FILK ALERT! "Babylonian Rhapsody"

瀏覽次數:6 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Elana who?

未讀,
1996年11月26日 凌晨3:00:001996/11/26
收件者:rec-arts-sf-tv-b...@uunet.uu.net

Folks, I hereby present to you a B5 parody titled "Babylonian Rhapsody".

May the Great Maker forgive me.

This is best appreciated if you have a copy of the original song
"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen, and you read this while the song is playing.

I have included performance notes at the end for anyone foolish or brave
enough to actually ATTEMPT to sing this in public... (which is an idea
even I cannot conceive of...!)

Here goes...

*****************************

BABYLONIAN RHAPSODY
(The full version, with chorus)

Chorus: This is the story arc
More than just fantasy
Known as Babylon 5
Written by Straczynski

Open your eyes
Turn on the tube and see

Lead: It is a true joy, broadcast for all to see
Chorus: 'Cause the plotlines twist, change and flow
Enjoy the ride, see this show
Anywhere the story goes, it all really matters to me
Lead: To me

Lead: Londo, he met a man
"What do you want" he said
Londo told him, now we're dead
Third age, it has just begun
But will mankind throw it all away?
Shadows. ooooo, did you mean to make us cry
'Cause we will fight again this time tomorrow
Vorlon, carry on, because it really matters

Lead: Sheridan, our time has come
Sends shivers down our spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody- we got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Earthdome, oooooo
We don't want to die
But sometimes you must face death to gain it all

Lead: Unprotected spoilers - posted on the net
Chorus: Verbal WHOOSH! Verbal WHOOSH! Watch 'em do the flame tango!
Rast'5 is frightening, B5 mod enlightening, yeah!
F: Min-NIN-bari!
M: And Centauri!
F: Narn and human!
M: And green Drazi!
F: Whoops, they're purple, let them go
Chorus: Magnifico... oh-oh-oh!

Lead: My name is Marcus , Ivanova don't love me
Chorus: He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

Lead: Villains come, Shadows show, invade the Zocalo
Half: Like hell, yah!
OtherH: No, we will not let them, no - fight let's go!
Half: Like hell, yah!
OtherH: We will not let them - let them show!
Half: Like hell, yah!
OtherH: We will not let them go - let them go!
Half: Will not let them go - let them go
Will not let them go- let them go
Chorus: No, no, no, no, no no no no no!

Lead: Oh mama mia, mama mia
Chorus: What do the First Ones know?

Chorus: Future holds a greater destiny for you - and them - and meeeeeeee!

(everyone warbles like a Vorlon in leu of the original song's guitar solo)

Lead: So they think they can blind us, yet widen our eyes
So they think they can ground us, yet ask us to fly?
Now heyday - there's more to us, today
Then to be caught up, all in these doubts and these fears

(More communal Vorlon warbling during this instrumental part)
(More instrumental part... it takes awhile here...)
(*Finally*...!)

Lead: It all really matters
Anyone can see
It all really matters
It all really matters - to me

Lead: This is the B5 show...

NOTES FOR PERFORMANCE:
The singing group should consist of a lead singer and 4 backup singers.
A male and a female appointed in the chorus will occasionally sing solo
as directed.

Lead = lead singer
Chorus = like it says
Half: = one half of the chorus
OtherH: Other half of the chorus
M = Male backup, the one guy in the chorus to occasionally sing solo as
directed
F = same for the guy, except opposite gender

David Stinson

未讀,
1996年11月27日 凌晨3:00:001996/11/27
收件者:

In article <elanaE1...@netcom.com>, el...@netcom.com (Elana who?) wrote:
<CLIPPED FOR BREVITY>

ROTFLMAO... TOO DAMN GOOD!!!

What's really weird is the fact that I actually could hear Freddy Mercury
singing it in my head.... the voices.... aaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!

--
David A. Stinson Web Page: http://www.procom.com/~daves/index.html E-Mail: dsti...@ix.netcom.com da...@procom.com dast...@aol.com ************************************************
** "Gonna need another Timmy!" -Baby Sinclair **

Elana who?

未讀,
1996年11月28日 凌晨3:00:001996/11/28
收件者:rec-arts-sf-tv-b...@uunet.uu.net

In article <57ish8$7...@sjx-ixn9.ix.netcom.com>,

David Stinson <dsti...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>In article <elanaE1...@netcom.com>, el...@netcom.com (Elana who?) wrote:
><CLIPPED FOR BREVITY>
>
>ROTFLMAO... TOO DAMN GOOD!!!

Thanks. :)

>What's really weird is the fact that I actually could hear Freddy Mercury
>singing it in my head.... the voices.... aaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!

Probably because I made an effort to track the original lyrics as closely
as possible in both rhyme and meter... and *mostly* succeeded. :)

There was a pretty decent percentage of the song where the original lyrics
could be left kinda alone and they STILL worked with a minimum of tweaking.

-Elana

0 則新訊息