[Sith War IX] Many party goers.

Darth Gumby

Apr 24, 2002, 11:18:54 PM4/24/02
Deep in the main eating hall of the Porkscrew, a small red furry creature jumped
on top of the nearest table.

"Today, Elmo is a man!"

The Porkinites let out a loud cheer, finally Elmo had decided when his birthday
was and turned six years of age, the age all Porkinites were considered a
full-fledged member of society.

Elmo began to dance oddly on the table, causing several of the attendees to
blink and turn away. Gumby and Muuurgh were two of these.

"Boy, that was lucky for us that you and Nesha decided to boycott the N'Sync
concert and found us sleeping before those psycho fans did something terrible to
Jade." Gumby said for possibly the millionth time since the fateful concert.

"Erm... yeah. Sure." Muuurgh was getting tired of explaining to everyone that
N'Sync really was gone from the concert when he and Nesha had arrived.

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" came the loud chant as Elmo downed a gallon of beer. Jade
clapped him on the back and said "My friend, we must duel." and signaled for the
great beer steins of Pork.

The hall was filled with recovering Goths that had shown up looking for free
beer, pizza and weed. Gumby had offered them dandelion soup but they were
uninterested.

The Legoans had arrived too late to disrupt the N'Sync concert, and Christopher
Cross was still in a fury. He and his army of flamingoes had agreed to
entertain at Elmo's birthday party and were busy tuning their instruments.

C'Pi was in the corner, fidgeting. It had been several months since AJ had
touched him, or more accurately broken his fall, but he still felt dirty. His
misery was compounded by the bath he took after the Porkinites had escaped.
"It'll take forever to return to my pre-bath state." He complained to Nesha, who
raised an eyebrow and said "baths aren't the worst thing in the world, you
know."

Nearby, Muuurgh let out a growl, but quieted down when Nesha looked at him.

Gumby wandered over to the Legoans and sighed. Lefty Two-Ties cringed and made
a face at Hootie as if to say "don't talk to it!" Hootie's face brightened and
said "Hello, Gumby." Lefty winced.

"Hullo Hootie... I suppose you guys will be heading back up to the 'Maker soon."
Gumby mumbled. The Legoans weren't sure if that was a question.

"You're always welcome to return as a part-time Bariste, Gumby, although the
Goth Sailor Scout outfit might have to go. We're a family establishment."
Hootie said, ignoring the glare of disgust from Lefty.

"I guess... I just, I wish we hadn't fallen asleep at the concert." Gumby sighed
again. "You're sure you didn't see any round guys on stage when you arrived?"

"No, once we discovered the amp destroyed, Christopher Cross got all pissy and
demanded to go to a hotel for the night, we didn't see anyone. But looking
around here, there are plenty of round people. See?" Lefty said, waving a hand
at the revelers.

Gumby looked disappointed about something, but joined in the cheering when Jade
climbed on stage and declared RASSM city free of both N'Sync and The Jedi
Hacker.
"We have no idea where he went, but it has been a droneless month and I can tell
you I feel better about it." Jade looked as if there was more it wanted to say,
but it was approached by a Flamingo and exchanged some words off-mic with it.

The Flamingo backed away as Jade turned back to the mic. "This fine, feathered,
skinny bird here tells me that we are now in for a treat. My
brothers-and-sisters-in-Pork, I give you Christopher Cross."

Everyone looked as if they didn't want to show the excitement they each held at
the idea of a free Christopher Cross concert, but a few politely applauded.

Christopher Cross walked over to the microphone carrying a stool which he sat on
and began tuning his guitar.

"Hi. Um, I really just want to say that I love Jek Porkins, been a fan of his
for a long time, and I'm sending this one out to him..."

With that he began to sing.

"Once in your life you find her
Someone it turns you heart around and
Next thing you know your closing down the town
Wake up and it's still with you
Even though you left you went cross town
Wondering to yourself, "hey what've I done?"

When you get caught between the moon and New York city
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York city
Best that you can do
Best that you can do is fall in love"

As Cross grinned out at the party, Nesha smiled back, the Legoans tried to scare
up some more beer, Jade held up a lighter, C'Pi gaped in horror, Muuurgh began
making new commandments about no light music and Gumby burst into tears.

"What is the problem with Gumby?" Elmo slurred. He was getting annoyed that his
party was going to hell.

"I... I miss Dudley Moore!" Gumby blubbered.

Elmo gazed vacantly at Gumby and took another swig of beer.

Meanwhile on stage, the Flamingoes hand formed a kick line and Cross continued
to sing.

"When you get caught between the moon and New York city
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York city
Best that you can do
Best that you can do
Best that you can do is fall in love!"

"C'mon everybody, sing along!" He called.

"Ladies on the left side!" He yelled.

"When you get caught between the moon and New York city...
Men on the right! Sing!
I know it's crazy, but it's true!
Now the gender inspecific and Muppets and Legomen! Everyone!

"If you get caught between the moon and New York city
Best that you can do
Best that you can do
Best that you can do is fall in love..."

And so the night continued with a wacky musical number while somewhere else,
down in a snow covered pit, six boy band members' heads exploded in an
impressive display. At least, it seemed impressive to the bats hanging from the
nearby alcove.

The Porkinites are doing what they do best, party.

Elmo has become a man at the age six.

Gumby is bummed that it fell asleep and missed the Jigglypuff Singers.

None of the Porkinites know where Hacker went or why, and they aren't too clear
on why there are dozens of Goths at Elmo's party either.

The magic of Christopher Cross' music has crossed space and caused N'Sync to
explode.

DarthGumby
remove MyHelmet to e-mail me.
I want to look upon your e-mail... with my own eyes... *wheeze*

--Anywhere my computer hangs is home

Jade Lemonade

Apr 25, 2002, 9:37:45 AM4/25/02

"Darth Gumby" <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

*wild applause, confetti, party horns blowing*

I never thought Mr. Cross would grace us with his presence.

Jade
--
Bless you Arthur!

C'Pi

Apr 25, 2002, 12:17:42 PM4/25/02

"Darth Gumby" <DarthMyHe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Deep in the main eating hall of the Porkscrew, a small red furry creature
jumped
> on top of the nearest table.

I was wondering what we were doing.

> The magic of Christopher Cross' music has crossed space and caused N'Sync
> explode.

Well...all right then.

C'Pi
I'm happy
I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine in a bag

Peter Hanely

Apr 25, 2002, 6:01:10 AM4/25/02
Darth Gumby wrote:

> The Porkinites are doing what they do best, party.
>
> Elmo has become a man at the age six.
>
> Gumby is bummed that it fell asleep and missed the Jigglypuff Singers.
>
> None of the Porkinites know where Hacker went or why, and they aren't too clear
> on why there are dozens of Goths at Elmo's party either.
>
> The magic of Christopher Cross' music has crossed space and caused N'Sync to
> explode.
>

> DarthGumby
> remove MyHelmet to e-mail me.
> I want to look upon your e-mail... with my own eyes... *wheeze*
>
> --Anywhere my computer hangs is home

I haven't disappeared, just been busy. Still have a couple old-oldbies
to clobber before I get back to you.

--
The Jedi Hacker
"A Jedi uses the code for queries and filters, never for cracks."

Darth Gumby

Apr 26, 2002, 9:45:58 PM4/26/02
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:01:10 +0100, Peter Hanely transmitted this:

>Darth Gumby wrote:

>> None of the Porkinites know where Hacker went or why, and they aren't too clear
>> on why there are dozens of Goths at Elmo's party either.
>

>I haven't disappeared, just been busy.

I know that, but Sith War me doesn't know that... yet.

>Still have a couple old-oldbies
>to clobber before I get back to you.

Old-oldbies always need a good clobbering. :)

Gumby
--
Old-newbie.