My opinion of the NSync saga...

Michael Ponte

Jan 10, 2002, 10:22:35 PM1/10/02
NSync...

I've been watching some of you cry and moan about their appearance in the
film. I personally could have cared less. They could have placed all the
winners of the American Music Awards in the movie and I would not have felt
one way or the other about it.

Now, the band has been cut due to the negative reaction from the fans. All I
can say, is that this is a really horrible thing.

How many of us would die for a chance to be in this film. I bet that some of
us would sell our souls (or maybe a body part or two) to have this chance.

These three guys have lost thier chance to be in this film because of us,
the 'fans'. I'm not gonna make some stupid boast like "I will never see SW
again because of this outrage" But this is one of those things that really
knaws at me.

If they were legitimately cut from the film due to the regular editorial
process, that would be one thing. That is not the case however. They have
said in public that the response of the fans caused them to be cut on
Florida radio.

I am sure that many of you are sitting back thinking about how powerful and
great you feel because YOU made a difference. YOU forced Lucas to see
reason. YOU saved Star Wars.

YOU caused a few Star Wars fans to miss a chance at the dream most of us
have had since we were first exposed to Star Wars. You did that. You.

--
-Michael Ponte: The (tough)Love Machine

"Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight who
would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean,
really, it was half-witted." -Christopher Lee

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 10, 2002, 10:36:40 PM1/10/02
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Michael Ponte wrote:

> YOU caused a few Star Wars fans to miss a chance at the dream most of us
> have had since we were first exposed to Star Wars. You did that. You.

Not me. I'm a quivering blob of apathy.

Not Gumby either, he's a meat Popsicle.

Daniel O. Miller

Here in my car,
The image breaks down,
Will you visit me please,
If I open my door,
In cars...

Sean Walsh

Jan 10, 2002, 11:08:17 PM1/10/02
Michael Ponte <michae...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Hang on a tic...

Joey Fatone is the only person who's come out and said anything. A
ticked-off member of the 3-man-gang set to cameo in the film.

And like all humans are: if you get ticked off...it sets you onto a tangent
from the truth, because now you've got a objective opinion on the subject.
Doesn't mean that's the absolute truth.

I continue, quoting from a rep from LucasFilm (Lynn Hale) that appears at
Theforce.net:
--
"So can those griping Star Wars fans finally breath easy? Not quite.
Lucasfilm spokeswoman Lynn Hale wouldn't confirm Thursday whether 'N Sync

"The 'N Sync guys were shot as extras, and whether they're in or out won't
be determined until the final edit," Hale says.

... His wasn't the only heart broken over the casting. Star Wars geeks let
out a collective yelp last week when word leaked that 'N Sync shot a scene
for Clones, no matter how brief and inconsequential it may have been.

But Lucasfilm rep Hale denies that public criticism will have any effect on
whether the boys stay or go from the film. "George makes all his decisions
himself," Hale added. "And the final edit of the film is what he determines
it will be."
--

So here it is. The news of N'sync's removal from the movie is just some
pissed off boy-band putz blaming fan reaction. The easy route: blame someone

And besides, there was talk **the day after** it was announced that the
scene might not even be in the movie. If it gets cut, the easy route is to
blame the fans. But for all we know...maybe it wasn't going to even be in
the movie from the get-go...

Trust me, in all my searching for the pissed-off SW fans' thoughts for AOTC
N'Syncgate (still coming soon to a URL near you - cheap plug, cheap plug), I
learned a lot about this whole series of events.

Trust me. Too. Damn. Much.

:p

Sean
:)

--
New Gods Library: http://fastbak.tripod.com
Quantum Piett! http://www.geocities.com/quantumpiett/

Paula

Jan 10, 2002, 11:26:14 PM1/10/02

"Daniel Olin Miller" <dmil...@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote in message

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Michael Ponte wrote:
>
> > YOU caused a few Star Wars fans to miss a chance at the dream most of us
> > have had since we were first exposed to Star Wars. You did that. You.
>
> Not me. I'm a quivering blob of apathy.
>
> Not Gumby either, he's a meat Popsicle.

Not Paula, either. She's a fan of *//\\//sync :)

Maul 672

Jan 11, 2002, 1:25:52 AM1/11/02
>>YOU caused a few Star Wars fans to miss a chance at the dream most of us
have had since we were first exposed to Star Wars. You did that. You.<<

HEY. I will take ALL the blame.. I would LOVE to. This is stupid from the
beginning. NSUCK is the New Kids of the day. They have no real talent at all.
To put them in a movie just because a bunch of horny little girls scream when
they walk out is not a reason. Yeah, now it is time to feel sorry for these
pricks. fuck that..

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 11, 2002, 1:29:29 AM1/11/02
Michael Ponte wrote:

> NSync...
>
> I've been watching some of you cry and moan about their appearance in the
> film. I personally could have cared less. They could have placed all the
> winners of the American Music Awards in the movie and I would not have felt
> one way or the other about it.
>
> Now, the band has been cut due to the negative reaction from the fans. All I
> can say, is that this is a really horrible thing.
>
> How many of us would die for a chance to be in this film. I bet that some of
> us would sell our souls (or maybe a body part or two) to have this chance.
>
> These three guys have lost thier chance to be in this film because of us,
> the 'fans'. I'm not gonna make some stupid boast like "I will never see SW
> again because of this outrage" But this is one of those things that really
> knaws at me.
>
> If they were legitimately cut from the film due to the regular editorial
> process, that would be one thing. That is not the case however. They have
> said in public that the response of the fans caused them to be cut on
> Florida radio.
>
> I am sure that many of you are sitting back thinking about how powerful and
> great you feel because YOU made a difference. YOU forced Lucas to see
> reason. YOU saved Star Wars.
>
> YOU caused a few Star Wars fans to miss a chance at the dream most of us
> have had since we were first exposed to Star Wars. You did that. You.

I agree, I think it's a shame that all the complaining ended in this.
Star Wars fans like you and me, getting cut out because the fans didn't
want a 2-second cameo appearance.

--
Jostein H

Anybody

Jan 11, 2002, 1:47:21 AM1/11/02
In article <3C3E864B...@online.no>, Jostein Hakestad
<au...@online.no> wrote:

> Michael Ponte wrote:
>
> I agree, I think it's a shame that all the complaining ended in this.
> Star Wars fans like you and me, getting cut out because the fans didn't
> want a 2-second cameo appearance.

It's not over yet.

See my message titled "N'Stync back in?!?! Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!! :-O"

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 11, 2002, 2:36:55 AM1/11/02
Anybody wrote:

> It's not over yet.
>
> See my message titled "N'Stync back in?!?! Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!! :-O"

Yeah, I know.

the truth is: I don't care if they're in the movie or not. It won't
lessen or increase my appreciation of it.

--
Jostein H

Galactic Boobies

Jan 11, 2002, 8:29:47 AM1/11/02

"Paula" <m...@yourmoms.house> wrote in message

Aww! Did you have to go and make the 'Jazzy N'? I'm eating here.

Jade
--
*gurgle*

Policrat'

Jan 11, 2002, 8:42:47 AM1/11/02
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Michael Ponte:

> NSync...
>
> I've been watching some of you cry and moan about their appearance in the
> film. I personally could have cared less. They could have placed all the
> winners of the American Music Awards in the movie and I would not have felt
> one way or the other about it.
>
> Now, the band has been cut due to the negative reaction from the fans. All I
> can say, is that this is a really horrible thing.
>
> How many of us would die for a chance to be in this film. I bet that some of
> us would sell our souls (or maybe a body part or two) to have this chance.
>
> These three guys have lost thier chance to be in this film because of us,
> the 'fans'. I'm not gonna make some stupid boast like "I will never see SW
> again because of this outrage" But this is one of those things that really
> knaws at me.
>
> If they were legitimately cut from the film due to the regular editorial
> process, that would be one thing. That is not the case however. They have
> said in public that the response of the fans caused them to be cut on
> Florida radio.
>
> I am sure that many of you are sitting back thinking about how powerful and
> great you feel because YOU made a difference. YOU forced Lucas to see
> reason. YOU saved Star Wars.
>
> YOU caused a few Star Wars fans to miss a chance at the dream most of us
> have had since we were first exposed to Star Wars. You did that. You.

Yeah. What he said.

> -Michael Ponte: The (tough)Love Machine

Pol'

Paula

Jan 11, 2002, 9:07:08 AM1/11/02

"Galactic Boobies" <jad...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

I thought it looked kewl :)

Paula
going through a midlife crisis

Galactic Boobies

Jan 11, 2002, 10:44:58 AM1/11/02

"Paula" <m...@yourmoms.house> wrote in message

It was. I'm just frightened of them.

> Paula
> going through a midlife crisis

Jade
--
I'm going through midmorning digestive distress.

Paula

Jan 11, 2002, 11:49:14 AM1/11/02

"Galactic Boobies" <jad...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

You take some Phazyme and I'll take my Paxil.

Paula

Daniel Olin Miller

Jan 11, 2002, 12:01:54 PM1/11/02

I'd rather go read the new Sith War posts. Sorry, weenie!

M. Harris

Jan 11, 2002, 12:52:31 PM1/11/02
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:29:29 +0100 : Jostein Hakestad says...

Are you kidding? I whined and got my way! This news made my day.
Woo hoo! :)

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 11, 2002, 12:59:53 PM1/11/02
"M. Harris" wrote:

> Are you kidding? I whined and got my way! This news made my day.
> Woo hoo! :)

Yes, keep it going and maybe J.K Rowling will edit N'Sync out of her
next Potter book.

--
Jostein H

Galactic Boobies

Jan 11, 2002, 1:01:05 PM1/11/02

"Paula" <m...@yourmoms.house> wrote in message

Hate to think what would happen if we got those mixed up.

Jade
--
happy heartburn.

M. Harris

Jan 11, 2002, 1:17:54 PM1/11/02
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:59:53 GMT : Jostein Hakestad says...

*gasp* *blink* *pause*

That wasn't funny, Jostein! Dammit, you always take things TOO far.

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 11, 2002, 1:19:38 PM1/11/02
"M. Harris" wrote:

> *gasp* *blink* *pause*
>
> That wasn't funny, Jostein! Dammit, you always take things TOO far.

Yes, in the words of Hagrid,

"I shouldn't have said that"

--
Jostein H

Phillip A. Kallas

Jan 11, 2002, 6:04:45 PM1/11/02

"Michael Ponte" <michae...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Cool!

--
Phillip A. Kallas, to the X-treme
(Feelings are for suckers.)

AMSNYD

Jan 11, 2002, 8:18:59 PM1/11/02
<< Subject: My opinion of the NSync saga...
From: "Michael Ponte" michae...@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, Jan 10, 2002 9:22 PM

[...]

Stop it you're making me cry. Actually I only really talked about it here, and
my reaction was more of an ugh than it was a "this is an outrage". I didn't
sign any petition or email Lucasfilm or anything like that because I didn't
care enough, but quite frankly, even if NSYNC's Star Wars dreams die, they've
got a billion dollars and they got to meet the Star Wars people so who cares?
I'm not crying because these pretty boys aren't getting a new toy or
opportunity.

--
Aaron Snyder
asn...@mail.usmo.com or ams...@aol.com

C'Pi

Jan 11, 2002, 10:14:03 PM1/11/02

"AMSNYD" <ams...@aol.com> wrote in message

Your quoting style confuses me. So do bright lights, but that's beside the
point.

C'Pi
The Montague Method

DarthGumby

Jan 12, 2002, 5:11:45 AM1/12/02
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:07:08 GMT, Paula telepathically
conveyed:

>"Galactic Boobies" <jad...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

>>> Not Paula, either. She's a fan of *//\\//sync :)
>>
>> Aww! Did you have to go and make the 'Jazzy N'? I'm eating here.
>
>I thought it looked kewl :)

It... does...

*walks dazedly towards the //\//*

>Paula
>going through a midlife crisis

*hands over some milk and cookies*

DG

I *heart* ASCII.

AMSNYD

Jan 12, 2002, 8:07:57 PM1/12/02
<< Subject: Re: My opinion of the NSync saga...
From: "C'Pi" jas...@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, Jan 11, 2002 9:14 PM

I can't get aol to quote the usual way. All it gives me (my version anyway)
are these damned << >> things at the beginning and end of the message. I
separate them wit extra << >> things when I have to cut in the middle of
someone's paragraph for some reason or another. That's my excuse for bad
quoting.

C'Pi

Jan 12, 2002, 9:34:41 PM1/12/02

"AMSNYD" <ams...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ok, I'll buy that. I thought you were doing it on purpose. I find myself
reading some long paragraph I read a day or two before and wondering why all
of it sounds so familiar.

C'Pi

Drew Stile

Jan 14, 2002, 9:43:53 PM1/14/02
"Michael Ponte" <michae...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> NSync...
>
> I've been watching some of you cry and moan about their appearance in the
> film. I personally could have cared less. They could have placed all the
> winners of the American Music Awards in the movie and I would not have
felt
> one way or the other about it.
>
> Now, the band has been cut due to the negative reaction from the fans. All
> can say, is that this is a really horrible thing.

God, I hope that's true that negative fan reaction got them cut. Are us
Star Wars fans so powerful? That's great. Maybe if we all start clamboring
now for their deaths, MTV will have NDync killed at the next MTV music
Awards. Oh, I hope to all that is holy that Star Wars fans can get
Christina Aguillera and O-Town and every other piece of crap teeny-bopper
"musician" out there burned into little clouds of noxious airs.

Please, please, please, please (Sorry, don't mind me, I'm just praying to
God)...

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 15, 2002, 4:44:47 AM1/15/02
Drew Stile wrote:

> God, I hope that's true that negative fan reaction got them cut. Are us
> Star Wars fans so powerful? That's great.

That's NOT great.

People keep saying how they were disappointed with TPM, and then begin
to make these absolutely ludicrous suggestions as to how it could have
been "the Star Wars they always wanted".

--
Jostein H

Drew Stile

Jan 15, 2002, 12:50:08 PM1/15/02
No, I don't want Star Wars fans to have the power to get things like the
screentime of Jarjar Binks changed. I just want to have enough power
collectively to make purveyors of pop culture keep boy bands out of my
childhood, thank you very much. And that is great.

"Jostein Hakestad" <au...@online.no> wrote in message

Jostein Hakestad

Jan 15, 2002, 1:29:54 PM1/15/02
Drew Stile wrote:

> No, I don't want Star Wars fans to have the power to get things like the
> screentime of Jarjar Binks changed. I just want to have enough power
> collectively to make purveyors of pop culture keep boy bands out of my
> childhood, thank you very much. And that is great.

It was a 3 second cameo amongst a hundred extras.

--
Jostein H