Long time fan. Abandoning ship. Major Rants

Maul 672

Jan 6, 2002, 3:36:26 AM1/6/02
I have been a fan of Star Wars for 25 of my 29 years.. collected everything as
a child and as a adult, read the books, played "Star Wars" on the
playground..dreamed of using the force..ect..ect..you get the point.. After
Return of the Jedi I had heard whispers of Star Wars IV (that was what it was
called back then) but nothing..nothing for years and years to come..but when
news hit of the new movies, I was very excited and started counting the days
right up until the opening of The Phantom Menace.. stood in line for 18 or so
hours for tickets..saw it like, 20 times in the theater.. yes, I even defended
jar jar **temp insanity**.. but now that AotC is coming out, I can no longer
defend what this has become... I started having a bad feeling when I heard that
Christopher Lee was going to be the villian in this movie..I have nothing
against Lee, as you will see later, but for him to be the villian in this movie
along with Palpy..well, that is just unbelievable because Plapy is the
mastermind..he needs a able body to carry out his plans, I am sorry but an 80
year old actor with a lightsaber is just too much for me to deal with, even
more so after seeing Ray Park as Darth Maul.. the next blow was the god awful
title..WTF ? I know this has been the subject of many a topic so that is all I
will say on that..but the straw that broke this life long fan's back what the
news of the horrid N'SYNC. This is too much. Episode IV, V, VI are the true
Star Wars to me, so far what I have seen out of this new Lucas has been crap. I
honestly believe that Lucas is getting soft in the head OR he thinks that he is
above everything and can put out shit and still make money..which is true. BUT
there is a bright side to all of this.. just as Lucas is distroying the very
thing that made him what he is..or should I say WAS....there is hope for us
fans that can not go along with this travesty... that hope is "The Lord of the
Rings" This is what Star Wars (Episode I and what is looking to be II) should
have been.. special effects that ADDED to the story..not something that WAS the
story.. people who can ACT (imagine that !!) their way out of a wet paper
bag..(not pointing fingures but there wasn't one actor in LotR shouting out
"YIPPIE"or "The shield generators been hit!!") and best of all..no little teen
band. The new crap that Lucas is putting out could not compare to the first 20
minutes of LotR, much less the remaining 2 hours and 40 minutes of it.
With that being said, a Star Wars fan of 25 years just saw the light and now
knows that something has happened to the real lucas and he was replaced by
something else. Someone less talented..who has lost his edge. Who has lost his
ablity to come up with a good story to go along with those nifty effects that
he is so proud of, who will put a no talent TEEN BAND in a major motion picture
because his daughter is a FAN --PLEASE..Can someone say SPOILED.. What if his
daughter gets to like bitch Britney between now and Episode III.. will SHE be
cast as Palpy's lover ? I am surprised that there wasn't a big purple dino in
TPM..
Thank God and Tolkien that there is hope left.
PS.. Lee was great in LotR and is a good actor.. LotR = Old Wise, Wizard..I can
see that.. AotC = A Jedi with a name of COUNT DOOKU that can fight off the
most powerful jedi in the universe...riiiiiigggghhhhtttt! This was bad casting
at the worst and whoever came up with that name should be shot.

Jedipreist

Jan 6, 2002, 3:54:16 AM1/6/02
Why are you puting down a movie that isn't even out yet . You seem to be puting
the cart before the hores. in other words you all ready have a negitive veiw of
this movie so when it does come out your going to hate it so don't bother
watching it .when it does.

Personaly think Lucas is having a mid life crisses . I think hes trying to
make up for things he wished could have done when hes was younger . My dads
the same age and is acting wierd He likes going to night clubs and likes to
date girls 30 years younger then him .
jedi susan
this used to be a old name when i used to be on hear alot.

Rimrunner

Jan 6, 2002, 4:02:03 AM1/6/02
On 06 Jan 2002 08:36:26 GMT, Maul 672 <mau...@cs.com> wrote:

[snip]

>defend what this has become... I started having a bad feeling when I heard that
>Christopher Lee was going to be the villian in this movie..I have nothing
>against Lee, as you will see later, but for him to be the villian in this movie
>along with Palpy..well, that is just unbelievable because Plapy is the
>mastermind..he needs a able body to carry out his plans, I am sorry but an 80
>year old actor with a lightsaber is just too much for me to deal with, even

Seen Lord of the Rings yet? Might change your mind. Lee still kicks major
ass.

>PS.. Lee was great in LotR and is a good actor.. LotR = Old Wise, Wizard..I can
>see that.. AotC = A Jedi with a name of COUNT DOOKU that can fight off the
>most powerful jedi in the universe...riiiiiigggghhhhtttt! This was bad casting
>at the worst and whoever came up with that name should be shot.

Oh, I see you have. I think it could work, but having seen the AotC
trailer I'm less than enthusiastic, for a different reason.

-g,
the bitch goddess doesn't do romance. at least, not that kind.
--
WORDS FOR SALE: http://www.drizzle.com/~rimrun/words.html
"An artist's expression is his soul made apparent." -- Bruce Lee

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 6, 2002, 5:39:20 AM1/6/02
in article 20020106033626...@mb-mh.news.cs.com, Maul 672 at
mau...@cs.com wrote on 06.01.02 09:36:

Christopher Lee was bad casting?? Erm......

As for the TEEN BAND, they have a CAMEO appearance, as extras amongst a
hundred other extras, for a fleeting moment!

And now you're "abandoning ship", well how nice for you. A shorter ticket
cue outside the cinema for me, then.

--
Jostein H

Tucci

Jan 6, 2002, 5:40:22 AM1/6/02
mau...@cs.com (Maul 672):

>I am sorry but an 80 year old actor with a lightsaber
>is just too much for me to deal with,

Better not watch A New Hope, then. You'll hate the Obi-wan / Vader
fight. You'll hate Yoda's scenes in Episode II even more, for that
matter.

>but the straw that broke this life long fan's back what the
>news of the horrid N'SYNC. This is too much.

So the fact that Rick Macullum invited three of the guys to appear in
a crowd scene and you're likely not even to notice them is enough for
you to throw away a twenty-plus-year hobby. Doesn't that seem...
well... geeky and silly to you? It sure does to me. You have no idea
who might have had cameos in the other four films -- it's common
practice for directors or producers to give cameos to visiting famous
people as a favor. Just because the NSYNC cameos became publicized
doesn't mean they're the only ones. And besides that, I still don't
see how their inclusion in a scene of extras -- which might still make
it to the cutting room floor -- is more offensive than Jar-Jar, the
Ewoks, the Holiday Special, Mark Hamill's acting, General Madine's
haircut, or any of the other negative aspects of Star Wars. This is
especially so given that you've spent all these years reading the
books and comics and so forth -- I have, too, and the quality varies
highly among them. Some are great, while some are outlandishly dumb.
How could NSYNC's minor, minor cameo be worse than, say, the fact that
"The Crystal Star" was allowed to be published? See, this is exactly
the kind of extremist reaction that gives Star Wars fans a "geek"
label. I can't fathom throwing out a two-decade hobby over something
like this. Relax, man, and enjoy the film -- you haven't even seen it
yet, and you're discarding it, despite all signs that it'll blow TPM
away. And why? Because an 80-year-old actor will weild a lightsaber
-- something hardly new to the Star Wars films -- and because some
famous people have been given cameos as extras -- something not new to
ANY films. With all due respect, this is even geekier than spending
several days on line just to see a movie.

HppyButchr

Jan 6, 2002, 12:16:10 PM1/6/02
Oh don't bother replying, i'm sure he'll be in line opening day in may just
like everyoneelse who claims that they won't go see it over this cameo. its
really just sad when people are so protective over something they enjoy, that
allowing different things into it so others might enjoy it becomes
sacreligious.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

Michael Ponte

Jan 6, 2002, 3:31:01 PM1/6/02
>I started having a bad feeling when I heard that Christopher >Lee was going
to be the villian in this movie..I have nothing
>against Lee, as you will see later, but for him to be the >villian in this
movie along with Palpy..well, that is just >unbelievable because Plapy is
the mastermind..he needs a >able body to carry out his plans, I am sorry but
an 80 year >old actor with a lightsaber is just too much for me to deal
>with.

Christopher Lee is one of the greatest actors that is and ever was in the
film industry. I have never seen him turn out a bad performance. Even when
the man appears in BAD films (and he's had his share) his acting is always
impeccable- Gremlins 2 for example. He was one of the only reasons to watch
that film. Having him in AOTC, whether at 80, 90, or 137 is a welcome
addition to any film. I bet he kicks some major ass in the film too!

--
-Michael Ponte: The Love Machine

"Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight who
would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean,
really, it was half-witted." -Christopher Lee

"Maul 672" <mau...@cs.com> wrote in message

Sean Walsh

Jan 6, 2002, 4:13:53 PM1/6/02
Michael Ponte <michae...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> >I started having a bad feeling when I heard that Christopher >Lee was
going
> to be the villian in this movie..I have nothing
> >against Lee, as you will see later, but for him to be the >villian in
this
> movie along with Palpy..well, that is just >unbelievable because Plapy is
> the mastermind..he needs a >able body to carry out his plans, I am sorry
but
> an 80 year >old actor with a lightsaber is just too much for me to deal
> >with.
>
> Christopher Lee is one of the greatest actors that is and ever was in the
> film industry. I have never seen him turn out a bad performance. Even when
> the man appears in BAD films (and he's had his share) his acting is always
> impeccable- Gremlins 2 for example. He was one of the only reasons to
watch
> that film. Having him in AOTC, whether at 80, 90, or 137 is a welcome
> addition to any film. I bet he kicks some major ass in the film too!
>
> --
> -Michael Ponte: The Love Machine

Here, here!

Sean
:)

--
New Gods Library: http://fastbak.tripod.com
Quantum Piett! http://www.geocities.com/quantumpiett/

ObeeKris

Jan 6, 2002, 4:36:54 PM1/6/02
rim...@NOSPAMdrizzle.com (Rimrunner)

> Oh, I see you have. I think it could work, but having seen the AotC
> trailer I'm less than enthusiastic, for a different reason.

Just out of curiosity, why less than enthusiastic, and which trailer made it so?

ObeeKris

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 6, 2002, 5:20:00 PM1/6/02
in article 9u2_7.8409$zw3.9...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net, Michael
Ponte at michae...@earthlink.net wrote on 06.01.02 21:31:

>> I started having a bad feeling when I heard that Christopher >Lee was going
> to be the villian in this movie..I have nothing
>> against Lee, as you will see later, but for him to be the >villian in this
> movie along with Palpy..well, that is just >unbelievable because Plapy is
> the mastermind..he needs a >able body to carry out his plans, I am sorry but
> an 80 year >old actor with a lightsaber is just too much for me to deal
>> with.
>
> Christopher Lee is one of the greatest actors that is and ever was in the
> film industry. I have never seen him turn out a bad performance. Even when
> the man appears in BAD films (and he's had his share) his acting is always
> impeccable- Gremlins 2 for example. He was one of the only reasons to watch
> that film. Having him in AOTC, whether at 80, 90, or 137 is a welcome
> addition to any film. I bet he kicks some major ass in the film too!

Gremlins 2 is excellent satire. I agree the Christopher Lee was good in it,
but it is a GOOD movie.

--
Jostein H

Robert Whelan

Jan 6, 2002, 4:53:09 PM1/6/02
to HppyButchr

Why don't YOU stop bothering to replyl?

Cryofax

Jan 6, 2002, 6:10:58 PM1/6/02
"Maul 672" <mau...@cs.com> wrote in message

<< Snip >>

Huh? You saw TPM 20 times and defend Jar Jar but you can't tolerate
Christopher Lee? A living fucking legend who is about as supreme a villain
that has ever graced the silver screen? And a movie in which scene 43 shows
Natalie Portman's tits? Com'on!

- Cryo

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 6, 2002, 6:28:55 PM1/6/02

<gurgle> WHAT!?!?

Daniel O. Miller

Here in my car,
The image breaks down,
Will you visit me please,
If I open my door,
In cars...

Robert Whelan

Jan 6, 2002, 7:07:38 PM1/6/02
to Tucci
On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Tucci wrote:

> mau...@cs.com (Maul 672):
> >I am sorry but an 80 year old actor with a lightsaber
> >is just too much for me to deal with,
>
> Better not watch A New Hope, then. You'll hate the Obi-wan / Vader
> fight. You'll hate Yoda's scenes in Episode II even more, for that
> matter.
>
> >but the straw that broke this life long fan's back what the
> >news of the horrid N'SYNC. This is too much.
>
> So the fact that Rick Macullum invited three of the guys to appear in
> a crowd scene and you're likely not even to notice them is enough for
> you to throw away a twenty-plus-year hobby. Doesn't that seem...
> well... geeky and silly to you? It sure does to me.

What does it matter to you? It's his hobby. He can throw it away
if he wants. Do you have stock in Lucasfilm or something?

You have no idea
> who might have had cameos in the other four films -- it's common
> practice for directors or producers to give cameos to visiting famous
> people as a favor. Just because the NSYNC cameos became publicized
> doesn't mean they're the only ones.

No, it means that Lucas and friends have their minds on publicizing
the presence of N'Sync in this movie, not publicizing that it
might be a good movie that people OTHER than really young teens
might like.

And besides that, I still don't
> see how their inclusion in a scene of extras -- which might still make
> it to the cutting room floor -- is more offensive than Jar-Jar, the
> Ewoks, the Holiday Special, Mark Hamill's acting, General Madine's
> haircut, or any of the other negative aspects of Star Wars.

People are really stretching when they try to includ the Holiday
Special as 'Star Wars flaw'. Same with Mark Hamill's acting, which
was pretty decent.

This is
> especially so given that you've spent all these years reading the
> books and comics and so forth -- I have, too, and the quality varies
> highly among them. Some are great, while some are outlandishly dumb.
> How could NSYNC's minor, minor cameo be worse than, say, the fact that
> "The Crystal Star" was allowed to be published? See, this is exactly
> the kind of extremist reaction that gives Star Wars fans a "geek"
> label.

Actually, caring so much about a series of films that you try to
talk someone out of giving up THEIR geeky hobby is the ultimate
in geekiness.

I can't fathom throwing out a two-decade hobby over something
> like this.

And you are NOT a geek?

Relax, man, and enjoy the film -- you haven't even seen it
> yet, and you're discarding it, despite all signs that it'll blow TPM
> away. And why? Because an 80-year-old actor will weild a lightsaber
> -- something hardly new to the Star Wars films -- and because some
> famous people have been given cameos as extras -- something not new to
> ANY films. With all due respect, this is even geekier than spending
> several days on line just to see a movie.

We all know who the real geek is, and it isn't the one GIVING UP
a hobby, due to anger at the corporation turning that hobby into
a laughingstock.

ObeeKris

Jan 6, 2002, 8:25:11 PM1/6/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wroye:

Hey, dickless wonder!! Jeremy wasn't replying to the original poster,
he was replying to Tucci. Jeremy hasn't even commented on this guy.

ObeeKris

Maul 672

Jan 6, 2002, 10:35:23 PM1/6/02
It is amazing how some of you people don't read the post.. I SAID that I have
nothing against Lee..t hat he can be good in movies.. the best actor ever ? I
think not, I saw "The Howling II", Lee is a good actor. IMO the casting is off,
Palpy is the mastermind, he is the old geezer that is plotting everything, he
needs a strong pair of legs to do his bidding.. a maul like character to do his
dirty work..to kick ass. Lee kicking ass with a lightsaber is a joke..JUST like
Obi Wan was a joke with his lightsaber in Episode IV..that may have been ok in
1977 but that kind of fight wont fly post matrix. TWO old geezers as
villains..where are the Depends ? Count Dooku... this is a joke, it has to be,
no one would come up with a name like that. If so, it has to be one of his
children.
As for this boy band, some of you guys say "its only for a second in the
background..blah blah blah" , I will believe that when I see it, that camera
will zoom in on them to give all the bored little girls a trill. Why have this
band in there at all if he isn't going to show them ? For his daughter? Why
not fly her off to a concert, get her backstage and forget it ? Is he making a
movie or playing daddy ? Lucas is turning Star Wars into a joke. Was there
any cameos of Devo in Return of the Jedi ? I don't remember seeing those little
red flower pot hats. what about the talking heads..were they there doing that
arm chop dance ?? Duran Duran ?? Did I blink and miss it ?
Actually this all started back when Greedo shot first. Stupidity.

Maul 672

Jan 6, 2002, 10:38:30 PM1/6/02
You know, I have read all the books and seen all the movies many many times but
the fact that you know who General Madine is just pointed out the real geek
here. What is his id # ? What level of the death star / ship was he on ?

Michael Ponte

Jan 6, 2002, 11:25:56 PM1/6/02
"Jostein Hakestad" <au...@online.no> wrote in message

Maybe it's personaly preference, but the movie did nothing for me. Something
about that female Gremlin jsut pissed me off.

-Ponte

Michael Ponte

Jan 6, 2002, 11:30:15 PM1/6/02

> It is amazing how some of you people don't read the post.. I SAID that I
have
> nothing against Lee..t hat he can be good in movies.. the best actor ever
? I
> think not, I saw "The Howling II", Lee is a good actor. IMO the casting is
off,
> Palpy is the mastermind, he is the old geezer that is plotting
everything, he
> needs a strong pair of legs to do his bidding.. a maul like character to
do his
> dirty work..to kick ass. Lee kicking ass with a lightsaber is a joke..JUST
like
> Obi Wan was a joke with his lightsaber in Episode IV..that may have been
ok in
> 1977 but that kind of fight wont fly post matrix.

I begin to doubt your sanity here my friend. This move has yet to be
released yet you know what Lee's role will be in the film. How can you tell
whether or not the character was miscast when NO ONE knows the full plot to
the movie?

I am assuming that Dooku will be a little more than a hitman- which is what
Maul was in Ep1. Plus I think that it is assured that he will have more than
3 lines, which is what Maul had in EP1. As for Obi Wan's battle in
ANH...you maybe need to watch the film again.

-Michael Ponte: The Love Machine

"Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight who

Michael Ponte

Jan 6, 2002, 11:32:26 PM1/6/02
"Maul 672" <mau...@cs.com> wrote in message

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 7, 2002, 4:40:22 AM1/7/02
in article or9_7.9589$Vz3.1...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net, Michael
Ponte at michae...@earthlink.net wrote on 07.01.02 05:25:

> Maybe it's personaly preference, but the movie did nothing for me. Something
> about that female Gremlin jsut pissed me off.

Yes, that was irritating. But other than that, it was good fun.

--
Jostein H

Robert Whelan

Jan 7, 2002, 8:03:08 AM1/7/02

If you talk about someone, in the same room as that person, even
if you address the comment to someone else, you are commenting.
Jeremy was being dismissive and insulting, as he always is.

Robert Whelan

Jan 7, 2002, 8:18:34 AM1/7/02

To be fair, he kinda sucked as Saruman in LOTR.

Tucci

Jan 7, 2002, 8:52:19 AM1/7/02
mau...@cs.com (Maul 672):

>You know, I have read all the books and seen all the movies many many times but
>the fact that you know who General Madine is just pointed out the real geek
>here. What is his id # ? What level of the death star / ship was he on ?

Can't help you there. But I think it's safe to say that pretty much
EVERYONE in this group knows who General Madine is, save for maybe
three or four individuals. So your point is moot.

Cryofax

Jan 7, 2002, 10:50:36 AM1/7/02
"Maul 672" <mau...@cs.com> wrote in message

> It is amazing how some of you people don't read the post.. I SAID that I
have
> nothing against Lee..t hat he can be good in movies.. the best actor ever
?

Did anyone say best actor ever? I said he was a living legend and about as
supreme a villain as you can get.

> think not, I saw "The Howling II"

And you can never get that 90 minutes back :)

>, Lee is a good actor. IMO the casting is off,
> Palpy is the mastermind, he is the old geezer that is plotting
everything, he
> needs a strong pair of legs to do his bidding.. a maul like character to
do his
> dirty work..to kick ass. Lee kicking ass with a lightsaber is a joke..

Why a joke? Maybe he's part some other race more long lived than humans? One
does not need to move like Ray Park to "kick ass". That was Maul's thing,
perhaps Count KooKoo has greater force powers, who knows. Besides the brute
force part of Sideous plan may now be replaced with more subtle
machinations...

> JUST like
> Obi Wan was a joke with his lightsaber in Episode IV

A joke? He was an old broken down Jedi. Now if he'd been replaced by a
stuntman doing backflips that might have been a joke.

>..that may have been ok in
> 1977 but that kind of fight wont fly post matrix.

So you're saying every battle from here on in has to be like the Matrix or
its not "believable". If its appropriate to the storyline it will fly.
Imagine Star Wars exactly like it is, but now Vader and Ben having a
"Matrix-style" fight. Now THAT would be fucking hilarious, and a joke.

> TWO old geezers as
> villains..where are the Depends ? Count Dooku... this is a joke, it has to
be,
> no one would come up with a name like that. If so, it has to be one of his
> children.

"I can snuff a Jedi with confidence now, without worrying about bothersome
pubic moisture!" - Count Dooku depends ad

> As for this boy band, some of you guys say "its only for a second in the

> background..blah blah blah" , I will believe that when I see it, that
camera
> will zoom in on them to give all the bored little girls a trill. Why have
this
> band in there at all if he isn't going to show them ? For his daughter?
Why
> not fly her off to a concert, get her backstage and forget it ? Is he
making a
> movie or playing daddy ? Lucas is turning Star Wars into a joke. Was
there
> any cameos of Devo in Return of the Jedi ? I don't remember seeing those
little
> red flower pot hats. what about the talking heads..were they there doing
that
> arm chop dance ?? Duran Duran ?? Did I blink and miss it ?

Lots of directors stick people in as extras as a favor. If he lingers on
them then I agree its stupid. They better be nothing more than background
material with no special significance whatsoever.

> Actually this all started back when Greedo shot first. Stupidity.

I agree, which is what's scary. Let's hope he proves us all dead wrong for
Ep2.

- Cryo

Cryofax

Jan 7, 2002, 10:53:33 AM1/7/02
"Robert Whelan" <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

I agree. A better choice by far would have been Eddie Murphy.

- Cryo

Rimrunner

Jan 7, 2002, 2:34:52 PM1/7/02

I don't know which of however many trailers it was, but it played up the
forbidden-romance aspect.

I think what's troubling me about it is that the whole notion of Jedi not
being allowed to love seems so left-field. That, and the trailer didn't
really generate a sense of excitement. Maybe a different trailer would;
not all of the LotR trailers were that interesting, and I love that movie.

-g,
ewan mcgregor looks rather odd with a beard, doesn't he?

HppyButchr

Jan 7, 2002, 4:14:44 PM1/7/02
> IMO the casting is off,
>> Palpy is the mastermind, he is the old geezer that is plotting
>everything, he
>> needs a strong pair of legs to do his bidding.. a maul like character to
>do his
>> dirty work..to kick ass. Lee kicking ass with a lightsaber is a joke..

But it was fine for the first three films which you put such stock in. Even
the youngest dueler, Mark Hammil was sloppy and clumsy at times.

~Jeremy
The happy Butcher

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 7, 2002, 6:59:44 PM1/7/02
in article 1wj_7.21412$Sf2.205086@rwcrnsc52, Cryofax at NoS...@NoSpam.com
wrote on 07.01.02 16:53:

> I agree. A better choice by far would have been Eddie Murphy.

Oh come on.

The part was WRITTEN for Adam Sandler. It's a travesty that he didn't play
Saruman.

--
Jostein H

Robert Whelan

Jan 7, 2002, 6:38:04 PM1/7/02

or just someone better than Christopher Lee.

AMSNYD

Jan 7, 2002, 7:57:43 PM1/7/02
Geez, AOTC must be the most resented film nobody has ever seen!
--
Aaron Snyder
asn...@mail.usmo.com or ams...@aol.com

Wes Hutchings

Jan 7, 2002, 8:08:07 PM1/7/02
AMSNYD has a wonderful sense of style when it comes to dickey's

Where were these people to warn me before battlefield earth?

wes

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 7, 2002, 8:14:52 PM1/7/02
in article B85F8677.18C4C%yyr...@cwnet.com, Wes Hutchings at
yyr...@cwnet.com wrote on 08.01.02 02:08:

> Where were these people to warn me before battlefield earth?

I can't believe John Travolta is playing the lead role!

Roger Christian has lost it!

--
Jostein H

Wes Hutchings

Jan 7, 2002, 8:31:35 PM1/7/02
Jostein Hakestad has a wonderful sense of style when it comes to dickey's

You're too late.

That was an example of a movie I was convinced was going to be good because
Travolta can play a good bad guy and since he worships Hubbard, how could he
do anything but his best work?

Now I know.

wes

DarthGumby

Jan 7, 2002, 9:00:43 PM1/7/02
On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:34:52 -0000, Rimrunner
telepathically conveyed:

>-g,
>ewan mcgregor looks rather odd with a beard, doesn't he?

The beard's fine, it's hair that's... well, hell's
bells, when's he going to get the Ben Kenobi haircut?

Gumby

Obi-Wan should have had black hair... and went around
dressed in tails... singing....

*snaps out of it*

ObeeKris

Jan 7, 2002, 9:03:25 PM1/7/02

I dunno. I think Jim Carrey could have done a pretty decent job with
it. Possibly Mike Meyers?

ObeeKris

Actually, I know the *perfect* casting choice for Saruman: Bobcat
Goldthwait!

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 7, 2002, 11:21:41 PM1/7/02
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, DarthGumby wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:34:52 -0000, Rimrunner
> telepathically conveyed:
>
> >-g,
> >ewan mcgregor looks rather odd with a beard, doesn't he?
>
> The beard's fine, it's hair that's... well, hell's
> bells, when's he going to get the Ben Kenobi haircut?

You mean the "rusty scissors and no mirror" look?

Robert Whelan

Jan 7, 2002, 11:52:23 PM1/7/02

Who the hell is General Madine?

Robert Whelan

Jan 8, 2002, 12:04:35 AM1/8/02
On 8 Jan 2002, AMSNYD wrote:

> Geez, AOTC must be the most resented film nobody has ever seen!

My theory is that it's left over resentment for Phantom Menace,
the film people wish they HADN'T seen.

Wes Hutchings

Jan 8, 2002, 12:25:15 AM1/8/02
Robert Whelan has a wonderful sense of style when it comes to dickey's

Look at who imagines he's people.

wes

Simon H. Lee

Jan 8, 2002, 12:39:11 AM1/8/02
DarthGumby <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> choreographed a chorus line of
high-kicking electrons to spell out:

"The hills are alive... with the sound of music..."

--
__ (-o-) <*> A L L D O N E! B Y E B Y E!
(__ * _ _ _ _

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 8, 2002, 12:56:06 AM1/8/02

You mean you don't KNOW? I thought EVERYBODY knew.

DarthGumby

Jan 8, 2002, 4:41:20 AM1/8/02
On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 05:39:11 GMT, Simon H. Lee
telepathically conveyed:

>DarthGumby <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> choreographed a chorus line of
>high-kicking electrons to spell out:
>>On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:34:52 -0000, Rimrunner
>>telepathically conveyed:
>>
>>>-g,
>>>ewan mcgregor looks rather odd with a beard, doesn't he?
>>
>>The beard's fine, it's hair that's... well, hell's
>>bells, when's he going to get the Ben Kenobi haircut?
>>
>>Gumby
>>
>>Obi-Wan should have had black hair... and went around
>>dressed in tails... singing....
>>
>>*snaps out of it*
>
> "The hills are alive... with the sound of music..."

*all eyes turn to Simon*

I like it!

Nothing funny, I just like talent.

Gumby

DarthGumby

Jan 8, 2002, 4:41:19 AM1/8/02
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:21:41 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
telepathically conveyed:

>On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, DarthGumby wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:34:52 -0000, Rimrunner
>> telepathically conveyed:
>>
>>>-g,
>>>ewan mcgregor looks rather odd with a beard, doesn't he?
>>
>> The beard's fine, it's hair that's... well, hell's
>> bells, when's he going to get the Ben Kenobi haircut?
>
>You mean the "rusty scissors and no mirror" look?

Yeah!

I mean... eh...

>Daniel O. Miller
>
>Here in my car,
>The image breaks down,
>Will you visit me please,
>If I open my door,
>In cars...

Gumby

DarthGumby

Jan 8, 2002, 4:41:18 AM1/8/02
On 06 Jan 2002 08:36:26 GMT, Maul 672 telepathically
conveyed:

<snip words>

Dude, enter key!

Anyway, remember the Leo as Anakin thing? Didn't
happen. Don't panic! :)

>see that.. AotC = A Jedi with a name of COUNT DOOKU that can fight off the
>most powerful jedi in the universe...riiiiiigggghhhhtttt! This was bad casting
>at the worst and whoever came up with that name should be shot.

It means Poison in Japanese.

Gumby

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 8, 2002, 5:24:38 AM1/8/02
in article B85F8BF7.18CA1%yyr...@cwnet.com, Wes Hutchings at
yyr...@cwnet.com wrote on 08.01.02 02:31:

> You're too late.
>
> That was an example of a movie I was convinced was going to be good because
> Travolta can play a good bad guy and since he worships Hubbard, how could he
> do anything but his best work?
>
> Now I know.

I didn't see this movie. I don't know anyone who saw it and liked it.

--
Jostein H

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 8, 2002, 5:27:28 AM1/8/02
in article 22f6e2db.02010...@posting.google.com, ObeeKris at
obee...@hotmail.com wrote on 08.01.02 03:03:

> I dunno. I think Jim Carrey could have done a pretty decent job with
> it. Possibly Mike Meyers?
>
> ObeeKris
>
> Actually, I know the *perfect* casting choice for Saruman: Bobcat
> Goldthwait!

ROTFL!

--
Jostein H

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 8, 2002, 5:35:45 AM1/8/02
in article Pine.GSO.4.21.020108...@amanda.dorsai.org,
Robert Whelan at rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org wrote on 08.01.02 06:04:

Speak for yourself.

--
Jostein H

Tucci

Jan 8, 2002, 8:00:28 AM1/8/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org>:

Nice try, Whelan, but if you are the fan of the original trilogy you
pretend to be, then you know the answer. To quote another long-time
troll here... how disingenuous of you.

M. Harris

Jan 8, 2002, 8:19:51 AM1/8/02
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 04:41:18 -0500 : DarthGumby says...

> On 06 Jan 2002 08:36:26 GMT, Maul 672 telepathically
> conveyed:
>
> <snip words>
>
> Dude, enter key!
>
> Anyway, remember the Leo as Anakin thing? Didn't
> happen. Don't panic! :)

Now that I know what I know, I think Lucas was *going* to put him in!

> >see that.. AotC = A Jedi with a name of COUNT DOOKU that can fight off the
> >most powerful jedi in the universe...riiiiiigggghhhhtttt! This was bad casting
> >at the worst and whoever came up with that name should be shot.
>
> It means Poison in Japanese.

Does it really?

> Gumby

Robert Whelan

Jan 8, 2002, 6:18:20 PM1/8/02
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Daniel Olin Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Robert Whelan wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Tucci wrote:
> >
> > > mau...@cs.com (Maul 672):
> > >
> > > Can't help you there. But I think it's safe to say that pretty much
> > > EVERYONE in this group knows who General Madine is, save for maybe
> > > three or four individuals. So your point is moot.
> >
> > Who the hell is General Madine?
>
> You mean you don't KNOW? I thought EVERYBODY knew.

Uh, is it that fish thing in ROTJ?

Robert Whelan

Jan 8, 2002, 6:20:39 PM1/8/02
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Daniel Olin Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Robert Whelan wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Tucci wrote:
> >
> > > mau...@cs.com (Maul 672):
> > >
> > > Can't help you there. But I think it's safe to say that pretty much
> > > EVERYONE in this group knows who General Madine is, save for maybe
> > > three or four individuals. So your point is moot.
> >
> > Who the hell is General Madine?
>
> You mean you don't KNOW? I thought EVERYBODY knew.

My first guess was the fish guy in ROTJ, my second guess
is that lady who intones about the "Bothans who died to
get us this information." But I never liked ROTJ enough
to let my mind fasten on the credits for information the
way I did with SW and Empire.

Tucci

Jan 8, 2002, 7:04:37 PM1/8/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org>:

Come on, Robert, you're not fooling anyone, you know.

Rich Handley
Spam Avoider

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 8, 2002, 7:00:54 PM1/8/02

All the cool people know.

Tucci

Jan 8, 2002, 7:05:28 PM1/8/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org>:

>My first guess was the fish guy in ROTJ, my second guess
>is that lady who intones about the "Bothans who died to
>get us this information." But I never liked ROTJ enough
>to let my mind fasten on the credits for information the
>way I did with SW and Empire.

Oh, for crying out loud. You're a lousy liar.

Rich Handley
Spam Avoider

Robert Whelan

Jan 8, 2002, 8:43:49 PM1/8/02

Why the hell would I lie about it, and why would you
care?

DarthGumby

Jan 8, 2002, 11:17:27 PM1/8/02
On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:00:28 GMT, Tucci telepathically
conveyed:

Oh but he thought the Madine film was an abomination...

The hair was a tad extreme, but I still don't agree on
the word choice.

Gumby

How in the hell can you only like the middle of a
story?

DarthGumby

Jan 8, 2002, 11:17:27 PM1/8/02
On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:19:51 GMT, M. Harris
telepathically conveyed:

>Tue, 08 Jan 2002 04:41:18 -0500 : DarthGumby says...
>> On 06 Jan 2002 08:36:26 GMT, Maul 672 telepathically
>> conveyed:
>>

>>>see that.. AotC = A Jedi with a name of COUNT DOOKU that can fight off the
>>>most powerful jedi in the universe...riiiiiigggghhhhtttt! This was bad casting
>>>at the worst and whoever came up with that name should be shot.
>>
>> It means Poison in Japanese.
>
>Does it really?

Yup. Well, Doku does, and that's how the name is
supposed to be pronounced (Dough-koo). Makes me wonder
why they changed the spelling. I read that on
theforce.net though, so it may turn out to be another
Darth Vader = Dark Father thing...

Gumby

Of course I know there'll be one character that
mispronounces it, starting a whole new Han/HAAAAAN
thing.

Maul 672

Jan 9, 2002, 1:18:27 AM1/9/02
I have thought about all the people with bad hair cuts and the only guy I can
come up with is the dude that gets choked by vader on the Death Star, but that
is just a guess. Not that important.

Maul 672

Jan 9, 2002, 1:34:06 AM1/9/02
no, episode IV, V, VI only had one old man with a lightsaber, Ben in IV. I just
can't believe a 80 year old actor could move in a way that would make a kick
ass fight scene. two words. Body Double. Lord forbid if we have a two against
one situation AGAIN.
As for the fights in V, VI.. I thought those were good enough. V was
impressive. Luke opening up on Vader at the end of RotJ was very impressive
given the day. I just can't see how we are supposed to believe that COUNT DOOKU
(aggh) could hold out against Anakin if he is as strong as he supposed to be,
Is he not supposed to be the MOST POWERFUL Jedi "THE ONE" above all others..
. We shall see I suppose.

Policrat'

Jan 9, 2002, 8:00:15 AM1/9/02
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Maul 672:

> above all others... We shall see I suppose.

At the risk of sounding predictable...

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

... he is his father

=)

Pol'

C'Pi

Jan 9, 2002, 9:38:17 AM1/9/02

"Maul 672" <mau...@cs.com> wrote in message

Then you obviously haven't thought of *all* the people with bad haircuts.

Besides that guy on the DS had a good haircut.

C'Pi

C'Pi

Jan 9, 2002, 9:40:57 AM1/9/02

"Policrat'" <policr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Damn. I wish I hadn't read that.

C'Pi

C'Pi

Jan 9, 2002, 9:47:08 AM1/9/02

"DarthGumby" <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:19:51 GMT, M. Harris
> telepathically conveyed:
>
> >Tue, 08 Jan 2002 04:41:18 -0500 : DarthGumby says...
> >> On 06 Jan 2002 08:36:26 GMT, Maul 672 telepathically
> >> conveyed:

> >> It means Poison in Japanese.
> >
> >Does it really?
>
> Yup. Well, Doku does, and that's how the name is
> supposed to be pronounced (Dough-koo). Makes me wonder
> why they changed the spelling. I read that on
> theforce.net though, so it may turn out to be another
> Darth Vader = Dark Father thing...

I always thought it was pronounced dew-ko. Which makes more sense to me
because the pronunciation for poison in Chinese sounds like dew.

C'Pi

ObeeKris

Jan 9, 2002, 2:13:31 PM1/9/02
mau...@cs.com (Maul 672) wrote:

> I just can't see how we are supposed to believe that COUNT DOOKU
> (aggh) could hold out against Anakin if he is as strong as he supposed to be,
> Is he not supposed to be the MOST POWERFUL Jedi "THE ONE" above all others..
> . We shall see I suppose.

It's an amazing thing what years of training, practice and constant
use can allow you to do. Anakin has only been at the Jedi thing for a
little while (10 years). I don't know how long he's had the
lightsaber, but I can't believe that it's been for the entire 10
years. Dooku, we don't know how long he's been doing his thing, but I
would think quite a long time, several decades I would imagine. So
he's got a hell of a lot more experience the Anakin. And that counts
for a hell of a lot. I speak from personal experience. I'm currently
taking fencing. Been doing it for about 6 months. My coach is a
woman who's been fencing for over 20 years. I am bigger, faster and
stronger than she is. And yet she wipes the floor with me *every*
time. I can barely touch her. So power don't mean diddly!

ObeeKris

Rainbow Heron

Jan 9, 2002, 6:31:23 PM1/9/02

Pssst...DG...that Sith- he's doing Dew and doo!

-Rainbow Heron
(sig sees Dooku is doing deux)

But can he do can-can? ;-)
http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page
Jell-o jigglers are like Gak
...except they don't make that fart noise.

C'Pi

Jan 9, 2002, 9:59:47 PM1/9/02

"Rainbow Heron" <rainbo...@ftc-i.net> wrote in message

Now don't start that again.

C'Pi

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 10, 2002, 12:18:25 AM1/10/02

A canner, exceedingly canny,
One morning remarked to his granny,
"A canner can can,
Anything that he can,
But a canner can't can a can, can he?"

Ay-yi-yi-yi,
In China they never grow chilly,
So sing me another verse
That's worse than the other verse
And waltz me around again, Willy!

Rainbow Heron

Jan 10, 2002, 2:31:20 AM1/10/02

<applauds wildly>

Funny :-D

-Rainbow Heron
(sig liked it)

Wow where'd that come from?

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Penny for your two cents?

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 10, 2002, 11:55:43 AM1/10/02
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:

> Wow where'd that come from?

From the vaults.

Oliver J. Hanau

Jan 10, 2002, 1:57:27 PM1/10/02
Robert Whelan wrote:

> Why the hell would I lie about it, and why would you
> care?

We care.

We all care.

We just do.

Oliver.

Tucci

Jan 10, 2002, 7:27:37 PM1/10/02
"Oliver J. Hanau" <o...@gmx.net>:

I care.

Rich Handley
Spam Avoider

DarthGumby

Jan 10, 2002, 8:57:52 PM1/10/02
On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:31:23 GMT, Rainbow Heron
telepathically conveyed:

>On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:47:08 +0800, "C'Pi" <jas...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>"DarthGumby" <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:19:51 GMT, M. Harris
>>> telepathically conveyed:

<Maul thinks Dooku's not a good name>

>>> Yup. Well, Doku does,

<snip the rest 'cause I've reread it 10 times and I was
wrong about how it's said anyway>

>>I always thought it was pronounced dew-ko. Which makes more sense to me
>>because the pronunciation for poison in Chinese sounds like dew.
>
>Pssst...DG...that Sith- he's doing Dew and doo!

Whoo-hoo!

I just hope Christopher Lee isn't wearing frilly green
and red bloomers under his Sith robes... or at least if
he is we never find out.

>-Rainbow Heron
>(sig sees Dooku is doing deux)
>
>But can he do can-can? ;-)

Well, if Anakin can do dew and can-can, then Dooku can
do dew and can-can.

He's had more time to do can-can, hasn't he?

>http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
>Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page
>Jell-o jigglers are like Gak
>...except they don't make that fart noise.

DG

"I think my brain hurts"
-- Prof. C.H. Gumby, from I, Gumby

DarthGumby

Jan 10, 2002, 8:57:38 PM1/10/02
On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:47:08 +0800, C'Pi telepathically
conveyed:

>"DarthGumby" <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:19:51 GMT, M. Harris
>> telepathically conveyed:
>>
>>>Tue, 08 Jan 2002 04:41:18 -0500 : DarthGumby says...

>>>Does it really?
>>
>> Yup. Well, Doku does, and that's how the name is
>> supposed to be pronounced (Dough-koo). Makes me wonder
>> why they changed the spelling. I read that on
>> theforce.net though, so it may turn out to be another
>> Darth Vader = Dark Father thing...
>
>I always thought it was pronounced dew-ko. Which makes more sense to me
>because the pronunciation for poison in Chinese sounds like dew.

I'll trust your pronunciation of it then, I read the
other on theforce.net, which I've completely given up
on as of today, aside from looking at their pretty
banners.

>C'Pi

DG

Hey, how do you say "Porkins rules all" in Chinese?

DarthGumby

Jan 10, 2002, 8:58:24 PM1/10/02
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:18:25 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
telepathically conveyed:

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, C'Pi wrote:

<COUNT DOOKU ... whoever came up with that name should

be shot.>

>>> Pssst...DG...that Sith- he's doing Dew and doo!
>>>
>>> -Rainbow Heron
>>> (sig sees Dooku is doing deux)
>>>
>>> But can he do can-can? ;-)
>>
>> Now don't start that again.
>
>A canner, exceedingly canny,
>One morning remarked to his granny,
>"A canner can can,
>Anything that he can,
>But a canner can't can a can, can he?"
>
>Ay-yi-yi-yi,
>In China they never grow chilly,
>So sing me another verse
>That's worse than the other verse
>And waltz me around again, Willy!

*DG falls to knees screaming and grabbing ears*

I just got that song out of my head!

Thanks for the proper words though, it's been a while
since I listened to Goin' Quackers.

DG

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 10, 2002, 10:28:46 PM1/10/02

You realize I hope that the song predates anything Disney?

C'Pi

Jan 10, 2002, 10:48:52 PM1/10/02

"DarthGumby" <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Don't trust me. It is more likely to be Japanese than Chinese.

> DG
>
> Hey, how do you say "Porkins rules all" in Chinese?

I don't know. I can say, Porkins si yi ge ta fei zhu.

Which means, Porkins is a big fat pig.

C'Pi

Rainbow Heron

Jan 11, 2002, 1:56:57 AM1/11/02
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:57:52 -0500, DarthGumby
<DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:31:23 GMT, Rainbow Heron
>telepathically conveyed:

><Maul thinks Dooku's not a good name>

><snip the rest 'cause I've reread it 10 times and I was
>wrong about how it's said anyway>
>>>
>>>I always thought it was pronounced dew-ko. Which makes more sense to me
>>>because the pronunciation for poison in Chinese sounds like dew.
>>
>>Pssst...DG...that Sith- he's doing Dew and doo!
>
>Whoo-hoo!
>
>I just hope Christopher Lee isn't wearing frilly green
>and red bloomers under his Sith robes... or at least if
>he is we never find out.

<'Puffs and Headless Horseman get a really bad visual that they didn't
need>

<Others majorly snicker watching their reactions>

>>-Rainbow Heron
>>(sig sees Dooku is doing deux)
>>
>>But can he do can-can? ;-)
>
>Well, if Anakin can do dew and can-can, then Dooku can
>do dew and can-can.
>
>He's had more time to do can-can, hasn't he?

Yep he sure has! And Obi-Wan could have taught the can-can part ot
Anakin too!

-Rainbow Heron
(sig says that if Ewanpuff did do dew and can-can with the others
that'd be deux deux)

"And without further ado due here's two deux deux's!"
(site update:)

Policrat'

Jan 11, 2002, 11:09:28 PM1/11/02
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark DarthGumby:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:18:25 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
> telepathically conveyed:

> <COUNT DOOKU ... whoever came up with that name should
> be shot.>

It's, um... Japanese for "Count Dracula", or something...

>>> Now don't start that again.
>>
>> A canner, exceedingly canny,
>> One morning remarked to his granny,
>> "A canner can can,
>> Anything that he can,
>> But a canner can't can a can, can he?"
>>
>> Ay-yi-yi-yi,
>> In China they never grow chilly,
>> So sing me another verse
>> That's worse than the other verse
>> And waltz me around again, Willy!
>
> *DG falls to knees screaming and grabbing ears*
>
> I just got that song out of my head!

Try trepanning...

> Thanks for the proper words though, it's been a while
> since I listened to Goin' Quackers.
>
> DG

Pol'

DarthGumby

Jan 12, 2002, 3:58:45 AM1/12/02
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:48:52 +0800, C'Pi telepathically
conveyed:

>"DarthGumby" <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<You say Doooooku, I say Doku, you say potato, I say
asteroid...>

>> I'll trust your pronunciation of it then, I read the
>> other on theforce.net, which I've completely given up
>> on as of today, aside from looking at their pretty
>> banners.
>
>Don't trust me. It is more likely to be Japanese than Chinese.

I'm just glad he isn't Dookie.

>> Hey, how do you say "Porkins rules all" in Chinese?
>
>I don't know. I can say, Porkins si yi ge ta fei zhu.
>
>Which means, Porkins is a big fat pig.

Um. Cool?

>C'Pi

DarthGumby

Jan 12, 2002, 3:58:47 AM1/12/02
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:28:46 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
telepathically conveyed:

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, DarthGumby wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:18:25 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
>> telepathically conveyed:
>>

>>>Ay-yi-yi-yi,
>>>In China they never grow chilly,
>>>So sing me another verse
>>>That's worse than the other verse
>>>And waltz me around again, Willy!
>>
>> *DG falls to knees screaming and grabbing ears*
>>
>> I just got that song out of my head!
>>
>> Thanks for the proper words though, it's been a while
>> since I listened to Goin' Quackers.
>
>You realize I hope that the song predates anything Disney?

Gosh yes! It's just the Larry Groce one is the only
recording I have. *sigh*

*hits Audiogalaxy in search of a copy that doesn't
sound like Mountain Stage on mind altering substances*

>Daniel O. Miller
>
>Here in my car,
>The image breaks down,
>Will you visit me please,
>If I open my door,
>In cars...

DG

C'Pi

Jan 12, 2002, 4:14:10 AM1/12/02

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:48:52 +0800, C'Pi telepathically
> conveyed:
>
> >"DarthGumby" <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Hey, how do you say "Porkins rules all" in Chinese?
> >
> >I don't know. I can say, Porkins si yi ge ta fei zhu.
> >
> >Which means, Porkins is a big fat pig.
>
> Um. Cool?

Absolutely!!

C'Pi

DarthGumby

Jan 17, 2002, 12:55:58 AM1/17/02
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:09:28 +0000, Policrat'
telepathically conveyed:

>Do not underestimate the power of the Dark DarthGumby:
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:18:25 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
>> telepathically conveyed:

>> <COUNT DOOKU ... whoever came up with that name should
>> be shot.>
>
>It's, um... Japanese for "Count Dracula", or something...

You think he'll bite Padmé and then Yoda will have to
go with her to cut his head off while Anakin, Obi-Wan
and Quincy, I mean Mace Windu destroy all his
furniture?

>>> Ay-yi-yi-yi,
>>> In China they never grow chilly,
>>> So sing me another verse
>>> That's worse than the other verse
>>> And waltz me around again, Willy!
>>
>> *DG falls to knees screaming and grabbing ears*
>>
>> I just got that song out of my head!
>
>Try trepanning...

*returns from hospital*

Thork!

<.sig isn't sure if this is an improvement or not>

>Pol'

DG

remove MyHelmet to e-mail me.
I want to look upon your e-mail... with my own eyes...
*wheeze*

--Anywhere my computer hangs is home

Policrat'

Jan 17, 2002, 7:49:07 PM1/17/02
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark DarthGumby:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:09:28 +0000, Policrat'
> telepathically conveyed:
>
>> Do not underestimate the power of the Dark DarthGumby:
>>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:18:25 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
>>> telepathically conveyed:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>> <COUNT DOOKU ... whoever came up with that name should
>>> be shot.>
>>
>> It's, um... Japanese for "Count Dracula", or something...
>
> You think he'll bite Padmé and then Yoda will have to
> go with her to cut his head off while Anakin, Obi-Wan
> and Quincy, I mean Mace Windu destroy all his
> furniture?

Hmm... logically, Tarkin should stab him through the heart with the Death
Star superlaser...

>>> *DG falls to knees screaming and grabbing ears*
>>>
>>> I just got that song out of my head!
>>
>> Try trepanning...
>
> *returns from hospital*
>
> Thork!
>
> <.sig isn't sure if this is an improvement or not>

The white 'kerchief with knotted corners hides the hole quite well...

> DG

[.sig hides!]

Pol'

DarthGumby

Jan 18, 2002, 6:51:43 PM1/18/02
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 00:49:07 +0000, Policrat'
telepathically conveyed:

>Do not underestimate the power of the Dark DarthGumby:
>> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:09:28 +0000, Policrat'
>> telepathically conveyed:
>>> Do not underestimate the power of the Dark DarthGumby:

>>> It's, um... Japanese for "Count Dracula", or something...
>>
>> You think he'll bite Padmé and then Yoda will have to
>> go with her to cut his head off while Anakin, Obi-Wan
>> and Quincy, I mean Mace Windu destroy all his
>> furniture?
>
>Hmm... logically, Tarkin should stab him through the heart with the Death
>Star superlaser...

True, true... but that would totally throw off the
canon, wouldn't it? Unless Dooku is imprisoned on the
day side of Alderaan when Tarkin swings by, then it all
works out.

We'll need an extra extra special edition for that.

>>> Try trepanning...
>>
>> *returns from hospital*
>>
>> Thork!
>>
>> <.sig isn't sure if this is an improvement or not>
>
>The white 'kerchief with knotted corners hides the hole quite well...

Don't I know it! It's been covering up the holes in my
head for many a year!

*accidentally hits self with wall*

>[.sig hides!]
>
>Pol'

DG

<.sig peeks out again>

Policrat'

Jan 19, 2002, 2:34:43 PM1/19/02

Don't go there... remember the last time RASSM had that discussion...

>>> *returns from hospital*
>>>
>>> Thork!
>>>
>>> <.sig isn't sure if this is an improvement or not>
>>
>> The white 'kerchief with knotted corners hides the hole quite well...
>
> Don't I know it! It's been covering up the holes in my
> head for many a year!
>
> *accidentally hits self with wall*

D'oh!

>> [.sig hides!]
>>
>> Pol'
>
> DG
>
> <.sig peeks out again>
>
> remove MyHelmet to e-mail me.
> I want to look upon your e-mail... with my own eyes...
> *wheeze*
>
> --Anywhere my computer hangs is home

... and *still* the best .sig on RASSM...

(sorry, RH)

Pol'

Rainbow Heron

Jan 29, 2002, 12:42:12 AM1/29/02
On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:34:43 +0000, Policrat'
<policr...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>(sorry, RH)

Huh? What? Who? When? Where? Huh? Why? I didn't do it I was out! What
Huh? When? I didn't see that!?! Whudidyasay? Whudidyou do? You didn't
steal my Cheerwine did you? Wha-?

<:::wwwWHACK!!::>

<ng sig majorly whacks RH on the head with the typo stick>

OW! Sonuva(*@^#%R@$^@ WHAT WAS *THAT* FOR?!?!

<ng sig says that RH ought to know>

Well don't look at ME I've been in Rhode Island for the past 2 weeks!
I haven't been online! *I* don't know what's going on! What's the big
deal? What happened?

<ng sig points to what Pol' said:>

>> remove MyHelmet to e-mail me.
>> I want to look upon your e-mail... with my own eyes...
>> *wheeze*
>>
>> --Anywhere my computer hangs is home
>
>... and *still* the best .sig on RASSM...
>
>(sorry, RH)

Huh? Is *THAT* it?! Well, that's just *your* problem ng sig!

<Pennysig, Gaksig, and the .sigerette tree start to grumble as well>

Hey don't look at me- y'all are the rebellious ones!

<Pennysig, Gaksig, and the .sigerette tree all eye ng sig>

Now if y'all would kindly put your .Siggy Pride back in the toy box
for a minute I can finish going thru the 2500+ individual messages all
over creation that I have to catch up on!

<Pennysig and Gaksig start kicking the toy box around the room while
grumbling>

<.sigerette tree is glad RH is home and goes off to the large window
to sun itself>

That's more like it...now on to message #1671+

-Rainbow Heron
(ng starts to pout about RH not taking it with her to RI)

Just over 840+ more to go- whoopie...

Hyde

Jan 29, 2002, 11:27:24 AM1/29/02
(Maul 672) wrote:

> You know, I have read all the books and seen all the movies
> many many times but the fact that you know who General Madine
> is just pointed out the real geek here.

Excuse me?

I don't see your point. Knowing who GM is doesn't exactly make you a
geek. It's right there in the movie. See it a couple of times and
you'll remember him.

Hyde
-specially the hairdo...
One sig to fool them all

Policrat'

Jan 29, 2002, 5:10:34 PM1/29/02
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Rainbow Heron:

Quite... =)

> -Rainbow Heron

Pol'