JMS on CompuServe (May 21, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbar...@speedlink.com

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

upcoming Babylon 5 episodes.

Continue at your own risk.

PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.

ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
- or -
http://www.johndelenn.com/
###### Support Babylon 5! ######
## To get a fifth season of this ##
# ### wonderful epic, we need to # ###
. ## let local stations and Warner . ##
## ## Brothers know we want it! ## ##
##### www.babylon5.com/cmp/support #####

Sb: #670475-production schedule?
Sb: #670545-<Moments> question
Sb: #670705-#How will this play out
Sb: #670776-production schedule?
Sb: #670789-How will this play out

episode of B5. ]

#: 670513 S5/Babylon 5: General
20-May-97 12:29:12
Sb: #670475-production schedule?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Oh, heck, we can get a LOT more subversive than that...and we intend to.

jms

one. Also asks how JMS came up with the name "Bester." ]

#: 670564 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
20-May-97 16:10:29
Sb: #670545-<Moments> question
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Yeah, some of the new council would've been on the old one.

And Bester was named for a well-known SF writer, now gone.

jms

#: 670744 S5/Babylon 5: General
21-May-97 10:57:36
Sb: #670705-#How will this play out
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

It's an easy answer.

The final 4 would get aired in October. If there's no season 5, then
the fourth one aired is 422, "Sleeping in Light."

If there is a season 5, 422 is yanked out of the mix and moved down to
occupy 522's slot, and we shoot 501 and get it done in time to air in place of
422 in October.

jms

#: 670776 S5/Babylon 5: General
21-May-97 15:00:42
Sb: #670513-#production schedule?
Fm: BILL HIRST

>> Oh, heck, we can get a LOT more subversive than that...and we intend
to. <<

It's a good thing you're working for our side and not.... uh, ARE you working
for our side?

-Bill

#: 670786 S5/Babylon 5: General
21-May-97 15:52:33
Sb: #670776-production schedule?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Maybe...maybe not....

jms

#: 670789 S5/Babylon 5: General
21-May-97 16:18:43
Sb: #670744-#How will this play out
Fm: BURHAAN AHMAD

>> If there is a season 5, 422 is yanked out of the mix and moved down to
occupy 522's slot, and we shoot 501 and get it done in time to air in place of
422 in October. <<

So the final ep will still make sense in the flow of the story, regardless of
whether all the events of season 5 transpire before it or not?

I think this is what is confusing people--at least me.

#: 670806 S5/Babylon 5: General
21-May-97 17:13:46
Sb: #670789-How will this play out
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

There's no need for confusion. Season 4, as you know, takes place in
2261. Season 5 would take place in 2262.

422, or 522, depending on the breaks, takes place in 2281. So it plays
just fine either way.

jms

[END]

Jay Denebeim

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

In article <19970522042732437.AAA189@BBARRETT>,

<bbar...@speedlink.com> wrote:
> The final 4 would get aired in October. If there's no season 5, then
>the fourth one aired is 422, "Sleeping in Light."
>
> If there is a season 5, 422 is yanked out of the mix and moved down to
>occupy 522's slot, and we shoot 501 and get it done in time to air in place of
>422 in October.

Joe,

Several people have been confused about this. There will be 22
episodes produced in season 5, correct? I'm talking about episodes
501-522.

There's some confusion with air order vs shooting order here. I
think what you're saying is the 22nd new episode in season 5 will be
422. The 21st new episode in season 5 would be 522. And so on,
right?

Jay

--
* Jay Denebeim, Moderator, rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: b5...@deepthot.cary.nc.us *

Douglas L Friday

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Excerpts from mail: 23-May-97 Re: Attn JMS: 422/522 confu.. by Jay
Dene...@deepthot.ca

> > As far as I have always understood it, the possibilities would look
> > something like this:
> >
> > (If No Season 5)
> > 4th Season looks like:
> > 401, 402, 403, ... 419, 420, 421, 422
> >
> > (If Season 5)
> > 4th Season looks like:
> > 401, 402, 403, ... 419, 420, 421, 501
> > 5th Season looks like:
> > 502, 503, 504, ... 519, 520, 521, 422

[realizing that the way I showed it, season 5 has 21 eps, not 22...]

5th season looks like:
502, 503, 504, ... 520, 521, 522, 422

with 422 as the series finale.

Sorry, Make any more sense now? ;)

Doug

-=[ Doug ]=- -=[ http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/vogon/ ]=-
"ROAD CLOSED" means ROAD CLOSED, you moron!
(Don't Ask; you don't want to know)

Douglas L Friday

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated: 22-May-97 Attn
JMS: 422/522 confusion by Jay Dene...@deepthot.ca
> In article <19970522042732437.AAA189@BBARRETT>,
> <bbar...@speedlink.com> wrote:
> > The final 4 would get aired in October. If there's no season 5, then
> >the fourth one aired is 422, "Sleeping in Light."
> >
> > If there is a season 5, 422 is yanked out of the mix and moved
down to
> >occupy 522's slot, and we shoot 501 and get it done in time to air in
place of
> >422 in October.
>
> Joe,
>
> Several people have been confused about this. There will be 22
> episodes produced in season 5, correct? I'm talking about episodes
> 501-522.
>
> There's some confusion with air order vs shooting order here. I
> think what you're saying is the 22nd new episode in season 5 will be
> 422. The 21st new episode in season 5 would be 522. And so on,
> right?
>
> Jay

As far as I have always understood it, the possibilities would look
something like this:

(If No Season 5)
4th Season looks like:
401, 402, 403, ... 419, 420, 421, 422

(If Season 5)
4th Season looks like:
401, 402, 403, ... 419, 420, 421, 501
5th Season looks like:
502, 503, 504, ... 519, 520, 521, 422

422 is already shot, but if there were to be a season 5, as a result of
teh final four of season 4 being held over until October and decision on
a 5th season coming no later than mid-June, there would be adequate time
to write and shoot 501 before 422 was originally slated to air (in the
no season 5 contingency).

Each season would have 22 eps in it, regardless of season 5's status.

The intro and music for 422 and 501 in the case of a 5th season would
most likely be changed for continutities' sake.

Hope this clears things up.../Make Sense?

David Frankel

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

dene...@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) wrote:
>In article <19970522042732437.AAA189@BBARRETT>,
> <bbar...@speedlink.com> wrote:
>> The final 4 would get aired in October. If there's no season 5, then
>>the fourth one aired is 422, "Sleeping in Light."
>>
>> If there is a season 5, 422 is yanked out of the mix and moved down to
>>occupy 522's slot, and we shoot 501 and get it done in time to air in place of
>>422 in October.
>
>Joe,
>
> Several people have been confused about this. There will be 22
>episodes produced in season 5, correct? I'm talking about episodes
>501-522.
>
> There's some confusion with air order vs shooting order here. I
>think what you're saying is the 22nd new episode in season 5 will be
>422. The 21st new episode in season 5 would be 522. And so on,
>right?
>
>Jay

(When there is a season 5)
The way I understand it:

Season 4: 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412,
413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 501 (22 ep)

Season 5: 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513,
514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 422 (22 ep)

<phew>

David "knows he doesn't know it all, but thinks he knows this" Frankel

Woogazoid

May 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/25/97

*sigh*

Look at it this way:

Season 4: 401-421 + 501 if renewed

Season 5: 502-522 + 422

If cancelled, replace 501 with 422.

Woogie

The Woogazoid
Homepage: members.aol.com/Woogazoid/woogie.htm
Every Houston sports team: /Astros.htm /hotshots.htm /rockets.htm /comets.htm
World Cup Soccer '98:/worldcup.htm TV: /tv.htm Music:/music.htm

Paul Lozito

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

On 25 May 1997 12:51:41 -0400,
Woogazoid penned the following missive:

>*sigh*
>
>Look at it this way:
>
>Season 4: 401-421 + 501 if renewed
>
>Season 5: 502-522 + 422
>
>If cancelled, replace 501 with 422.

At this point even my dog understands this.<g>
Maybe we need a new ng:. RASTB5M.Sigh

--
* Paul Lozito
* plo...@mindspring.com

Neal Klein

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

Paul Lozito wrote:

> At this point even my dog understands this.<g>
> Maybe we need a new ng:. RASTB5M.Sigh

It reminds me of Monty Python episodes where a line keeps getting
repeated by everybody, and then gets stopped by Graham Chapman's Army
General character. "If anybody else says this line, I will come down on
them like a ton of bricks." And then some poor fool oblivious of the
hubbub that preceded him/her says the line. Then, everybody jumps on
that person.

In one episode, it was, "It's a man's life ..." In another, it was,
"This is my only line." In another, it was, "You're no fun anymore."
Finally, Carol Cleveland once got raspberried when she said, "We'd like
to buy some mattresses, please."

The next person who asks the 422/522 question is going to get pounced on
in the same fashion as the poor fool in the Python sketches. That's what
you get for coming into the conversation in the middle.
--
----------------------------------
Neal Klein

"Prince of Darkness? What country is *HE* from?"

Scott Baker

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Woogazoid wrote:

> *sigh*
>
> Look at it this way:
>
> Season 4: 401-421 + 501 if renewed
>
> Season 5: 502-522 + 422
>
> If cancelled, replace 501 with 422.
>
> Woogie
>
> The Woogazoid
> Homepage: members.aol.com/Woogazoid/woogie.htm
> Every Houston sports team: /Astros.htm /hotshots.htm /rockets.htm /comets.htm
> World Cup Soccer '98:/worldcup.htm TV: /tv.htm Music:/music.htm

Ok, so question. When does Sleeping in Light take place? After the
flash forward in WWEII?

--Scott

Ray Martinez

May 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/28/97

Scott Baker <ba...@ohcu.org> wrote:
>Woogazoid wrote:
>>
>> *sigh*
>>
>> Look at it this way:
>>
>> Season 4: 401-421 + 501 if renewed
>>
>Ok, so question. When does Sleeping in Light take place? After the
>flash forward in WWEII?

Spoiler space for SiL

SiL apparently takes place at the same time and *includes* that
scene.

-Ray

Ron Hunsinger

May 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/28/97

[The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

> The next person who asks the 422/522 question is going to get pounced on
> in the same fashion as the poor fool in the Python sketches. That's what
> you get for coming into the conversation in the middle.

Oh boy, this sounds like fun. I've got a squad of armed guards with orders
to throw stones (all singing "No Hiding Place") at any reptilian-seeming
characters carrying bats that come anywhere near. I've donned my
flame-resistant asbestos underwear. I've found a large rock that does have
a hiding place underneath.

So, here goes:

The 422/522 question?

There, I've asked it. Now what?

(For next week, I suggest we pounce on anybody who shoves beans up their nose.)

-Ron Hunsinger

Kay Shapero

May 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/28/97

On <May 27 15:59>, Scott Baker <ba...@ohcu.org> wrote;

SB>Woogazoid wrote:
>
> *sigh*
>
> Look at it this way:
>
> Season 4: 401-421 + 501 if renewed
>

> Season 5: 502-522 + 422
>
> If cancelled, replace 501 with 422.
>
> Woogie
>
> The Woogazoid
> Homepage: members.aol.com/Woogazoid/woogie.htm
> Every Houston sports team: /Astros.htm /hotshots.htm /rockets.htm
/comets.htm
> World Cup Soccer '98:/worldcup.htm TV: /tv.htm Music:/music.htm

SB>Ok, so question. When does Sleeping in Light take place? After
SB>the flash forward in WWEII?

Yes. [ Summary: Asks for clarification on season 4/5 scheduling. ]

#: 670744 S5/Babylon 5: General
21-May-97 10:57:36
Sb: #670705-#How will this play out
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

It's an easy answer.

The final 4 would get aired in October. If there's no season 5,
then the fourth one aired is 422, "Sleeping in Light."

If there is a season 5, 422 is yanked out of the mix and moved down
to occupy 522's slot, and we shoot 501 and get it done in time to air in
place of 422 in October.

jms

Ray Martinez

May 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/29/97

AARGH!!!! Maybe this should go into the FAQ so the poor guy
doesn't have to answer this same question forty times a day!

-Ray