STAR WARS Revamped!?!

fut...@wkuvx1.bitnet

Sep 11, 1992, 12:12:16 PM9/11/92
I think I might have a possible suggestion to why they might have
pulled the movies from rental. (Although, I see them everytime I go to
Blockbusteror any other movie rental place.) There is a trend
developing. The movie "gods-that-be" are beginning to re-edit very
popular older movies FOR RE-RELEASE!! For example, they are
re-editing and re-releasing the cult classic, _Blade Runner_. For all
of you Cyberpunk fans out there, it will be a movie to remember.

I predict that they will re-edit and re-release, your favorite and
mine, _STAR WARS_ and _The Empire Strikes Back_. Keep in mind, this
is only a guess and prediction. There has got to be at least 30
minutes worth of footage that was cut from the original _STAR WARS_.
Just think of _STAR WARS_ in LucasFilm Surround Sound STEREO. I get
goose bumps just thinking about it.

It may only be wishful thinking, but we all have our dreams.

Nathan Futrell
fut...@WKUVX1.bitnet
"Any questions, comments, ideas, snide remarks..."

Starman

Sep 11, 1992, 1:38:16 PM9/11/92
In article <1992Sep11....@wkuvx1.bitnet> fut...@wkuvx1.bitnet writes:
>The movie "gods-that-be" are beginning to re-edit very
>popular older movies FOR RE-RELEASE!! For example, they are
>re-editing and re-releasing the cult classic, _Blade Runner_. For all
>of you Cyberpunk fans out there, it will be a movie to remember.

Well, that's one. Except for Spartacus, I don't know of any others. I
wouldn't call it a trend.

>I predict that they will re-edit and re-release, your favorite and
>mine, _STAR WARS_ and _The Empire Strikes Back_. Keep in mind, this
>is only a guess and prediction. There has got to be at least 30
>minutes worth of footage that was cut from the original _STAR WARS_.
>Just think of _STAR WARS_ in LucasFilm Surround Sound STEREO. I get
>goose bumps just thinking about it.

I don't have to think of Star Wars in surround, I have it. Just get a
laser disc player and a surround sound unit and Star Wars letterboxed
(it's only a measly $69 unless you join Columbia) and you're set. As for
an expanded version, I'm NOT holding my breath for it, nor is anyone
else that's a Star Wars fan because I just don't think Lucas cares
enough to do it. Maybe for the 20th anniversary, but this is it's 15th,
and I haven't seen anything yet.

=============================== Mike Gaines ============================
= WHAT is your name?............................Captain Jean-Luc Picard=
= WHAT is your quest?.............................I seek the Holy Grail=
= WHAT is the average velocity of a Bird of Prey?...Romulan or Klingon?=
= I.....I don't know AAAAAHHHHH! =
========================== meg...@hertz.njit.edu ======================
AOL: Gra...@AOL.COM

Mike Watters

Sep 11, 1992, 3:19:02 PM9/11/92
In article <1992Sep11....@wkuvx1.bitnet> fut...@wkuvx1.bitnet writes:

Who knows... Maybe we will all be able to stop bickering about the
imfamous...... shhhhhhhh..... "biggs scenes".

mike

--
Mike
wat...@genetics.washington.edu

Barry Holsinger

Sep 11, 1992, 4:39:14 PM9/11/92
In article <1992Sep11....@wkuvx1.bitnet> fut...@wkuvx1.bitnet writes:
>I predict that they will re-edit and re-release, your favorite and
>mine, _STAR WARS_ and _The Empire Strikes Back_. Keep in mind, this
>is only a guess and prediction.

>There has got to be at least 30
>minutes worth of footage that was cut from the original _STAR WARS_.
>Just think of _STAR WARS_ in LucasFilm Surround Sound STEREO. I get
>goose bumps just thinking about it.

I presume you mean footage that was NEVER RELEASED and found its home
on the cutting room floor, such as Jabba from ANH.

Content-wise I hope that they NEVER change any of the Star Wars films. I think
they're "perfect" as is! However, if they want to release the movies with
THX Dolby Surround, you'd get no complaint from me! (The cost of the equipment
to play it back is another story...)

Actually, this isn't the first time that Star Wars, etc have been "black-listed",
or the first time it's been discussed here. Fox does this occasionally.
IMHO it's just a supply and demand tactic to drive of the price of the movies.

>Nathan Futrell
>fut...@WKUVX1.bitnet
>"Any questions, comments, ideas, snide remarks..."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm never short on these!! /8^)

--
Barry Holsinger | I ain't git'n et by no gators to make my wage!
Sunnyvale, CA | There are better ways to make a buck in dis

Scott Streeter

Sep 13, 1992, 10:17:40 AM9/13/92

beh10> Content-wise I hope that they NEVER change any of the Star Wars
beh10> films. I think they're "perfect" as is! However, if they want
beh10> to release the movies with THX Dolby Surround, you'd get no
beh10> complaint from me! (The cost of the equipment to play it back
beh10> is another story...)

Hey the LBX LD of Star Wars sounds just fine in it's Dobly sound
surround format.

--
Scott Streeter
s...@wpi.wpi.edu

Simon N Smith

Sep 14, 1992, 4:15:00 AM9/14/92
In article meg...@hertz.njit.edu (Starman) writes:

|> In article fut...@wkuvx1.bitnet writes:
|> >The movie "gods-that-be" are beginning to re-edit very
|> >popular older movies FOR RE-RELEASE!! For example, they are
|> >re-editing and re-releasing the cult classic, _Blade Runner_. For all
|> >of you Cyberpunk fans out there, it will be a movie to remember.
|> >
|> Well, that's one. Except for Spartacus, I don't know of any others. I
|> wouldn't call it a trend.

Here in the UK I can think of a few others that have been spruced up and
rereleased off the top of my head:

1. Close Encounters special edition - extra footage etc.

2. Aliens - an extra 17 mins or so of film.

Perhaps there are more?

Sy.

--
Simon N. McIntosh-Smith, PhD candidate | Email : Simon....@cm.cf.ac.uk
Department of Computing Mathematics, | Phone : +44 (0)222 874000

Dennis Remmer

Sep 14, 1992, 10:35:44 PM9/14/92
meg...@hertz.njit.edu (Starman) writes:

>In article <1992Sep11....@wkuvx1.bitnet> fut...@wkuvx1.bitnet writes:
>>The movie "gods-that-be" are beginning to re-edit very
>>popular older movies FOR RE-RELEASE!! For example, they are
>>re-editing and re-releasing the cult classic, _Blade Runner_. For all
>>of you Cyberpunk fans out there, it will be a movie to remember.
>>
>Well, that's one. Except for Spartacus, I don't know of any others. I
>wouldn't call it a trend.

Aliens 2 - Special Edition
Close Encounters 3rd Kind - Special Edition

there must be more...

regards

Dennis Remmer - den...@citr.uq.oz.au - Den...@syacus.acus.oz
Australian Centre for Unisys Software, Brisbane Queensland Australia