Some TLT screenshots in wonderful 1080p HD.

Shabaz

Aug 12, 2007, 3:07:12 PM8/12/07
I know most of us have watched TLT by way of a Standard Definition
DVD. However, the episodes were done for full HD, and while a version
in that format was supposed to show up on the Xbox Live Video
Marketplace, last I heard they only got the SD version too.

However, looking at 3d lead Alec McClymont's website, he has a pretty
nice gallery up of all the shows he worked on. And he just put up a
whole load of TLT shots, and they're all in full 1920x1080 HD
resolution. I just got myself a wonderful background for my laptop,
much nicer than the odd selection of wallpapers that was put up on the
official website. :)

Note that he also has some screenshots of others show on there, like
BSG, that might be a bit spoilery.

http://www.alecm.com/gallery.htm

-Shabaz

Craig

Aug 16, 2007, 12:52:51 PM8/16/07
They are nice. Funny thing if you look at the docking bay shot and
enlarge it to full size you'll see something weird about Lochley and
Vintari as they are walking away from Sheridan. Don't want to give it
away, but I'm going to have to rewatch my disk to see if it is like
that there.

Matt Ion

Aug 16, 2007, 8:57:13 PM8/16/07
Craig wrote:
> They are nice. Funny thing if you look at the docking bay shot and
> enlarge it to full size you'll see something weird about Lochley and
> Vintari as they are walking away from Sheridan. Don't want to give it
> away, but I'm going to have to rewatch my disk to see if it is like
> that there.

Iiinteresting, didn't take long to notice it ;)

That BSG one (Galactica in its atmospheric dive-bomb) is just amazing...
still a candidate for the best sci-fi F/X sequence EVER, IMHO.

Shabaz

Aug 17, 2007, 1:40:38 AM8/17/07
On Aug 16, 6:52 pm, "Craig" <cbobc...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> They are nice. Funny thing if you look at the docking bay shot and
> enlarge it to full size you'll see something weird about Lochley and
> Vintari as they are walking away from Sheridan. Don't want to give it
> away, but I'm going to have to rewatch my disk to see if it is like
> that there.
> --

If you're talking about the way Lochley's and Vintari's legs seem to
sort of drop through the walkway in that screenshot, it doesn't look
nearly as odd on my DVD. I get the feeling the CG background was
finished for that shot, but the compositing not quite.

-Shabaz

Craig

Aug 17, 2007, 12:16:07 PM8/17/07
Yep that's it. I have not had a chance to rewatch the disk, but I think
I'll throw it in this weekend.

more Crusade

Aug 17, 2007, 7:41:01 PM8/17/07

Thanks for that I have a sweet desktop image now.

Wish I could cut a 1280 by 1024 image out some of those pics
retaining the high PQ images

Wendy of NJ

Aug 22, 2007, 3:05:30 PM8/22/07

Would someone please repost the link? The top message in this thread
seems to have vanished from my newsreader :(

Thanks,
Wendy

Amy Guskin

Aug 23, 2007, 8:26:28 AM8/23/07
>> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:05:30 -0400, Wendy of NJ wrote
(in article <u72pc317is1occr9s...@4ax.com>):

Something may be funky about that message -- it _never_ appeared as
retrievable in my news reader; it was always grayed out. Luckily, one of the
first replies backquoted the entire post (which normally makes me crazy!):

http://www.alecm.com/gallery.htm

Amy
--
"In my line of work you gotta keep repeating things over and over and over
again for the truth to sink in, to kinda catapult the propaganda." - George
W. Bush, May 24, 2005

Wendy of NJ

Aug 23, 2007, 9:32:46 AM8/23/07
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:26:28 GMT, Amy Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com>
wrote:

>> Would someone please repost the link? The top message in this thread
>> seems to have vanished from my newsreader :(<<
>
>Something may be funky about that message -- it _never_ appeared as
>retrievable in my news reader; it was always grayed out. Luckily, one of the
>first replies backquoted the entire post (which normally makes me crazy!):
>
>http://www.alecm.com/gallery.htm
>
>Amy

Thank you. They are lovely. All of them (well except for that one
bloody face from some horror movie...)
-Wendy

Dave Hayslett

Aug 24, 2007, 2:10:19 PM8/24/07
Amy Guskin wrote:

> retrievable in my news reader; it was always grayed out. Luckily, one of the
> first replies backquoted the entire post (which normally makes me crazy!):

Amy, Amy, Amy ... you were *already* crazy. :-P

(This is no time to say it was better when I couldn't post!)

--
Dave

Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance!

Amy Guskin

Aug 24, 2007, 5:28:39 PM8/24/07
(in article <8eKdnX9ovo-...@giganews.com>):

> Amy Guskin wrote:

>> retrievable in my news reader; it was always grayed out. Luckily, one of
>> the
>> first replies backquoted the entire post (which normally makes me crazy!):
>
> Amy, Amy, Amy ... you were *already* crazy. :-P
>
> (This is no time to say it was better when I couldn't post!) <<

Since you're still on hand moderation this time around, you're pushing it,
Hayslett! ;-)

Charlie Edmondson

Aug 24, 2007, 7:22:10 PM8/24/07
Amy Guskin wrote:
>>>On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:05:30 -0400, Wendy of NJ wrote
>
> (in article <u72pc317is1occr9s...@4ax.com>):

>>>If you're talking about the way Lochley's and Vintari's legs seem to
>>>sort of drop through the walkway in that screenshot, it doesn't look
>>>nearly as odd on my DVD. I get the feeling the CG background was
>>>finished for that shot, but the compositing not quite.
>>>
>>>-Shabaz
>>>

>>Would someone please repost the link? The top message in this thread
>>seems to have vanished from my newsreader :(<<
>

> Something may be funky about that message -- it _never_ appeared as
> retrievable in my news reader; it was always grayed out. Luckily, one of the
> first replies backquoted the entire post (which normally makes me crazy!):
>
> http://www.alecm.com/gallery.htm
>
> Amy
Hmmmm... I was looking at these, and saw the infamouse docking bay scene
had a capture. Noticed that there seems to be a scaling problem with
the live action as it fits into the rest of the scene. The figures are
too large for the perspective, or the walkway is too short. Amazing
what you can see with this much detail and time to really examine it!

Charlie

Shabaz

Aug 25, 2007, 12:31:47 AM8/25/07
On Aug 25, 1:22 am, Charlie Edmondson <edmond...@ieee.org> wrote:

> > (in article <u72pc317is1occr9sjpa4qngq5vmn5c...@4ax.com>):

I just checked, and besides Lochley and Vintari sinking through the
walkway, the scaling is exactly the same as on the DVD, but it
doesn't look nearly as odd there as it does in that screenshot. I'm
guessing that seeing it in motion helps, and of course the concave
nature of the docking bay kind of plays tricks on your sense of
perspective.

I actually overlayed a resized DVD screenshot with the 1080p one in
Gimp, and it is pretty clear that Vintari and Lochley were corrected,
but for the rest of the shot everything is the same.

-Shabaz