[SITH WAR IX] Nine, Dudes!

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 8, 2002, 1:03:03 AM1/8/02
[Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!

Come on, folks, abandon the crossposting madness and join me in a brand
new froupwide conflict!

Muuurgh brought the Porkscrew out of hyperspace above RASSM Planet and set
a course for the Hall of Ham. It had been a dull, boring, ordinary,
*dangerous* mission, removing the Jedi Hacker's latest round of explosives
from Red-Six. The wired weenie had set charges weekly for the last two
months. Muuurgh wondered when the kid would just give up and go back to
running guns for the citizens of RASSM City.

The Porkscrew lit its ponderous mass next to the giant barbecue pit
outside the Hall. Muuurgh walked in through the extra-wide doors and
found the usual mess - half-eaten bologna sandwiches, half-drunk bottles
of gin, and half-mildewed socks. *Who says we don't do things by halves,*
he thought. But he found no one to report to.

He wandered across the RASSM City Mall to the statue of Rich Handley, and
the model of the two buildings. Those buildings had appeared one day,
without warning or explanation. They were a bright silver, and did not
tarnish.

The two monuments were in the center of a large reflecting pool. Or at
least they were this time around. The statue had bizarrely survived every
single destruction of the planet since it was erected, and the model
seemed likely to do the same, but the surroundings changed every time, at
the whim of whatever archiatect was in fashion at the time.

As he gazed across the pool towards the monuments he heard a faint
whimpering. Looking over the edge of the pool, he saw Gumby, floating
faceup and wiping tears away with its hanky. "All gone," the childlike
green thing said.

"Who's gone?"

"Jade, C'Pi, uh, the NPCs... Everyone!" Gumby was stricken by fresh sobs.
It clung to Muuurgh's leg.

"What? What happened?

"Lucas - clones - boy band - and she's never coming bha-ha-hack!"

Aboard the Highly Unlikely (I think that's the name of the latest one,
Rim? Little help?) Dan'l was playing "Metal Gear Solid 2" on the ship's
computer. (This scene should serve to date the work in case the
archaeologists dig it up.) He'd seen the reports of the latest outrage
and he was trying to take out his frustration on the innocent electrons.

Rimunner walked in and said, "Can't you think of anything better to do
with my ship than play video games on it?"

Dan'l glared back at her, a retort at the ready, but as he turned away
from the screen Snake took a bullet. Dan'l cursed loudly and said "OF
COURSE I can! I've TOLD you what I want to do!"

"For the last time, you are not using my ship - "

"It's a rock."

" - my *ship* to nuke Modesto in retaliation. Nor are you going to use my
ship - "

"It's not a ship, it's a giant potato."

"It is NOT a potato," growled Rimrunner, "and you will NOT use it to go
back in time and kill Justin Timberlake's grandfather. NOR will you use
it to kidnap Rupert Murdoch, NOR will you use it to wreak vengeance upon
the Jedi Hacker. Frankly I think you're obsessing over that last one."

Dan'l waved his hand. "Old business. But what the hell good is an
Improbability Drive spud - "

"SHIP!"

"Whatever! What good is it if you're not going to *use* it?"

"Well come up with a better use!"

R5-P1 and its sidekick, the Jedi Hacker, hurtled through space with a
fresh supply of nuclear devices and other high explosives. They were
destined for Red-Six. Pi was worried about its protege, and had decided
to come along on this flight. The Hacker's obsession with blowing up the
Porkinites' farm planet only grew, and he was undeterred by his repeated
lack of success. It was easy enough for Pi to insinuate itself into the
Hacker's plans, as there was some confusion on the kid's part as to who
was the hero and who was the sidekick.

Pi rolled into the Hacker's quarters and found him staring raptly at a
small picture. Hacker quickly hid the pic and said, "Oh, uh, Pi, I wanted
to talk to you. Have you finished aligning the phase reverberator yet?"

*Phase whatsis?* thought Pi, but it was used to such outbursts from its
ward. "Of course. I've also isolated the negative flux power conduit."
That improv programming was paying off.

"Oh good." The Hacker seemed to think he had fooled the droid. "What's
next on the agenda?"

"I advise you to recheck your explosives before we hit Red-Six. We want
them to work this time. Also go over the target sites, try to find
somewhere a little less conspicuous. I mean, I know the giant statue of
Porkins is an obvious target, but in his *navel*?"

"Well, if I could have I'd have shoved up his - never mind, point is it's
the only orifice on the statue that's not on his face. Anyhow, thanks for
the suggestions," said the Hacker, and walked out of the room.

*Suggestions, forsooth!* thought Pi. The Hacker had been going through an
advanced maturation process since he had been rescued from the Porkinites.
He was now at the 15-year-old stage, and thought he knew everything.

Pi crossed over to the dresser drawer where the kid had stashed the
picture. It fished out the Polaroid and was unsuprised to discover it was
a girl. After all, the kid was going through puberty again. *Who* the
girl was astonished it. One would think that after being attacked by a
menagerie of xenofauna, the kid could take the hint.

Hawkins buried his face in his hands. He and the Shaven Wookies had tried
everything to stop the roving personality bomb that was Skuzz. This week
the former badass was the Crocodile Hunter.

Skuzz had been chasing, capturing, manhandling, and releasing Alice's
Pokemon for the last five days. It was fortunate for him that the
creatures seemed to enjoy it, otherwise they may have hurt him badly. At
the moment he was sneaking up behind one of the pink things. He kept
talking over his shoulder to a shaven wookie with a videocamera.

"Ere we see da majestic Jigglypuff! Obsehrve the strange 'airy growth on
top of his 'ead! Oi suspect it's some kind of mating display!"

Ewanpuff pointedly looked the other way and pretended not to notice the
man sneaking up behind it. The camera-wookie wuffed in amusement.

"See that micraphone 'e's 'olding in 'is 'and? Oi 'ave to be EXTREEEMLY
careful not ot let 'im sing, or Oi'll bleed owt and die! Dainger,
dainger, dainger! 'Ere we go!"

Skuzz tackled Ewanpuff from behind and made a grab for the microphone.
Ewanpuff squealed in delight and almost managed to squirm out of Skuzz's
grip, but the man had it pinned. Skuzz stood up with the Pokemon in his
arms and showed it to the camera.

"See 'ow 'is ears stick up? 'At means 'es in perfect 'ealth, as 'e should
be with as much food as 'e gets roun' 'ere! The 'airy growth appears to
be a toupee! 'Oo'd a believed it?"

Skuzz released Ewanpuff just as Alice walked into the room. The Pokemon
scurried to its mistress. Alice said, "Listen, 'Awkins - I mean Hawkins,
sorry, it's catching - You've got to do something about Skuzz. Eventually
he's going to get one of my Pikachus mad and he'll REALLY be in dainger.
I mean danger."

"Let him." Hawkins was past caring. "I just can't figure out how to stop
it. We can't reprogram him any more, he's already got no room left on his
drives, so to speak. And this boy band thing - I just can't seem to focus
any more. I've devoted my life to a lie."

"Well, I have an idea," said Alice.

"Go ask Alice," Hawkins joked weakly.

"Ha, no what I mean is we can still keep this from happening. The movie
isn't out yet."

"How do we stop it?"

"We have to kidnap the band. The ransom will be their removal from the
movie."

"How do we kidnap them?"

"We have to do everything but to catch N*Sync."

"What?" Hawkins blinked. "Everything but what?"

"Everything but the kitchen sink! - uh..." It was Alice's turn to blink.
"No wait, that wasn't what I said. I was TRYING to say we have to do
everything we can to catch the Backstreet Boys."

"Why would we want to catch them? They're not in the movie."

"Well, uh, they're cute!" said Alice.

"I don't believe this," said Hawkins.

"Bewdy!" said Skuzz.

"I'm bored. Want to do anything?" TMWTGL asked.

"I dunno," replied McEwok, "What do you want to do?"

"I hate you both," said the Sing While You're Winning.

Briefly, the author wondered where the hell Trory and his friends and
enemies went. Except he remembered that Tilson won.

Feeling left out? Write yer own damn story. This is just some fluid and
charcoal. Burn baby burn!

Too much work for the "kitchen sink" pun, but at least it's current.

Daniel O. Miller

Here in my car,
The image breaks down,
Will you visit me please,
If I open my door,
In cars...

Rainbow Heron

Jan 8, 2002, 1:51:35 AM1/8/02
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:03:03 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
<dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

>[Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!
>
>Come on, folks, abandon the crossposting madness and join me in a brand
>new froupwide conflict!

YAY!!!!

>"Jade, C'Pi, uh, the NPCs... Everyone!" Gumby was stricken by fresh sobs.
>It clung to Muuurgh's leg.
>
>"What? What happened?
>
>"Lucas - clones - boy band - and she's never coming bha-ha-hack!"

<almost starts to cry>

>Aboard the Highly Unlikely (I think that's the name of the latest one,
>Rim? Little help?)

Did Rim get a new one during the interlude? Well it *is* an
*Improbability* Drive after all...

>Red-Six.

Must go read archives...

>He was now at the 15-year-old stage, and thought he knew everything.

<ng is says to let it know when he hits the 598 y.o. stage where he's
older than the hills, senile, in a wheelchair, and drooling>

Now now ng sig...

>Pi crossed over to the dresser drawer where the kid had stashed the
>picture. It fished out the Polaroid and was unsuprised to discover it was
>a girl. After all, the kid was going through puberty again. *Who* the
>girl was astonished it. One would think that after being attacked by a
>menagerie of xenofauna, the kid could take the hint.

He'd better.

>Hawkins buried his face in his hands. He and the Shaven Wookies had tried
>everything to stop the roving personality bomb that was Skuzz. This week
>the former badass was the Crocodile Hunter.

ROTFLMH&AO!!!!!!!!

Go Steve-o!

>Skuzz had been chasing, capturing, manhandling, and releasing Alice's
>Pokemon for the last five days. It was fortunate for him that the
>creatures seemed to enjoy it, otherwise they may have hurt him badly. At
>the moment he was sneaking up behind one of the pink things. He kept
>talking over his shoulder to a shaven wookie with a videocamera.

ROTFLMH&AO!!!!!!!! again

>"Ere we see da majestic Jigglypuff! Obsehrve the strange 'airy growth on
>top of his 'ead! Oi suspect it's some kind of mating display!"
>
>Ewanpuff pointedly looked the other way and pretended not to notice the
>man sneaking up behind it. The camera-wookie wuffed in amusement.
>
>"See that micraphone 'e's 'olding in 'is 'and? Oi 'ave to be EXTREEEMLY
>careful not ot let 'im sing, or Oi'll bleed owt and die! Dainger,
>dainger, dainger! 'Ere we go!"
>
>Skuzz tackled Ewanpuff from behind and made a grab for the microphone.
>Ewanpuff squealed in delight and almost managed to squirm out of Skuzz's
>grip, but the man had it pinned. Skuzz stood up with the Pokemon in his
>arms and showed it to the camera.
>
>"See 'ow 'is ears stick up? 'At means 'es in perfect 'ealth, as 'e should
>be with as much food as 'e gets roun' 'ere! The 'airy growth appears to
>be a toupee! 'Oo'd a believed it?"

still ROTFLMH&AO!!!!!!!!

>"Let him." Hawkins was past caring. "I just can't figure out how to stop
>it. We can't reprogram him any more, he's already got no room left on his
>drives, so to speak. And this boy band thing - I just can't seem to focus
>any more. I've devoted my life to a lie."
>
>"Well, I have an idea," said Alice.
>
>"Go ask Alice," Hawkins joked weakly.
>
>"Ha, no what I mean is we can still keep this from happening. The movie
>isn't out yet."
>
>"How do we stop it?"
>
>"We have to kidnap the band. The ransom will be their removal from the
>movie."

This'll be interesting...

Hmmm...Jigglypuffs vs Boy Bands...yesssss I could do something with
that...

<gets brilliant idea>

OOOHHH yes I can *definately* do something with that!

...<re-reads that from a different pov>...

NO not *THAT* you you...grrrrrr...shut up Dan'l!

>"I'm bored. Want to do anything?" TMWTGL asked.
>
>"I dunno," replied McEwok, "What do you want to do?"
>
>"I hate you both," said the Sing While You're Winning.

*snark*

>Too much work for the "kitchen sink" pun, but at least it's current.

*I* got! *I* liked it!

<applauds the first post of SW9>

Hey where's the summary?

-Rainbow Heron
(sig wondered what would happen to Hawkins' kitchen sink from
earlier...did Hawkins foresee it perchance?)

Too tired to write tonight.
http://web.infoave.net/~rkanderson/rassm/swc.htm
Rainbow Heron's Sith War Characters Page
Jell-o jigglers are like Gak
...except they don't make that fart noise.

Rimrunner

Jan 8, 2002, 2:50:04 AM1/8/02
On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 06:51:35 GMT, Rainbow Heron <rainbo...@ftc-i.net> wrote:
>On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:03:03 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
><dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
>
>>[Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!
>>
>>Come on, folks, abandon the crossposting madness and join me in a brand
>>new froupwide conflict!
>
>YAY!!!!

Uh-oh.

>>"Jade, C'Pi, uh, the NPCs... Everyone!" Gumby was stricken by fresh sobs.
>>It clung to Muuurgh's leg.
>>
>>"What? What happened?
>>
>>"Lucas - clones - boy band - and she's never coming bha-ha-hack!"
>
><almost starts to cry>

*looks confused*

>>Aboard the Highly Unlikely (I think that's the name of the latest one,
>>Rim? Little help?)
>
>Did Rim get a new one during the interlude? Well it *is* an
>*Improbability* Drive after all...

Yeah, the insurance company sent me a new ship.

>>Hawkins buried his face in his hands. He and the Shaven Wookies had tried
>>everything to stop the roving personality bomb that was Skuzz. This week
>>the former badass was the Crocodile Hunter.
>
>ROTFLMH&AO!!!!!!!!
>
>Go Steve-o!

*hawl* Too funny.

[snip]

>>"Ha, no what I mean is we can still keep this from happening. The movie
>>isn't out yet."
>>
>>"How do we stop it?"
>>
>>"We have to kidnap the band. The ransom will be their removal from the
>>movie."
>
>This'll be interesting...
>
>Hmmm...Jigglypuffs vs Boy Bands...yesssss I could do something with
>that...

Oh my god.

-g,
hiding under cockpit control panel
--
WORDS FOR SALE: http://www.drizzle.com/~rimrun/words.html
"An artist's expression is his soul made apparent." -- Bruce Lee

M. Harris

Jan 8, 2002, 3:09:48 AM1/8/02
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:03:03 -0500 : Daniel Olin Miller says...

> [Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!

[snipola]

Wha...? What happened to Sith War 8.157432999?

Starting up a Sith War in the middle of all this. You're eeeevil.

* * * * *

H.A.R.R.I.S. the Droid Brain, deep in her comfy hidey-hole in the
ground, was in "bored" mode busy crunching prime numbers when the
alarm bells went off signaling the start of a new Sith War. Someone
was clearly feeling diabolical. She couldn't help thinking that with
the meager cast of characters, that IX would be a mighty sorry Sith
War. Was it even possible to have one without Trory or Sal? Not even
a C'Pi? What about an Archon? Even Cheetah! was missing.
"Inconthievable!"

But yes, the latest Episode II news was too bizarre... too twisted...
to let things lie. There was clearly a conspiracy afoot to destroy
RASSM and perhaps all Star Wars fandom. Once, under the wise rule of
Gary Kurtz, Marcia Lucas, and George Lucas... Star Wars throve and
grew. But as often happens, when wealth and power pass beyond the
admirable and attain the awesome, even the most honorable of men can
be corrupted. Once secure in office George Lucas declared himself
Emperor, shutting himself away from the populace. Soon he was
controlled by the very assistants and boot-lickers he had appointed to
high office, and the cries of the fans for justice did not reach his
ears. Or maybe Lucas was his own clone. Or maybe he was Patty Duke.

At any rate, Harris knew that things could not be set right in RASSM
unless a certain Sith-Lord-turned-Jedi-Master could be found. She had
a mission. And for that, she would need a body again...

DarthGumby

Jan 8, 2002, 4:41:22 AM1/8/02
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:03:03 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
telepathically conveyed:

>[Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!

<snip>

<Threepio> Here we go again </3P0>

*reads and laughs, then pauses*

Am I the only one that got the joke?

*looks around, notices Jade still isn't back*

It was a joke, right?

Gumby

Somebody call Muuurgh and Olos, we got us some sort of
throw-down to attend.

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 8, 2002, 10:07:25 AM1/8/02
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:

> Hey where's the summary?

Oh, uh:

Jade has GONE AWAY and vowed never to return. Most of the Porkinites have
drifted away.

Dan'l's getting frustrates with owning a huge toy and not being allowed to
play with it.

Hack-child is now in his early teens. Still trying to blow up Red-Six.

Hawkins & co. are about to embark on some kind of plot, but they're not
sure what yet.

'K?

C'Pi

Jan 8, 2002, 10:17:04 AM1/8/02

"Daniel Olin Miller" <dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote in message

> [Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!

Oh, fuck.

C'Pi

Paula

Jan 8, 2002, 11:30:07 AM1/8/02

"Daniel Olin Miller" <dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote in message
> [Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!

<snip>

You know I had a funny memory pop in my head after reading this... when I
first joined rassm, I read almost everypost (except "The World's Longest
Thread" and the SW vs ST stuff) and I think it was the 2nd Sith War where
someone had just released the Blue Harvest virus and the Death Star had
landed in Scott Chitwood's yard.

Those were the days :)

Paula

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 8, 2002, 12:02:03 PM1/8/02

No, that was the first one!

Anyone seen my old nemesis Chithead in RASSM recently?

Galactic Boobies

Jan 8, 2002, 1:34:58 PM1/8/02

"C'Pi" <jas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You know you want it.

> C'Pi

Jade
--
*scratches elbow*

Rainbow Heron

Jan 8, 2002, 3:18:37 PM1/8/02
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:07:25 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
<dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Rainbow Heron wrote:
>
>> Hey where's the summary?
>
>Oh, uh:
>
>Jade has GONE AWAY and vowed never to return. Most of the Porkinites have
>drifted away.
>
>Dan'l's getting frustrates with owning a huge toy and not being allowed to
>play with it.
>
>Hack-child is now in his early teens. Still trying to blow up Red-Six.
>
>Hawkins & co. are about to embark on some kind of plot, but they're not
>sure what yet.
>
>'K?

'K!

-Rainbow Heron
(sig tells RH to go read up on that Red-Six stuff)

Thank you!

Peter Hanely

Jan 8, 2002, 6:42:45 AM1/8/02
M. Harris wrote:

>Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:03:03 -0500 : Daniel Olin Miller says...
>
>>[Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!
>>

>[snipola]
>

>At any rate, Harris knew that things could not be set right in RASSM
>unless a certain Sith-Lord-turned-Jedi-Master could be found. She had
>a mission. And for that, she would need a body again...

Had something in mind as a recovery in case TJH got sliced and diced,
but It'd work
for a computer in need of a body, and I'm certainly willing to share it.

Would you believe a battle droid version of an R7?

--
The Jedi Hacker
"A Jedi uses the code for queries and filters, never for cracks."

Peter Hanely

Jan 8, 2002, 6:49:43 AM1/8/02
Daniel Olin Miller wrote:

>[Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!

>R5-P1 and its sidekick, the Jedi Hacker, hurtled through space with a
>fresh supply of nuclear devices and other high explosives. They were
>destined for Red-Six. Pi was worried about its protege, and had decided
>to come along on this flight. The Hacker's obsession with blowing up the
>Porkinites' farm planet only grew, and he was undeterred by his repeated
>lack of success. It was easy enough for Pi to insinuate itself into the
>Hacker's plans, as there was some confusion on the kid's part as to who
>was the hero and who was the sidekick.

><snip>

>Pi crossed over to the dresser drawer where the kid had stashed the
>picture. It fished out the Polaroid and was unsuprised to discover it was
>a girl. After all, the kid was going through puberty again. *Who* the
>girl was astonished it. One would think that after being attacked by a
>menagerie of xenofauna, the kid could take the hint.

>Daniel O. Miller

My plans were to mostly ignore the porkinites. As for treat Alice, I was
going to theat her,
along with Hawkins, with pure contempt. But I could twist things into a
mad adolesent crush.
(No, I'm not going to <bleep> her.)

Hint: Hawkins is harboring Alice.

Galactic Boobies

Jan 8, 2002, 4:05:59 PM1/8/02

"Peter Hanely" <han...@no-spam.calweb.com> wrote in message

> My plans were to mostly ignore the porkinites. As for treat Alice, I was
> going to theat her,
> along with Hawkins, with pure contempt. But I could twist things into a
> mad adolesent crush.
> (No, I'm not going to <bleep> her.)
>
> Hint: Hawkins is harboring Alice.

Spoiler Space! Spoiler Space! Spoiler Space!

Jade
--
Go read the FAQ.

Policrat'

Jan 8, 2002, 5:54:39 PM1/8/02
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark C'Pi:

Yippee!

> C'Pi

Pol'

M. Harris

Jan 8, 2002, 6:23:20 PM1/8/02
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 11:42:45 +0000 : Peter Hanely says...

> M. Harris wrote:
>
> >Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:03:03 -0500 : Daniel Olin Miller says...
> >
> >>[Sith War IX] Nine, dudes!
> >>

> >[snipola]
> >
> >At any rate, Harris knew that things could not be set right in RASSM
> >unless a certain Sith-Lord-turned-Jedi-Master could be found. She had
> >a mission. And for that, she would need a body again...
> >

> Had something in mind as a recovery in case TJH got sliced and diced,
> but It'd work
> for a computer in need of a body, and I'm certainly willing to share it.
>
> Would you believe a battle droid version of an R7?

I'm a fan of the can but hot roddin' around in a mobile trash can
isn't fer me. :)

But a Robot Wars / Robotica contender toddling around might be cool.
You should do that if anyone ever removes your brain with an ice cream
scoop. Of course, you have to add a battle wedge or you'll never
survive...

C'Pi

Jan 8, 2002, 8:57:40 PM1/8/02

"Galactic Boobies" <jad...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Will it hurt? Please, be gentle.

> > C'Pi
>
> Jade
> --
> *scratches elbow*

*scratches knuckle*

C'Pi

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 8, 2002, 9:12:40 PM1/8/02
On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, C'Pi wrote:

> "Galactic Boobies" <jad...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "C'Pi" <jas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Daniel Olin Miller" <dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Oh, fuck.
> > >

> > You know you want it.
>
> Will it hurt? Please, be gentle.

Just have a drink and try not to think about it.

> > > C'Pi
> >
> > Jade
> > --
> > *scratches elbow*
>
> *scratches knuckle*

*scratches... uh, never mind.*

Rimrunner

Jan 9, 2002, 3:09:20 AM1/9/02
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:02:03 -0500, Daniel Olin Miller
<dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

[snip]

>Anyone seen my old nemesis Chithead in RASSM recently?

No, but I got an e-mail from him last month.

I mentioned that we were up to 8.1. I think it disturbed him.

-g,
as well it should