Original Med-Lab equipment in Buffy?

Chris Schumacher

Jan 25, 2002, 9:53:31 PM1/25/02
I was just watching my new DVDs of the first season of Buffy, and I
found something interesting in "I, Robot, You Jane". In the lab where
the demon's body is being created, there is a piece of equipment which
I am certain came from Doctor Kyle's medlab, it's the one that had the
polished-black grips on it with the flickering pulse that goes through
the shafts (it's one of the pieces that 'Lyta' sabotages).
You can see it when Buffy and Xander break into the lab.

Is this piece of equipment even older than Babylon 5? Was it used
somehwere else?

-==Kensu==-

John C. Anderson

Jan 26, 2002, 12:24:02 AM1/26/02
<< Is this piece of equipment even older than Babylon 5? Was it used
somehwere else?

-==Kensu==-

Lots of background "high tech" props get reused in many scifi shows. Go into
any Spencer's Gifts and you can find several of them :)

-------
"All things must pass away."

George Harrison
1943-2001

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 26, 2002, 2:14:13 AM1/26/02
On 26 Jan 2002, John C. Anderson wrote:

> Lots of background "high tech" props get reused in many scifi shows. Go into
> any Spencer's Gifts and you can find several of them :)

Being a hobbyist, I'm constantly seeing bits of equipstuff in shows that I
recognize. The Doctor's camera in Voyager was a mid-90s vintage Futaba
Attack 4-channel radio control unit, turned on its side, the sticks
removed and replaced with future-camera-stuff. More recently I recall
seeing the charger unit for an "E-Charger" toy plane, studded with LEDs,
painted up to look better, and used as some kind of scanner gadget. I
think it was on Andromeda.

And stuff does get re-used. Fans should recognize the spacesuits from
"Babylon Squared" and "War Without End", because they played a prominent
role in a 1969 space movie called "2001".

Daniel O. Miller

Here in my car,
The image breaks down,
Will you visit me please,
If I open my door,
In cars...

Chris Adams

Jan 26, 2002, 2:28:12 AM1/26/02
Once upon a time, Daniel Olin Miller <dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> said:
>And stuff does get re-used. Fans should recognize the spacesuits from
>"Babylon Squared" and "War Without End", because they played a prominent
>role in a 1969 space movie called "2001".

Suits like them did, but not those suits. Those suits were from the
"sequel" "2010" made in 1984, and they were never actually worn in the
movie.
--
Chris Adams <cma...@hiwaay.net>