[Sith War IX] Paperwork is an adventure best left to those with metal hands.

DarthGumby

Jan 28, 2002, 5:26:41 AM1/28/02
This starts before A New Arrival and then catches up
to... now. (Me likes prequel work. Gives me a place
to stop.)

Gumby waved back at the penguin. It was awfully cute
and Gumby secretly wondered if it was currently
'attached' to either the human or the other penguin.
After a few moments of thinking this with a slightly
dumb grin on its face, Gumby saw the penguin blink and
turn to its friend.

A stiff breeze was blowing, downwind of the food court
district of RASSM city. That had been the cause of the
goofy grin Muuurgh wore, although Gumby, suffering from
a stuffy nose after the crying fit it had upon
discovering Jade gone, started to feel a little
jealous.

Just before Gumby shouted at Muuurgh that he couldn't
eat the penguins some rogue papers came flying in the
direction of the Porkinites and the travelers.

An ad struck ObeeKris in the face and he read it as
Gumby and Muuurgh stood thrashing their arms at the
airborne paper.

Two large bits of newspaper caught Gumby square in the
face and it took all of Muuurgh's strength to pull the
paper off Gumby's head. While they were occupied with
the newspaper attack, ObeeKris nudged one penguin on
the shoulder, showing him the ad. The other penguin
peered over at the ad as well and after a short
conference they walked away from the Porkinites.

"Oooh! There's a sale on karaoke equipment at Chateau
des Ordinateurs!" Gumby gleefully shouted.

"Hacker's place? He went back to work after he escaped?
Why didn't any of us think to look there? And why
would you even set foot in that place?" Muuurgh
questioned, making Gumby blink nervously.

"Well, it has balance control..." Gumby pointed weakly
at the karaoke machine. "I used to know someone, well,
we used to write to each other..."

"Gumb, Jade's run away, maybe never to be seen again,
and you're looking for party supplies?" Muuurgh's brow
creased. "Hey, where'd that guy go?"

Gumby looked around. It had also misplaced its
spectacles during the crying spell and couldn't tell
the whirling newspaper bits from the people walking on
the streets.

"Eh..." It said.

"Hmm." Muuurgh said.

"Want coffee?" Gumby offered. It was recovering from
its reprogramming quite well.

"I prefer boiled catnip." Muuurgh reminded.

"#$!!, I forgot." Gumby snapped. It hadn't completely
recovered.

*************

Gumby returned to grinning idiotically at ObeeKris'
penguins. They were growing tired of it and gestured
at ObeeKris.

He cleared his throat and asked if anyone had seen his
wallet.

Nesha and Muuurgh shook their heads and Gumby blurted
out "We can't even see our feet! Ha! Heh... eh. No,
sorry." Gumby looked in the general direction of its
feet and shuffled a bit.

"So... you've been... driving around?" ObeeKris asked,
desperately trying to draw Gumby's gaze away from
Henson.

"We're searching for our Archon." Muuurgh began.

"Is that like a car or something?" ObeeKris asked, as
Henson and Sara looked from him to the Porkinites.

After a jolly good laugh, Gumby told him. "No, Jade,
beloved leader of the Porkinites. We fear it has been
taken prisoner by a boy band."

"C'Pi was taken too. Although..." Nesha trailed off,
wincing slightly at the memory of her vision.

"Oh, so you're the Porkinites. Hey, so anything to
eat?" ObeeKris half joked.

Gumby brightened a bit at that. "Sure, we could have a
second dinner!" Edging closer to Sara, Gumby said, "we
would be honored if you would join us." then began to
giggle at its sick little in joke.

Muuurgh and Nesha eyed ObeeKris. "You do look a little
thin..." Nesha began. "But we can change that. If
you'd like." Muuurgh smiled. "Is Porkins your Daddy?"

- - - - - -
1.
I filled in the blank of what happened ObeeKris, the
penguins, Gumby and Muuurgh at the fountain with the
exorcised demon of a scene from Brazil.

2.
Gumby thinks the penguins are cute, although it appears
not to realize it's attracted to Henson.

3.
Nesha, Muuurgh and Gumby have asked ObeeKris to join
them for dinner and to join the Porkinites in a sneaky
sort of way.

4.
If anyone wants to follow up on the Karaoke machine ad,
go ahead. I think we may need it in our coming battle.

5.
I'm really late with this post.

6.
I have no idea where the title came from.

DG

ObeeKris

Jan 30, 2002, 12:52:07 AM1/30/02
DarthGumby <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This starts before A New Arrival and then catches up
> to... now. (Me likes prequel work. Gives me a place
> to stop.)
>
> Gumby waved back at the penguin. It was awfully cute
> and Gumby secretly wondered if it was currently
> 'attached' to either the human or the other penguin.
> After a few moments of thinking this with a slightly
> dumb grin on its face, Gumby saw the penguin blink and
> turn to its friend.

> Just before Gumby shouted at Muuurgh that he couldn't

> eat the penguins some rogue papers came flying in the
> direction of the Porkinites and the travelers.

<snip>

> Gumby returned to grinning idiotically at ObeeKris'
> penguins. They were growing tired of it and gestured
> at ObeeKris.

<snip>

> 1.
> I filled in the blank of what happened ObeeKris, the
> penguins, Gumby and Muuurgh at the fountain with the
> exorcised demon of a scene from Brazil.
>
> 2.
> Gumby thinks the penguins are cute, although it appears
> not to realize it's attracted to Henson.

Ummmmm, just a word of warning/ safety precaution for ya Gumb..... The
penguins look cute and friendly, and most times they are, but they can
get pretty dangerous at times. I've seen them stare down bears that
thought they would make a nice snack. Guess who won? They're sneaky
too. A penguin beak to the groin has a way of incapacitating a
person. They're also skilled. Sara *IS* my fencing coach. She's
deadly with pretty much any bladed weapon. Henson prefers the staff,
and is just as skilled. They've got a number of other tricks too, but
if I say any more, I'll most likely be at the receiving end of a few
of them.

ObeeKris

Oh yeah, one last thing. If you see them reaching for the bag over my
shoulder, start putting some distance put yourself and them.
Just a warning so you don't end up as Purple Penguin Chow (tm).

Peter Hanely

Jan 30, 2002, 6:39:21 AM1/30/02
ObeeKris wrote:

>>2.
>>Gumby thinks the penguins are cute, although it appears
>>not to realize it's attracted to Henson.
>>

>Ummmmm, just a word of warning/ safety precaution for ya Gumb..... The
>penguins look cute and friendly, and most times they are, but they can
>get pretty dangerous at times. I've seen them stare down bears that
>thought they would make a nice snack. Guess who won? They're sneaky
>too. A penguin beak to the groin has a way of incapacitating a
>person. They're also skilled. Sara *IS* my fencing coach. She's
>deadly with pretty much any bladed weapon.

Anyway I could borrow Sara? My fencing skills, as evidenced by an
encounter with
Tilson, could use some work.

I wonder what happened to the penguin I =thought= was helping run the shop.
Can't miss him. About 4 foot tall, tophat, wastecoat.

--
The Jedi Hacker
"A Jedi uses the code for queries and filters, never for cracks."

ObeeKris

Jan 30, 2002, 9:36:18 PM1/30/02
Peter Hanely <han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote:
> ObeeKris wrote:
>

> >>2.
> >>Gumby thinks the penguins are cute, although it appears
> >>not to realize it's attracted to Henson.
> >>

> >Ummmmm, just a word of warning/ safety precaution for ya Gumb..... The
> >penguins look cute and friendly, and most times they are, but they can
> >get pretty dangerous at times. I've seen them stare down bears that
> >thought they would make a nice snack. Guess who won? They're sneaky
> >too. A penguin beak to the groin has a way of incapacitating a
> >person. They're also skilled. Sara *IS* my fencing coach. She's
> >deadly with pretty much any bladed weapon.
> >
> Anyway I could borrow Sara? My fencing skills, as evidenced by an
> encounter with
> Tilson, could use some work.

What happened with Tilson? I'm taking the wild guess that you lost?

> I wonder what happened to the penguin I =thought= was helping run the shop.
> Can't miss him. About 4 foot tall, tophat, wastecoat.

Sorry, didn't see another penguin.

ObeeKris
I'll keep my eyes open though. What's your penguin's name?

DarthGumby

Jan 30, 2002, 9:51:01 PM1/30/02
On 29 Jan 2002 21:52:07 -0800, ObeeKris telepathically
conveyed:

>DarthGumby <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Gumby waved back at the penguin. It was awfully cute
>> and Gumby secretly wondered if it was currently
>> 'attached' to either the human or the other penguin.
>>

>> 2.
>> Gumby thinks the penguins are cute, although it appears
>> not to realize it's attracted to Henson.
>
>Ummmmm, just a word of warning/ safety precaution for ya Gumb..... The
>penguins look cute and friendly, and most times they are, but they can
>get pretty dangerous at times.

Heh, I know, I wasn't going to go anywhere with that
without seeing where you went with it first, I just
wasn't sure how else I could have been rendered dumb
enough in the timeframe of the past few posts. :)

That's why I added ""So... you've been... driving

around?" ObeeKris asked, desperately trying to draw
Gumby's gaze away from Henson."

>ObeeKris

>Oh yeah, one last thing. If you see them reaching for the bag over my
>shoulder, start putting some distance put yourself and them.
>Just a warning so you don't end up as Purple Penguin Chow (tm).

I'll remember that. *makes notes*

DG