flattering to that part of the body - they provide much
> attractive decolletage until you start turning blue and passing
> out.

If you pass out from wearing your corset, then you've either got
it tied too tight or need to get a size larger.

Hollywood's portrayal of the corset is off a bit, as is the
general public perception.

Derek

(Whose wife was wearing hoops and stays when he met her)

--
There comes a time when every team must learn to make individual
sacrifices.

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 11:25:30 AM4/6/04
(in message <Xns94C367B2...@130.133.1.4>):

> While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
> Aisling Willow Grey rolled initiative and posted the following:
>

>> Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of
>> a woman's body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are
>> very flattering to that part of the body - they provide much
>> attractive decolletage until you start turning blue and passing
>> out.
>
> If you pass out from wearing your corset, then you've either got
> it tied too tight or need to get a size larger.<<

Or, you're trying to achieve results contrary to nature and your body
size/shape.

>> Hollywood's portrayal of the corset is off a bit, as is the
> general public perception.
>
> Derek
>
> (Whose wife was wearing hoops and stays when he met her)<<

Hey, I was once part of a team of six women who helped lace a very slim and
athletic woman into a corset for her wedding! And while you're right that
corsets don't _have_ to be painful, most people who wear them - no matter how
they're built - are intent on changing their shape by wearing one.

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 11:41:04 AM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
Aisling Willow Grey rolled initiative and posted the following:

>>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:11:39 -0500, Derek wrote
> (in message <Xns94C367B2...@130.133.1.4>):
>
>> While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
>> Aisling Willow Grey rolled initiative and posted the following:
>>

>>> Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part
>>> of a woman's body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets
>>> are very flattering to that part of the body - they provide
>>> much attractive decolletage until you start turning blue and
>>> passing out.
>>
>> If you pass out from wearing your corset, then you've either
>> got it tied too tight or need to get a size larger.<<
>
> Or, you're trying to achieve results contrary to nature and your
> body size/shape.

Very true. But because a few people, ala Scarlett O'Hara,
attempted to take the idea of changing their body shape too far
does not mean that all women did so.

After all, y'all ain't all anorexic, are you?

>>> Hollywood's portrayal of the corset is off a bit, as is the
>> general public perception.
>>
>> Derek
>>
>> (Whose wife was wearing hoops and stays when he met her)<<
>
> Hey, I was once part of a team of six women who helped lace a
> very slim and athletic woman into a corset for her wedding! And
> while you're right that corsets don't _have_ to be painful, most
> people who wear them - no matter how they're built - are intent
> on changing their shape by wearing one.

Now-a-days, sure. The intent was to change one's shape. In the
past? Not necessarily. They served other purposes.

My wife explained to me that her whale bones went over her shift.
On hot Virginia days, the shift would collect sweat and the
whalebones actually let air circulate underneath the heavy gown
she had to wear for work. She called it "personal air
conditioning."

Certainly they can be uncomfortable, especially if you're not used
to wearing one - so can shoes. The problem "now" is that those
who've never worn one suddenly put one on in their 20s for a
wedding or seduction and expect it to feel as natural as the shoes
on their feet.

Keep in mind that our general portrayal of those wearing corsets,
hoops and stays focuses on the upper class who could afford to be
"inconvenienced." Those who had to work for a living and still
wear whale bones didn't have that luxury.

--
Derek

When birds fly in the right formation, they need only exert half
the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective
laziness.

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 11:47:45 AM4/6/04
(in message <Xns94C36CA9...@130.133.1.4>):

> While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
> Aisling Willow Grey rolled initiative and posted the following:
>

>> Hey, I was once part of a team of six women who helped lace a
>> very slim and athletic woman into a corset for her wedding! And
>> while you're right that corsets don't _have_ to be painful, most
>> people who wear them - no matter how they're built - are intent
>> on changing their shape by wearing one.
>
> Now-a-days, sure. The intent was to change one's shape. In the
> past? Not necessarily. They served other purposes.
>
> My wife explained to me that her whale bones went over her shift.
> On hot Virginia days, the shift would collect sweat and the
> whalebones actually let air circulate underneath the heavy gown
> she had to wear for work. She called it "personal air
> conditioning."
>
> Certainly they can be uncomfortable, especially if you're not used
> to wearing one - so can shoes. The problem "now" is that those
> who've never worn one suddenly put one on in their 20s for a
> wedding or seduction and expect it to feel as natural as the shoes
> on their feet.
>
> Keep in mind that our general portrayal of those wearing corsets,
> hoops and stays focuses on the upper class who could afford to be
> "inconvenienced." Those who had to work for a living and still
> wear whale bones didn't have that luxury.<<

All good and valid points. Now, I'm curious: what does your wife do for a
living that requires (required?) her to wear a hoop, corset and stays? Tour
guide at a plantation? You've _got_ to have some good stories, I'm guessing.
:-)

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 11:53:40 AM4/6/04

When we met, she worked as a tour guide at Colonial Williamsburg.
She was leading our tour through the Governor's Palace when there
was this eye-contact thing. The rest is history, and quite a tale
in itself.

Certainly life in the 1770s (where CW focuses their effort) was
different than life in the 1860s, and fashion changed. But she
loves to point out how our "modern sensibilities" often miss the
reality of life in the past.

Raven Woman

Apr 6, 2004, 12:23:55 PM4/6/04
> >> If you pass out from wearing your corset, then you've either
> >> got it tied too tight or need to get a size larger.<<
> >
> > Or, you're trying to achieve results contrary to nature and your
> > body size/shape.
>
> Very true. But because a few people, ala Scarlett O'Hara,
> attempted to take the idea of changing their body shape too far
> does not mean that all women did so.
>
> After all, y'all ain't all anorexic, are you?

Nope. But some of us might be drag queens.

Jenn

Brian Hulett

Apr 6, 2004, 12:31:53 PM4/6/04
> There is just something about a slight wiggle of breast that does
> something to men that I still don't get.

My anatomy/physiology teacher had a great remark about this that I'll never
forget. When we were studying this part of female body she said, "They're
actually just modified sweat glands inside two fat deposits. Kinda takes
some of the romance out of it, doesn't it?"

--
---Brian Hulett
If you want to be more of a servant, you must be willing to be treated like

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to
give his life a ransom for many." -- Mark 10:45

Radio Free Hulett, featuring an indescribable mix of the greatest music of
the past 80 years: http://tinyurl.com/2ofut

Recently played: ZZ Top "Party On the Patio," Dire Straits "Sultans of
Swing," Avalon "(Lord, I Can) Take You At Your Word," Al Green "Too Many,"
Newsboys "Take My Hands (Praises)," Boney James "RPM."

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 6, 2004, 1:26:17 PM4/6/04
"Brian Hulett" <edi...@thewinningdrive.com> writes:
>> There is just something about a slight wiggle of breast that does
>> something to men that I still don't get.
>>
> My anatomy/physiology teacher had a great remark about this that I'll never
> forget. When we were studying this part of female body she said, "They're
> actually just modified sweat glands inside two fat deposits. Kinda takes
> some of the romance out of it, doesn't it?"

Understanding does not diminish the wonder.

-K

Rob Perkins

Apr 6, 2004, 2:08:45 PM4/6/04
"Brian Hulett" <edi...@thewinningdrive.com> wrote:

>"They're
>actually just modified sweat glands inside two fat deposits. Kinda takes
>some of the romance out of it, doesn't it?"

Nope, sorry, for some reason it doesn't.

Rob :-)

Rob Perkins

Apr 6, 2004, 2:08:47 PM4/6/04
Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>I think that if you're a healthy, happy
>person with a good personality, the difference between a size 8 (i.e. what
>they are), and a size 6 with buff arms (i.e. what they're striving for), is
>trivial.

It's such a distressing thing to see people chase that kind of thing.
I'm never even really clear on why it's necessary...

And it reminds me, tangentally, to note that far more women wear those
too-small low-rise pants than should. It leaves them with "love
handles" when a higher waistline or the next size up (or both) would
result in a much more attractive appearance.

I blame Britney Spears. It's her fault.

Rob

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 2:19:19 PM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated, Rob
Perkins rolled initiative and posted the following:

A-men.

There's nothing that says one has to be toned or tiny to be sexy.
Nigella Lawson's got meat on her bones and she's a hotty, and she
can cook like crazy. But when you wear clothes that accentuate
your pudge, you're missing the target.

I saw a backup singer on a tv program a few years back. She wasn't
fat, but she was large, i.e. tall, not a waif. And yet she was
wearing tight, low rise leather pants and a midriff bearing shirt.
All that served to do was make her belly button look like it was
in the middle of a mound of pudding. Every move she made, her
belly button jiggled.

Sometimes, you just want to send people to talk with Clinton and
Stacey.

> I blame Britney Spears. It's her fault.

Everything's her fault.

--
Derek

The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shorline of
wonder. - Ralph W. Sockman

Andrew Swallow

Apr 6, 2004, 2:49:13 PM4/6/04
"Derek" <ne...@gwinn.us> wrote in message
[snip]

> > I blame Britney Spears. It's her fault.
>
> Everything's her fault.

Nah! She is just a toxic schoolgirl who grew up to
become a succubus disguised as an air hostess.

Andrew Swallow

John C. Anderson

Apr 6, 2004, 2:59:20 PM4/6/04
<< From: Kathryn Huxtable kat...@kathrynhuxtable.org >>

What she said :)

Lost in summer, born in winter, travel very far.
Lost in losing circumstances, that's just where you are.

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 4:27:52 PM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
Andrew Swallow rolled initiative and posted the following:

I'm guessing this is a reference to her song "Toxic." But having
thankfully never accidentally heard it all the way through or been
forced to watch the video, I'm just guessing.

--
Derek

Some people dream of success, while other people live to crush
those dreams.

Richard

Apr 6, 2004, 4:32:17 PM4/6/04
Derek <ne...@gwinn.us> wrote in news:Xns94C39D47...@130.133.1.4:

> While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
> Andrew Swallow rolled initiative and posted the following:
>
>> "Derek" <ne...@gwinn.us> wrote in message
>> news:Xns94C38780...@130.133.1.4... [snip]
>>>
>>> Everything's her fault.
>>>
>> Nah! She is just a toxic schoolgirl who grew up to become a succubus
>> disguised as an air hostess.
>
> I'm guessing this is a reference to her song "Toxic." But having
> thankfully never accidentally heard it all the way through or been
> forced to watch the video, I'm just guessing.

Didn't know she had a song by that name, couldn't name a single song of
hers thankfully.

--
Richard

Vorlonagent

Apr 6, 2004, 4:35:28 PM4/6/04
> The most comfortable pair of sandals I've ever bought was also the most
> durable - they've lasted for years, and in the summer they are practically
> _all_ I wear. It's a pair of Doc Martens leather sandals. I can't
recommend
> them highly enough. I think they only reason more women aren't wearing
them
> is because they're a bit clunky looking (that square-toed thing again),
and
> they're in fact pretty darned heavy. But incredibly comfortable for
regular
> walking, and even for pretty challenging hiking.

I can't wear sandals for everyday. I have extremely high arches and my feet
start to hurt. Variations on a sneaker theme are the order of the day for
me.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not sitrred."

My news server sucks.
Posts may not reach the newsgroup for as long as a week after I write them.

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 4:35:35 PM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
Richard rolled initiative and posted the following:

> Didn't know she had a song by that name, couldn't name a single
> song of hers thankfully.

You, sir, are one step ahead of me. I envy you.

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 5:18:53 PM4/6/04
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 8:39:22 -0500, LK wrote
>(in message <q1n570hv9h131ef2u...@4ax.com>):

>>> (in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

>>> Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.
>>>
>>> Aisling
>>
>> I guess as part of bedroom attire upstairs could be fun.<<
>
>Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of a woman's
>body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are very flattering to that
>part of the body - they provide much attractive decolletage until you start
>turning blue and passing out.

Dearie, that's called "the vapors".. <eg>

-Wendy (well, my mother was a ROMANCE author, after all!)

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 5:25:08 PM4/6/04

There are some cultures where some jiggle is preferred. :P

-Wendy

Vorlonagent

Apr 6, 2004, 5:33:55 PM4/6/04
> My opinion is that the only person I have to please with my looks is
myself.
> If anyone else is pleased too, good for them. But I don't agonize about
> things like 'sculpting' which my girlfriends who need to lose a mere 10 to
20
> pounds are always carping about. I think that if you're a healthy, happy

> person with a good personality, the difference between a size 8 (i.e. what
> they are), and a size 6 with buff arms (i.e. what they're striving for),
is
> trivial. I always wonder if they bother thinking it through, this
question
> of who they are trying to attract with these unrealistic goals of bodily
> perfection.

And worse, unnecessary.

Speaking purely from the pure, slab-of-meat level, a woman usually looks
better carrying a few pounds rather than being a few pounds light.

At least IMHO.

The advertisers forgot to tell me what I was supposed to like, I guess.

Vorlonagent

Apr 6, 2004, 5:41:04 PM4/6/04
> There is just something about a slight wiggle of breast that does
> something to men that I still don't get.

We don't either.

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 5:55:00 PM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
Wendy of NJ rolled initiative and posted the following:

So I take it you've visited Jellotopia? :P

--
Derek

Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up

Hank Tiffany

Apr 6, 2004, 6:05:52 PM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Aisling Willow Grey wrote:

> Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of a woman's
> body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are very flattering to that
> part of the body - they provide much attractive decolletage until you start
> turning blue and passing out.

Short shallow breaths my dear. And none of that vulgar physical
activity, that's what servants are for.

Hank

--
Hitler, he only had one ball/Goering, had two but they were small
Himmler, was very simmlar/But poor old Goebbels had no balls at all

Hank Tiffany

Apr 6, 2004, 6:10:03 PM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Brian Hulett wrote:

> > There is just something about a slight wiggle of breast that does
> > something to men that I still don't get.
> >
> My anatomy/physiology teacher had a great remark about this that I'll never
> forget. When we were studying this part of female body she said, "They're
> actually just modified sweat glands inside two fat deposits. Kinda takes
> some of the romance out of it, doesn't it?"

Personally I've never been that interested in them for their own
sake, but playing with them seems to have certain effects on the
rest of the the body they are attached to that I find quite
rewarding.

Pelzo63

Apr 6, 2004, 6:10:19 PM4/6/04
wendy wrote:

<< You have it almost right. Except you are NOT on your toes, but on the
entirety of the foot (heels on the ground, too). So your butt is not
quite on your heels. Now, do you see the difficulty of this posture?
My guru can do this, so it's not impossible. You just have to be a
middle-aged Indian human pretzel... >>

ok, so this raises all new questions <g> first being why would you want to!?
afteralll, the "catcher" position is so much more comfortable and easy!

i'm rather flexible myself, can put one foot behind my head, or both feet on
top of it, do full butterfly stretch with knees on ground, and face against
toes and heels pulled all the way in, but i think i pulled something trying
this position! ow ow ow

...Chris
People like you make me want to access your brain, and type rm -r -f /

Hank Tiffany

Apr 6, 2004, 6:11:33 PM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Derek wrote:

> While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
> Richard rolled initiative and posted the following:
>
> > Didn't know she had a song by that name, couldn't name a single
> > song of hers thankfully.
>
> You, sir, are one step ahead of me. I envy you.

She sings?

Pelzo63

Apr 6, 2004, 6:12:22 PM4/6/04
aisling wrote:

<< - they provide much attractive decolletage until you start
turning blue and passing out. >>

what do you mean...."until"? <rlh>

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 6:44:39 PM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:10:19 +0000 (UTC), pel...@aol.com (Pelzo63)
wrote:

>wendy wrote:
>
><< You have it almost right. Except you are NOT on your toes, but on the
>entirety of the foot (heels on the ground, too). So your butt is not
>quite on your heels. Now, do you see the difficulty of this posture?
>My guru can do this, so it's not impossible. You just have to be a
>middle-aged Indian human pretzel... >>
>
>ok, so this raises all new questions <g> first being why would you want to!?

Because that postition (and many others) activate the first chakra,
and from there, you can do a lot of holistic healing work on yourself.
You have to acheive the proper body positions to do this.

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 6:46:18 PM4/6/04

Honey, I *live* in Jellotopia! that's my address: Jigglesville,
Jellotopia.

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 6:51:11 PM4/6/04
(in message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0404061507190.353-100000@davidt>):

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Aisling Willow Grey wrote:
>

>> Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of a woman's
>> body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are very flattering to that
>> part of the body - they provide much attractive decolletage until you
>> start
>> turning blue and passing out.
>
> Short shallow breaths my dear.<<

And this is why corsets aren't conducive to singing careers.

Aisling

--
http://www.zongoftheweek.com
Free and legal downloads of fun, original songs
This week's zong: "If I Had a Sledgehammer"

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 6:52:05 PM4/6/04
(in message <20040406181143...@mb-m17.aol.com>):

> aisling wrote:
>
> << - they provide much attractive decolletage until you start
> turning blue and passing out. >>
>

> what do you mean...."until"? <rlh><,

Eeeew, Pelzo's a necrophiliac! :-p

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 6:53:05 PM4/6/04
(in message <bgc6705ac5tbru5f7...@4ax.com>):

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:55:00 +0000 (UTC), Derek <ne...@gwinn.us> wrote:
>
>> While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
>> Wendy of NJ rolled initiative and posted the following:
>>

>>> There are some cultures where some jiggle is preferred. :P
>>
>> So I take it you've visited Jellotopia? :P
>
> Honey, I *live* in Jellotopia! that's my address: Jigglesville,
> Jellotopia.<<

<sound of Aisling packing bags and buying bus ticket>

Wesley Struebing

Apr 6, 2004, 7:46:50 PM4/6/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:42:48 +0000 (UTC), Wendy of NJ
<voxw...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>(in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

>>> Oh, gawd. I tried a corset. Once. Sheer torture. And it wasn't even
>>> whalebone.<<
>>
>>Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.
>

>And wearable if you're not planning to do any sitting. No, I don't
>really miss the SCA! LOL. (although the decolletage *was* fun)

(thinking back fondly to some of his SCA days...) We thought so, too,
Wendy.

--

Wes Struebing

and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.

Wesley Struebing

Apr 6, 2004, 7:52:04 PM4/6/04
<ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

>>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 8:39:22 -0500, LK wrote
>(in message <q1n570hv9h131ef2u...@4ax.com>):

>>> (in message <65cdet...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

>>> Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.
>>>

>>> Aisling
>>
>> I guess as part of bedroom attire upstairs could be fun.<<
>

>Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of a woman's
>body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are very flattering to that

>part of the body - they provide much attractive decolletage until you start

>turning blue and passing out.

Quoting Firesign Theater, Mudhen makes a comment to Porgy about one of
their classmates - "She's got a balcony you can do Shakespeare from!"

(thinking what would happen if I tried to cinch myself into, say
really tight jeans, I can't see why anyone really did that to
themselves for some sputious vision of fashion/beauty...)

Rob Perkins

Apr 6, 2004, 7:53:31 PM4/6/04
Wendy of NJ <voxw...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of a woman's
>>body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are very flattering to that
>>part of the body - they provide much attractive decolletage until you start
>>turning blue and passing out.
>
>Dearie, that's called "the vapors".. <eg>

Um... Correct me if my _Gone with the Wind_-deficient self is wrong,
but isn't "the vapors" nothing more than bad gas?

Rob

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 8:06:16 PM4/6/04
(in message <oeg670tju04j7rogh...@4ax.com>):

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:05:07 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
> <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
>

>> Just to be clear, I meant "upstairs" as a reference to a part of a woman's
>> body. You know - the, uh, mezzanine. Corsets are very flattering to that
>> part of the body - they provide much attractive decolletage until you
>> start
>> turning blue and passing out.
>>
> Quoting Firesign Theater, Mudhen makes a comment to Porgy about one of
> their classmates - "She's got a balcony you can do Shakespeare from!"<<

That sort of reminds me of a comment an old boss used to make from time to
time. He was referring to a certain type of woman he'd often see at events
in New York - a woman who had a personal trainer, and went to great expense
to keep her body in terrific shape, even if she was well advanced in years
and couldn't do nearly the same for her face. So, he'd see a woman like
that, and think "WOW!" until she turned around. He'd always say "she was a
lyceum in the back, but a museum in the front." It doesn't even make much
sense, but it always made me laugh.

Aisling

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 6, 2004, 8:08:10 PM4/6/04
>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:53:31 -0500, Rob Perkins wrote
(in message <klg670tr159510g3q...@4ax.com>):

Gack! No! Women don't have bad gas - at least not in the pre-Civil War
South. "The vapors" was a generic sort of non-medical catch-all term for
fainting spells. An overtight corset would _certainly_ bring on the vapors.

Also Rob, women don't sweat - horses sweat; men perspire; women glow. Got
it? <g>

Raven Woman

Apr 6, 2004, 8:34:50 PM4/6/04
> >wendy wrote:
> >
> ><< You have it almost right. Except you are NOT on your toes, but on the
> >entirety of the foot (heels on the ground, too). So your butt is not
> >quite on your heels. Now, do you see the difficulty of this posture?
> >My guru can do this, so it's not impossible. You just have to be a
> >middle-aged Indian human pretzel... >>
> >
> >ok, so this raises all new questions <g> first being why would you want
to!?

Don't Asian people use this position a lot, just to sit in? I have a friend
who went on a teacher-exchange trip to Japan, IRRC, and some of the toilets
required you to squat like that to used them properly, she said.

I've always wanted to "see" one of those toilets. AND . . . she said they
had little tapes of music or water running to play so that no one can hear
you doing your business.

Any Asian posters here wanna confirm? Or is this just a shaggy-dog story?

WAAAY off topic now . . . JMS better send us some news soon.

Jenn

Andrew Swallow

Apr 6, 2004, 8:37:41 PM4/6/04

> While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
> Andrew Swallow rolled initiative and posted the following:
>
> > "Derek" <ne...@gwinn.us> wrote in message
> > [snip]
> >>
> >> Everything's her fault.
> >>
> > Nah! She is just a toxic schoolgirl who grew up to
> > become a succubus disguised as an air hostess.
>
> I'm guessing this is a reference to her song "Toxic." But having
> thankfully never accidentally heard it all the way through or been
> forced to watch the video, I'm just guessing.

Yes. It is a reference to two of her videos. In the first
she played a sexy school girl. In Toxic she plays a
raunchy air hostess who is really a succubus. The
song is horrible but I do enjoy the video.

Andrew Swallow

Raven Woman

Apr 6, 2004, 8:37:41 PM4/6/04
> Gack! No! Women don't have bad gas - at least not in the pre-Civil War
> South. "The vapors" was a generic sort of non-medical catch-all term for
> fainting spells. An overtight corset would _certainly_ bring on the
vapors.

A study of school children in a London grammar school in Victorian times
revealed that less than half the females could raise their arms above their
head. The researcher attributed it to . . . corsets. Among other things.

Jenn

Raven Woman

Apr 6, 2004, 8:39:34 PM4/6/04
> Short shallow breaths my dear. And none of that vulgar physical
> activity, that's what servants are for.
>
> Hank

LOL! But remember in the Little House books--I think "By the Shores of
Silver Lake"--where Laura gets her first corsets? She gripes how miserable
they are . . . she has to do heavy farm work in them. And she writes as if
corsets were pretty universal.

Jenn
Jenn

Raven Woman

Apr 6, 2004, 8:42:18 PM4/6/04
> Personally I've never been that interested in them for their own
> sake, but playing with them seems to have certain effects on the
> rest of the the body they are attached to that I find quite
> rewarding.
>
> Hank

Whoo-wee, Hank! Maybe this conversation needs to move over to
alt.sex.stories or something. Now *I'm* getting the vapors. Between
Aisling's sexy toes and your tittie-play, I dunno if I can stand it.

*grin*

Jenn

Iva

Apr 6, 2004, 8:42:20 PM4/6/04
Aisling Willow Grey wrote:

Rob Perkins wrote:
> > Um... Correct me if my _Gone with the Wind_-deficient self is
wrong,
> > but isn't "the vapors" nothing more than bad gas?<<
>
> Gack! No! Women don't have bad gas - at least not in the
pre-Civil War
> South. "The vapors" was a generic sort of non-medical
catch-all term for
> fainting spells. An overtight corset would _certainly_ bring
on the vapors.

> Also Rob, women don't sweat - horses sweat; men perspire; women
glow. Got
> it? <g>

Faintly. Horses sweat, men perspire, women glow *faintly*.

At least according to my North Carolina grandmother.

Guess it's my Yankee blood that makes me glow so brightly you
could read a book! <g>

-------
Iva

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 8:46:46 PM4/6/04

I have a friend who adopted a baby girl from China, and she posted a
photo of the toilets there. Just a hole in the floor. So it's not an
urban legend.

-Wendy

Wendy of NJ

Apr 6, 2004, 8:50:43 PM4/6/04

You need a "male corset" - I recommend "the Shatner" (I think that's
what the corset John Lithgow was wearing in one episode of "3rd Rock
From the Sun")

-Wendy

Raven Woman

Apr 6, 2004, 9:18:13 PM4/6/04
> You need a "male corset" - I recommend "the Shatner" (I think that's
> what the corset John Lithgow was wearing in one episode of "3rd Rock
> From the Sun")
>
> -Wendy

. . . . Which brings us to a lovely quotation by Jerry Clower (of blessed
memory). When he gets home, he says, he "takes off his girdle and lets his
belly waller around".

Jenn

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 9:54:41 PM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
Aisling Willow Grey rolled initiative and posted the following:

Makes sense to me. Lyceums were lively, vivacious places. Museums
are pretty old and dull.

--
Derek

If you're not a part of the solution, there's good money to be
made prolonging the problem.

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 9:56:00 PM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
Raven Woman rolled initiative and posted the following:

In Victorian times, it's also likely to have been the restricive
coats and dresses. Prim and proper clothes that fit tightly also
restrict the ability to raise one's arms.

Derek

Apr 6, 2004, 9:57:20 PM4/6/04
While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
Wendy of NJ rolled initiative and posted the following:

Saw 'em in Russia myself. Never used a public toilet in 3 months.
I always made my way to McDonalds.

Brian Hulett

Apr 6, 2004, 11:22:56 PM4/6/04
> >"They're
> >actually just modified sweat glands inside two fat deposits. Kinda takes
> >some of the romance out of it, doesn't it?"
>
> Nope, sorry, for some reason it doesn't.
>
> Rob :-)

Ah, you guys are *so* unscientific. ;-}

--
---Brian Hulett
If you want to be more of a servant, you must be willing to be treated like
one.

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to
give his life a ransom for many." -- Mark 10:45

Radio Free Hulett, featuring an indescribable mix of the greatest music of
the past 80 years: http://tinyurl.com/2ofut

Recently played: ZZ Top "Party On the Patio," Dire Straits "Sultans of
Swing," Avalon "(Lord, I Can) Take You At Your Word," Al Green "Too Many,"
Newsboys "Take My Hands (Praises)," Boney James "RPM."

Alpe97

Apr 7, 2004, 12:27:39 AM4/7/04
In article <_tKcc.29212$vo5.9...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Brian
Hulett" <edi...@thewinningdrive.com> writes:

>Ah, you guys are *so* unscientific. ;-}

Jane Fonda recently gave some advice, per a newpaper -
"Girls, use head to avoid pregnancy" (on Leno)

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 7, 2004, 12:33:52 AM4/7/04
>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:34:50 -0400, Raven Woman wrote
(in message <c4vib6$13n0$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):

A friend of mine lived in Japan for four months last year. Yes, the toilets
do have music, and some even have a button you can press to make the sound of
water being flushed. This is because they are a _very_ private people, and
it was found that a lot of water was being wasted by people doing "cover
flushes." So, the installation of the sound effects in many urban toilets
has relieved the wasting of water, to a large degree.

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 7, 2004, 12:35:26 AM4/7/04
>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:37:41 -0400, Raven Woman wrote
(in message <c4vig6$10m6$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):

Wow, so I have something in common with Victorian grammar school children! I
can't raise my arms above shoulder height, at most. It might be fun to
pretend it's corset-related rather than accident-related. I'm going to have
to remember this factoid and pull it out at some appropriate time. Thanks,
Jenn.

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 7, 2004, 12:36:19 AM4/7/04
>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:42:18 -0400, Raven Woman wrote
(in message <c4vip4$fvm$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):

It is getting hot in here, or is it me?

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 7, 2004, 12:40:15 AM4/7/04
(in message <Xns94C3D4AC...@130.133.1.4>):

> While intrepidly exploring rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated,
> Aisling Willow Grey rolled initiative and posted the following:
>

>> That sort of reminds me of a comment an old boss used to make
>> from time to time. He was referring to a certain type of woman
>> he'd often see at events in New York - a woman who had a
>> personal trainer, and went to great expense to keep her body in
>> terrific shape, even if she was well advanced in years and
>> couldn't do nearly the same for her face. So, he'd see a woman
>> like that, and think "WOW!" until she turned around. He'd
>> always say "she was a lyceum in the back, but a museum in the
>> front." It doesn't even make much sense, but it always made me
>> laugh.
>
> Makes sense to me. Lyceums were lively, vivacious places. Museums
> are pretty old and dull.<<

Ah. I see, now. I had been thinking of them in the sense of a school, a
place of learning. Didn't matter, anyway - anything this man told was
hilarious. We used to joke that we could never go to a funeral together,
because we made each other laugh so easily.

Kathryn Huxtable

Apr 7, 2004, 2:47:35 AM4/7/04
Aisling Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> writes:
>>>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:42:18 -0400, Raven Woman wrote
> (in message <c4vip4$fvm$1...@f04n12.cac.psu.edu>):
>
>>> Personally I've never been that interested in them for their own
>>> sake, but playing with them seems to have certain effects on the
>>> rest of the the body they are attached to that I find quite
>>> rewarding.
>>>
>>> Hank
>>
>> Whoo-wee, Hank! Maybe this conversation needs to move over to
>> alt.sex.stories or something. Now *I'm* getting the vapors. Between
>> Aisling's sexy toes and your tittie-play, I dunno if I can stand it.
>>
>> *grin*<<
>
> It is getting hot in here, or is it me?

You wouldn't *believe* the comments made by Jay, Cheryl, and I tonight
as we skimmed this thread together whilst watching Alton Brown.

-K, who only exaggerates a little.

Grandpa Garibaldi

Apr 7, 2004, 9:36:34 AM4/7/04
Wendy of NJ <voxw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<dnj670tn2cr5og4hc...@4ax.com>...

> You need a "male corset" - I recommend "the Shatner" (I think that's
> what the corset John Lithgow was wearing in one episode of "3rd Rock
> From the Sun")
>
> -Wendy

ROFLOL! A Shatner!!! I love it!

Grandpa

Mario Riccobon
ml...@columbia.edu

A baby deer is a fawn for a year. - Hambone

Aisling Willow Grey

Apr 7, 2004, 10:11:24 AM4/7/04
>>On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 2:47:35 -0400, Kathryn Huxtable wrote
(in message <u0zwgu...@kathrynhuxtable.org>):

Awww, you guy should have been posting!

So how was dinner?

Aisling

Barbara Krueger

Apr 7, 2004, 10:21:25 AM4/7/04
Kathryn Huxtable <kat...@kathrynhuxtable.org> wrote in message news:<u0zwgu...@kathrynhuxtable.org>...

You can tell it's Spring. >:D

LK

Apr 7, 2004, 11:09:11 AM4/7/04
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:06:24 +0000 (UTC), Kathryn Huxtable
<kat...@kathrynhuxtable.org> wrote:

>LK <fountai...@yahoo.com> writes:

>> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 02:34:11 +0000 (UTC), Aisling Willow Grey
>> <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
>>>Oh yeah, corsets are murder. But oh-so-flattering, especially upstairs.
>>

>> I guess as part of bedroom attire upstairs could be fun.
>>

>> There is just something about a slight wiggle of breast that does
>> something to men that I still don't get.
>
>Um...not just men...
>
>-K, who isn't as visually oriented as most men she knows, but it
> doesn't hurt...

Really?! I guess that says something about me.

LK

It is loading more messages.