If This Is True...

Phillip A. Kallas

Jan 2, 2002, 6:51:08 PM1/2/02
Consider me an Ex-Star Wars Fan. I can only take so much crap. Seriously,
does everything I hold dear have to be disgraced like a five dollar crack
whore lowering her price to three dollars?

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133

--
Phillip A. Kallas, to the X-treme

HppyButchr

Jan 2, 2002, 7:01:19 PM1/2/02
>Consider me an Ex-Star Wars Fan. I can only take so much crap. Seriously,
>does everything I hold dear have to be disgraced like a five dollar crack
>whore lowering her price to three dollars?

did you -read- the article?

iF it is true, George Lucas is -killing- N Sync! hel I'll pay the 8.50 just to
see that over and over!

~Jeremy
The happy Butcher

Phillip A. Kallas

Jan 2, 2002, 7:13:00 PM1/2/02

"HppyButchr" <hppyb...@aol.com> wrote in message

I don't care if they were revealed to be super hot, orally fixated
supermodels with a Phil-Obsession, this is fucking soulless, plain and
simple.

Fucking Soulless.

Rich Handley

Jan 2, 2002, 7:02:41 PM1/2/02
Well, we can always hope this rumor has no more validity than 98% of
what Harry posts. On the other hand, really, what does it matter?
They'll probably be on-screen for maybe two to three seconds, right?
They can't be any worse at acting than Mark Hamill. And I'm NOT being
an apologist here -- I really hope the rumor is false, as NSINC is a
bunch of untalented pablum-pukers. But honestly, how can they really
ruin the film? Jar Jar's return has me a lot more worried.

Rich Handley

(move the "r" after the
"y" if you email me...
I'm on a spam-free diet)

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 2, 2002, 7:25:00 PM1/2/02
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Phillip A. Kallas wrote:

> Fucking Soulless.

I nominate this phrase the Soup du Jour.

Daniel O. Miller

Here in my car,
The image breaks down,
Will you visit me please,
If I open my door,
In cars...

Sean Walsh

Jan 2, 2002, 7:14:15 PM1/2/02
Phillip A. Kallas <greyg...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> Consider me an Ex-Star Wars Fan. I can only take so much crap. Seriously,
> does everything I hold dear have to be disgraced like a five dollar crack
> whore lowering her price to three dollars?
>
> http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133

Well, it's been fun, Phillip. From what it looks like from this article,
someone from LucasFilm's gone and made it official.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/eo/20020102/en/jar_jar_jar_n_sync_s_quot_clones
_quot_cameo_1.html

Sean
:)

--
New Gods Library: http://fastbak.tripod.com
Quantum Piett! http://www.geocities.com/quantumpiett/

Sean Walsh

Jan 2, 2002, 8:13:23 PM1/2/02
Rich Handley <rhan...@optonline.net> wrote in message

> Well, we can always hope this rumor has no more validity than 98% of
> what Harry posts. On the other hand, really, what does it matter?
> They'll probably be on-screen for maybe two to three seconds, right?
> They can't be any worse at acting than Mark Hamill. And I'm NOT being
> an apologist here -- I really hope the rumor is false, as NSINC is a
> bunch of untalented pablum-pukers. But honestly, how can they really
> ruin the film? Jar Jar's return has me a lot more worried.

Jar Jar's return is looking better, actually.

At least AOTC looks damn good, now I have lots more to fall back on after
accepting the fact that N'Suck is actually in this movie (and it's been
confirmed; they are - *sigh* - link in prior post of mine in this thread).

M. Harris

Jan 2, 2002, 8:30:02 PM1/2/02
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:51:08 GMT : Phillip A. Kallas says...

> Consider me an Ex-Star Wars Fan. I can only take so much crap. Seriously,
> does everything I hold dear have to be disgraced like a five dollar crack
> whore lowering her price to three dollars?
>
> http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133

I feel like I'm a fan of a completely separate entity than what now
holds the Star Wars label. Jar Jar didn't bug me as much as I
expected... I thought he was funny at times, but this latest news
really alienates me.

I spent the last couple of days cleaning out closets to prepare for a
move and ended up finding boxes of my old Star Wars stuff. I just
don't get the same charge out of the Special Editions or Episode I.
So am I obsolete or has George Lucas just gone insane?

Phillip A. Kallas

Jan 2, 2002, 8:28:50 PM1/2/02

"Sean Walsh" <wals...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Phillip A. Kallas <greyg...@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> > Consider me an Ex-Star Wars Fan. I can only take so much crap.
Seriously,
> > does everything I hold dear have to be disgraced like a five dollar
crack
> > whore lowering her price to three dollars?
> >
> > http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133
>
> Well, it's been fun, Phillip. From what it looks like from this article,
> someone from LucasFilm's gone and made it official.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/eo/20020102/en/jar_jar_jar_n_sync_s_quot_clones
> _quot_cameo_1.html

Unbelievable. I can't believe I actually defended Lucas. That does it, I'm
sticking with Porn.

HppyButchr

Jan 2, 2002, 8:47:28 PM1/2/02
Lets be honest people. Every rumour has said they would eb background extras
who get killed. How many of you know which background characters were ilm
employees or contest winners? The point is, you would'nt ever know. The man
has power enough to make his daughter happy, who gives a shit who the hell the
background characters are. It has -NO- bearing on the film, and it wasn't
advertised, it was leaked, so it was something Lucas did (if he did) to make
his daughter happy. Who gives a crap.

~Jeremy
The happy Butcher

Wes Hutchings

Jan 2, 2002, 8:58:06 PM1/2/02
Phillip A. Kallas used too little deodorant and mouthwash and therefore
smells like Salacious Crumb after a weekend bender.

Who says you have to choose?

wes

Rainbow Heron

Jan 2, 2002, 8:43:52 PM1/2/02
On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:51:08 GMT, "Phillip A. Kallas"
<greyg...@ameritech.net> wrote:

>http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133

The only MAJOR objection I had to Phantom Menace was that it had
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many pointless and needles cameos.

Cameos were my objection. Looks like they still are. I HATE cameos.

Easter Eggs in the form of potatoes in the asteroid field and lawn
mowers on Theed's grasy knolls are fine but CAMEOS?!?! <sound of
really obscene noise>

And this: "Lucasfilm rep Lynn Hale, however, says that, while Lucas'
daughters are big fans, "that didn't have anything to do with it." "

My ass guys. My ass.

Then this: "so they asked producer Rick McCallum if they could appear
in the latest installment."

I'm sorry, but you DON'T *ASK* to be given an honor like that! You
just DON'T ASK!!! It's like saying "Can I please get an Oscar?
Please?!?! I'm such a big fan of award shows and if you just give me
some really obscure award then no one will notice."

Well, as long as SW.Com doesn't say anything abou t it, then I'm not
convinced...oh they also haven't updated the craption contest yet
either...

-Rainbow Heron
(sig doesn't like the NSync idea one #^$@*!& bit)

I fhe *has* to do it, maken 'em the size of half a pixel. That way no
one will see them. At least they get blown up. :-)
http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page
Jell-o jigglers are like Gak
...except they don't make that fart noise.

Jim Fisher

Jan 2, 2002, 10:20:30 PM1/2/02
"HppyButchr" <hppyb...@aol.com> wrote in message

Picture this scenario -- you are sitting in a nice theatre around 11:58PM on
May 21st, 2002. About an hour later, there are a hundred teenage girls all
around you giggling and screeching because Justin and Jason and whoever the
else is in that f***ing boy band shows up on screen -- "It's Insink!
Insink! I love Insink!" and and then a few hours after that you find
yourself in a police station being booked for homicide.

Granted, I think a temporary insanity plea would fly in this case, but you
get my point. I wonder how long it is before we'll have people being killed
by having their own damn cell phones shoved down their throats in movie
theatres...

-- Fish
-- saving money to hire Johnnie Cochran

Jim Fisher

Jan 2, 2002, 10:21:26 PM1/2/02
"Rainbow Heron" <rainbo...@ftc-i.net> wrote in message

> On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:51:08 GMT, "Phillip A. Kallas"
> <greyg...@ameritech.net> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but you DON'T *ASK* to be given an honor like that! You
> just DON'T ASK!!! It's like saying "Can I please get an Oscar?
> Please?!?! I'm such a big fan of award shows and if you just give me
> some really obscure award then no one will notice."

Mirimax does this every year. Once in a while it works.

-- Fish

Princess Buttercup's Castle of Mayhem

Jan 2, 2002, 10:40:39 PM1/2/02
"Jim Fisher" <j...@jimfisher.net> wrote in message

The "news" was mentioned in E! News and I was shocked. And I pictured the
same thing Jim did and mesa no likey. Goddammit. I want gore and guts as
much as the next person but do I have to suffer those five to see what I
want? The news anchor did say that "if you blink, you'll miss them." I
haven't read any articles online but it was said that they're doing cameos
'cause GL's daughters are fans. First GL becomes best friends with Kim and
now this?!

PB

Rich Handley

Jan 2, 2002, 10:50:09 PM1/2/02
Exactly the point I was making. Thank you. It's a difference that
makes no difference. Why? Because it's unlikely they'll even be
recognizable. Who really cares who is behind the masks?

Rich Handley

Paula

Jan 2, 2002, 10:58:24 PM1/2/02

"HppyButchr" <hppyb...@aol.com> wrote in message

I'm so glad you said this, Jeremy... I feel the same way. And as
for teenyboppers hanging out with us Star Wars fans, I really don't think
they'll make as much a fuss as those with lightsabers waving in the air :)

Paula

C'Pi

Jan 2, 2002, 11:18:56 PM1/2/02

"Phillip A. Kallas" <greyg...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> Consider me an Ex-Star Wars Fan. I can only take so much crap. Seriously,
> does everything I hold dear have to be disgraced like a five dollar crack
> whore lowering her price to three dollars?
>
> http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133

What's the big deal.

It's not like they will have any lines. They'll be in a large crowd of
people so we will probably not even recognize their faces. (I don't
remember. Do they have faces?) Then they will all die. DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!!!

What's wrong with that.

C'Pi
2002 - The Year of the Pork

C'Pi

Jan 2, 2002, 11:22:06 PM1/2/02

"Jim Fisher" <j...@jimfisher.net> wrote in message

It's more likely they will be sitting there saying, "What? That's it? Two
freaking seconds and then their dead. That Lucas is an asshole."

C'Pi

Jan 2, 2002, 11:23:09 PM1/2/02

> Exactly the point I was making. Thank you. It's a difference that
> makes no difference. Why? Because it's unlikely they'll even be
> recognizable. Who really cares who is behind the masks?

Luke cares.

HppyButchr

Jan 2, 2002, 11:50:42 PM1/2/02
>Picture this scenario -- you are sitting in a nice theatre around 11:58PM on
>May 21st, 2002. About an hour later, there are a hundred teenage girls all
>around you giggling and screeching because Justin and Jason and whoever the
>else is in that f***ing boy band shows up on screen -- "It's Insink!
>Insink! I love Insink!" and and then a few hours after that you find
>yourself in a police station being booked for homicide.

If I can hear those girls over the hundreds of die hard star wars fans shouting
and cheering and clapping over a massive on screen star wars battle, then sure.
But you think some screaming at a Star wars movie is distracting? Please,
that amkes it fun, people waving their lightsabres, shouting for characters,
clapping over nothing, it makes a movie exciting.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

Zeefor

Jan 2, 2002, 11:48:36 PM1/2/02
Rich Handley <rhan...@optonline.net> wrote in message

> Well, we can always hope this rumor has no more validity than 98% of
> what Harry posts. On the other hand, really, what does it matter?
> They'll probably be on-screen for maybe two to three seconds, right?
> They can't be any worse at acting than Mark Hamill. And I'm NOT being
> an apologist here -- I really hope the rumor is false, as NSINC is a
> bunch of untalented pablum-pukers. But honestly, how can they really
> ruin the film? Jar Jar's return has me a lot more worried.

Didn't you really like Jar Jar?

--
(|||rise|||)=(Z][E][E][F][O][R)=(|||fall|||)
"But were not out to make Christianity cool because how we believe that how

Zeefor

Jan 2, 2002, 11:53:58 PM1/2/02
I wonder if they all die and sceam at the exact same moment.

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 2, 2002, 11:55:24 PM1/2/02
On 3 Jan 2002, HppyButchr wrote:

> If I can hear those girls over the hundreds of die hard star wars fans
> shouting and cheering and clapping over a massive on screen star wars
> battle, then sure.
> But you think some screaming at a Star wars movie is distracting? Please,
> that amkes it fun, people waving their lightsabres, shouting for characters,
> clapping over nothing, it makes a movie exciting.

Or you could always go see it the next week, with the proletariat.

ObeeKris

Jan 3, 2002, 12:14:57 AM1/3/02
"Princess Buttercup's Castle of Mayhem" <pee...@NOSPAMhotmail.com>
wrote

> The "news" was mentioned in E! News and I was shocked. And I pictured the
> same thing Jim did and mesa no likey. Goddammit. I want gore and guts as
> much as the next person but do I have to suffer those five to see what I
> want? The news anchor did say that "if you blink, you'll miss them." I
> haven't read any articles online but it was said that they're doing cameos
> 'cause GL's daughters are fans. First GL becomes best friends with Kim and
> now this?!

Well, all you have to do is blink at the appropriate time, and you
won't even see them. Problem solved! :)

ObeeKris
I'll probably be blinking quite alot during EpII.

Bill Anderson

Jan 3, 2002, 1:12:26 AM1/3/02

"Phillip A. Kallas" wrote:

> Consider me an Ex-Star Wars Fan. I can only take so much crap. Seriously,
> does everything I hold dear have to be disgraced like a five dollar crack
> whore lowering her price to three dollars?
>
> http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133

This was on Entertainment Tonight. Tonight. <Or so somebody musta told me
'cause I don't watch drivel like that.>

Bill Anderson
---
I am the Great Favog

Jim Fisher

Jan 3, 2002, 1:14:48 AM1/3/02

"HppyButchr" <hppyb...@aol.com> wrote in message

Activity like that actually annoys the piss out of me, I'm sorry to say. I
am all for a little cheering during an opening night show, but people should
not be screaming during a film that I just plopped down eight bucks to see.
Getting into the movie is one thing, doing it to the point of the
distraction of others is another thing entirely. Anyone who has the gall to
wave a Kenner lightsaber above their heads in a theatre is asking to get
decked.

Don't get me started about the people who don't realize that cell phones
have an "off" button.

-- Fish

DarthGumby

Jan 3, 2002, 5:10:23 AM1/3/02
On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:40:39 -0600, Princess Buttercup's
Castle of Mayhem telepathically conveyed:

<n'sync - blink and you'll miss 'em>

>The "news" was mentioned in E! News and I was shocked. And I pictured the
>same thing Jim did and mesa no likey. Goddammit. I want gore and guts as
>much as the next person but do I have to suffer those five to see what I
>want? The news anchor did say that "if you blink, you'll miss them." I
>haven't read any articles online but it was said that they're doing cameos
>'cause GL's daughters are fans. First GL becomes best friends with Kim and
>now this?!
>
>PB

You kidding? This'll be way better than anything I had
planned to do to the Sims versions of them. :)

DG

I'm laughing my @$$ off at n'syncgate... I almost
missed the fun.

DarthGumby

Jan 3, 2002, 5:10:24 AM1/3/02
On 03 Jan 2002 04:50:42 GMT, HppyButchr telepathically
conveyed:

I think it's just the fanboys getting territorial. ;)

>~Jeremy
>The Happy Butcher

DG

My mom likes n'sync.

DarthGumby

Jan 3, 2002, 5:10:29 AM1/3/02
On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 01:43:52 GMT, Rainbow Heron
telepathically conveyed:

>On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:51:08 GMT, "Phillip A. Kallas"
><greyg...@ameritech.net> wrote:
>
>>http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133
>
>The only MAJOR objection I had to Phantom Menace was that it had
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many pointless and needles cameos.
>
>Cameos were my objection. Looks like they still are. I HATE cameos.

I wanna see Merv Griffin as a Sith serial killer that
goes from turbolift to turbolift on Coruscant injecting
Jedi with whatever they use to clean all that glass.

That might explain what happens to Anakin too.

<.sigs beg Gumby to stop putting these terrible
cross-over ideas out into the air like this>

>Easter Eggs in the form of potatoes in the asteroid field and lawn
>mowers on Theed's grasy knolls are fine but CAMEOS?!?! <sound of
>really obscene noise>

Yeah, the Nick Gilliard one was fine, because he was
blurry, but the dead center ETs and the thought that
Rick McCallum could get that close to the Queen while
wearing a hat like that kinda freaked me out. :)

>Then this: "so they asked producer Rick McCallum if they could appear
>in the latest installment."
>
>I'm sorry, but you DON'T *ASK* to be given an honor like that! You
>just DON'T ASK!!! It's like saying "Can I please get an Oscar?
>Please?!?! I'm such a big fan of award shows and if you just give me
>some really obscure award then no one will notice."

I heard that's how Samuel L. Jackson got into it
though.

<.sigs once again try to shut DG up and hope N'Sync
doesn't get *that* big a role>

>Well, as long as SW.Com doesn't say anything abou t it, then I'm not
>convinced...oh they also haven't updated the craption contest yet
>either...

How many of the winning captions you think will now be
"They cast who?!" related?

<.sigs scream in horror once again>

>-Rainbow Heron
>(sig doesn't like the NSync idea one #^$@*!& bit)
>
>I fhe *has* to do it, maken 'em the size of half a pixel. That way no
>one will see them. At least they get blown up. :-)

Maybe they'll be the Jedi minstrels, and will have to
be eaten during an expedition to Hoth!

<.sigs like this idea>

>http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
>Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page
>Jell-o jigglers are like Gak
>...except they don't make that fart noise.

DG

DarthGumby

Jan 3, 2002, 5:10:27 AM1/3/02
On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 00:02:41 GMT, Rich Handley
telepathically conveyed:

>Well, we can always hope this rumor has no more validity than 98% of
>what Harry posts. On the other hand, really, what does it matter?
>They'll probably be on-screen for maybe two to three seconds, right?

They're the new cantina band. Wait'll you see the
moves on those Biths.

DG

M. Harris

Jan 3, 2002, 7:44:04 AM1/3/02
03 Jan 2002 01:47:28 GMT : HppyButchr says...

You have a couple of valid points. And considering that I barely know
this band I probably won't even recognize them, given how short their
appearance is likely to be. My point is... this is feeling less and
less like the Star Wars I grew up with. I'm just nostalgic for the
original movies. I'm not making any judgements good or bad here --
I'm just saying how I feel about all these changes.

How many little changes do we accept before this is no longer "Star
Wars"? Or, as the more cynical might point out, how many stupid
additions do we tolerate before we declare the whole thing crap? I'm
not feeling quite that cynical yet, but it's getting close. Right now
I'm at apathy, which is not a feeling I would have never ever thought
I'd associate with Star Wars. I'm just tired of saying "Well, I guess
that's okay..." to every new development.

And now I'll shut up, because I know I'm in the minority on this one.
Just had to vent.

M. Harris

Jan 3, 2002, 7:52:47 AM1/3/02
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:44:04 GMT : M. Harris says...

Bah. Late. Pretend the above paragraphs were in English.

HppyButchr

Jan 3, 2002, 10:36:11 AM1/3/02
>Activity like that actually annoys the piss out of me, I'm sorry to say. I
>am all for a little cheering during an opening night show, but people should
>not be screaming during a film that I just plopped down eight bucks to see.
>Getting into the movie is one thing, doing it to the point of the
>distraction of others is another thing entirely. Anyone who has the gall to
>wave a Kenner lightsaber above their heads in a theatre is asking to get
>decked.

Take a look at the crowd in the DVD documentary then. the theatre handed out
lightsabres. But honestly, I don't really care what type of theatre situation
you like. You said that I -would- have a [roblem with the NSync cameo over
whatever circumstances, and I said i wouldn't, because I simply don't care. It
doesnt change the movie even the slightest bit. If i was a director who had
the money and power to make my daughter happy, i would also.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

HppyButchr

Jan 3, 2002, 10:41:54 AM1/3/02
>From: M. Harris

>My point is... this is feeling less and
>less like the Star Wars I grew up with.

Well, Its -not- the Star wars you grew up with. This is the point peopel seem
to have the most difficulty accepting. Its 2 and a half decades later. These
movies go in today's world of film making, which is very different than the
world of filmmaking in 1976.

The entire world is different. Besides, if the movies were exactly the same as
they were the first time, people would complain about that. There truly is no
appeasing anyone. There was a time when there were only going to be the three
movies, and nothing more. Now there are books, videogames, comics, and the
promise of three more movies. Lets not look a gift horse in the mouth.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

Josh792

Jan 3, 2002, 2:52:44 PM1/3/02
>Consider me an Ex-Star Wars Fan. I can only take so much crap. Seriously,
>does everything I hold dear have to be disgraced like a five dollar crack
>whore lowering her price to three dollars?
>
>http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133
>

>--
>Phillip A. Kallas, to the X-treme

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Josh, Jedi Knight

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.-Luke Skywalker
Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?-Homer Simpson
Just because your paranoid dont meen theyre not after you.-Nirvana

Robert Whelan

Jan 3, 2002, 3:03:24 PM1/3/02
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Rich Handley wrote:

> Exactly the point I was making. Thank you. It's a difference that
> makes no difference. Why? Because it's unlikely they'll even be
> recognizable. Who really cares who is behind the masks?

You really think Lucas is capable of such restraint? Look at the
way he handled the Boba Fett cameo in the Special Edition of
Star Wars. Yes, it's a bit part, he doesn't say anything, BUT,
the camera lingers as he walks in front of the camera, pauses, and
looks meaningfully into it. The N'Sync bunch will be given their dramatic
Boba-Fett moments, don't you worry. If Lucas is doing it "to make his
daughter happy" what makes you think he's going to make
the appearance so quick and so insubstantial that his
daughter will be complaining to him afterwards about how she didn't
even recognize them in the film? He's going to make sure that
she, and all the little N'Sync fans, are able to recognize them
and do their little screams of joy during the film. For god's
sake, Hayden Christiansen (sp?) was apparently picked because he'd
be perfect as a boy-band member in looks.

That Lucasfilm is downplaying that this film is going to be aimed at
the Boy Band fans is similar to the way they tried to conceal the
fact that TPM was aimed at little kids prior to release (remember
Trailer B? Not aimed at kids, was it?). Lucas thinks he's a brilliant
super genius, who'se master marketing plan is to slowly increase
the age group targeted, and pandering to the lowest common denominator
of each age group.

Galactic Boobies

Jan 3, 2002, 3:37:19 PM1/3/02

"Robert Whelan" <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

Gomp! Gomp!

Jade
--
Gonk's appearance was just pandering too.

Robert Whelan

Jan 3, 2002, 3:29:53 PM1/3/02
On 3 Jan 2002, HppyButchr wrote:

> >From: M. Harris
>
> >My point is... this is feeling less and
> >less like the Star Wars I grew up with.
>
> Well, Its -not- the Star wars you grew up with. This is the point peopel seem
> to have the most difficulty accepting. Its 2 and a half decades later. These
> movies go in today's world of film making, which is very different than the
> world of filmmaking in 1976.

There were boy-bands in 1976. Strange, though, how no boy band appeared
in Star Wars.

> The entire world is different. Besides, if the movies were exactly the same as
> they were the first time, people would complain about that.

Empire Strikes Back wasn't 'exactly the same' and still people liked it,
A LOT. But it was "exactly the same" in that it was a good movie, like
the first one was, and didn't seem to be pandering to young teens
in a cynical, manipulative way.

There truly is no
> appeasing anyone. There was a time when there were only going to be the three
> movies, and nothing more. Now there are books, videogames, comics, and the
> promise of three more movies. Lets not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Crappy books, crappy videogames, crappy comics, and more crappy movies.
Great!

Robert Whelan

Jan 3, 2002, 3:37:49 PM1/3/02

You're not in the minority, but a member of the larger majority who
have given up on Star Wars as a lost cause. The "majority" who
hang out here, whinging and complaining at negative reactions,
are pathetic remnants of the golden age of Star Wars fandom,
when fans all gathered to warm themselves at the glorious
flames of the first two films. The fire has died, the embers are
scattered, and though there are still specks of fire sparkling
in the ashes, the fire is out, and almost everyone has gone
home. But the "majority" here still remain, stamping their feet,
and cursing anyone who tries to say "Gosh, it's cold", blaming
their negativity, and hoping against hope that if no one
points out that the fire is out, that it will magically
relight itself.

HppyButchr

Jan 3, 2002, 4:54:02 PM1/3/02
>From: Robert Whelan

>what makes you think he's going to make
>the appearance so quick and so insubstantial that his
>daughter will be complaining to him afterwards about how she didn't
>even recognize them in the film?

then don't go see it.

Plain and simple.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

HppyButchr

Jan 3, 2002, 4:56:53 PM1/3/02
>From: Robert Whelan

>There were boy-bands in 1976. Strange, though, how no boy band appeared
>in Star Wars.

Then don't go see it.

What possible right do you have to complain about anything?

Don't like something? No one is forcing you to see these movies. And no one
ever said they werent allowed to make as broad a fan base as happy.

Do you think I like Brittaniy Spears or NSync? No, I don't. But them doing
the half time show didn't stop me from watching the super bowl last year.

If you don't like something don't see it, and just stop frigging complaining.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

Galactic Boobies

Jan 3, 2002, 4:58:39 PM1/3/02

"Robert Whelan" <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

(translation)Waaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaa!

HppyButchr

Jan 3, 2002, 4:59:02 PM1/3/02
>From: Robert Whelan

>iven up on Star Wars as a lost cause. The "majority" who
>hang out here, whinging and complaining at negative reactions,
>are pathetic remnants of the golden age of Star Wars fandom,
>when fans all gathered to warm themselves at the glorious
>flames of the first two

Translatesz roughly into: blahdee blahdee blahdee, living in the past can't
believe that the movies i once like may now appeal to a broader audience, more
pople may actually like it! NOOOOOOO! Can't have strangersa invading my
private club, i might meet new people, not be percieved as such a geek, and
finally recieve human contact.
Translation mode off.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

Tucci

Jan 3, 2002, 6:34:02 PM1/3/02
From: Robert Whelan
>There were boy-bands in 1976. Strange, though, how no boy band appeared
>in Star Wars.

A non-sequitor making no point whatsoever. Plus, you're overlooking
the fact that Jefferson Starship DID appear in the Holiday Special.

Tucci

Jan 3, 2002, 6:36:46 PM1/3/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org>:

>You're not in the minority, but a member of the larger majority who
>have given up on Star Wars as a lost cause.

And yet you're still here. I can't imagine a bigger waste of time
than going to a newsgroup for something you've given up on as a lost
cause. There are few things more geeky than that.

>The "majority" who hang out here, whinging and complaining
>at negative reactions, are pathetic remnants of the golden age
>of Star Wars fandom,

Nope -- you're just a troll who lost his effectiveness YEARS ago.

>But the "majority" here still remain, stamping their feet,
>and cursing anyone who tries to say "Gosh, it's cold", blaming
>their negativity, and hoping against hope that if no one
>points out that the fire is out, that it will magically
>relight itself.

What group are you visiting, Robert? It sure doesn't sound like
RASSM. Cut the trolling.

Robert Whelan

Jan 3, 2002, 6:29:03 PM1/3/02
On 3 Jan 2002, HppyButchr wrote:

Translates roughly to: blahdee blahdee blahdee, living with my parents,
wish I had a social life, pretending that Star Wars newsgroups ARE
a social life.....NOOOOOOOO! It can't be that my dreams of meeting
girls in a Star Wars newsroup won't come true! It can't be that
George Lucas's new flick will make me despised, instead of popular!
It must be good! All my dreams of having friends and a girlfriend
depend on it!
Translation mode off.

Robert Whelan

Jan 3, 2002, 6:34:24 PM1/3/02
On 3 Jan 2002, HppyButchr wrote:

> >From: Robert Whelan
>
> >There were boy-bands in 1976. Strange, though, how no boy band appeared
> >in Star Wars.
>
> Then don't go see it.

Translaton : Waaaaa! Waaaaaa! Waaaaaa!

> What possible right do you have to complain about anything?

Waaaaaaaa! Mommy, Make the bad man stop complaining! Waaaaa!

> Don't like something? No one is forcing you to see these movies. And no one
> ever said they werent allowed to make as broad a fan base as happy.

Mommy! I hate that bad man! He told me Santa wasn't real either. Waaaa!

> Do you think I like Brittaniy Spears or NSync? No, I don't. But them doing
> the half time show didn't stop me from watching the super bowl last year.

And it won't stop you from swilling beer, and eating your Cheetos, you
fat loser.

> If you don't like something don't see it, and just stop frigging complaining.

Waaaaaa! Do you know how pathetic you sound?

Robert Whelan

Jan 3, 2002, 6:29:47 PM1/3/02
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Galactic Boobies wrote:

> > > promise of three more movies. Lets not look a gift horse in the mouth.
> >
> > Crappy books, crappy videogames, crappy comics, and more crappy movies.
> > Great!
> >

> (translation)Waaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaa!

Translation: Waaaaaa! Waaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaa!

Robert Whelan

Jan 3, 2002, 6:34:55 PM1/3/02
On 3 Jan 2002, HppyButchr wrote:

Waaaaaaaaa!

DarthGumby

Jan 3, 2002, 7:52:33 PM1/3/02
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:37:49 -0500, Robert Whelan
telepathically conveyed:

>On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, M. Harris wrote:
>
>> How many little changes do we accept before this is no longer "Star
>> Wars"? Or, as the more cynical might point out, how many stupid
>> additions do we tolerate before we declare the whole thing crap? I'm
>> not feeling quite that cynical yet, but it's getting close. Right now
>> I'm at apathy, which is not a feeling I would have never ever thought
>> I'd associate with Star Wars. I'm just tired of saying "Well, I guess
>> that's okay..." to every new development.
>>
>> And now I'll shut up, because I know I'm in the minority on this one.
>> Just had to vent.
>
>You're not in the minority, but a member of the larger majority who
>have given up on Star Wars as a lost cause. The "majority" who
>hang out here, whinging and complaining at negative reactions,
>are pathetic remnants of the golden age of Star Wars fandom

Funny how you're still here... :)

DG

It *is* a SW fan group, after all.

DarthGumby

Jan 3, 2002, 7:52:32 PM1/3/02
On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:52:47 GMT, M. Harris
telepathically conveyed:

>Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:44:04 GMT : M. Harris says...
>> 03 Jan 2002 01:47:28 GMT : HppyButchr says...
>> > Lets be honest people. Every rumour has said they would eb background extras
>> > who get killed. How many of you know which background characters were ilm
>> > employees or contest winners? The point is, you would'nt ever know.
>>

>> You have a couple of valid points. And considering that I barely know
>> this band I probably won't even recognize them, given how short their
>> appearance is likely to be. My point is... this is feeling less and
>> less like the Star Wars I grew up with. I'm just nostalgic for the
>> original movies. I'm not making any judgements good or bad here --
>> I'm just saying how I feel about all these changes.
>>
>> How many little changes do we accept before this is no longer "Star
>> Wars"? Or, as the more cynical might point out, how many stupid
>> additions do we tolerate before we declare the whole thing crap? I'm
>> not feeling quite that cynical yet, but it's getting close. Right now
>> I'm at apathy, which is not a feeling I would have never ever thought
>> I'd associate with Star Wars. I'm just tired of saying "Well, I guess
>> that's okay..." to every new development.
>>
>> And now I'll shut up, because I know I'm in the minority on this one.
>> Just had to vent.
>
>Bah. Late. Pretend the above paragraphs were in English.

Hey, at least yours made sense...

Y'know, not like you declared the end of all things. :)

I thought of something this afternoon, weren't Bono and
the guy from Savage Garden also rumored to be in the
prequels at some point? I think AICN's dreaming again.

*goes over and waves smelling salts under Harry's nose*

DG

DarthGumby

Jan 3, 2002, 7:52:33 PM1/3/02
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:29:53 -0500, Robert Whelan
telepathically conveyed:

>On 3 Jan 2002, HppyButchr wrote:

>>>From: M. Harris
>>
>>>My point is... this is feeling less and
>>>less like the Star Wars I grew up with.
>>
>> Well, Its -not- the Star wars you grew up with. This is the point peopel seem
>> to have the most difficulty accepting. Its 2 and a half decades later. These
>> movies go in today's world of film making, which is very different than the
>> world of filmmaking in 1976.
>
>There were boy-bands in 1976. Strange, though, how no boy band appeared
>in Star Wars.

Jefferson Starship was in the Holiday Special, without
Grace Slick, so there. :)

DG

I would have preferred Styx, m'self...

ObeeKris

Jan 3, 2002, 8:27:22 PM1/3/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote:

> You're not in the minority, but a member of the larger majority who
> have given up on Star Wars as a lost cause. The "majority" who
> hang out here, whinging and complaining at negative reactions,
> are pathetic remnants of the golden age of Star Wars fandom,
> when fans all gathered to warm themselves at the glorious
> flames of the first two films. The fire has died, the embers are
> scattered, and though there are still specks of fire sparkling
> in the ashes, the fire is out, and almost everyone has gone
> home. But the "majority" here still remain, stamping their feet,
> and cursing anyone who tries to say "Gosh, it's cold", blaming
> their negativity, and hoping against hope that if no one
> points out that the fire is out, that it will magically
> relight itself.

If you've got such a fucking problem with the group, then why the hell
do you still bother reading it??? All you do is bitch, whine and moan
about every little fucking detail. If everything bothers you so damn
much, then why do you still watch the movies, read the books, etc.?
If "the golden age of Star Wars fandom" is over, why the hell do you
still give a shit? If you think we're pathetic here, then how much
more pathetic are you, who says he hates the stuff, but still feels
compelled to go online and tell everybody how much he hates it, rather
than just giving it up?
If you haven't figured this out by now, let me spill it out for you,
in plain and simple English: NOBODY HERE LIKES YOU! Shut up, go
away, quit bothering us.

ObeeKris

HppyButchr

Jan 3, 2002, 8:40:23 PM1/3/02
>From: obee...@hotmail.com

>If you've got such a fucking problem with the group, then why the hell
>do you still bother reading it???

Because its as close to human contact as he can come.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher
(now that alt.pedophile has kicked him out I mean)

Sean Walsh

Jan 3, 2002, 9:28:39 PM1/3/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

This coming from the guy who's openly "Waaaaaaaa"ing his eyes out for all to
see... :p

Sean,
"Mommy can't make the bad man go away, dear...because I killed Mommy."
:)

--
New Gods Library: http://fastbak.tripod.com
Quantum Piett! http://www.geocities.com/quantumpiett/
My latest eBay auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/slwalsh/

Sean Walsh

Jan 3, 2002, 9:30:26 PM1/3/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

Jeremy doesn't need to meet any girls on RASSM - we all know he hooked up
with a couple hotties working on MiB2...right, dude? ;p

Sean

Sean Walsh

Jan 3, 2002, 9:31:32 PM1/3/02
HppyButchr <hppyb...@aol.com> wrote in message

Hey, there are some nice people on alt.pedophile!

I mean, they keep asking to come to my house - now that's just polite, if
you ask me!! ;p

Sean,
what's a pedophile?

Oh...

OH...

DarthGumby

Jan 3, 2002, 10:41:55 PM1/3/02
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:34:55 -0500, Robert Whelan
telepathically conveyed:

>Waaaaaaaaa!

Into the garbage chute, troll-boy!

DG

HppyButchr

Jan 3, 2002, 11:28:56 PM1/3/02
>Jeremy doesn't need to meet any girls on RASSM - we all know he hooked up
>with a couple hotties working on MiB2...right, dude? ;p
>
>Sean

Well don't spread it around, but while Will was busy on set, i was
"entertaining" Jada :)

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

Rainbow Heron

Jan 3, 2002, 11:38:28 PM1/3/02
On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 05:10:29 -0500, DarthGumby
<DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11133
>>
>>The only MAJOR objection I had to Phantom Menace was that it had
>>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too many pointless and needles cameos.
>>
>>Cameos were my objection. Looks like they still are. I HATE cameos.
>
>I wanna see Merv Griffin as a Sith serial killer that
>goes from turbolift to turbolift on Coruscant injecting
>Jedi with whatever they use to clean all that glass.
>
>That might explain what happens to Anakin too.

It's just that to me, all the cameos made it seem more like a high
school reunion or the "it" thing to do and less like a movie. As many
cameos as I've seen listed, it's like either some spoof movie or an
all-star cast production for tv or *something*.

"...And as we move on to the *next* frame of the movie, we see OH
LOOKIT ladies and gentlemen, you'll NEVER believe who just walked in!"

><.sigs beg Gumby to stop putting these terrible
>cross-over ideas out into the air like this>

<ng sig sprays air freshener to see if the ideas in the air will be
less cross>

>>Easter Eggs in the form of potatoes in the asteroid field and lawn
>>mowers on Theed's grasy knolls are fine but CAMEOS?!?! <sound of
>>really obscene noise>
>
>Yeah, the Nick Gilliard one was fine, because he was
>blurry,

I still haven't seen him.

>but the dead center ETs

*hiss*

BAD idea George! BAD IDEA!

>and the thought that Rick McCallum could get that close to the Queen while
>wearing a hat like that kinda freaked me out. :)

Dorky Hat Patrol...

>>Then this: "so they asked producer Rick McCallum if they could appear
>>in the latest installment."
>>
>>I'm sorry, but you DON'T *ASK* to be given an honor like that! You
>>just DON'T ASK!!! It's like saying "Can I please get an Oscar?
>>Please?!?! I'm such a big fan of award shows and if you just give me
>>some really obscure award then no one will notice."
>
>I heard that's how Samuel L. Jackson got into it
>though.

Yep <grumble>

><.sigs once again try to shut DG up and hope N'Sync
>doesn't get *that* big a role>

<::sudder::> It's cold enough in here

>>Well, as long as SW.Com doesn't say anything abou t it, then I'm not
>>convinced...oh they also haven't updated the craption contest yet
>>either...
>
>How many of the winning captions you think will now be
>"They cast who?!" related?
>
><.sigs scream in horror once again>

<Pokemon scream in such a high pitch that a nearby glass of Juri juice
explodes>

>>-Rainbow Heron
>>(sig doesn't like the NSync idea one #^$@*!& bit)
>>
>>I fhe *has* to do it, maken 'em the size of half a pixel. That way no
>>one will see them. At least they get blown up. :-)
>
>Maybe they'll be the Jedi minstrels, and will have to
>be eaten during an expedition to Hoth!
>
><.sigs like this idea>

<has vision of the snake monster from Beetlejuice coming out of
Sidious' hood and- >

Eeeeeewwwwwwwwww!

-Rainbow Heron
(sig says that RH looks nauseated)

I like your Hoth idea better.
http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page
Penny for your two cents?

Gyumaoh

Jan 3, 2002, 11:41:15 PM1/3/02
>blahdee blahdee blahdee

intelligent comment. (not)

>living in the past can't
>believe that the movies i once like may now appeal to a broader audience,
>more
>pople may actually like it! NOOOOOOO!

You really don't get it, do you, moron?
More people do not like it. Jar-Jar Binks was supposed to appeal to a broader
audience and failed miserably, going down in history as one of the worst ideas
in history.
(Even the local news anchors were saying that NSYNC doesn't compare to the
annoyance of JJB.)

Gyumaoh

Jan 3, 2002, 11:45:52 PM1/3/02
>Can't have strangersa invading my
>private club, i might meet new people,

Like you? No thanks.

>not be percieved as such a geek,

Yeeeeaahhh, right.
I'm sure you get all the chicks when you confess your love of Jar-Jar Binks and
the Phantom Menace.

>~Jeremy
>The Happy Butcher

You are the most pathetic apologist I've ever seen. If George Lucas crapped on
your head you would praise it as genius.

Now I see why people make fun of AOLers; you give us a bad name.

P.S. - Stop telling people they can't complain about things. What kind of
THX-1138ish totalitarian fascism is that?
They have as much right to post criticism as you do ass-kissing.

"We should be conscious of the superiority of our civilization, which consists
of a value system that has given people widespread prosperity in those
countries that embrace it, and guarantees respect for human rights and
religion." - Silvio Berlusconi

Gyumaoh

Jan 3, 2002, 11:48:50 PM1/3/02
>Plus, you're overlooking
>the fact that Jefferson Starship DID appear in the Holiday Special.

Which George disowned. I'm sure you'll dismiss that as a "non-sequitor".

Bill Anderson

Jan 4, 2002, 12:05:31 AM1/4/02

Gyumaoh wrote:

> (Even the local news anchors were saying that NSYNC doesn't compare to the
> annoyance of JJB.)

Well that cinches it for me!

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 4, 2002, 12:04:23 AM1/4/02
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:

> "...And as we move on to the *next* frame of the movie, we see OH
> LOOKIT ladies and gentlemen, you'll NEVER believe who just walked in!"

If you didn't know where to look they weren't obvious at all. One of the
dangers of an Internet connection. I went through five viewings (2 in the
theatre/er, two on tape and one on DVD) without seeing the 1138, until it
was pointed out to me by a friend who had gone through TFN and looked all
that crap up.

Daniel O. Miller

Here in my car,
The image breaks down,
Will you visit me please,
If I open my door,
In cars...

Gyumaoh

Jan 4, 2002, 12:21:12 AM1/4/02
>Nope -- you're just a troll who lost his effectiveness YEARS ago.

I've seen nothing "trollish" in the Whelan guy's posts. You guys just seem to
be ganging up on the guy; something that pisses me off enough to come out of
lurking. You implied he was a pedophile, for God's sake. He can sue you for
libel if he wanted to.

Apparently you people consider criticism "trolling". It is not.

This is more like trolling:

> NOBODY HERE LIKES YOU!
> Shut up, go away, quit bothering us.

and that's from you guys.

Translation: Your opinions are different than mine, so you don't have the right
to post here.

I can't speak for this Whelan guy, but I check in here from time to time to see
what's up in the Star Wars world.
There used to be a lot of cool people in this newsgroup. After the Phantom
Menace fractured the fandom, I now only see about the same four Lucasfilm
sycophant fanboys in here.

And that's you guys' right to be sycophants and all. You have one or two good
points, actually. (Pointing out that N'SYNC's cameo will be brief, for
example.)

The problem is, you give a virtual cyber- gangraping to everyone who disagrees
with you. It's disgusting. I do know some of you are connected to Lucasfilm,
and the rest are trying to brown-nose their way into ILM. I'd say it was in
vain, but it seemed to work for Rick McCullum. Good luck, I guess.

But stop thinking so highly of yourselves. To think that "one must love
everything touched by Lucasfilm" is a prerequisite to posting here is foolish,
if not a little frightening.

Maybe a seperate newsgroup is necessary for fans of episodes 4-6 to post in.
But it really SHOULDN'T be necessary.

Zeefor

Jan 4, 2002, 12:20:01 AM1/4/02

> >From: Robert Whelan
>
> >There were boy-bands in 1976. Strange, though, how no boy band appeared
> >in Star Wars.
>
> Then don't go see it.
>
> What possible right do you have to complain about anything?

This is a discussion group.

<snip>

> If you don't like something don't see it, and just stop frigging
complaining.

This is rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc, not alt.fan.starwars. The emphasis is on
the 'fan' part.

--
(|||rise|||)=(Z][E][E][F][O][R)=(|||fall|||)
"But were not out to make Christianity cool because how we believe that how
much cooler can you be get than coming on earth as human and dying...that's
pretty hard-core!!!" -Delirious

ObeeKris

Jan 4, 2002, 12:35:27 AM1/4/02
Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote

Not as fucking pathetic as you sound. At least he's making some sort
of sense. (For once. Is this going to be a habit, Jeremy? :) ) If
you dislike Star Wars so much, just don't go see the damn thing. How
fucking complicated is that???

ObeeKris

Skuzz

Jan 4, 2002, 1:03:14 AM1/4/02

"Gyumaoh" <gyu...@aol.come.as.u.r> wrote in message

> >Nope -- you're just a troll who lost his effectiveness YEARS ago.
>
> I've seen nothing "trollish" in the Whelan guy's posts. You guys just
seem to
> be ganging up on the guy; something that pisses me off enough to come out
of
> lurking. You implied he was a pedophile, for God's sake. He can sue you
for
> libel if he wanted to.
>
> Apparently you people consider criticism "trolling". It is not.

Critisism isn't trolling, but posting nothing but complaints IS
annoying, especially after how many years Whelan has been doing nothing
else. Ever since I subscribed, all he does is complain. That's trolling.
If someone showed up to every other meeting of your Chicago (or
wherever) Star Wars Fan Club, and spent the whole time bitching about
Jar-Jar and insulting anyone who tolerates JJ,and *nothing* else, You'd tell
them to get lost, so that's what people here do.

> This is more like trolling:
> > NOBODY HERE LIKES YOU!
> > Shut up, go away, quit bothering us.
>
> and that's from you guys.

see above

> Translation: Your opinions are different than mine, so you don't have the
right
> to post here.

No, it translates to: If you can't contribute to the purpose of the
newsgroup, why post at all?

> I can't speak for this Whelan guy, but I check in here from time to time
to see
> what's up in the Star Wars world.
> There used to be a lot of cool people in this newsgroup. After the
Phantom
> Menace fractured the fandom, I now only see about the same four Lucasfilm
> sycophant fanboys in here.

check your killfile, there's WAY more than 4 people here.

> And that's you guys' right to be sycophants and all. You have one or two
good
> points, actually. (Pointing out that N'SYNC's cameo will be brief, for
> example.)
>
> The problem is, you give a virtual cyber- gangraping to everyone who
disagrees
> with you. It's disgusting. I do know some of you are connected to
Lucasfilm,
> and the rest are trying to brown-nose their way into ILM. I'd say it was
in
> vain, but it seemed to work for Rick McCullum. Good luck, I guess.

Proof, please.

> But stop thinking so highly of yourselves. To think that "one must love
> everything touched by Lucasfilm" is a prerequisite to posting here is
foolish,
> if not a little frightening.

The only one who claims that is Whelan, and now you.

I hate about half the SW novels(that I've read) I HATE almost ALL the SW
comics I've read. I ENJOY the films(some more than others). Yet I'm
'allowed', as you claim, to post here because I have contributed, not
complained constantly and insult everyone who dissagrees with me, that's
Whelan's job.

> Maybe a seperate newsgroup is necessary for fans of episodes 4-6 to post
in.
> But it really SHOULDN'T be necessary.

Of course it isn't. the trolls would just go there too.

--
Skuzz

Rainbow Heron

Jan 4, 2002, 1:14:31 AM1/4/02
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:04:23 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
<dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:
>
>> "...And as we move on to the *next* frame of the movie, we see OH
>> LOOKIT ladies and gentlemen, you'll NEVER believe who just walked in!"
>
>If you didn't know where to look they weren't obvious at all. One of the
>dangers of an Internet connection. I went through five viewings (2 in the
>theatre/er, two on tape and one on DVD) without seeing the 1138

But the 1138 was an easter Egg, not a cameo.

<feels an ominous dabate coming on>

Ok so not *everyone* likes to make that distinction...

>until it was pointed out to me by a friend who had gone through TFN and looked all
>that crap up.

I think I'm going to end up becoming one of those people who swear off
TF.N, except for the picture galleries.

-Rainbow Heron
(sig hopes RH will swear off spoilers)

Oh yeah I could swear off a $&#^$*!* spoiler alright!

http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page

Jell-o jigglers are like Gak
...except they don't make that fart noise.

C'Pi

Jan 4, 2002, 1:29:28 AM1/4/02

> >From: M. Harris
>
> >My point is... this is feeling less and
> >less like the Star Wars I grew up with.
>
> Well, Its -not- the Star wars you grew up with. This is the point peopel
seem
> to have the most difficulty accepting. Its 2 and a half decades later.

2 and a half decades?

F**k, I'm getting old.

C'Pi

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 4, 2002, 1:25:43 AM1/4/02
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:04:23 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
> <dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:
> >
> >> "...And as we move on to the *next* frame of the movie, we see OH
> >> LOOKIT ladies and gentlemen, you'll NEVER believe who just walked in!"
> >
> >If you didn't know where to look they weren't obvious at all. One of the
> >dangers of an Internet connection. I went through five viewings (2 in the
> >theatre/er, two on tape and one on DVD) without seeing the 1138
>
> But the 1138 was an easter Egg, not a cameo.
>
> <feels an ominous dabate coming on>

<Flourishes hand> Oh, whatever. (Debate avoided!)

Point was, I haven't got a clue where all the "cameos" are in Ep.1. I
*do* know that the AT-ST drivers in ROTJ were a couple of honchos, but I
don't know which ones.

The appearance of the ETs elicited from me a mild smirk, and no more. I
don't understand those who seem to think it ruins the movie.

> I think I'm going to end up becoming one of those people who swear off
> TF.N, except for the picture galleries.

Good policy. Stick with SW.C, and don't worry about people telling you
you're being fed pap. After all it's a movie, not a political movement.
You must draw a line where your consumerism begins if you are to really
enjoy movies anymore. Find out too much about how they're made and who
makes them and it's too difficult to focus on the product.

Robert Whelan

Jan 4, 2002, 1:24:48 AM1/4/02
On 3 Jan 2002, ObeeKris wrote:

> Robert Whelan <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote:
>
> > You're not in the minority, but a member of the larger majority who
> > have given up on Star Wars as a lost cause. The "majority" who
> > hang out here, whinging and complaining at negative reactions,
> > are pathetic remnants of the golden age of Star Wars fandom,
> > when fans all gathered to warm themselves at the glorious
> > flames of the first two films. The fire has died, the embers are
> > scattered, and though there are still specks of fire sparkling
> > in the ashes, the fire is out, and almost everyone has gone
> > home. But the "majority" here still remain, stamping their feet,
> > and cursing anyone who tries to say "Gosh, it's cold", blaming
> > their negativity, and hoping against hope that if no one
> > points out that the fire is out, that it will magically
> > relight itself.
>
> If you've got such a fucking problem with the group, then why the hell
> do you still bother reading it???

But I don't. This bit of news popped up, so I resubscribed. Only
been here a day. Nice to know that I'm so well remembered that
an occasional drop-in every 6 months or so is seen as constant
involvment. Apparently when I'm not here, I'm still constantly
on the minds of the permanent dwellers.

All you do is bitch, whine and moan
> about every little fucking detail. If everything bothers you so damn
> much, then why do you still watch the movies, read the books, etc.?

But I don't.

> If "the golden age of Star Wars fandom" is over, why the hell do you
> still give a shit? If you think we're pathetic here, then how much
> more pathetic are you, who says he hates the stuff, but still feels
> compelled to go online and tell everybody how much he hates it, rather
> than just giving it up?

But I have. But it amuses me to check out Jeremy's retarded screams
every once in a while.

> If you haven't figured this out by now, let me spill it out for you,
> in plain and simple English: NOBODY HERE LIKES YOU! Shut up, go
> away, quit bothering us.

Interesting strategy. And you expect this to actually work?

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 4, 2002, 1:58:49 AM1/4/02
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Robert Whelan wrote:

> This bit of news popped up, so I resubscribed.

With what intent, besides harassment?

Robert Whelan

Jan 4, 2002, 2:17:35 AM1/4/02
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Daniel Olin Miller wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Robert Whelan wrote:
>
> > This bit of news popped up, so I resubscribed.
>
> With what intent, besides harassment?

To see what was going on. Same old crap, a few complaints
about the movie, and the baby-maggie fanboys trying to
shut everyone up...."Don't! George might hear you and
think we don't love him!"

M. Harris

Jan 4, 2002, 4:33:18 AM1/4/02
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:37:49 -0500 : Robert Whelan says...
[snip]

Please don't. I know who you are.

Gerthein Boersma

Jan 4, 2002, 6:15:57 AM1/4/02
Et tu, M. Harris?
<snips>
> > How many little changes do we accept before this is no longer "Star
> > Wars"? Or, as the more cynical might point out, how many stupid
> > additions do we tolerate before we declare the whole thing crap? I'm
> > not feeling quite that cynical yet, but it's getting close. Right now
> > I'm at apathy, which is not a feeling I would have never ever thought
> > I'd associate with Star Wars. I'm just tired of saying "Well, I guess
> > that's okay..." to every new development.
>
> Bah. Late. Pretend the above paragraphs were in English.

Actually, what you said made perfect sense and reflects my own feelings.
Seems every time I log on to RASSM nowadays (ever since May 1999, in fact)
there's some new bit of information that people are hurrying to declare "Not
as bad as it sounds!" This has to be the only movie franchise in which fans
define themselves by how much not-that-bad stuff they're willing to accept.

As an aside, no-one seems to find it at all odd that it's always the usual
suspects who are first to declare these things 'no big deal'. I wonder if
they realise how knee-jerk their reaction really is. Rather, I fear that
they actually believe they've sat down, thought about it, and have
independently arrived at the conclusion that it really isn't that big a
deal. Come this May, no doubt they'll sit down, think about it, and
independently arrive at the conclusion that Episode II is a great addition
to the trilogy, up there with Empire and even better than The Phantom
Menace. All I can hope for is that, by matter of sheer accident, they'll be
right for a change.

Tucci

Jan 4, 2002, 7:34:18 AM1/4/02
gyu...@aol.come.as.u.r (Gyumaoh):

>>Nope -- you're just a troll who lost his effectiveness YEARS ago.
>I've seen nothing "trollish" in the Whelan guy's posts. You guys just seem to
>be ganging up on the guy; something that pisses me off enough to come out of
>lurking. You implied he was a pedophile, for God's sake. He can sue you for
>libel if he wanted to.

I never did any such thing! I pointed out that he's trolling because
he has a long history here of showing up and fighting with anyone who
disagrees with him. I have no idea who called him a pedophile, but it
certainly wasn't me. If you're going to quote me and then comment
about someone else's fight and insults about Whelan, then you're
making an unfair generalization. I have no personal problem with him,
nor would I ever call someone a pedophile -- that's just childish. I
simply get annoyed watching how he manipulates others into fighting.

>Apparently you people consider criticism "trolling". It is not.

I don't know who "you people" are, but I personally consider criticism
criticism. He isn't employing criticism, though. His posting
qualifies as trolling because it's designed to upset people and pick
fights. He doesn't like Star Wars, hasn't for years -- he has said so
MANY times -- and yet he shows up now and then and insults anyone who
does. If you were truly a lurker, as you claim to be, you'd know
that.

>This is more like trolling:
>> NOBODY HERE LIKES YOU!
>> Shut up, go away, quit bothering us.
>and that's from you guys.

Who are "you guys?" You quoted me above and someone else right there.
We're not the same people, and there is no "you guys." I only accused
him of trolling the group. I never insulted him as in the second
post. (Nor did I start a "war" with anyone, as Daniel Miller said, by
the way. I simply called a troll a troll, as many others here have
done.)

>Translation: Your opinions are different than mine, so you don't have the right
>to post here.

Not having posted the second quote, I can't speak for that individual,
but that has NEVER been the general attitude of this group, and if you
were truly a lurker here, you'd know it.

>I can't speak for this Whelan guy,

That didn't stop you from speaking for him above. You even use the
same posting style and word choices under both names, by the way,
making me strongly suspect that you're the same guy.

>The problem is, you give a virtual cyber- gangraping to everyone who disagrees
>with you. It's disgusting.

It's also a complete lie -- what group are you hanging out on? Not
RASSM, it seems. That statement bears no resemblance to what goes on
here.

>Maybe a seperate newsgroup is necessary for fans of episodes 4-6 to post in.

Maybe a separate newsgroup for trolls and their supporters/alter-egos
would be a better idea.

Tucci

Jan 4, 2002, 7:36:26 AM1/4/02
Daniel Olin Miller <dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu>:

>On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Robert Whelan wrote:
>> This bit of news popped up, so I resubscribed.
>With what intent, besides harassment?

Dan, I don't get this -- I called him a troll in two posts, and you
jumped on me. Now you're calling him on his behavior as well. How is
your post to him different than mine?

Galactic Boobies

Jan 4, 2002, 8:15:51 AM1/4/02

"Robert Whelan" <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

Damn. I bet Cheetah a whole case of beer that you couldn't become any less
interesting.

You were actually more fun when you were emailing us and acting like you
were the official RASSM spokesperson to try and push us around.

Jade
--
Now go back to stealing my material.

Galactic Boobies

Jan 4, 2002, 7:55:14 AM1/4/02

"Robert Whelan" <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

> > > Crappy books, crappy videogames, crappy comics, and more crappy
movies.
> > > Great!
> > >

> > (translation)Waaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaa!
>
> Translation: Waaaaaa! Waaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaa!

Hey that was original.

Jade
--
I didn't say 'Simon says'

Bill Anderson

Jan 4, 2002, 9:06:02 AM1/4/02

C'Pi wrote:

<snork>

C'Pi

Jan 4, 2002, 9:13:13 AM1/4/02

"Robert Whelan" <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

> But I don't. This bit of news popped up, so I resubscribed. Only
> been here a day. Nice to know that I'm so well remembered that
> an occasional drop-in every 6 months or so is seen as constant
> involvment. Apparently when I'm not here, I'm still constantly
> on the minds of the permanent dwellers.

Come on, Robert. Don't be so humble. Your idiocy is legendary. You're
right up there with some of the other morons and idiots like Darth Dan
and...well I can't think of anyone else right now so you two must be the
most stupid trolls on this newsgroup. You've achieved something in your
life. You have become famous across the internet for being a complete
imbecile. Take pride in your accomplishments.

C'Pi

C'Pi

Jan 4, 2002, 10:12:37 AM1/4/02

"Bill Anderson" <billand...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dude, you were old before Star Wars even came out.

C'Pi

HppyButchr

Jan 4, 2002, 11:57:33 AM1/4/02
gyu...@aol.come.as.u.r (Whinelan) wrote:

>I've seen nothing "trollish" in the Whelan guy's posts. You guys just seem
>be ganging up on the guy;

Refering to people as the "this or that guy" implies you desperatly trying to
distance yourself from a poster who is most likely you.

>He can sue you for
>libel if he wanted to.

Yeah, I'm sure any lawyer would jump at that case. I love how callously people
throw around law suit these days. truly makes me proud of shows liek Judge
Judy.

>I can't speak for this Whelan guy,

again with "this whelan guy". Who you've had no problem speaking for in your
other posts. You also seem to go right after all the people whom "that whelan
guy" is currently debating. What an amzing coincedence that you would be so
touched by this stranger, that you would stick up for him in each of his
disputes. What a noble soul you are.

>And that's you guys' right to be sycophants and all.

gee, now where have I read this exact same sentence?

>(Pointing out that N'SYNC's cameo will be brief, for
>example.)

or this one?

>I do know some of you are connected to Lucasfilm,
>and the rest are trying to brown-nose their way into ILM.

Or this one even? The similarities between these two -different- people are
astounding.

By the way, some of us here have no desire to work for ILM, as they are
predominitly CG effects these days, which don't interest those here working in
the effects world.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

HppyButchr

Jan 4, 2002, 11:58:33 AM1/4/02
>Not as fucking pathetic as you sound. At least he's making some sort
>of sense. (For once. Is this going to be a habit, Jeremy? :) ) If
>you dislike Star Wars so much, just don't go see the damn thing. How
>fucking complicated is that???
>
>ObeeKris

I'll try not too, I know it confuses you :)

~Jeremy
The happy Butcher

HppyButchr

Jan 4, 2002, 12:06:37 PM1/4/02

>But I have. But it amuses me to check out Jeremy's retarded screams
>every once in a while.

awwe, thats sweet. Another internet floozie who claims me as their soul reason
for signing on.

~Jeremy
The Happy Butcher

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 4, 2002, 12:40:33 PM1/4/02

Can't I be mad at two people at once? We already know he's a troll, it's
not exactly a keen insight.

Skuzz

Jan 4, 2002, 12:58:41 PM1/4/02

"HppyButchr" <hppyb...@aol.com> wrote in message

You should start a cult. Then you can take everything they own and get them
to kill themselves.
--
Skuzz the Merciless
joking? maybe....

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 4, 2002, 2:31:22 PM1/4/02
in article Pine.GSO.4.21.020103...@amanda.dorsai.org,
Robert Whelan at rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org wrote on 04.01.02 00:29:

> Translates roughly to: blahdee blahdee blahdee, living with my parents,
> wish I had a social life, pretending that Star Wars newsgroups ARE
> a social life.....NOOOOOOOO! It can't be that my dreams of meeting
> girls in a Star Wars newsroup won't come true! It can't be that
> George Lucas's new flick will make me despised, instead of popular!
> It must be good! All my dreams of having friends and a girlfriend
> depend on it!
> Translation mode off.

Hurg

--
Jostein H

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 4, 2002, 2:39:29 PM1/4/02
in article Pine.GSO.4.21.020104...@amanda.dorsai.org,
Robert Whelan at rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org wrote on 04.01.02 08:17:

> To see what was going on. Same old crap, a few complaints
> about the movie, and the baby-maggie fanboys trying to
> shut everyone up...."Don't! George might hear you and
> think we don't love him!"

So....

Complaining and whining = good?

Liking a movie = bad?

It all becomes so clear now.

--
Jostein H

Robert Whelan

Jan 4, 2002, 2:45:45 PM1/4/02

Hmmm?

Galactic Boobies

Jan 4, 2002, 3:09:56 PM1/4/02

"Skuzz" <leve...@memlane.com> wrote in message

> "HppyButchr" <hppyb...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > >But I have. But it amuses me to check out Jeremy's retarded screams
> > >every once in a while.
> > >

> > awwe, thats sweet. Another internet floozie who claims me as their soul
> reason
> > for signing on.
> >
> > ~Jeremy
> > The Happy Butcher
>
> You should start a cult. Then you can take everything they own and get
them
> to kill themselves.

That's the most wonderful, diabolical logic I've heard all day.

> --
> Skuzz the Merciless
> joking? maybe....

Jade
--
Thanks, Skuzz

Galactic Boobies

Jan 4, 2002, 3:19:14 PM1/4/02

"Robert Whelan" <rwh...@amanda.dorsai.org> wrote in message

She knows who you are...where you live, the daily movements of every member
of your family, that you flush the toilet and watch your stuff go down with
a big grin. Every thing!

Jade
--
RASSM is watching you.

Robert Whelan

Jan 4, 2002, 2:49:47 PM1/4/02

Is that a suggestion?

Robert Whelan

Jan 4, 2002, 2:51:59 PM1/4/02

Why, thank you!

Galactic Boobies

Jan 4, 2002, 3:36:01 PM1/4/02

Is that a veiled threat? I delete lots of other spam on a regular basis, so
I'm not that concerned. Just another moron trying to sell something.

Jade
--
C'pi's right, you aren't very entertaining.

Robert Whelan

Jan 4, 2002, 5:11:54 PM1/4/02

No, but it was accurate. And thank you.

Robert Whelan

Jan 4, 2002, 5:28:17 PM1/4/02
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Galactic Boobies wrote:

> > > You were actually more fun when you were emailing us and acting like you
> > > were the official RASSM spokesperson to try and push us around.
> >
> > Is that a suggestion?
> >

> Is that a veiled threat? I delete lots of other spam on a regular basis, so
> I'm not that concerned. Just another moron trying to sell something.

I really think you should improve the quality of your posts. Try
to post something informative and interesting next time. I'll
be observing, and will email you with my evaluation. If you
pass, you will be allowed to post next month. If you fail, I'm
your ISP will be served the court order to have your access
removed.

With that in mind, start posting!

It is loading more messages.