Kiss the wawa

Karen Lofstrom

Jun 9, 2006, 7:21:10 PM6/9/06
Latest hottest Arab pop video!

<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4559854674036497542&q=Haifa>

I've never seen anything like it -- a music video featuring a sexy singer,
a toddler, a kitten, lots of chocolate and pink fake fur.

--
Karen Lofstrom lofs...@lava.net
Yes! We have wind-up sushi! -- garnered by Ranjit

Dorothy J Heydt

Jun 9, 2006, 8:18:19 PM6/9/06
In article <128k0j6...@corp.supernews.com>,

Karen Lofstrom <lofs...@lava.net> wrote:
>Latest hottest Arab pop video!
>
><http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4559854674036497542&q=Haifa>
>
>I've never seen anything like it -- a music video featuring a sexy singer,
>a toddler, a kitten, lots of chocolate and pink fake fur.

It's taking forever to load. So far, too much sexy singer, not
enough kitten.

Dorothy J. Heydt
Albany, California
djh...@kithrup.com

Nate Edel

Jun 9, 2006, 9:41:08 PM6/9/06
Karen Lofstrom <lofs...@lava.net> wrote:
> Latest hottest Arab pop video!
>
> <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4559854674036497542&q=Haifa>
>
> I've never seen anything like it -- a music video featuring a sexy singer,
> a toddler, a kitten, lots of chocolate and pink fake fur.

That was ... interesting. Thanks!

I was trying to figure out what the heck she was singing about, and found
this article, and this excerpt:

http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?i=20060529&s=diarist052906

The shoot is for her recent single, notoriously known as the Wawa song.
Supposedly, it's meant for children--a "wawa" in Arabic is what we would
call a "boo-boo" in baby talk. "See the wawa, kiss the wawa, and help it
get better," Haifa sings, dressed as various fetish archetypes like Little
Red Riding Hood and a naughty schoolgirl. You don't have to be a member of
Al Qaeda to think this is a little too kinky for kindergarten. But, as I
return upstairs to attend to my personal grooming and file my interview
for People, I wonder if perhaps that's exactly what all the lost boys of
this lost region need: a beautiful woman with fantastic tits to kiss them
where it hurts.

It answers the question of what the video was about (partially made clear by
the title, in retrospect) but this was just too weird/interesting to pass
on. I have no particular comment on (or endoresement of) what the author on
TNR had to say (although she - Haifa - is awfully cute.)

(Also blogged)

Any chance there's actually a full translated lyrics somewhere?

--
Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/

"What's the use of yearning for Elysian Fields when you know you can't get
'em, and would only let 'em out on building leases if you had 'em?" (WSG)

mike weber

Jun 10, 2006, 10:32:40 AM6/10/06

Karen Lofstrom wrote:
> Latest hottest Arab pop video!
>
> <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4559854674036497542&q=Haifa>
>
> I've never seen anything like it -- a music video featuring a sexy singer,
> a toddler, a kitten, lots of chocolate and pink fake fur.

Judging by the end credits, there may be a "Making of" video...
meta-weirdness.

Jasin Zujovic

Jun 11, 2006, 7:58:35 AM6/11/06
In article <128k0j6...@corp.supernews.com>, lofs...@lava.net
says...

> Latest hottest Arab pop video!
>
> <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4559854674036497542&q=Haifa>
>
> I've never seen anything like it -- a music video featuring a sexy singer,
> a toddler, a kitten, lots of chocolate and pink fake fur.

Is there a way to save the movie?

--
Jasin Zujovic

Dorothy J Heydt

Jun 11, 2006, 10:30:36 AM6/11/06
In article <MPG.1ef5ff31b...@news.iskon.hr>,

I downloaded it, only to discover that my system doesn't want to
play an .avi file.

But I did watch it all the way through eventually and I still
say, too much girl, too little kitten.

Daniel R. Reitman

Jun 28, 2006, 11:44:14 PM6/28/06
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:30:36 GMT, djh...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J
Heydt) wrote:

>I downloaded it, only to discover that my system doesn't want to
>play an .avi file.

>But I did watch it all the way through eventually and I still
>say, too much girl, too little kitten.

I'll agree with that. What confuses me is the sudden change in plot
halfway through.

Dan, ad nauseam