New B5 tv series or movie a possibility again?

Amy Guskin

Nov 30, 2010, 10:04:08 AM11/30/10
I don't know how Jan missed posting this here, but:

http://tinyurl.com/3x88pmh

The long and the short of it is that someone posted on Joe's Facebook page
that they missed B5, some discussion ensued, the person then asked Joe if
there was any progress on the idea of a B5 movie or new tv series...and Joe
replied:

"Ask me again after next April."

Amy

Joseph DeMartino

Nov 30, 2010, 10:14:55 AM11/30/10
On Nov 30, 10:04 am, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

> "Ask me again after next April."

Well, I guess that's better than "Reply hazy, ask again later", but
not by much. Still the Vorlon, I see.

Later,

Joe

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

Nov 30, 2010, 12:23:26 PM11/30/10
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:04:08 -0500, Amy Guskin wrote:

> "Ask me again after next April."

Maybe that just came from Magic 8 Ball 1.1.

Memory of Shadows was further along than "ask me in five months," so I
won't be holding my breath. :-)

--
Hammer

Joseph DeMartino

Nov 30, 2010, 12:46:01 PM11/30/10
On Nov 30, 12:23 pm, "Lance Corporal \"Hammer\" Schultz"
<starf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Memory of Shadows was further along than "ask me in five months," so I
> won't be holding my breath. :-)

Not by that much, though. "MoS" had a script, and very little else.

It was also was pre-"Changeling", pre-million dollar script deals,
pre-"Lensmen", pre-"Forbidden Planet",pre- Ron Howard, Clint Eastwood
and James Cameron being fans and possible collaborators of JMS. "MoS"
was a long-shot indy production being cobbled together by a couple of
first time producers who never did raise all the money they needed.
If anybody's looking at a feature film now it is most likely Warner
Bros. itself, and they could find 40 or 50 million to bankroll a "B5"
feature by looking under the couch cushions. I'm not putting the
champagne on ice or anything, but I am looking forward to what the
spring may bring.

Regards,

Joe

Doug Freyburger

Nov 30, 2010, 4:40:41 PM11/30/10
Joseph DeMartino wrote:

> I'm not putting the
> champagne on ice or anything, but I am looking forward to what the
> spring may bring.

Heck, at this point reruns on SkifFi would justify chilling champagne.
They have Jericho reruns in their rotation these days. I really liked
Jericho but Babylon 5 it is not.

> pre-"Lensmen", pre-"Forbidden Planet"

As much as I'm a B5 fan at heart I'd rather see these before new B5
material. I was a Forbidden Planet fan before I could read and a
Lensmen fan while ST-TOS was still in first runs and Apollo was still
launching moon shots.

Patty Winter

Nov 30, 2010, 5:02:33 PM11/30/10

In article <id3r0p$b1h$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Doug Freyburger <dfre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Joseph DeMartino wrote:
>>
>> I'm not putting the
>> champagne on ice or anything, but I am looking forward to what the
>> spring may bring.
>
>Heck, at this point reruns on SkifFi would justify chilling champagne.

BTW, maybe this has already been reported here and I've simply forgotten
about it, but someone mentioned on another group the other day that
"Jeremiah" is now available on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/jeremiah

Oh, it probably was already mentioned here; I see that the discussions
about it on Hulu began four months ago. So consider this a reminder,
not an announcement. :-)

Patty

Jay E. Morris

Nov 30, 2010, 7:55:03 PM11/30/10
A few months ago I was home sick for four days. Day time TV being what
it is, I fired up Hulu, saw Jeremiah listed and polished it off. I will
say I was sound of body at the end but I'm not sure about mind. Not
Jeremiah's fault but four solid days of one series, 10 hours a day....

Amy Guskin

Nov 30, 2010, 9:12:06 PM11/30/10
>> On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:55:03 -0500, Jay E. Morris wrote
(in article <id46d9$63q$1...@news.eternal-september.org>):

They have season 2, too? And it's with full dirty words and nudity (i.e. the
Showtime version)?

Amy, fan of dirty words and nudity
--
Ten Thousand Questions
A Question a Day for Journaling, Self-Discovery, and Transformation

Jay E. Morris

Nov 30, 2010, 9:22:05 PM11/30/10

Two seasons, 35 episodes. Not the Showtime version alas.

Brian O'Neill

Nov 30, 2010, 9:52:29 PM11/30/10

I'm thinking that his plate is pretty much over-full until at least
April, so he wouldn't even be able to THINK about it until then...

I can't see it being a reboot though like the article speculates.

-Brian

Amy Guskin

Nov 30, 2010, 9:54:59 PM11/30/10
>> On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:22:05 -0500, Jay E. Morris wrote
(in article <id4bge$j0e$1...@news.eternal-september.org>):

Thanks much.

Amy

Andrew Swallow

Nov 30, 2010, 4:33:52 PM11/30/10
Add in JMS has stopped writing the monthly versions of Superman and
Wonder Woman comics for 1 to 5 years this suggests that something is
definitely up.

Babylon 5 is only one of the possibilities.

Andrew Swallow

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

Nov 30, 2010, 10:07:25 PM11/30/10
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:52:29 -0500, Brian O'Neill wrote:

> I can't see it being a reboot though like the article speculates.

Given JMS's love for the universe he's written about, the notion of
him writing a reboot seems awfully far fetched, I agree.

--
Hammer

Jan

Nov 30, 2010, 10:25:27 PM11/30/10
In article <0001HW.C91B2333...@news.eternal-september.org>, Amy
Guskin says...

Don't forget, there's the bare-bones DVD-R version of the second season on
Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Jeremiah-Season-Two-Luke-Perry/dp/B002Y26UR4/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1291173767&sr=1-1

I don't think it's the tame version.

Jan

--
"[We have] no religion save for the sanctity of life; no law but one: be kind to
one another."

-Twilight Zone "The Wall"
J. Michael Straczynski

Jay E. Morris

Nov 30, 2010, 10:53:26 PM11/30/10
It wouldn't be bad as long as he kept the green alien women.

Oops, sorry, wrong universe.

Duggy

Dec 1, 2010, 4:40:41 AM12/1/10
On Dec 1, 12:12 pm, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
> >> On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:55:03 -0500, Jay E. Morris wrote
> They have season 2, too?  And it's with full dirty words and nudity (i.e. the
> Showtime version)?
>
> Amy, fan of dirty words and nudity

I, personally, find dirty words and nudity distasteful in all forms,
however, I will only ever watch the version of anything but the dirty
words and nudity version because I respect the creator's vision. In
fact, if a film doesn't have dirty words and nudity I try to edit
dirty words and nudity in. Out of respect for the creator's vision.

===
= DUG.
===

Captain Infinity

Dec 1, 2010, 4:47:21 AM12/1/10
When asked for clarification about his recent inscrutable comment on the
re-emergence of a Babylon 5 TV series or possibly a movie, JMS answered
"Ask me again after I've had my coffee."

Since he has coffee around 8:00 AM, we can expect to begin seeing new
episodes shortly after lunchtime, right? OH BOY!!

**
ytinifnI niatpaC
________
:snoitseuq drah tuoba si wohs ehT [_____ | emit-2
?uoy era ohW ___ | | oguH
?tnaw uoy od tahW / _]|__| revirD
?stnap ym era erehW N O /L /Y B_ A B -tseB-
.srewsna ysae on sah efil esuaceB | \__/ ) elibomotuA
emim teerts ,ikzsniprakS .J leahciM- \______/ noitatsriaper
TNT no OEDIVOEDIV

Amy Guskin

Dec 1, 2010, 8:11:07 AM12/1/10
>> On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:25:27 -0500, Jan wrote
(in article <id4f7...@drn.newsguy.com>):

Hrm, yeah, forgot about that one. Did we ever determine if anyone bought it
and it successfully played? That's a lot for a bare bones DVD-R... I'll
have to see which episode recordings I still have... (part of my massive
library conversion/storage project).

Joseph DeMartino

Dec 1, 2010, 9:08:08 AM12/1/10
On Nov 30, 9:52 pm, Brian O'Neill <oneill3SPAMBL...@oinc.net> wrote:

> I can't see it being a reboot though like the article speculates.

I agree. I can't see him putting himself through that experience a
second time, and I also can't see him turning the project over to
others to do under his supervision. And those are about the only two
options for redoing "B5". OTOH I *could* see him rebooting "Crusade"
if someone were interested, but I don't think he's talking spin-off
here.

Regards,

Joe

j...@xmission.com

Dec 1, 2010, 9:38:24 AM12/1/10

I have season 2, and it plays quite nicely. Just now I went skipping
through a couple of episodes to see if I could find any evidence of
censoring. I found one incident of "you asshole!" so I think it is the
uncensored version. I don't recall a specific episode where I could
check on the nudity and don't have time to watch them all now looking
for it, but if someone could tell me where to check I will do so and
report.

Amy Guskin

Dec 1, 2010, 1:19:44 PM12/1/10
>> On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:38:24 -0500, j...@xmission.com wrote
(in article <id5ml2$jsj$1...@news.xmission.com>):

Thanks much.

Dave Hayslett

Dec 1, 2010, 2:14:38 PM12/1/10
Jay E. Morris wrote:

Just to bring another wrong universe into things, "Princess Leia in the gold
bikini" ain't got nuthin' on "Vina the green Orion slave girl".

--
Dave

Semper Gumby - always flexible.

Duggy

Dec 1, 2010, 9:34:08 PM12/1/10
On Dec 2, 12:08 am, Joseph DeMartino <jdema...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I agree.  I can't see him putting himself through that experience a
> second time, and I also can't see him turning the project over to
> others to do under his supervision.  And those are about the only two
> options for redoing "B5".  OTOH I *could* see him rebooting "Crusade"
> if someone were interested, but I don't think he's talking spin-off
> here.

Wasn't LotR (and possibly tMoS) Crusade reboots?

===
= DUG.
===

Joseph DeMartino

Dec 1, 2010, 9:58:02 PM12/1/10
On Dec 1, 9:34 pm, Duggy <p.allan.dug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wasn't LotR (and possibly tMoS) Crusade reboots?

No, and no.

"Legend of the Rangers" took place before the Drakh attack on Earth,
If it had gone to series JMS had a number of options.

Good enough ratings could have led to a continuation of "Crusade" with
some or all of the original cast. Or a reboot with new actors.
("Rangers" would have reached the time of "Racing with the Night"
around season 3.) If Sci Fi wasn't interested in two series in the
"B5" universe JMS could have used "Rangers" to resolve *some* of the
plot lines left over from "Crusade", but it would not have been
anything like a reboot.

"The Memory of Shadows" script was set after the Earth quarantine was
lifted, as I recall. Neither had anything to do with the "Crusade"
storyline. (Although "MoS" may have included a character or two from
"Crusade" or "LotR" or both. Been awhile since the whole "MoS" thing,
and the details grow hazy.)

Regards,

Joe

Duggy

Dec 2, 2010, 4:54:59 AM12/2/10
On Dec 2, 12:58 pm, Joseph DeMartino <jdema...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 9:34 pm, Duggy <p.allan.dug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wasn't LotR (and possibly tMoS) Crusade reboots?
>
> No, and no.

> "Legend of the Rangers" took place before the Drakh attack on Earth,
> If it had gone to series JMS had a number of options.

You seem to be assuming that Crusade was about the plague.

> Good enough ratings could have led to a continuation of "Crusade" with
> some or all of the original cast.  Or a reboot with new actors.
> ("Rangers" would have reached the time of "Racing with the Night"
> around season 3.)  If Sci Fi wasn't interested in two series in the
> "B5" universe JMS could have used "Rangers" to resolve *some* of the
> plot lines left over from "Crusade", but it would not have been
> anything like a reboot.

I was joking about the "reboot".

> "The Memory of Shadows" script was set after the Earth quarantine was
> lifted, as I recall.  Neither had anything to do with the "Crusade"
> storyline.  (Although "MoS" may have included a character or two from
> "Crusade" or "LotR" or both.  Been awhile since the whole "MoS" thing,
> and the details grow hazy.)

My point is both had to do with Shadow (or Hand) technology in the
wrong hands... much like Crusade.

===
= DUG.
===

Brandon Klassen

Dec 2, 2010, 4:15:01 AM12/2/10
> Did we ever determine if anyone bought it and it successfully played?

Having really liked Jeremiah ultimately won out over my dislike for
Amazon on-demand product.

I don't want to write an essay - there's so much one can say on this
subject and related subjects - but I work in the CD/DVD manufacturing
industry, and it's sad to see properties get shafted with low quality
products when instead, they could actually sell well and make fans
happy, if the studios were more willing to reach niche markets and get
out of the traditional retail distribution model.

I ordered it.

I waited *months*.

Amazon never shipped it and could never seem to get it together to
tell me what was going on with it.

Finally cancelled my order.

Vince M Hudd

Dec 2, 2010, 7:20:38 AM12/2/10
Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote:

> Don't forget, there's the bare-bones DVD-R version of the second season on
> Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Jeremiah-Season-Two-Luke-Perry/dp/B002Y26UR4/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1291173767&sr=1-1

> I don't think it's the tame version.

That's the main thing I was wondering, and the only thing holding me back
from ordering - so thanks to your comment, and that of jjs having had a
quick check, I've now ordered it.

I'd prefer a 'proper' release, but finally, I'll be able to watch Jeremiah
season 2.

And then a TV station this side of the puddle will decide they're going to
air it. :/

--
Vince M Hudd: http://misc.vinceh.com Soft Rock: http://www.softrock.co.uk

Amy Guskin

Dec 2, 2010, 8:08:02 AM12/2/10
O>> n Thu, 2 Dec 2010 04:15:01 -0500, Brandon Klassen wrote
(in article
<45f3691d-3a72-4b80...@k14g2000pre.googlegroups.com>):

Augh, that's terrible. Now I want to definitely find my home-recorded disks.

Amy

Jan

Dec 2, 2010, 8:35:13 AM12/2/10
In article <0001HW.C91D0462...@news.eternal-september.org>, Amy
Guskin says...

Keep in mind that it was available for preorder months before they ever
announced a release date (December to March, iirc). I think at first it wasn't
available outside of the USA, either.

Nicole Massey

Dec 2, 2010, 10:33:04 AM12/2/10
When I heard the mention of a possible word on this around April, the first
thought that came to mind was, "When is Pilot Season again?" I seem to
remember something dealing with them happens around that time.

Ex Gropo

Dec 2, 2010, 8:42:51 AM12/2/10
On Nov 30, 10:04 am, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
> I don't know how Jan missed posting this here, but:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3x88pmh
>
> The long and the short of it is that someone posted on Joe's Facebook page
> that they missed B5, some discussion ensued, the person then asked Joe if
> there was any progress on the idea of a B5 movie or new tv series...and Joe
> replied:

> "Ask me again after next April."

Who is April?

Amy Guskin

Dec 2, 2010, 4:48:32 PM12/2/10
(in article <gemini.lcsvm900...@softrock.co.uk>):

> Jan <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote:
>

>> Don't forget, there's the bare-bones DVD-R version of the second season on
>> Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Jeremiah-Season-Two-Luke-
Perry/dp/B002Y26UR4/ref=sr_1_1?
> s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1291173767&sr=1-1
>
>> I don't think it's the tame version.
>
> That's the main thing I was wondering, and the only thing holding me back
> from ordering - so thanks to your comment, and that of jjs having had a
> quick check, I've now ordered it.
>
> I'd prefer a 'proper' release, but finally, I'll be able to watch Jeremiah
> season 2.
>
> And then a TV station this side of the puddle will decide they're going to
> air it. :/ <<

Vince, I feel your pain. Don't ever follow me to a shampoo or any other
toiletry product, because they will very shortly stop making it.

Kurt Ullman

Dec 2, 2010, 5:29:11 PM12/2/10
In article
<69e7182f-47f4-4b65...@m20g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
Ex Gropo <b5ac...@gmail.com> wrote:

And what happened to the last one?

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke

Jan

Dec 2, 2010, 6:43:35 PM12/2/10
In article <0001HW.C91A7C98...@news.eternal-september.org>, Amy
Guskin says...

>I don't know how Jan missed posting this here, but:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/3x88pmh
>
>The long and the short of it is that someone posted on Joe's Facebook page
>that they missed B5, some discussion ensued, the person then asked Joe if
>there was any progress on the idea of a B5 movie or new tv series...and Joe
>replied:
>
>"Ask me again after next April."
>
>Amy

In my 'defense' :-), I first heard about WB calling JMS about something B5
related in October at the NY Comic-Con. Only JMS said it was "off the record"
so I didn't say anything, of course.

Naturally, other people either didn't honor (or didn't understand) that so it
started being talked about. Then in the last week or so, JMS has said a very
few, very vague things.

And you post didn't even show up on my newsreader until today, Amy.

The machines hate me this week...

Dan Dassow

Dec 2, 2010, 11:42:34 PM12/2/10
On Dec 2, 4:29 pm, Kurt Ullman <kurtull...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article
> <69e7182f-47f4-4b65-8793-354379392...@m20g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,

>  Ex Gropo <b5acol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 30, 10:04 am, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
> > > I don't know how Jan missed posting this here, but:
>
> > >http://tinyurl.com/3x88pmh
>
> > > The long and the short of it is that someone posted on Joe's Facebook page
> > > that they missed B5, some discussion ensued, the person then asked Joe if
> > > there was any progress on the idea of a B5 movie or new tv series...and Joe
> > > replied:
>
> > > "Ask me again after next April."
>
> > Who is April?
>
>    And what happened to the last one?

Well, the first 3 Aprils were sabotaged and destroyed, and the fourth
April disappeared mysteriously, and....

Dan Dassow

j...@xmission.com

Dec 3, 2010, 12:16:17 AM12/3/10

I ordered it, it arrived, it is not low quality. No problem.

Duggy

Dec 3, 2010, 4:31:06 AM12/3/10
On Dec 3, 2:42 pm, Dan Dassow <dan_das...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, the first 3 Aprils were sabotaged and destroyed, and the fourth
> April disappeared mysteriously, and....

For some reason that bit alway reminds me of Monty Python & The Holy
Grail "Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I
built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I
built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one.
That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth
one... stayed up!"

===
= DUG.
===

Kurt Ullman

Dec 3, 2010, 6:37:23 AM12/3/10
In article
<95d593d1-9b52-4012...@j29g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Dan Dassow <dan_d...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It is an honor playing straight man for a professional (grin).

Kathryn Huxtable

Dec 3, 2010, 10:58:50 AM12/3/10

Yeah, me too. But lots of things remind me of Monthy Python...

-K

Joseph DeMartino

Dec 3, 2010, 2:03:43 PM12/3/10
On Dec 2, 4:54 am, Duggy <p.allan.dug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You seem to be assuming that Crusade was about the plague.

Before "Crusade" even started shooting I pointed out, on this very
newsgroup, that the plague story couldn't possibly be the main plot
because a) we already knew the outcome and b) it couldn't be sustained
over five years. I predicted it would be gone and replaced with a
"real" plot by the 3rd season. JMS replied, "Or even sooner." So,
no, I don't make that assumption at all. I just don't think that
everything remotely connected with the Shadows counts as a "reboot" of
"Crusade."

> I was joking about the "reboot".

<sarcasm> Oh, yeah. That famous Duggy senses of humor. </scarcasm>

I totally got that from the way that nothing in your post remotely
suggested that you were kidding about anything.

> My point is both had to do with Shadow (or Hand) technology in the
> wrong hands... much like Crusade.

a) The Hand is not the same as the Shadows, and "Rangers" was not
about their left-over technology per se. b) No detaile synopsis of
"MoS" was ever released. What little information did leak out didn't
indicate any kind of extention or continuation of the "Crusade" story.

BTW, I thought you were joking about the whole thing.

Regards,

Joe

Brandon Klassen

Dec 3, 2010, 1:26:22 PM12/3/10
> I ordered it, it arrived, it is not low quality. No problem.

What I meant by "low quality" is, from the Amazon photo, there is no
"proper" packaging, just a generic MGM image, but I don't know if
that's just Amazon not having the photo.

If it's a DVD-R compared to a replicated DVD, that's also what I meant
by "low quality."

I didn't mean that the content on the disc would be low quality.

Even for a small run of discs (if they were to suppose, for example,
that they could sell 500 copies of set), it should actually be cheaper
to make a replicated disc than a burnt DVD-R with an inkjet or thermal
image on the disc surface.

Amy Guskin

Dec 3, 2010, 3:31:54 PM12/3/10
>> On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 04:31:06 -0500, Duggy wrote
(in article
<c7dc461c-94b9-4a29...@z26g2000prf.googlegroups.com>):

Me, too.

And Dan, that literally made me LOL. Don't know how I didn't see it coming a
mile away!

Chris Adams

Dec 3, 2010, 4:44:03 PM12/3/10
Once upon a time, Brandon Klassen <brandon...@gmail.com> said:
>Even for a small run of discs (if they were to suppose, for example,
>that they could sell 500 copies of set), it should actually be cheaper
>to make a replicated disc than a burnt DVD-R with an inkjet or thermal
>image on the disc surface.

I think the break-even point is a good bit higher than that. Plus, then
you have inventory to store while you wait to sell it.

My copy of Dr. Horrible from Amazon is a burned disc.
--
Chris Adams <cma...@hiwaay.net>

Duggy

Dec 3, 2010, 5:56:06 PM12/3/10
On Dec 4, 5:03 am, Joseph DeMartino <jdema...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Dec 2, 4:54 am, Duggy <p.allan.dug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was joking about the "reboot".
> <sarcasm> Oh, yeah.  That famous Duggy senses of humor.  </scarcasm>
> I totally got that from the way that nothing in your post remotely
> suggested that you were kidding about anything.

And yet...

> > My point is both had to do with Shadow (or Hand) technology in the
> > wrong hands... much like Crusade.

> a) The Hand is not the same as the Shadows,

Not exeedingly different. Garibaldi isn't Talia doesn't mean that
brainwashing plot of one didn't get transposed to the other.

> and "Rangers" was not about their left-over technology per se.

Did we see enough to know what it was about? We do know that they
were giving out technology, though.

>  b) No detaile synopsis of
> "MoS" was ever released.  What little information did leak out didn't
> indicate any kind of extention or continuation of the "Crusade" story.

Well, "the technology of the ancient Shadow race is being unleashed on
the galaxy by an unknown force" isn't much information and isn't very
detailed but it sounds Crusade like. Hell, even the name "The Memory
of Shadows" suggests it.

When you have a story inside you, it tries to find a way out. If you
can't tell it one way, you try another.

> BTW, I thought you were joking about the whole thing.

And yet... I did nothing in my post remotely suggesting that I was
kidding about anything.

===
= DUG.
===

j...@xmission.com

Dec 4, 2010, 12:06:45 AM12/4/10
On 12/3/2010 11:26 AM, Brandon Klassen wrote:
>> I ordered it, it arrived, it is not low quality. No problem.
>
> What I meant by "low quality" is, from the Amazon photo, there is no
> "proper" packaging, just a generic MGM image, but I don't know if
> that's just Amazon not having the photo.

No, the Amazon photo of the MGM lion image is accurate. But silly me, I
bought them for the stories. I would rather have the episodes and be
able to watch them than not have them and be proud that I stuck to my
standards and refused to buy a "low quality" product.

> If it's a DVD-R compared to a replicated DVD, that's also what I meant
> by "low quality."

see above.

David E. Powell

Dec 4, 2010, 12:22:11 AM12/4/10
JMS had a good read casting for Crusade. Daniel Dae Kim has done great
ever since.

Kathryn Huxtable

Dec 4, 2010, 1:34:59 PM12/4/10
On 2010-12-03 23:22:11 -0600, David E. Powell said:

> JMS had a good read casting for Crusade. Daniel Dae Kim has done great
> ever since.

Except for Gary Cole. He didn't suck, but someone else would probably
have been better.

-K

Stefan

Dec 4, 2010, 2:13:31 PM12/4/10
On 30 Nov., 16:04, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
> I don't know how Jan missed posting this here, but:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3x88pmh
>
> The long and the short of it is that someone posted on Joe's Facebook page
> that they missed B5, some discussion ensued, the person then asked Joe if
> there was any progress on the idea of a B5 movie or new tv series...and Joe
> replied:
>
> "Ask me again after next April."
>
> Amy

Merciful JMS didn't "Ask me again next April 1st".
Stefan, whose hope (for new B5 stuff) dies last.

--
10 years after:
JMS interview: "The fans have expressed considerable interest in

Elko T

Dec 4, 2010, 3:54:54 PM12/4/10

Strange. Usually my artistic opinions are similar to yours, but not in this
case. I think Gary Cole was the best actor in Crusade, followed closely by Peter
Woodward. (Though initially, until I got used, I half expected him to say "Mmm,
yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday" every time
he appeared on screen.)

--
No, no, you can't e-mail me with the nono.

Kathryn Huxtable

Dec 4, 2010, 4:26:39 PM12/4/10

Oddly, I hadn't yet seen "Office Space" when I watched Crusade, so that
wasn't an issue for me.

I did really like Peter Woodward, though. Also David Allen Brooks.

-K

Duggy

Dec 4, 2010, 4:49:39 PM12/4/10
On Dec 5, 6:54 am, Elko T <nono.black.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
>    Strange. Usually my artistic opinions are similar to yours, but not in this
> case. I think Gary Cole was the best actor in Crusade, followed closely by Peter
> Woodward. (Though initially, until I got used, I half expected him to say "Mmm,
> yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday" every time
> he appeared on screen.)

As above, I hadn't seen office space at that time, but I think I had
bad/inept characters stuck in my head Sherriff Buck and the annoying
Secret Service agent in In the Line of Fire. And a whole lot of
annoying characters like the SS agent. And now, retrospectively, VP
Bob Russell.

===
= DUG.
===

Amy Guskin

Dec 4, 2010, 8:15:40 PM12/4/10
(in article <idci98$m7n$1...@news.xmission.com>):

> On 12/3/2010 11:26 AM, Brandon Klassen wrote:
>>> I ordered it, it arrived, it is not low quality. No problem.
>>
>> What I meant by "low quality" is, from the Amazon photo, there is no
>> "proper" packaging, just a generic MGM image, but I don't know if
>> that's just Amazon not having the photo.
>
> No, the Amazon photo of the MGM lion image is accurate. But silly me, I
> bought them for the stories. I would rather have the episodes and be
> able to watch them than not have them and be proud that I stuck to my
> standards and refused to buy a "low quality" product. <<

Well, that's kind of harsh. I understand what Brandon means, and can't
disagree entirely. Sure, the stories are the most important things, but part
of the fun of having a huge DVD library is how cool they all look on the
shelf, and if they all looked like that generic MGM logo on box that
would make for a pretty ugly and boring DVD library.

Christina Wilson

Dec 4, 2010, 8:52:04 PM12/4/10
I liked Gary Cole too. Gideon was an "off-kilter" character, definitely
not your ordinary run of the mill Starfleet...oooops, Earth Force captain.

Christina

j...@xmission.com

Dec 7, 2010, 1:08:49 AM12/7/10
On 12/4/2010 6:15 PM, Amy Guskin wrote:
>>> On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 00:06:45 -0500, j...@xmission.com wrote
> (in article<idci98$m7n$1...@news.xmission.com>):

>>> What I meant by "low quality" is, from the Amazon photo, there is no
>>> "proper" packaging, just a generic MGM image, but I don't know if
>>> that's just Amazon not having the photo.
>>
>> No, the Amazon photo of the MGM lion image is accurate. But silly me, I
>> bought them for the stories. I would rather have the episodes and be
>> able to watch them than not have them and be proud that I stuck to my
>> standards and refused to buy a "low quality" product.<<
>
> Well, that's kind of harsh. I understand what Brandon means, and can't
> disagree entirely. Sure, the stories are the most important things, but part
> of the fun of having a huge DVD library is how cool they all look on the
> shelf, and if they all looked like that � generic MGM logo on box � that
> would make for a pretty ugly and boring DVD library.
>
> Amy

I don't think how they look on the shelf has any importance at all. I
keep them in a pattern cabinet.