[Sith War IX] there, and not there.

Peter Hanely

Feb 19, 2002, 6:06:40 AM2/19/02
Unaware of R5-P1's actions, the Jedi Hacker continued his own hunt for
the mysterious
black falcon ship. He was continuing work on the 'reprogramming'
chamber when he
got notice from a seaker drone of an unusual congestion around RASSM
stadium. The
holographic systems on the chamber might not work with the universal
field cage system,
but they worked fine without, an made a snazzy telepresance chamber.

In an instant, the Jedi Hacker was 'floating' above a crowd trying to
squeez into the
stadium. A great many, he observed, were young, cute girls. Taking
direct control of
the drone, he flew past the crowd, over the wall, and into the stadium.
There, in the
distance, his... No. She had written to express disintrest. It would
be ungentlemanly
to force the matter. But nearby, ready to strike, a pikachu in jedi
robes, the very one
who assaulted them in SW 8.1. She may not want him, but he would not
stand by while
an innocent is assaulted by a perverse beast of Hawkins. Taking aim, he
fired the drones
weapons.

From across the city, seaker drones converged on the stadium. War was
afoot.

R5-P1, monitering things as usual, decided to add it's own 2 cents. It
accessed the
sonic inducer. The hacker would have it's circuits if it played
something to harm
innocents, but maybe there was another option. A quick check of stadium
booking
revieled that the group playing was N'Sync, the same group lamblasted by
Hawkins
crew. Maybe some of their stuff would have the desired effect.
Accessing a pirate
MP3 of their latest CD, it targeted and hit play.
any plans
Alice had.
- R5-P1 is treating those present to an early performance.

--
The Jedi Hacker
"A Jedi uses the code for queries and filters, never for cracks."

Rainbow Heron

Feb 19, 2002, 11:09:27 PM2/19/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:06:40 +0000, Peter Hanely
<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

>R5-P1, monitering things as usual, decided to add it's own 2 cents. It
>accessed the sonic inducer.

The sonic inducer was blown up by the Shaven Wookies in "[Sith War 9]
Up and Arms".

-Rainbow Heron
(sig calls Jedichu and others away from their dinner-and-movie and
back to Sith War action)

Looks like we're writing again!
http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page
Penny for your two cents?

Rainbow Heron

Feb 20, 2002, 2:37:18 AM2/20/02
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:06:40 +0000, Peter Hanely
<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

Hack-boy write:
>aking direct control of the drone, he flew past the crowd, over the wall,
>and into the stadium. There, in the distance, his... No. She had written
>to express disintrest. It would be ungentlemanly to force the matter. But
>nearby, ready to strike, a pikachu in jedi robes, the very one who assaulted

>hem in SW 8.1. She may not want him, but he would not stand by while
>an innocent is assaulted by a perverse beast of Hawkins. Taking aim, he
>fired the drones weapons.

<snip>

>- The Jedi Hacker has attacked Jedichu by remote, probably messing up
>any plans Alice had.

Well, it looks like we might as well get the main attack done.

<crosses fingers> Here goes...

===Part One: The Chances Are Remote===

Hot ROddish still hadn't come back and everyone was getting worried,
N'Sync would be here any minute.

Hawkins had fallen asleep as soon as he got there and Miller was
majorly preoccupied with the hordes of screaming girls ot be much
interested in the plan. So Alice and the Pokemon were pretty much in
charge. Outside, the Shaven Wookies that had come to act as security
for the concert were trying their best to ward off the screaming
teenage girls from getting into the backstage dressing rooms to steal
N'Sync "momentos" and the jealous boyfriends from getting to the
screaming teenage girls.

Their victory needed to be complete and one needed to persuade the
fans in order to do that.

Above the shouting outside, Alice and the Jigglypuffs were having one
hell of a time with their anxiety. The louder the screams, the closer
their prey came. PeterPika and Jedichu didn't seem to mind the
screaming so much as they did the waiting. N'Sync had purposely
delayed their enterance to drive up fan enthusiasm and to piss off the
jealous boyfriends.

Alice figdeted with her costume again. "Not only are they ruthless in
their promotion schemes, but they're incredibly rude as well. Why
anyone -much less thousands- would want to throw themselves at a bunch
of jerks is beyond me."

Jedichu walked around the stadium asking for status reports from the
various scattered Shaven Wookie guards when his sharp jedi reflexes
and sensitive Pikachu ears picked up something. It was small,
electronic, and following him.

He walked casually ahead a few paces to be sure, when suddenly it
fired upon him. With ligthning-quick reflexes he leaped into the air
out of range, ignited his lightsaber, and parried several rapidly
fired laser blasts.

Then without warning, it also shot a large stun blast as well. Jedichu
used a thundershock and met it halfway, making the stun blast
discharge harmlessly in the air. With another thundershock, Jedichu
zapped the little armed probe. It did little damage which surprised
Jedichu, but before it could rearm itself, he sliced it cleanly in
half.

When it hit the floor, he chopped it up into itsy bitsy teeny tiny
little pieces. "I doubt Ginsu could ever invent a knife that could do
a better job!" He said as he wpied the sweat off his brow.

He picked up one of the pieces of the fallen drone that had shot at
him, and concentrated. The enemy he had sensed earlier: the enemy was
nearby. If only he could've taken "no" for an answer. He'd keep a
closer watch on Alice.

===Part Two: A Grand Enterance===

Outside the stadium, N'Sync finally arrived. Their entrance was
unique: a large black cube floated down the street, over the crowd's
heads and the stadium seats and hoverd over the stage.

As soon as the cube entered the stadium, the doors were opened and
hundreds of thousands of screaming adoring fans poured in. Several of
the Shaven Wookies had to pick teenyboppers into the air to avoid
getting trrampled. Other girls weren't so lucky and ended up
understanding the full meaning of "It's not wise to upset a Wookie".

The seats were filled in record time, and everyone watched with awe as
the show began.

The large N'Sync space cube bobbed up and down in the air a few times
before spinning a few times. It then began to change different colors
until what resembled large tv screens unfolded themselves form the
sides of the sube and started playing a montage of N'Sync videos.

Then the upper part of the cube exploded in a display of pyrotecnic
marvel that would have made hard rockers cry, the 4th of July insanely
jealous, and Michael Jackson spontaneously turn black and wear jogging
sweats out of the sheer artistry of it.

Inside the cube, Jade, Gumby, and C'Pi were running around in panic as
they had made thier way not to the front entrance of the cube, but the
top where all the fireworks were being launched from.

"Ooo! Look at all the pretty colors!" Gumby squeaked in delight as it
picked up a couple of sparklers and tried to write out the lyrics to a
random Tom Waits song in the smoky air.

Jade was busy coughing, trying to hold its ears, and not get burned up
by the roman candles it had stumbled upon. "HOLY PORKINS! We're gonna
get roasted alive!!!"

C'Pi wasn't fairing any easier then the others. "How does one get off
thing thing?!" he screamed. Just then, the large canister he had been
standing on shot out a gargantuan-sized rocket (the largest yet) and
send C'Pi flying into the air hundreds of yeards above the stadium.

"Oh sh*t" all three Porkinites said to themselves.

===Part Three: Places Everyone!===

Backstage, Alice and the Jigglypuffs Seanpuff, Ianpuff, Hamillpuff,
and Ewanpuff watched the specatacle with admirations and disgust.

"All that bunch of nothing for a group of guys who can't even sing.
What a waste," Ianpuff shook his head.

"They sure know how to put on a show...a show of all pomp an dno
circumstance," Seanpuff scowled.

"Nice colors, can we keep some of the leftover fireworks?" Hamillpuff
asked expectedly.

"I'd like to barbeque 'em with those actually, " Ewanpuff stared
intently at the space cube where their intended prey would soon exit
from.

"Easy guys," Alice steadied them. "Don't get too carried away, now.
And save those voices, you're going to need 'em as you've never needed
them before tonght!" Alice hoped that if only Wiggly-tpough were
human, she'd wear the Britnety Spears costume instead, but she had
visions of ending up in the intesive care unit if she had ever been so
bold as to ask Wiggly-tough just that. Still Wiggly-tough would have
liked to see this.

"PeterPika, are the security cameras all set?"

"PIKA PIKA!!" PeterPika replied confidently.

"How about the generator and the transmitter?" Alice double-checked
nervously.

"PIKAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" PeterPika had taken care of everything and
scurried off to go man them.

Now if only they could find Hot ROddish. Alice knew he was somewhere
nearby as the indicator on her watch was blinking furiously.

Suddenly, a huge rocket blasted off into the air hundreds of yards
above the stadium.

Showtime!

============

...continued in part two...

-Rainbow Heron

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Who needs kids when you've got Pokémon?!

Peter Hanely

Feb 20, 2002, 5:39:57 AM2/20/02
Rainbow Heron wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:06:40 +0000, Peter Hanely
><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>
>>R5-P1, monitering things as usual, decided to add it's own 2 cents. It
>>accessed the sonic inducer.
>>

>The sonic inducer was blown up by the Shaven Wookies in "[Sith War 9]
>Up and Arms".
>
>-Rainbow Heron
>(sig calls Jedichu and others away from their dinner-and-movie and
>back to Sith War action)

Never saw that post. I'm guessing it never got to the local server.
Checking
groups.google.com, it's not there either.

Rainbow Heron

Feb 20, 2002, 3:12:50 PM2/20/02
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:39:57 +0000, Peter Hanely
<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

>Rainbow Heron wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:06:40 +0000, Peter Hanely
>><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>>
>>>R5-P1, monitering things as usual, decided to add it's own 2 cents. It
>>>accessed the sonic inducer.
>>>

>>The sonic inducer was blown up by the Shaven Wookies in "[Sith War 9]
>>Up and Arms".
>>
>>-Rainbow Heron
>>(sig calls Jedichu and others away from their dinner-and-movie and
>>back to Sith War action)
>>
>Never saw that post. I'm guessing it never got to the local server.
> Checking
>groups.google.com, it's not there either.

Crap. It showed up on mine. Well I had a bad feeling that was the case
so I transcribed it on my site:

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc/otherstories/sw9upandarms.txt

-Rainbow Heron
(sig hates it when that happens)

Should I repost it here too?

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Jell-o jigglers are like Gak
...except they don't make that fart noise.

Peter Hanely

Feb 20, 2002, 7:04:49 AM2/20/02
Rainbow Heron wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:39:57 +0000, Peter Hanely
><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>
>>Rainbow Heron wrote:

>>>The sonic inducer was blown up by the Shaven Wookies in "[Sith War 9]
>>>Up and Arms".
>>>
>>>-Rainbow Heron
>>>(sig calls Jedichu and others away from their dinner-and-movie and
>>>back to Sith War action)
>>>
>>Never saw that post. I'm guessing it never got to the local server.
>>Checking
>>groups.google.com, it's not there either.
>>

>Crap. It showed up on mine. Well I had a bad feeling that was the case
>so I transcribed it on my site:
>
>http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc/otherstories/sw9upandarms.txt
>
>-Rainbow Heron
>(sig hates it when that happens)
>
>Should I repost it here too?

Please. And include a note that it's a repost, with origional date.

Peter Hanely

Feb 20, 2002, 7:09:13 AM2/20/02
Rainbow Heron wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:39:57 +0000, Peter Hanely
><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>
>>Rainbow Heron wrote:

>>>The sonic inducer was blown up by the Shaven Wookies in "[Sith War 9]
>>>Up and Arms".
>>>
>>>-Rainbow Heron
>>>(sig calls Jedichu and others away from their dinner-and-movie and
>>>back to Sith War action)
>>>
>>Never saw that post. I'm guessing it never got to the local server.
>>Checking
>>groups.google.com, it's not there either.
>>

>Crap. It showed up on mine. Well I had a bad feeling that was the case
>so I transcribed it on my site:
>
>http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc/otherstories/sw9upandarms.txt
>
>-Rainbow Heron
>(sig hates it when that happens)

please reread http://www.calweb.com/~hanelyp/SW/Chateau_des_Ordinateurs.html
The sonic inducer was onboard a ship in orbit.
(the continuity policeman in me coming out)

Rainbow Heron

Feb 20, 2002, 4:56:00 PM2/20/02
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:09:13 +0000, Peter Hanely
<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

>please reread http://www.calweb.com/~hanelyp/SW/Chateau_des_Ordinateurs.html
>The sonic inducer was onboard a ship in orbit.

I did. I also read the stories and it looks to me like something must
have been oustide the ship on the receiving end of the signal and thus
making all the noise.

>(the continuity policeman in me coming out)

<the continuity policewoman in me coming out:>

#1- Nothing but Shaven Wookies when you started up that loudspeaker
the second time.

#2- Alright then, compromise: whatever it was -whether it be called a
"sonic inducer" or not- it was that really big speaker you had
floating in the sky that was the thing destroyed.

Wouldn't make much sense to keep the speaker inside your ship when you
turn it on else you'd be attacking yourself so it had to be outside
the ship and pointed towards the fortress.

#3- Isn't chain maile made of metal? Metal conducts electricity.

#4- If you're wondering about Dan'l's bomb, my guess is it exploded
over the woods which would explain why the Snow Fortress is still
standing.

-Rainbow Heron
(sig would think it'd be pretty loud inside Hacker's ship if the
speaker with the loud music was *in there*)

Better? :-)

Peter Hanely

Feb 20, 2002, 9:29:48 AM2/20/02
Rainbow Heron wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:09:13 +0000, Peter Hanely
><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>
>>please reread http://www.calweb.com/~hanelyp/SW/Chateau_des_Ordinateurs.html
>>The sonic inducer was onboard a ship in orbit.
>>

>I did. I also read the stories and it looks to me like something must
>have been oustide the ship on the receiving end of the signal and thus
>making all the noise.
>
>>(the continuity policeman in me coming out)
>>

><the continuity policewoman in me coming out:>
>
>#1- Nothing but Shaven Wookies when you started up that loudspeaker
>the second time.
>
>#2- Alright then, compromise: whatever it was -whether it be called a
>"sonic inducer" or not- it was that really big speaker you had
>floating in the sky that was the thing destroyed.
>
>Wouldn't make much sense to keep the speaker inside your ship when you
>turn it on else you'd be attacking yourself so it had to be outside
>the ship and pointed towards the fortress.

I was thinking ports for the modulated tractor beams to escape through.
Having it outside for operation would save the ship from its destruction.
In any case, it would be hard to hit by slingshot in orbit.

>#3- Isn't chain maile made of metal? Metal conducts electricity.

Yes it does, making a nice faraday cage, good protection from lightning and
simular electric threats.

>#4- If you're wondering about Dan'l's bomb, my guess is it exploded
>over the woods which would explain why the Snow Fortress is still
>standing.

I figured its quantum armor would reduce the impact to a LOUD thud.

>-Rainbow Heron
>(sig would think it'd be pretty loud inside Hacker's ship if the
>speaker with the loud music was *in there*)
>
>Better? :-)

Rainbow Heron

Feb 21, 2002, 12:05:09 AM2/21/02
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:29:48 +0000, Peter Hanely
<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

>Rainbow Heron wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:09:13 +0000, Peter Hanely
>><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>>
>>>please reread http://www.calweb.com/~hanelyp/SW/Chateau_des_Ordinateurs.html
>>>The sonic inducer was onboard a ship in orbit.
>>>

>>I did. I also read the stories and it looks to me like something must
>>have been oustide the ship on the receiving end of the signal and thus
>>making all the noise.
>>
>>>(the continuity policeman in me coming out)
>>>

>><the continuity policewoman in me coming out:>
>>
>>#1- Nothing but Shaven Wookies when you started up that loudspeaker
>>the second time.
>>
>>#2- Alright then, compromise: whatever it was -whether it be called a
>>"sonic inducer" or not- it was that really big speaker you had
>>floating in the sky that was the thing destroyed.
>>
>>Wouldn't make much sense to keep the speaker inside your ship when you
>>turn it on else you'd be attacking yourself so it had to be outside
>>the ship and pointed towards the fortress.
>>
>I was thinking ports for the modulated tractor beams to escape through.
>Having it outside for operation would save the ship from its destruction.
>In any case, it would be hard to hit by slingshot in orbit.

You haven't seen a royally pissed off Shaven Wookie lately have you?

(I think the Jigglypuff allergy is making them a bit more edgy than
normal)

>>#3- Isn't chain maile made of metal? Metal conducts electricity.
>>
>Yes it does, making a nice faraday cage, good protection from lightning and
>simular electric threats.

What metal are you using (if I may be so bold to ask)?

>>#4- If you're wondering about Dan'l's bomb, my guess is it exploded
>>over the woods which would explain why the Snow Fortress is still
>>standing.
>>
>I figured its quantum armor would reduce the impact to a LOUD thud.

Just checking.

-Rainbow Heron
(sig does NOT want to piss off those Wookies right now)

Trust me, after about 4-7 years straight of idiots coming by at all
hours of the day AND night with insanely loud subwoofers...I'd've hit
something a ridiculously long way away if I had a big enough slinghot
on hand and angry Wookie strength.

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Daniel O. Miller

Feb 21, 2002, 12:49:49 AM2/21/02
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:

> >>#4- If you're wondering about Dan'l's bomb, my guess is it exploded
> >>over the woods which would explain why the Snow Fortress is still
> >>standing.
> >>
> >I figured its quantum armor would reduce the impact to a LOUD thud.
>
> Just checking.

FWIW, the aformentioned Thor vehicle has no warhead besides its mass and
its speed. Do the math: E_k = 1/2 m v^2, heh heh heh. Upon impact with
something solid, it will convert its kinetic energy to heat. The effect
is equivalent to a nuclear strike, but without all those messy gamma rays.

This is, coincidentally, how a missile interceptor works as well. Those
with fast internet connections can cruise on over to
http://www.acq.osd.mil/bmdo/bmdolink/html/video.html
for some cool stuff. Those with a connection like mine can go to
http://www.acq.osd.mil/bmdo/bmdolink/html/images.html.

Yrs. trly. is working on some of this stuff, as is occasional RASSM
personality and early Sith War hero Eric Bycer.

Daniel O. "Boom today!" Miller

"Does this look familiar? Do you know what it is? Neither do I! I made
it last night in my sleep. Apparently I used gindrogac - highly unstable!
I put a button on it, yes? I wish to press it, but I'm not sure what will
happen if I do..." - Gune

Rainbow Heron

Feb 21, 2002, 1:11:04 AM2/21/02
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:49:49 -0800, "Daniel O. Miller"
<dmil...@ridgenet.net> wrote:

>> >I figured its quantum armor would reduce the impact to a LOUD thud.
>>
>> Just checking.
>
>FWIW, the aformentioned Thor vehicle has no warhead besides its mass and
>its speed. Do the math: E_k = 1/2 m v^2, heh heh heh.

ARGH!!!!!! You're making my brain hurt!!

>Upon impact with something solid, it will convert its kinetic energy to heat.

Out of morbid curiosity, what about if it strikes something liquid?
Besides making a hell of a big splash.

>The effect is equivalent to a nuclear strike, but without all those messy gamma rays.

Ah! Quite nice indeed! (you finally explained it in terms my poor
hurting brain can understand)

>This is, coincidentally, how a missile interceptor works as well. Those
>with fast internet connections can cruise on over to
>http://www.acq.osd.mil/bmdo/bmdolink/html/video.html
>for some cool stuff. Those with a connection like mine can go to
>http://www.acq.osd.mil/bmdo/bmdolink/html/images.html.

Too tired to go surfing.

>Yrs. trly. is working on some of this stuff

This from the guy who's sitting on my fence? I'm not sure whether to
feel threatened or secure...

>as is occasional RASSM personality and early Sith War hero Eric Bycer.

Who? Story please?

<RH/Alice, sigs, .sigerette tree, Pokemon, and Headless Horseman all
sit down to wait for the story>

-Rainbow Heron
(sig could a story right now as it's tired of listening to RH complain
about her acid reflux)

At least I get to play with the Jello. Ooo! Cherry-flavored!

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Daniel O. Miller

Feb 21, 2002, 11:01:50 AM2/21/02
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:

> >Upon impact with something solid, it will convert its kinetic energy to heat.
>
> Out of morbid curiosity, what about if it strikes something liquid?
> Besides making a hell of a big splash.

Boom. At that speed dirt and water don't amount to much difference.

> >Yrs. trly. is working on some of this stuff
>
> This from the guy who's sitting on my fence? I'm not sure whether to
> feel threatened or secure...

<zen> concentrate, and you can separate IRL from RASSM... </zen>

> >as is occasional RASSM personality and early Sith War hero Eric Bycer.
>
> Who? Story please?

He essentially hijacked the first Sith War in a mad flurry of posts and
brought it to an end (IMO prematurely...). His character was Gretel Many.

Daniel O. Miller

Peter Hanely

Feb 21, 2002, 5:30:37 AM2/21/02
Rainbow Heron wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:29:48 +0000, Peter Hanely
><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>
>>Rainbow Heron wrote:
>>

>>Peter wrote: In any case, it would be hard to hit by slingshot in orbit.

>You haven't seen a royally pissed off Shaven Wookie lately have you?
>
>(I think the Jigglypuff allergy is making them a bit more edgy than
>normal)
>
>>>#3- Isn't chain maile made of metal? Metal conducts electricity.
>>>
>>Yes it does, making a nice faraday cage, good protection from lightning and
>>simular electric threats.
>>

>What metal are you using (if I may be so bold to ask)?

Ask the hacker, Mithril. Ask his droids who made it, titanium.

>Just checking.
>
>-Rainbow Heron
>(sig does NOT want to piss off those Wookies right now)

Rainbow Heron

Feb 22, 2002, 3:11:55 PM2/22/02

PLEASE IGNORE THE FOLLOWING REPOST- my computer has started acting up
again. Unfortunately, there are more of these, and believe you me I
hate this too >:-P~

<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

>R5-P1, monitering things as usual, decided to add it's own 2 cents. It
>accessed the sonic inducer.

The sonic inducer was blown up by the Shaven Wookies in "[Sith War 9]
Up and Arms".

-Rainbow Heron
(sig calls Jedichu and others away from their dinner-and-movie and
back to Sith War action)

Looks like we're writing again!

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Rainbow Heron

Feb 22, 2002, 3:12:39 PM2/22/02

<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

>Rainbow Heron wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:06:40 +0000, Peter Hanely
>><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>>
>>>R5-P1, monitering things as usual, decided to add it's own 2 cents. It
>>>accessed the sonic inducer.
>>>

>>The sonic inducer was blown up by the Shaven Wookies in "[Sith War 9]
>>Up and Arms".
>>
>>-Rainbow Heron
>>(sig calls Jedichu and others away from their dinner-and-movie and
>>back to Sith War action)
>>
>Never saw that post. I'm guessing it never got to the local server.
> Checking
>groups.google.com, it's not there either.

Crap. It showed up on mine. Well I had a bad feeling that was the case

so I transcribed it on my site:

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc/otherstories/sw9upandarms.txt

-Rainbow Heron
(sig hates it when that happens)

Should I repost it here too?

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Rainbow Heron

Feb 22, 2002, 3:13:22 PM2/22/02

<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

>please reread http://www.calweb.com/~hanelyp/SW/Chateau_des_Ordinateurs.html
>The sonic inducer was onboard a ship in orbit.

I did. I also read the stories and it looks to me like something must

have been oustide the ship on the receiving end of the signal and thus
making all the noise.

>(the continuity policeman in me coming out)

<the continuity policewoman in me coming out:>

Rainbow Heron

Feb 22, 2002, 3:14:34 PM2/22/02

<han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:

>Rainbow Heron wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:09:13 +0000, Peter Hanely
>><han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
>>
>>>please reread http://www.calweb.com/~hanelyp/SW/Chateau_des_Ordinateurs.html
>>>The sonic inducer was onboard a ship in orbit.
>>>

>>I did. I also read the stories and it looks to me like something must
>>have been oustide the ship on the receiving end of the signal and thus
>>making all the noise.
>>
>>>(the continuity policeman in me coming out)
>>>

>><the continuity policewoman in me coming out:>
>>
>>#1- Nothing but Shaven Wookies when you started up that loudspeaker
>>the second time.
>>
>>#2- Alright then, compromise: whatever it was -whether it be called a
>>"sonic inducer" or not- it was that really big speaker you had
>>floating in the sky that was the thing destroyed.
>>
>>Wouldn't make much sense to keep the speaker inside your ship when you
>>turn it on else you'd be attacking yourself so it had to be outside
>>the ship and pointed towards the fortress.
>>
>I was thinking ports for the modulated tractor beams to escape through.
>Having it outside for operation would save the ship from its destruction.
>In any case, it would be hard to hit by slingshot in orbit.

You haven't seen a royally pissed off Shaven Wookie lately have you?

(I think the Jigglypuff allergy is making them a bit more edgy than
normal)

>>#3- Isn't chain maile made of metal? Metal conducts electricity.

>Yes it does, making a nice faraday cage, good protection from lightning and
>simular electric threats.

What metal are you using (if I may be so bold to ask)?

>>#4- If you're wondering about Dan'l's bomb, my guess is it exploded

>>over the woods which would explain why the Snow Fortress is still
>>standing.
>>
>I figured its quantum armor would reduce the impact to a LOUD thud.

Just checking.

-Rainbow Heron
(sig does NOT want to piss off those Wookies right now)

Trust me, after about 4-7 years straight of idiots coming by at all

hours of the day AND night with insanely loud subwoofers...I'd've hit
something a ridiculously long way away if I had a big enough slinghot
on hand and angry Wookie strength.

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Rainbow Heron

Feb 22, 2002, 3:15:21 PM2/22/02

<dmil...@ridgenet.net> wrote:

>> >I figured its quantum armor would reduce the impact to a LOUD thud.
>>
>> Just checking.
>
>FWIW, the aformentioned Thor vehicle has no warhead besides its mass and
>its speed. Do the math: E_k = 1/2 m v^2, heh heh heh.

ARGH!!!!!! You're making my brain hurt!!

>Upon impact with something solid, it will convert its kinetic energy to heat.

Out of morbid curiosity, what about if it strikes something liquid?

Besides making a hell of a big splash.

>The effect is equivalent to a nuclear strike, but without all those messy gamma rays.

Ah! Quite nice indeed! (you finally explained it in terms my poor
hurting brain can understand)

>This is, coincidentally, how a missile interceptor works as well. Those

>with fast internet connections can cruise on over to
>http://www.acq.osd.mil/bmdo/bmdolink/html/video.html
>for some cool stuff. Those with a connection like mine can go to
>http://www.acq.osd.mil/bmdo/bmdolink/html/images.html.

Too tired to go surfing.

>Yrs. trly. is working on some of this stuff

This from the guy who's sitting on my fence? I'm not sure whether to
feel threatened or secure...

>as is occasional RASSM personality and early Sith War hero Eric Bycer.

Who? Story please?

<RH/Alice, sigs, .sigerette tree, Pokemon, and Headless Horseman all
sit down to wait for the story>

-Rainbow Heron
(sig could a story right now as it's tired of listening to RH complain
about her acid reflux)

At least I get to play with the Jello. Ooo! Cherry-flavored!

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Rainbow Heron

Feb 22, 2002, 3:18:23 PM2/22/02

PLEASE IGNORE THE FOLLOWING REPOST- my computer has started acting up
again. Unfortunately, there are more of these, and believe you me I
hate this too. Major PITA and great inconvenience to everyone...think
I'll put my computer in detention for a while... >:-P~

Rainbow Heron

Feb 22, 2002, 4:06:59 PM2/22/02
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:01:50 -0800, "Daniel O. Miller"
<dmil...@ridgenet.net> wrote:

>> >Upon impact with something solid, it will convert its kinetic energy to heat.
>>
>> Out of morbid curiosity, what about if it strikes something liquid?
>> Besides making a hell of a big splash.
>
>Boom.

Eh heh heh... :-)

>At that speed dirt and water don't amount to much difference.

Yeah water feels like concrete at that speed. <ouch>

>> >Yrs. trly. is working on some of this stuff
>>
>> This from the guy who's sitting on my fence? I'm not sure whether to
>> feel threatened or secure...
>
><zen> concentrate, and you can separate IRL from RASSM... </zen>

Wait, you mean to tell me you're out there **IRL**?!?!?!

I wondered who the quiet new neighbor was...

<checks window>

>> >as is occasional RASSM personality and early Sith War hero Eric Bycer.
>>
>> Who? Story please?
>
>He essentially hijacked the first Sith War in a mad flurry of posts and
>brought it to an end (IMO prematurely...). His character was Gretel Many.

"Gretel Many"...I think I remember that name...vaguely...

-Rainbow Heron
(sig makes note that RH should finish reading the archives some time
this century)

Good idea ng sig...

Daniel O. Miller

Feb 22, 2002, 4:28:40 PM2/22/02
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:

> Wait, you mean to tell me you're out there **IRL**?!?!?!
>
> I wondered who the quiet new neighbor was...
>
> <checks window>

<waves, but not IRL>

Rainbow Heron

Feb 22, 2002, 5:27:52 PM2/22/02
On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:28:40 -0800, "Daniel O. Miller"
<dmil...@ridgenet.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:
>
>> Wait, you mean to tell me you're out there **IRL**?!?!?!
>>
>> I wondered who the quiet new neighbor was...
>>
>> <checks window>
>
><waves, but not IRL>

<waves back, but not IRL>

-Rainbow Heron
(sigs are still hiding in the bunker)

Nosmurfatu

Mar 17, 2002, 10:21:59 PM3/17/02
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:37:18 GMT, Rainbow Heron crept
up behind me and wrote on the nearest wall:

Talk about not checking the outbox.

(send is for send, save is for not send...*grumble*)

>"Ooo! Look at all the pretty colors!" Gumby squeaked in delight as it
>picked up a couple of sparklers and tried to write out the lyrics to a
>random Tom Waits song in the smoky air.

ROTFLOL!

<.sigs also giggle>

<snip the rest to protect it from the 'bots o'
annoyance>

DG

Rainbow Heron

Mar 19, 2002, 1:08:30 AM3/19/02
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:21:59 -0500, Nosmurfatu
<I'veGot...@Yippee.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:37:18 GMT, Rainbow Heron crept
>up behind me and wrote on the nearest wall:
>
>Talk about not checking the outbox.
>
>(send is for send, save is for not send...*grumble*)

I wonder if you can send for save?

>>"Ooo! Look at all the pretty colors!" Gumby squeaked in delight as it
>>picked up a couple of sparklers and tried to write out the lyrics to a
>>random Tom Waits song in the smoky air.
>
>ROTFLOL!
>
><.sigs also giggle>

<RH bows>

-Rainbow Heron
(sig bows too and wonders if there are any sparklers left over)

'Bots...'bots are bad...'bots are very bad...Y/G/e 'bots are VERY very
bad!!!

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

I'm gonna kick their asses! And then I'm gonna kick their butts!
And when I'm done kicking their donkeys and cigarettes,
I'm gonna kick THEM!

Mark Brown

Mar 24, 2002, 5:06:26 PM3/24/02
"Rainbow Heron" <rainbo...@ftc-i.net> wrote in message

> On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:21:59 -0500, Nosmurfatu
> <I'veGot...@Yippee.com> wrote:
> >(send is for send, save is for not send...*grumble*)
> I wonder if you can send for save?

"Collect and save! Collect and save!" --Wreck-Gar (techspec quote)

Mark
"Wandering past."