I'd travel to the ends of time...

Sharon Hopkins

Mar 28, 1990, 3:58:12 PM3/28/90
I'd travel to the ends of time
For you, my one, my only love.
I'd force the sun to leave its track
(If you were lost) to fetch you back.
I'd suck the juices from a lime,
I'd re-write Moby Dick in rhyme,
I'd happily commit a crime,
For you my dearest darling dove.
I'd do it all, and more beside;
Now *would* you take the trash outside?

--Sharon Hopkins

Larry Wall

Mar 28, 1990, 8:33:04 PM3/28/90
In article <75...@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV> sha...@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Sharon Hopkins) writes:
: I'd travel to the ends of time

So he said

Outside chance

"Now *would* you take the trash outside" you say,
So confident that all you've said before
Must with its easy humor gain rapport,
And gently, smoothly, force me out the door.
"Now *would* you take the trash outside" you bray,
Offended that I deprecate your wit,
You stand upon your stage and pitch your fit,
Perform your heart to rags--but here I sit.
"Now *would* you take the trash outside" you shriek!
Above my world you circle. I am weak.
Your vulture's heart forgets the good you seek--
Now all you want is flesh within your beak.
The structure of your scene is still too tight.
I need a beat, a chance to choose what's right.

and

I've taken the trash out innumerable times,
I've taken the trash out in inclement climes,
I've taken the trash out 'cuz that's what I do,
But I won't take the trash out when you tell me to.

Or something like that...

Larry Wall
(no relation)
lw...@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov