Babylon 5 Diaries Now Appearing

Jan

May 12, 2007, 6:24:35 AM5/12/07
There are probably 4 other new threads in the pipeline to alert folks to these
but just in case:

http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2422707&current_resourceid=2422707&type=video
has one about the EFX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APTPy3MLmNI The Reunion which has Tracy Scoggins
and Peter Woodward and Bruce Boxleitner 'together again for the first time'.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1758827742688386756&q=%22babylon+5%22
is 'The Aftermath' showing the stage after shooting was complete.

All three point to Babylon5.com which doesn't look to be updated yet.

Jan

--
If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great
things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Amy Guskin

May 12, 2007, 8:21:29 AM5/12/07
(in article <f244l...@drn.newsguy.com>):

> There are probably 4 other new threads in the pipeline to alert folks to
these
> but just in case:
>
> http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2422707&current_resourceid=2422707&type=video

> has one about the EFX.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APTPy3MLmNI The Reunion which has Tracy
> Scoggins
> and Peter Woodward and Bruce Boxleitner 'together again for the first time'.
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1758827742688386756&q=%22babylon+5%22

> is 'The Aftermath' showing the stage after shooting was complete.<,

To make it easier for folks:

http://tinyurl.com/37pz6y

http://tinyurl.com/2wr2vu

http://tinyurl.com/2ne2c7

Amy

Kurt Ullman

May 12, 2007, 9:10:59 AM5/12/07
In article <f244l...@drn.newsguy.com>, Jan <janmsc...@aol.com>
wrote:

> http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2422707&current_resourceid=2422707&type=video

The CGI honcho is a Colts fan.. so the product HAS to be good (g)

Stefan

May 12, 2007, 2:05:09 PM5/12/07
On 12 Mai, 12:24, Jan <janmschroe...@aol.com> wrote:
> There are probably 4 other new threads in the pipeline to alert folks to these
> but just in case:
>
> http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2422707¤t_resourceid=2422707&ty...

> has one about the EFX.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APTPy3MLmNI The Reunion which has Tracy Scoggins
> and Peter Woodward and Bruce Boxleitner 'together again for the first time'.
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1758827742688386756&q=%22baby...

> is 'The Aftermath' showing the stage after shooting was complete.

GREAT!

> All three point to Babylon5.com which doesn't look to be updated yet.

You're right. There is no move till now.

But shouldn't the TLT-Diaries go public at SDCC?
Or are there plenty more Diaries in the pipe?

Stefan

Jan

May 12, 2007, 3:50:46 PM5/12/07
In article <1178993108....@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, Stefan
says...

>But shouldn't the TLT-Diaries go public at SDCC?
>Or are there plenty more Diaries in the pipe?

JMS has promised a special trailer for SDCC as I recall. Remember, Lost tales
comes out the Tuesday after SDCC weekend.

I don't know any numbers but JMS showed (iirc) six of the Diaries at NYCC and
'Reunion' was the only one of the three that just came out so far that was among
those so we know there are at least eight.

The others I saw were about his role as director, one about Keegan Macintosh
(the Centauri Prince Regent), one about respect, a set tour and one about a
unique use JMS has for a starfury set.

Mac Breck

May 12, 2007, 5:32:09 PM5/12/07
"Jan" <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote in message

> In article <1178993108....@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
Stefan
> says...
> >

> >But shouldn't the TLT-Diaries go public at SDCC?
> >Or are there plenty more Diaries in the pipe?
> >

> JMS has promised a special trailer for SDCC as I recall. Remember,
Lost tales
> comes out the Tuesday after SDCC weekend.
>
> I don't know any numbers but JMS showed (iirc) six of the Diaries at
NYCC and
> 'Reunion' was the only one of the three that just came out so far that
was among
> those so we know there are at least eight.
>
> The others I saw were about his role as director, one about Keegan
Macintosh
> (the Centauri Prince Regent), one about respect, a set tour and one
about a
> unique use JMS has for a starfury set.

One about respect? Was that the one that had something to do with
Andreas?

Are the TLT Diaries going to be on the B5-TLT DVD? The reason I ask is
that my PC is so old (Pentium II 233MHz) that all three had "William
Shatner"-style, pause filled speech and video, only about 10 to 100
times worse, and my PC CPU was pegged at 100% for the entire playing
time of each diary. The VMIX one was the worst (longest and most
frequent pauses).

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------

"Brimstone" (1998)
Angel: Oh, there's one more thing you should know. Your fate was never
determined until you killed Gilbert Jax. All in all, you've led a good
life, Ezekiel. Have faith. Your work's appreciated.

Mac Breck

May 12, 2007, 5:45:54 PM5/12/07
CORRECTION. That other post got away from me before I had the chance to
fix it.

> In article <1178993108....@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
Stefan
> says...
> >

> >But shouldn't the TLT-Diaries go public at SDCC?
> >Or are there plenty more Diaries in the pipe?
> >

> JMS has promised a special trailer for SDCC as I recall. Remember,
Lost tales
> comes out the Tuesday after SDCC weekend.
>
> I don't know any numbers but JMS showed (iirc) six of the Diaries at
NYCC and
> 'Reunion' was the only one of the three that just came out so far that
was among
> those so we know there are at least eight.
>
> The others I saw were about his role as director, one about Keegan
Macintosh
> (the Centauri Prince Regent), one about respect, a set tour and one
about a
> unique use JMS has for a starfury set.

One about respect? Was that the one that had something to do with
Andreas?

Are the TLT Diaries going to be on the B5-TLT DVD? The reason I ask is

that my PC is so old (Pentium II 233MHz) that, after the diaries were
completely downloaded, all but the YouTube one had "William
Shatner"-style, pause-filled speech and video, only about 10 to 100

times worse, and my PC CPU was pegged at 100% for the entire playing

time of the non-YouTube diaries. The VMIX one was the worst (longest and

Joseph DeMartino

May 12, 2007, 6:43:40 PM5/12/07
On May 12, 5:45 pm, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> CORRECTION. That other post got away from me before I had the chance to
> fix it.

Yeah, I hate when that happens. <g>

> Are the TLT Diaries going to be on the B5-TLT DVD?

Yes. They are the sole special feature listed in the WHV press
release:

"Straczynski Diaries - a multi-part series of vignettes as filmed by
J. Michael Straczynski as he documents every phase of pre-production,
production and post-production for the Lost Tales. Viewers are given
a first-person, inside look at the creative process of making the
Babylon 5 film."

They are also the reason for the "Sara Barnes" director credit on the
IMDB that has been confusing some people. "Samm" Barnes directed the
diaries, and they are part of the DVD content, hence her credit.

Regards,

Joe

Amy Guskin

May 12, 2007, 6:51:14 PM5/12/07
>> On Sat, 12 May 2007 17:32:09 -0400, Mac Breck wrote
(in article <464632e3$0$8428$ecde...@news.coretel.net>):

It _might_ help if you don't allow it to start playing immediately, while
it's still loading. Hit 'pause' when it starts to load in, and when it's
done, start playing. Incidentally, I have plenty of 'juice' and found that
even when it was loaded in completely, the first one (the VMix one) was
herky-jerky for about the first minute no matter _what_ I did, so my
suspicion is that the file is somewhat corrupted.

Amy

Joseph DeMartino

May 12, 2007, 6:52:45 PM5/12/07
On May 12, 2:05 pm, Stefan <colj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> But shouldn't the TLT-Diaries go public at SDCC?
> Or are there plenty more Diaries in the pipe?

To answer the second question first, "yes". As for the first question
- I don't think so.

As I understood JMS's posts on the subject, the diaries, which will
also serve as a DVD extra, were mostly done as a marketing tool to
drive traffic to the official site and raise interest in and awareness
of the project in the weeks leading up to the official release.
(Something like the "King Kong" production diaries on Peter Jackson's
website.)

My impression was that they'd be uploaded once a week or so, in some
logical order, to keep folks coming back and referring friends,
something to keep people talking and speculating, and just generally
get people more excited about the disc. Since SDCC is the weekend
before the offical release Tuesday, unvieling the diaries there would
defeat the whole purpose of slowly building up "buzz". I suspect that
three that are out there were leaked or posted by someone with access
to a promo copy or test pressing of the DVD and that Warner Home Video
is probably less-than-thrilled with their premature "escape" into the
wilds of the internets.

Regards,

Joe

Jan

May 12, 2007, 6:56:47 PM5/12/07
In article <464635dc$0$8438$ecde...@news.coretel.net>, Mac Breck says...

>CORRECTION. That other post got away from me before I had the chance to
>fix it.
>

>"Jan" <janmsc...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> In article <1178993108....@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
>Stefan
>> says...
>> >

>> >But shouldn't the TLT-Diaries go public at SDCC?
>> >Or are there plenty more Diaries in the pipe?
>> >

>> JMS has promised a special trailer for SDCC as I recall. Remember,
>Lost tales
>> comes out the Tuesday after SDCC weekend.
>>
>> I don't know any numbers but JMS showed (iirc) six of the Diaries at
>NYCC and
>> 'Reunion' was the only one of the three that just came out so far that
>was among
>> those so we know there are at least eight.
>>
>> The others I saw were about his role as director, one about Keegan
>Macintosh
>> (the Centauri Prince Regent), one about respect, a set tour and one
>about a
>> unique use JMS has for a starfury set.
>
>One about respect? Was that the one that had something to do with
>Andreas?

No, there was no 'Diary' about Andreas that I saw. That nod to him was part of
the opening sequence that JMS showed. The 'Respect' one was about how JMS and
the cast/crew felt about the first day of filming.

>Are the TLT Diaries going to be on the B5-TLT DVD? The reason I ask is
>that my PC is so old (Pentium II 233MHz) that, after the diaries were
>completely downloaded, all but the YouTube one had "William
>Shatner"-style, pause-filled speech and video, only about 10 to 100
>times worse, and my PC CPU was pegged at 100% for the entire playing
>time of the non-YouTube diaries. The VMIX one was the worst (longest and
>most frequent pauses).

As far as I know they will be. It was mentioned in the original article I read
on TVshowsondvd.com that the 'Straczynski Diaries' were the extra that they knew
about.

Shabaz

May 12, 2007, 7:08:55 PM5/12/07

They were posted by WB, via official WB accounts on the various file
sharing websites. They're not leaks.

-Shabaz

Joseph DeMartino

May 12, 2007, 7:20:11 PM5/12/07
On May 12, 7:08 pm, Shabaz <shaba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They were posted by WB, via official WB accounts on the various file
> sharing websites. They're not leaks.

Not doubting you, just not familiar with such things. How can you
tell who posted something on these sites and what constitutes an
"official Warner Bros. account"? Seems odd that WB would put three
random clips out on two different video-dowload sites and *not* have
them available on the official site of the thing being promoted. Not
to mention the fact that anybody can call themselves anything on the
internet.

Regards,

Joe

Shabaz

May 12, 2007, 7:22:21 PM5/12/07
On May 13, 12:51 am, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
> >> On Sat, 12 May 2007 17:32:09 -0400, Mac Breck wrote
> > Are the TLT Diaries going to be on the B5-TLT DVD? The reason I ask is
> > that my PC is so old (Pentium II 233MHz) that all three had "William
> > Shatner"-style, pause filled speech and video, only about 10 to 100
> > times worse, and my PC CPU was pegged at 100% for the entire playing
> > time of each diary. The VMIX one was the worst (longest and most
> > frequent pauses). <<
>
> It _might_ help if you don't allow it to start playing immediately, while
> it's still loading. Hit 'pause' when it starts to load in, and when it's
> done, start playing. Incidentally, I have plenty of 'juice' and found that
> even when it was loaded in completely, the first one (the VMix one) was
> herky-jerky for about the first minute no matter _what_ I did, so my
> suspicion is that the file is somewhat corrupted.
>
> Amy

I have a computer that while not as ancient as Mac's, is getting a bit
older now, an Athlon XP 2200+. And it plays the vmix video fine, so
the file isn't corrupted. I have a feeling you might need to update
Flash and make sure everything on the software side is up to date. One
of the areas that more recent versions of Flash improved the most on
is video streaming capabilities.

-Shabaz

Shabaz

May 12, 2007, 7:27:56 PM5/12/07

It's usually not that hard to tell the official promotional accounts
apart on the various video sharing websites. Just take a look at the
profile page and the video history. which should make things pretty
obvious.

-Shabaz

Shabaz

May 12, 2007, 7:33:11 PM5/12/07
On May 12, 12:24 pm, Jan <janmschroe...@aol.com> wrote:
> There are probably 4 other new threads in the pipeline to alert folks to these
> but just in case:
>
> http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2422707&current_resourceid=2422707&ty...

> has one about the EFX.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APTPy3MLmNI The Reunion which has Tracy Scoggins
> and Peter Woodward and Bruce Boxleitner 'together again for the first time'.
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1758827742688386756&q=%22baby...

> is 'The Aftermath' showing the stage after shooting was complete.
>
> All three point to Babylon5.com which doesn't look to be updated yet.
>
> Jan
>
> --
> If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great
> things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:
> "Never Surrender Dreams."
> J. Michael Straczynski

The first one actually includes a short spaceshot, and it looks
absolutely amazing. Colourful and hectic and exciting and beautiful.
Also, I would like to point out the nifty camera direction of that
shot. I know we were talking a while ago about the CG camera
direction, and it seemed that the discussion kind of focussed on shaky
cam or not. However, I can remember me saying that I really did hope
they would do something interesting with the camera direction in
general, and I think I got my wish.

-Shabaz

Richard Fallstrom

May 13, 2007, 12:52:55 AM5/13/07
In article <464632e3$0$8428$ecde...@news.coretel.net>, Mac Breck
<macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Yikes! You can get a better machine in many areas for about $200 US.
Even a Mac running OS X Tiger.

Rick (sometimes is a GentleRF and sometimes is not)
.

Amy Guskin

May 13, 2007, 8:22:57 AM5/13/07
>> On Sun, 13 May 2007 00:52:55 -0400, Richard Fallstrom wrote
(in article <120520072152557667%rick.fa...@donobi.net>):

Apropos of the poverty thread running elsewhere, I'd just like to point out
that not everybody _has_, or can get together, $200 of discretionary income
just like that. Or wants to accrue more credit debt.

I'm not saying this is Mac's situation -- but let's remember that $200 is
still _real money_ to many people!

Amy

Shabaz

May 13, 2007, 4:13:01 PM5/13/07
On May 13, 2:22 pm, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
> >> On Sun, 13 May 2007 00:52:55 -0400, Richard Fallstrom wrote
> > Yikes! You can get a better machine in many areas for about $200 US.
> > Even a Mac running OS X Tiger.<<
>
> Apropos of the poverty thread running elsewhere, I'd just like to point out
> that not everybody _has_, or can get together, $200 of discretionary income
> just like that. Or wants to accrue more credit debt.
>
> I'm not saying this is Mac's situation -- but let's remember that $200 is
> still _real money_ to many people!
>
> Amy

If that's someone's situation you can fairly easily find something
second hand that's still 5-10 times as fast for 50-100 bucks. Looking
through my local ebay website, you can get something around a
gigahertz for around 50 bucks fairly easily, and something in the 2
gigahertz range for around a 100 bucks. If that is still too much you
can find something 4-5 times as fast as Mac's rig for around 30-50
bucks. (of course, if you go the ebay route you need to make sure that
1) you're not paying an arm and a leg for shipping, and 2) that the
thing you're buying actually works beforehand)

If you're on a budget you need to be more resourceful, but there are
still alternatives to getting a completely new 300-400 bucks rig
(which actually buys you a lot these days, as long as you're not
interested in gaming). Which I think is what Richard was trying to
say.

-Shabaz

Mac Breck

May 13, 2007, 7:56:30 PM5/13/07
"Joseph DeMartino" <jdem...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> On May 12, 5:45 pm, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > CORRECTION. That other post got away from me before I had the chance
> > fix it.
>
> Yeah, I hate when that happens. <g>

In this case, immediately after I hit Send, I realized the error, got
out of rastb5m and over to the Outbox, dragged and dropped the post to
Drafts, and edited the post, but somehow, it still managed to send the
first one, even though nothing was there TO send after I did the drag &
drop. It didn't look like it was in mid-send when I grabbed it, because
then it won't let it BE grabbed.

> > Are the TLT Diaries going to be on the B5-TLT DVD?
>
> Yes. They are the sole special feature listed in the WHV press
> release:

:-O Forgot about that. :-O

Mac Breck

May 13, 2007, 8:22:15 PM5/13/07
"Amy Guskin" <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote in message

> >> On Sat, 12 May 2007 17:32:09 -0400, Mac Breck wrote
> (in article <464632e3$0$8428$ecde...@news.coretel.net>):

<snip>

> > Are the TLT Diaries going to be on the B5-TLT DVD? The reason I ask
is
> > that my PC is so old (Pentium II 233MHz) that all three had "William
> > Shatner"-style, pause filled speech and video, only about 10 to 100
> > times worse, and my PC CPU was pegged at 100% for the entire playing
> > time of each diary. The VMIX one was the worst (longest and most
> > frequent pauses). <<
>
> It _might_ help if you don't allow it to start playing immediately,
while
> it's still loading. Hit 'pause' when it starts to load in, and when
it's
> done, start playing.

I did. That's standard practice for me. ;-) I hit pause (II), drag
the slider all the way to the left (to put the clip at the beginning),
go away for awhile and come back when it's completely loaded. Then, I
play it.

Richard Fallstrom

May 13, 2007, 8:35:00 PM5/13/07
In article <0001HW.C26C7BBD...@news.verizon.net>, Amy
Guskin <ais...@fjordstone.com> wrote:

That it is. I will submit though in the Google Group LEM-Swap there are
some nice machines for well under $200 available.

Amy Guskin

May 13, 2007, 8:41:40 PM5/13/07
(in article <1179087181.8...@e51g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>):

> If you're on a budget you need to be more resourceful, but there are
> still alternatives to getting a completely new 300-400 bucks rig
> (which actually buys you a lot these days, as long as you're not
> interested in gaming). <<

...or owning a Mac.

Amy

Mac Breck

May 13, 2007, 8:42:10 PM5/13/07
"Shabaz" <shab...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Right now, the real estate taxes (County, Borough and SCHOOL) are more
important. My income went down (downsized->start over-> crappy job,
long hours, no vacation, lower pay, etc.) and the taxes keep going up
(The borough is building a new Taj Mahal of a Jr/Sr High School.).
IMHO, the school board should be strung up. The town has less than half
the population it once had at the height of the US steel industry years,
they recently remodled the Jr/Sr High School, and now they're building a
NEW one. Grrrr.

It's not that PCs cost a lot these days. It's that the money is
allocated for other stuff, i.e. necessities.

Shabaz

May 13, 2007, 8:49:28 PM5/13/07
On May 14, 2:22 am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Amy Guskin" <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote in message

> > (in article <464632e3$0$8428$ecde5...@news.coretel.net>):

I saw the same VFX video uploaded to another website by WB. Maybe you
want to try and give that a go, see if it helps?

http://www.livevideo.com/video/wbmarketing/F32281D76F1F4701BAF63505C48390DB/babylon-5-diaries-dvd-clip.aspx

and tinyurl version:

http://tinyurl.com/2ke68a

You could also try to manually download the flv file from vmix, and
then throw it at VLC (videolan.org) and see if that plays any better.
To get the .flv file, you first have to extract the url from the
following XML file:

http://www.vmix.com/videos.php?ID=2422707

It's in the file element, should be pretty obvious. Just download that
file to your harddisk, download and install VLC, and then try to open
the downloaded file with VLC. I used the same method to get ever so
slightly cleaner screenshots, and I know it technically should work,
though I don't know if it will help any performance wise. But it could
be worth the try.

-Shabaz

Shabaz

May 13, 2007, 8:56:57 PM5/13/07
On May 14, 2:42 am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Shabaz" <shaba...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Understood. And my apologies if my previous post sounded a bit more
bullish than it should have.

-Shabaz

Mac Breck

May 13, 2007, 8:58:07 PM5/13/07

> I saw the same VFX video uploaded to another website by WB. Maybe you
> want to try and give that a go, see if it helps?

http://www.livevideo.com/video/wbmarketing/F32281D76F1F4701BAF63505C48390DB/babylon-5-diaries-dvd-clip.aspx

> and tinyurl version:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2ke68a
>
> You could also try to manually download the flv file from vmix, and
> then throw it at VLC (videolan.org) and see if that plays any better.
> To get the .flv file, you first have to extract the url from the
> following XML file:
>
> http://www.vmix.com/videos.php?ID=2422707
>
> It's in the file element, should be pretty obvious. Just download that
> file to your harddisk, download and install VLC, and then try to open
> the downloaded file with VLC. I used the same method to get ever so
> slightly cleaner screenshots, and I know it technically should work,
> though I don't know if it will help any performance wise. But it could
> be worth the try.
>
> -Shabaz

Thanks.

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)

Shabaz

May 13, 2007, 9:00:39 PM5/13/07
On May 14, 2:41 am, Amy Guskin <aisl...@fjordstone.com> wrote:
> >> On Sun, 13 May 2007 16:13:01 -0400, Shabaz wrote
>
> (in article <1179087181.886392.140...@e51g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>):

> > If you're on a budget you need to be more resourceful, but there are
> > still alternatives to getting a completely new 300-400 bucks rig
> > (which actually buys you a lot these days, as long as you're not
> > interested in gaming). <<
>
> ...or owning a Mac.
>
> Amy

Running Linux here as my main OS (Ubunto 7.04) on a x86 box, probably
the cheapest of the main personal computer permutations. :)

-Shabaz

Mac Breck

May 13, 2007, 9:27:59 PM5/13/07

> Understood. And my apologies if my previous post sounded a bit more

> bullish than it should have.
>
> -Shabaz

Oh, not at all. Your post was fine. Really, A-OK. ;-) You have no
idea how much it kills me to not be able to buy the things that I would
have bought without giving it a second thought, back when I had a high
paying job. The icing on the cake is that the things that I've most
wanted (e.g. Nikon D-2 series camera bodies, the ~2000 Bullitt Mustang,
2005+ Mustang GT, the 2007-2007 Shelby GT500, GT500KR, Super Snake,
etc.) only came out *after* I was no longer able to afford them. The
universe certainly has a *wicked* sense of humor. LOL.

Josh Hill

May 13, 2007, 9:32:11 PM5/13/07
On 13 May 2007 18:00:39 -0700, Shabaz <shab...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> (in article <1179087181.886392.140...@e51g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>):
>>
>> > If you're on a budget you need to be more resourceful, but there are
>> > still alternatives to getting a completely new 300-400 bucks rig
>> > (which actually buys you a lot these days, as long as you're not
>> > interested in gaming). <<
>>
>> ...or owning a Mac.
>>

>Running Linux here as my main OS (Ubunto 7.04) on a x86 box, probably
>the cheapest of the main personal computer permutations. :)

Unquestionably! You can also run OS X on a vanilla Intel PC, though
you have to install a few hacks and spend some time looking at
hardware compatibility lists. I tried it myself about a year ago: most
amusing to see your PC come up as a Mac.

--
Josh

"The conservative movement is founded on the simple tenet
that people have the right to live life as they please,
as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process. . . .
The radical right has nearly ruined our party. Its members
do not care about the Constitution and they are the
ones making all the noise." - Barry Goldwater

Richard Fallstrom

May 13, 2007, 10:11:27 PM5/13/07
In article <kref439fu9r4l178c...@4ax.com>, Josh Hill
<usere...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> (in article <1179087181.886392.140...@e51g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>):

> >> ...or owning a Mac.
> >>
> >Running Linux here as my main OS (Ubunto 7.04) on a x86 box, probably
> >the cheapest of the main personal computer permutations. :)
>
> Unquestionably! You can also run OS X on a vanilla Intel PC, though
> you have to install a few hacks and spend some time looking at
> hardware compatibility lists. I tried it myself about a year ago: most
> amusing to see your PC come up as a Mac.

I even have a hacked installer DVD for it as long as the processor and
mobo support SSE2 or SSE3 specs (matching the processor and mobo, of
course).

Richard Fallstrom

May 13, 2007, 10:12:07 PM5/13/07
In article <4647b09c$0$8429$ecde...@news.coretel.net>, Mac Breck
<macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Like food and gasoline?

Andrew Swallow

May 12, 2007, 7:34:36 PM5/12/07
Jan wrote:
[snip]

> http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=2422707&current_resourceid=2422707&type=video

> has one about the EFX.

There is something wrong with the vmix server, it does not play smoothly.

Andrew Swallow

Chris Patterson

May 14, 2007, 1:01:30 PM5/14/07
In article
<kurtullman-D7EBC...@customer-201-125-217-207.uninet.net.mx,
Kurt Ullman <kurtu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The CGI honcho is a Colts fan.. so the product HAS to be good (g)

Hehe! I wonder if you and I were the only ones who noticed that, Kurt!
Go Colts!

As for comments on the diary contents so far:

1. I agree the brief glimpse of CGI so far looks pretty cool --
especially the -- what'd they call it? -- "cathedral of fire".

2. I see Bruce hasn't lost his gift for gab... :) I wish he would have
let Peter get a word in edgewise...

3. How many whiteboards would they have needed for the shot list for
"Severed Dreams" ? :)
Chris Patterson        chris dot s dot patterson at gmail dot com
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of
doubts." -- Bertrand Russell

Bill

May 14, 2007, 2:07:36 PM5/14/07
On May 13, 8:42 pm, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Right now, the real estate taxes (County, Borough and SCHOOL) are more
> important. My income went down (downsized->start over-> crappy job,
> long hours, no vacation, lower pay, etc.) and the taxes keep going up
> (The borough is building a new Taj Mahal of a Jr/Sr High School.).
> IMHO, the school board should be strung up. The town has less than half
> the populationitonce had at the height of the US steel industry years,

> they recently remodled the Jr/Sr High School, and now they're building a
> NEW one. Grrrr.
>
> It's not that PCs cost a lot these days. It's that the money is
> allocated for other stuff, i.e. necessities.

To quote President Clinton, "I feel your pain." Five years ago, I was
seriously considering buying a new computer myself, since I bought my
first one in 1999. On Sept 12, 2002 I got rear-ended by a tractor
trailer and I *still* haven't climbed out of the financial hole that
created. My PC is approaching its 10th birthday like a centenarian
with a walker, huffing and wheezing its painfully slow way.

Bill