Ouch...

Stoney M.J. Cannibus III

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
Who else cringes when they see those Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut commercials with
the coloniel fighting battle droids along with minimum wage woman and
that...wait, what is that other thing? Is that a rat? (rhetorical.)

I can't stand it, and it's hard to keep the marketing aspect from cheapening my
experience of watching the films.

I wish Obi Wan would jump out and slice that coloniel Sanders look-alike in
half.

Same goes with that god awful lays potato chip commercial where those kids are
french kissing a bag of lays, Jar Jar style, in a movie theater (oh, you know
which one I'm talking about.). In that commercial they talk about the
'excitement' of episode 1: The Phantom Mence, then they talk about the
irresistable taste of 'Lays potato chips' (AKA 'heart attack in a bag').

The movie was a hell of a lot more exciting until I started to see all of these
stupid ass commercials. Honestly.

Bye.

(puts on flame resistant armor.)

Stone.
--
"Fuck Texass."

AMSNYD

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
>Subject: Ouch...
>From: stone...@aol.combong (Stoney M.J. Cannibus III)
>Date: Fri, 02 July 1999 08:46 AM EDT

>Who else cringes when they see those Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut commercials
>with
>the coloniel fighting battle droids along with minimum wage woman and
>that...wait, what is that other thing? Is that a rat? (rhetorical.)

Um, not me, I don't mind it, it's not like it's in the movie or anything. I
cringe more at the stupid humor IN the movie. That's FAR worse that what's in
the commercials.

>I can't stand it, and it's hard to keep the marketing aspect from cheapening
>my
>experience of watching the films.

And Jar Jar didn't?!?!?!?! It's hard to keep Jar Jar and the two headed stupid
thing from cheapening my experience of the film ;).

>I wish Obi Wan would jump out and slice that coloniel Sanders look-alike
>in
>half.
>
>Same goes with that god awful lays potato chip commercial where those kids
>are
>french kissing a bag of lays, Jar Jar style, in a movie theater (oh, you
>know
>which one I'm talking about.).

That was kind of funny, I thought.

In that commercial they talk about the
>'excitement' of episode 1: The Phantom Mence, then they talk about the
>irresistable taste of 'Lays potato chips' (AKA 'heart attack in a bag').

I didn't know Star Wars was supposed to be so health concious.

>The movie was a hell of a lot more exciting until I started to see all of
>these
>stupid ass commercials. Honestly.

Perhaps you're looking at it in the wrong way, perhaps TPM was a big commercial
for Pepsi/KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut/Hasbro/Lego/etc.
--
Aaron Snyder
asn...@mail.usmo.com or ams...@aol.com

eddz

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
I like the commercials. I think it's great how they spent
the money do to more CG effects just to sell junk.
Remember, those commercials prevent us from
seeing advertising in the movies. I don't like the
tongue one. but the other are okay. I like the
chick who punches that jerk in the nose. The
New Hope poster take-off is genius.

(e)

Peter Ferguson

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99

"Stoney M.J. Cannibus III" wrote:

> Who else cringes when they see those Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut commercials with
> the coloniel fighting battle droids along with minimum wage woman and
> that...wait, what is that other thing? Is that a rat? (rhetorical.)
>

> I can't stand it, and it's hard to keep the marketing aspect from cheapening my
> experience of watching the films.

Umm, I actually like those commercials.. I find them humerous..

Not like those Chip commercials in the theaters, with that LOOSER who's
freaking out in the theater, and then his girlfriend hits his nose.
(UGH). Or the one where the guys keep shooting their tongues out at each
other grabbing the chips etc. =P

Or the new pizza hut commercial with the little girl who says she's
queen Amidala, until her mom sets her straight explaining that it's ok
to pretend, and not to take it too far, and then by the way, "I'm Queen
Amidala" and it does this pathetic morph...

THOSE are the sucky ones.. the other ones with Minimum wage girl (lol)
are great =)
"Are you a real colonal (sp) ?"

RJ Dakota

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Stoney M.J. Cannibus III wrote:

> Who else cringes when they see those Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut commercials with
> the coloniel fighting battle droids along with minimum wage woman and
> that...wait, what is that other thing? Is that a rat? (rhetorical.)
>
> I can't stand it, and it's hard to keep the marketing aspect from cheapening my
> experience of watching the films.
>
> I wish Obi Wan would jump out and slice that coloniel Sanders look-alike in
> half.
>
> Same goes with that god awful lays potato chip commercial where those kids are
> french kissing a bag of lays, Jar Jar style, in a movie theater (oh, you know
> which one I'm talking about.). In that commercial they talk about the

> 'excitement' of episode 1: The Phantom Mence, then they talk about the
> irresistable taste of 'Lays potato chips' (AKA 'heart attack in a bag').
>
> The movie was a hell of a lot more exciting until I started to see all of these
> stupid ass commercials. Honestly.
>
> Bye.
>
> (puts on flame resistant armor.)
>
> Stone.

No need for the asbestos underwear my friend. The other day,
I saw one of said commercials and thought man this makes SW
suck, and I don't want Taco Bell either. The movie takes
place in ANOTHER GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY YOU RETARDED MARKETING
SCHMUCKS!

Oddly enough, an honest to god Star Wars commercial was THE
VERY NEXT COMMERCIAL and I thought. Now THIS is the way to
advertise SW.

I wish they would quit bastardizing the saga to sell more
pizza and burritos. In fact, these efforts backfire. I am so
insulted by what they do to Star Wars, I am now more likely
to go to Domino's or this nice family owned Mexican
Restaurant down the street.
--
R.J.Dakota
rj...@geocities.com

NLW2218

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
>Who else cringes when they see those Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut commercials
>with
>the coloniel fighting battle droids along with minimum wage woman and
>that...wait, what is that other thing? Is that a rat? (rhetorical.)

I hate those commercials. From the first time I saw it, I hated them. Most of
the tie-ins I hate. I like the Pepsi ones with the alien, where he's playing
with the cans ("Mesa Jar Jar Binks. Here for comic relief."), and I like the
Pizza Hut one with the girl who thinks she's Queen Amidala until her mom does
that pathetic morphing thing.

I say, advertising bad. But that's just me.

Natalie
"Now be brave. Don't look back."

Thomas J Vasel

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
to rec.arts.sf....@list.deja.com
The movie is great! Doesn't matter about the commercials!
And the dog is cool!
Oh well, I can see how the major repetition of these commercials could
cause insanity.

On 02 Jul 1999 12:46:34 GMT "Stoney M.J. Cannibus III"