AKICIF: Origin of quote "A superior warrior uses his superior judgement in order to avoid being forced to use his superior fighting skills."

Mark Atwood

May 25, 2004, 12:03:49 AM5/25/04

I'm hunting down the original form and origin of this quote.

It's not in "The Art of War". Google isn't finding it, and it's not
in Wikiquote.

Anyone have answers or pointers?

--
Mark Atwood | When you do things right, people won't be sure
m...@pobox.com | you've done anything at all.

Robert A. Woodward

May 25, 2004, 1:28:14 AM5/25/04
In article <m23c5pm...@amsu.blackfedora.com>,
Mark Atwood <m...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm hunting down the original form and origin of this quote.
>
> It's not in "The Art of War". Google isn't finding it, and it's not
> in Wikiquote.
>
> Anyone have answers or pointers?

Just a wild guess: _A Book of Five Rings_ by Miyamoto Musashi?

--
Robert Woodward <robe...@drizzle.com>
<http://www.drizzle.com/~robertaw

Pete McCutchen

May 25, 2004, 11:37:08 AM5/25/04
On Tue, 25 May 2004 04:03:49 GMT, Mark Atwood <m...@pobox.com> wrote:

>I'm hunting down the original form and origin of this quote.
>
>It's not in "The Art of War". Google isn't finding it, and it's not
>in Wikiquote.
>
>Anyone have answers or pointers?

Sounds like something Xena would say.
--

Pete McCutchen

David Dyer-Bennet

May 25, 2004, 2:14:04 PM5/25/04
Mark Atwood <m...@pobox.com> writes:

> I'm hunting down the original form and origin of this quote.
>
> It's not in "The Art of War". Google isn't finding it, and it's not
> in Wikiquote.
>
> Anyone have answers or pointers?

Nope. But I'm amused -- I'm familar with essentially the same quote,
but about *pilots* (airplane). I wonder which is the original? It
actually makes more sense for pilots; warriors often have no
involvement in the politics that prevent, or lead to, wars.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd...@dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Pics: <http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/>,<http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>

Sea Wasp