FIDONEWS Vol.1 # 13

Mikefjedi2

Jul 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/28/96

STAR WARS NEWSLETTER Vol.1 # 13

ALL THE LATEST NEWS - July 27th, 1996

"The road to the Special Editions and the prequels"

-*[ Shadows of the Empire Toys on the Horizon]*-

Well they're finally here, SW collectors. Shadows of the Empire toys
have been spotted around the country. A few items from the line are out
right now, and the rest will follow within the next month to stores
everywhere. Heres a rundown of the Shadows toys out there now!

*Kenner SOTE Boba Fett, Ig88 2 pack
*Kenner SOTE Swoop (small numbers)
*Kenner SOTE Slave 1

other items out:

* Action Fleet Death Star Playset (TRU)
* Action Fleet Hoth Plasyet (TRU)

Be on the lookout for other Shadows of the Empire toys everywhere.

-*[ News concerning the SW Online Fan Club]*-

Here is the report from R5D4Red2 concerning the future of the Online SW
fan club and the AOL envolvement as well as the "new Holocron".

With this new incoming era, we have changed an awful lot:

--a new name, The Star Wars Online Fan Club, to make it clear that we also
have members and interests that aren't strictly AOL-related.

--a brand-new forum area that you can sink your teeth into, with our own
chat room!

--a new position: Event Coordinator, which Ghent2 has graciously filled.
He will manage the offline AND online events, including a new series of
online chats with Andy Mangels, author of "The Essential Guide to
Characters," Kevin J. Anderson, author of...well, you should be able to
think of at least ONE thing!, Tom Dupree, Star Wars editor at Bantam
Books,
Tom Veitch, author of the "Dark Empire" series, as well as much of the
"Tales of the Jedi" series, and more!

--new chairwomen of the SWOFC, Dallathblk and JessaDoc

--a new HoloCroN, with a new Windows 3.x editor, Sionell18, as well as new
Editor-In-Chief, myself, R5D4Red2. Also, Volume 3 starts following Issue
#10!

--the possibility of an E-zine that consolidates other online services and
their E-mags, including CompuServe's Echo Station (note: this is still in
development and planning stages)

--the SoloCroN, a preview of an upcoming HoloCroN issue that will be
mailed
before each issue with a graphics file attached.

--another Halloween party at Uncle Owen's (al...@usticke.org) house!

--and much more!

-*[ Star Wars - QVC Special ]*-

Just a reminder....

The next Star Wars QVC special will be on....

August 7th, 1996 10:00pm - 12 Midnight Eastern Time
Guest Host: Star Wars artist Dave Dorman !!

-*[ Inter-Fido Website ]*-

The Inter-Fido Website will be going through some changes - for the
BETTER hopefully, as we respond to the surveys that were distributed last
week. We've gotten a tremendous response from it and it REALLY HELPS
to have such a diverse opinion.

One major change that I can tell you about now, are the graphics. The
Inter-Fido logo is now smaller, making it load QUICKER ! The nameplates
have a NEW look and there are a few NEW ones - with more to come.
We will start addign scans back to the page, though the "Special Edition"
scans will not make it back. I was asked personally by LFL "higher ups"
to remove them and I will comply to those wishes.

We want to become the most comprehensive web site that we possibly can
and thanks to all of your comments - we're well on our way there.

We can't aim to please EVERYONE, but we want to be diverse enough to give
everyone SOMETHING that they like to check out when they visit!

Please - invite some Star Wars friends to come on by and visit! And,
please
come visit often yourself! I also encourage you to E-mail me from the
site and give your feedback. All comments are read and throughly
researched
for feasability.

Thanks for everything !

Mike & Nick - Inter-Fido Newsletter/Website

Next issue: July 28th, 1996

If you have information to contribute, please e-mail it to me - be sure to
include your sources. If you don't have sources, I can't put it in the
newsletter - the newsletter is FACT ONLY!!!

Wednesday Nights - AOL chat room in the "CANTINA" - 10:00pm -11:00pm EST
General Star Wars chat and a "mini"-quote trivia - I give you a quote and
you tell me who said it, and in which film ?

Hosted by Mikefjedi2 and KBusby2256

Mike Farnham - Star Wars Newsletter Marketing Director
Mikef...@aol.com

Nick Busby - Star Wars Newsletter Co Marketing Director
Kbusb...@aol.com

message "Add me to your mailing list" in the body of the message!

John Preisser

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96
to mikef...@aol.com

Remember kids that this is the same place that that bougus STAR.TXT
list came from about Kenner and their 255+ figure list).