WILL I HAVE TO MOVE.

Glen Fletcher

Feb 27, 2001, 6:45:57 AM2/27/01
I need to see some sanity tonight
Small minded soals in positions of power over my free thoughts
I know it sounds like a classic paranoia admittance form ready to be penned
Give me a break from your bullshit about protecting me from myself

I've never had protection from you before as you smiled and smirked
Maybe you should tell me a joke about a mental health system full of
torturer's
Perhaps it's time for this system so cold to tell what it knows
My inner life is a death camp

The flowers outside my room
I cannot believe the dark energies have not killed their colours
I need to get well by having treatment choices right now
I do not need to hear a moral speech from the forces of evil

I love my country
I may have to move to that hole London again to get well
The only cure for this depression is in the form of a pill they call illegal
Call what you don't like illegal but cover your arses while my death is seen
as nothing for 12 years

All on my own with my pills and a horrible job just to earn enough is all
that I need
I have been tortured for to long
Thanks again authority machine for yet more needless pain
You the manufacturer of misery please die.
BABYMASH.

Rex Savage

Feb 27, 2001, 5:00:47 PM2/27/01
that shit is easy for you, jr. don't let old ebenezer get you down - he
just don't know real poetry from shit. he ain't got no soal.

"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

> j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
> <97gkt...@drn.newsguy.com>...
> >
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> >
> > MAN is this poetry shit easy!
> >
> > j r sherman
>
> It looks like the needle got stuck
> While you were writing that muck
> You can take out the word poetry
> You must have done it on the lavatory
>
> E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

Feb 27, 2001, 5:10:22 PM2/27/01

Rex Savage <rexds...@home.com> wrote in article
<jsVm6.481796$U46.14...@news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>...

> that shit is easy for you, jr.

That's what I'd thought about his piece of shit.
Isn't... oops... Ain't that right?

E. Scrooge

Elvira Selow

Feb 27, 2001, 5:40:40 PM2/27/01
there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why I found certain
other poetry groups somewhat boring was they had no j r.

elvira

"Rex Savage":

Scott Murphy

Feb 27, 2001, 6:51:23 PM2/27/01

"j r sherman" <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote:
[. . .]
> I am Special
> I am Special!
> I am
>
> Special.

> MAN is this poetry shit easy!
>

> love and kisses,
>
> j r sherman

I need to get well by having treatment choices right now,
ones that don't require me to do anything except swallow pills,
ones that let me sit on my hands because they get so cold
if I don't.

I need to get warm hands by having new pills right now,
and I need new mittens just in case. Also clay for my
pottery. Not just any clay, but special clay that I can
squeeze through the internet. People outside New Zealand
need to see my pottery so they will love it like I love it
and they will want to come sit on my hands in case my
own ass goes cold and the mittens don't work and the new pills
are really torture pills again.

Doctor, why do you hurt me so? I need the secret drugs
you won't tell me about. I need to get well by having
treatment choices right now, and if I don't get what I want,
I'll rat you out to God.

SMUSHSMUSH

Devil's Helper

Feb 27, 2001, 9:15:52 PM2/27/01
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:40:40 +0100, "Elvira Selow"
<sis...@t-online.de> wrote:

>there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why I found certain
>other poetry groups somewhat boring was they had no j r.
>
>elvira

ms. elvira,

usually i am humble and self effacing when people say nice things
about me.

but in this case i must admit you're right. :D

love and kisses,

j r sherman

>"Rex Savage":

>> that shit is easy for you, jr. don't let old ebenezer get you down - he
>> just don't know real poetry from shit. he ain't got no soal.
>>
>> "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message
>> >
>> > j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
>> > <97gkt...@drn.newsguy.com>...

>> > It looks like the needle got stuck
>> > While you were writing that muck
>> > You can take out the word poetry
>> > You must have done it on the lavatory
>> >
>> > E. Scrooge

Like a comet painted on the sky
Like an old soul over darkness you'll fly
Neil Young

Antti Luode

Feb 27, 2001, 9:54:02 PM2/27/01
Glen Fletcher <flet...@inspire.net.nz> kirjoitti
viestissä:97g3bc$kev$1...@raewyn.paradise.net.nz...

I feel your pain Glen.. I hope you can find a center to your life
and make it work for you.. Ignore the people who are programmed to attack
you..
You know, there are always those in a crowd.. It is built into genes, the
stone throwing,
the name calling.. It is about 'weeding out the weirdos', the ones who do
not fit in..

In a perfect world, we would all be born to a niche.. But that is not how
life works..
The way life works is this: Flood every place with genes, let the genes
battle it out,
the genes that learn to deal with the stresses / ordeal of life, win..

So you are born with a larger scale of emotions, it can be beautiful, it can
be a hell..
If you found a perfect balance for them and had some good history to back
you up,
you could be a great artist, if not, your'e just another guy down in the
ditch with the
crowd stoning you..

Glen, I hope you learn to ignore the stones and that you will find your way
out of the
ditch, to a state of harmony, both inside you and around you..

Antti

Pip

Feb 28, 2001, 12:19:32 AM2/28/01

"Antti Luode" <anttilu...@namezero.com> wrote in message

> Glen, I hope you learn to ignore the stones and that you will find your
way
> out of the
> ditch, to a state of harmony, both inside you and around you..
>
> Antti

AMEN
Pip

Wagner Mitchell Family

Feb 28, 2001, 12:23:30 AM2/28/01

j r sherman wrote:

> I see the bills need
> to get paid
> because small minded soals
> take, take, take, from me
> my soal and brains
> I am smarter than they are,
>
> so why should I have to work
> I have things to say that's smarter
> than anything you have to say.
>
> I am special, I don't need your fucked up
> system to tell me I'm real,
> I'm realler than you are.
>
> Kill all your negative bullshit
> I don't have to work
> If I don't want to, I am freer
> than you will ever be!

> No one can tell me what to do.
> No one can tell me what to do.
> No one can tell me what to do.
> No one can tell me what to do.
>

> So you builders of oppression
> die a terrible death
> As I fly to where I am special.

> I am Special
> I am Special!
> I am
>
> Special.
>

> MAN is this poetry shit easy!
>

> love and kisses,
>
> j r sherman

Damn, j r, I almost wrecked a keyboard cuz I read this while drinking
gingerale. Sticky stuff, that. Ah well, my monitor is nice and clean
now!

ROFL,

B-)

Visit the Wagner Mitchell Family on the WWW

http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/mitchb

Peter J Ross

Feb 28, 2001, 1:27:38 AM2/28/01
"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

j r sherman boldly splashes a profuse stream of effortless crap over three
newsgroups, probably while reading the contact ads in an expensive
newspaper.

The Babygro spends hours straining and produces only a thinly disagreeable
plop.

The difference between talent and idiocy exemplified.

PJR :-)

--
"see, the mean people know who they are. the problem is the stupid people
don't know who they are, so it's the job of the mean people (who know who

enkidu

Feb 28, 2001, 1:51:29 AM2/28/01
Not bad, Shermie, not half bad.

Cheers,

Cliff

enkidu

Feb 28, 2001, 1:59:02 AM2/28/01
Elvira Selow wrote:

> there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why
> I found certain other poetry groups somewhat boring was they
> had no j r.

True. What is the sweet and sour without the sour? The
sweetness of the meringue without the lemon? The tequila
without the salt. The fish and chips without the vinegar,
the goulash without the yoghurt? The y2k bugs without the
sherbet? The sausages without the devilled sauce? The
sushi without the greenstuff (wasabi?)? The cheese without
the pickle?

Cheers,

Cliff

E. Scrooge

Feb 28, 2001, 2:15:00 AM2/28/01

enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote in article
<3A9C9FF1...@cliffp.com>...

> j r sherman wrote:
> >
> > MAN is this poetry shit easy!
> >
> Not bad, Shermie, not half bad.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

It would've been better put into a thread of his own. He only did it to
mock what BABYMASH had done, the bugger even used a similar title.
It was full of disrespect to what BABYMASH is going through, and his
personal life.

E. Scrooge

enkidu

Feb 28, 2001, 2:23:43 AM2/28/01
"E. Scrooge" wrote:

> It would've been better put into a thread of his own. He
> only did it to mock what BABYMASH had done, the bugger
> even used a similar title. It was full of disrespect to
> what BABYMASH is going through, and his personal life.

Rubbish. If imitation is a form of flattery, then parody
is more so.

Cheers,

Cliff

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 2:36:34 AM2/28/01

> It would've been better put into a thread of his own. He only did it to
> mock what BABYMASH had done, the bugger even used a similar title.
> It was full of disrespect to what BABYMASH is going through, and his
> personal life.

Just goes to show that you need a thick skin to participate in Usenet
otherwise (at some time or another) you are going to get hurt.

Jay

--
************************************
Heaven doesn't want me and

Peter J Ross

Feb 28, 2001, 2:36:51 AM2/28/01
"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

> enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote in article
> <3A9C9FF1...@cliffp.com>...

> > j r sherman wrote:
> > >
> > > MAN is this poetry shit easy!
> > >
> > Not bad, Shermie, not half bad.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Cliff
>
> It would've been better put into a thread of his own. He only did it to
> mock what BABYMASH had done,

It was irresistibly mockable.

> the bugger even used a similar title.

It's called satire.

> It was full of disrespect to what BABYMASH is going through, and his
> personal life.

It was full of disrespect for Babygro's hilariously bad attempt to write a
poem. Since the hilariously bad attempt was trollishly cross-posted to a
poetry forum (as usual), j r sherman was fully entitled to comment on it
unfavourably (and, indeed, hilariously).

After all, what do we, in rec.arts.poems (the forum to which Babygro
trollishly cross-posts), know or care about what your hero is "going
through", or his "personal life"? All we know of him is that he writes
poetry like a dyslexic afterbirth with a brain-numbing hangover.

But thanks for enlivening an otherwise quiet week.

PJR :-)

--
"I have just thrown a poem into the fire (which it has relighted to my great
comfort), and have smoked out of my head the plan of another. I wish I could

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 2:35:41 AM2/28/01
"enkidu" <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote in message

>The y2k bugs without the
> sherbet?

eh?

> sushi without the greenstuff (wasabi?)?

Yep - Japanese Horseradish.

Jay

E. Scrooge

Feb 28, 2001, 2:40:04 AM2/28/01

enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote in article
<3A9CA77F...@cliffp.com>...

It depends on ones view about it. The main thing would be, just what the
original author happens to think about it. Taking into account that
Junior's previous posts have mainly not been very good ones of reply, also
says something about it.

E. Scrooge

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 2:43:03 AM2/28/01

> It depends on ones view about it. The main thing would be, just what the
> original author happens to think about it. Taking into account that
> Junior's previous posts have mainly not been very good ones of reply, also
> says something about it.

And I'm sure if BM doesn't like the reply then he will chose to ignore or
retaliate.
Everytime that you or others jump to his defence you give others a reason to
think he is held in some sort of demi-god light... then we go through the
same tired thread where everybody calls everybody Babygro/Ebenezer/Junior
*yawn*

E. Scrooge

Feb 28, 2001, 2:58:07 AM2/28/01

Jay <jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in article
<k_1n6.875$cG72.2...@news.xtra.co.nz>...

> "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message
> > It depends on ones view about it. The main thing would be, just what
the
> > original author happens to think about it. Taking into account that
> > Junior's previous posts have mainly not been very good ones of reply,
also
> > says something about it.
>
> And I'm sure if BM doesn't like the reply then he will chose to ignore or
> retaliate.
> Everytime that you or others jump to his defence you give others a reason
> think he is held in some sort of demi-god light... then we go through the
> same tired thread where everybody calls everybody Babygro/Ebenezer/Junior
> *yawn*
>
> Jay

It's a bugger isn't it? Some of us tend to support those that we happen to
respect. Especially after meeting BM in the real world, like some of us
have done.

E. Scrooge

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:17:07 AM2/28/01
<sis...@t-online.de> wrote:

>there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why I found certain
>other poetry groups somewhat boring was they had no j r.
>
>elvira

Have you discussed this with pussyboy? Perhaps he will post in those
other groups as well.

Darndee

WARNING:
I have an attitude and I know how to use it

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:17:09 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:43:03 +1300, "Jay"
<jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>And I'm sure if BM doesn't like the reply then he will chose to ignore or
>retaliate.

He probably won't even read it :o)

>Everytime that you or others jump to his defence you give others a reason to
>think he is held in some sort of demi-god light...

Now don't you go bursting my bubble... he is a demi-god

> then we go through the same tired thread where everybody calls everybody
> Babygro/Ebenezer/Junior

Yeah, good eh? j r enjoys reving us up.

>*yawn*

Are we keeping you awake?

>Jay

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:17:08 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:51:29 +1300, enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote:

>> MAN is this poetry shit easy!
>>
>Not bad, Shermie, not half bad.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Cliff

Is this what is called Poetic Justice?

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:17:09 AM2/28/01

The toilet without shit?

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:17:10 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:27:38 -0000, "Peter J Ross"

>j r sherman boldly splashes a profuse stream of effortless crap over three
>newsgroups,

So I see perhaps if you flush again it will go away.

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:17:10 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:36:51 -0000, "Peter J Ross"

>But thanks for enlivening an otherwise quiet week.
>
>PJR :-)

Which is why j r did it. The poetry contest is over and he's bored.
I bet he's been waiting for ages for BM to post into RAP just so he
could come and play with us. One good thing us Kiwi's will play with
him and have staying power NOT like those fly by Aussies.

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 3:20:37 AM2/28/01
"Darny" <dar...@icqmail.com> wrote in message

> >*yawn*
>
> Are we keeping you awake?

You wish ;-)

Jay

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 3:19:15 AM2/28/01

> It's a bugger isn't it? Some of us tend to support those that we happen
> respect. Especially after meeting BM in the real world, like some of us
> have done.

It may start that way but it soon degenerates into playground-type name
juggling.

Jay

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:32:51 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:19:15 +1300, "Jay"
<jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>It may start that way but it soon degenerates into playground-type name
>juggling.

Insults Jay get it right we deal in insults, not playground type name
juggling.

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:35:33 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:20:37 +1300, "Jay"
<jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>> >*yawn*
>>
>> Are we keeping you awake?
>
>You wish ;-)

What sort of balls are they using tonight?
2 x4's that over

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:48:45 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:54:02 +0200, "Antti Luode"
<anttilu...@namezero.com> wrote:

>Glen, I hope you learn to ignore the stones and that you will find your way
>out of the ditch, to a state of harmony, both inside you and around you..
>
>Antti

That was really nice of you Antti :o)

Cheers,

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 3:51:02 AM2/28/01

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:19:15 +1300, "Jay"
> <jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> >It may start that way but it soon degenerates into playground-type name
> >juggling.
> >

> Insults Jay get it right we deal in insults, not playground type name
> juggling.

No one loves a good insult more than I - babymush, babygro are all too
obvious tho.
Gimme some scum sucking scrotum slapping fuckwits anyday!

Jay

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 3:51:47 AM2/28/01

> >> Are we keeping you awake?
> >
> >You wish ;-)
> >
> What sort of balls are they using tonight?
> 2 x4's that over

huh?

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 3:58:35 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:51:47 +1300, "Jay"
<jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>"Darny" <dar...@icqmail.com> wrote in message

>> >You wish ;-)
>> >
>> What sort of balls are they using tonight?
>> 2 x4's that over
>
>huh?
>
>Jay

I was wondering if they were using *Kookaburra* cricket balls tonight
:o)

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 4:01:08 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:51:02 +1300, "Jay"
<jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>No one loves a good insult more than I - babymush, babygro are all too
>obvious tho.
>Gimme some scum sucking scrotum slapping fuckwits anyday!
>
>Jay

Now ya talkin'

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 4:13:38 AM2/28/01

> >> What sort of balls are they using tonight?
> >> 2 x4's that over
> >
> >huh?
> >
> >Jay
>
> I was wondering if they were using *Kookaburra* cricket balls tonight

I knew it was you ROFL
Had me worried for a while... thought it was a shirt-lifter ;-)

Jay
No offence to our resident shirt-lifters =)

E. Scrooge

Feb 28, 2001, 4:19:40 AM2/28/01

Darny <dar...@icqmail.com> wrote in article
<jffp9t471sjojqpci...@4ax.com>...

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:51:02 +1300, "Jay"
> <jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> >No one loves a good insult more than I - babymush, babygro are all too
> >obvious tho.
> >Gimme some scum sucking scrotum slapping fuckwits anyday!
> >
> >Jay
> >
> Now ya talkin'
>
> Darndee

Don't over do it there, Darndee. You just might turn him into a little
monster. LOL

E. Scrooge

Darny

Feb 28, 2001, 4:27:59 AM2/28/01
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:19:40 +0000 (UTC), "E. Scrooge"
<e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote:

>>> "Jay" wrote:
>> >
>> >No one loves a good insult more than I - babymush, babygro are all too
>> >obvious tho.
>> >Gimme some scum sucking scrotum slapping fuckwits anyday!
>> >
>> >Jay
>> >
>> Now ya talkin'
>>
>> Darndee
>
>Don't over do it there, Darndee. You just might turn him into a little
>monster. LOL

The we could have a Monster Mash Bash :o)

Jay

Feb 28, 2001, 4:32:53 AM2/28/01
"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

Less of the little please.

Jay

enkidu

Feb 28, 2001, 4:45:27 AM2/28/01
Peter J Ross wrote:

> It was full of disrespect for Babygro's hilariously bad
> attempt to write a poem. Since the hilariously bad attempt
> was trollishly cross-posted to a poetry forum (as usual),
> j r sherman was fully entitled to comment on it
> unfavourably (and, indeed, hilariously).
>
> After all, what do we, in rec.arts.poems (the forum to
> which Babygro trollishly cross-posts), know or care about
> what your hero is "going through", or his "personal life"?
> All we know of him is that he writes poetry like a dyslexic
> afterbirth with a brain-numbing hangover.

Nice try, but you have a long way to go before you can
truly emulate our hero.

Cheers,

Cliff

Glen Fletcher

Feb 28, 2001, 7:24:56 AM2/28/01

Pip <pip...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> "Antti Luode" <anttilu...@namezero.com> wrote in message

> > Glen, I hope you learn to ignore the stones and that you will find your
> way
> > out of the
> > ditch, to a state of harmony, both inside you and around you..
> >
> > Antti
> >
> AMEN
> Pip

WHY THANKS, :) IT WILL BE TOUGH BUT I'M NOT GONNA LET THIS BASTARD BEAT ME,
AT LEAST I CAN LOOK BACK EVEN IF I DO FREAK OUT AND KNOW I TRIED.
HI PIP I SEE YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN NOW:).
BABYMASH.

Glen Fletcher

Feb 28, 2001, 7:27:37 AM2/28/01

> j r sherman wrote:
> >
> > I see the bills need
> > to get paid
> > because small minded soals
> > take, take, take, from me
> > my soal and brains
> > I am smarter than they are,
> >
> > so why should I have to work
> > I have things to say that's smarter
> > than anything you have to say.
> >
> > I am special, I don't need your fucked up
> > system to tell me I'm real,
> > I'm realler than you are.
> >
> > Kill all your negative bullshit
> > I don't have to work
> > If I don't want to, I am freer
> > than you will ever be!
> >
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> >
> > So you builders of oppression
> > die a terrible death
> > As I fly to where I am special.
> >
> > I am Special
> > I am Special!
> > I am
> >
> > Special.

> > MAN is this poetry shit easy!

HMMMM SAME MAN I SEE.
KIND AND FRIENDLY.
BABYMASH.

Glen Fletcher

Feb 28, 2001, 7:35:12 AM2/28/01

E. Scrooge <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

O'K BABY LETS HAVE A BABY NOW! WE CAN RUN AWAY TOGETHER TO BARE TESTICALS
LAND.
BABYMASH.

Glen Fletcher

Feb 28, 2001, 7:33:29 AM2/28/01

Jay <jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message
> > It depends on ones view about it. The main thing would be, just what
the
> > original author happens to think about it. Taking into account that
> > Junior's previous posts have mainly not been very good ones of reply,
also
> > says something about it.
>
> And I'm sure if BM doesn't like the reply then he will chose to ignore or
> retaliate.
> Everytime that you or others jump to his defence you give others a reason
> think he is held in some sort of demi-god light... then we go through the
> same tired thread where everybody calls everybody Babygro/Ebenezer/Junior
> *yawn*
>
> Jay

WELL I MUST SAY WHEN I CLOCKED IN HERE FOR MY END OF THE DAY QUICK LOOK I
DID NOT EXPECT YET ANOTHER MASSIVE EXPLOSION OF REPLIES, I DID EXPECT
SHERMAN BECAUSE HIS LIFE SEEMS TO BE BASED ON COMPLAINT AND DISLIKE.
BUT THAT'S O'K HE LIKES IT AND AT LEAST IS HONEST ENOUGH TO ADMIT HE LIKES
BEING A BORING WANKER.
HE IS LIKE A STAIN THAT YOU KNOW IS IN THE ROOM BUT HEY IT WAS RARO AND
HAPPEND BACK IN 62.
BABYMASH.

Glen Fletcher

Feb 28, 2001, 7:42:28 AM2/28/01

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:59:02 +1300, enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote:
> >
> >Elvira Selow wrote:
> >>
> >> there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why
> >> I found certain other poetry groups somewhat boring was they
> >> had no j r.
> >>
> >True. What is the sweet and sour without the sour? The
> >sweetness of the meringue without the lemon? The tequila
> >without the salt. The fish and chips without the vinegar,
> >the goulash without the yoghurt? The y2k bugs without the
> >sherbet? The sausages without the devilled sauce? The
> >sushi without the greenstuff (wasabi?)? The cheese without
> >the pickle?
> >

> The toilet without shit?
>
> Darndee

A BABYMASH POEM WITHOUT A SHERMAN.
BABYMASH.

Glen Fletcher

Feb 28, 2001, 7:40:13 AM2/28/01

Peter J Ross <p...@britishlibrary.net> wrote in message

> "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message
>
> > enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote in article
> > <3A9C9FF1...@cliffp.com>...

> > > Not bad, Shermie, not half bad.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Cliff
> >
> > It would've been better put into a thread of his own. He only did it to
> > mock what BABYMASH had done,
>
> It was irresistibly mockable.
>
> > the bugger even used a similar title.
>
> It's called satire.
>
> > It was full of disrespect to what BABYMASH is going through, and his
> > personal life.

> It was full of disrespect for Babygro's hilariously bad attempt to write a
> poem. Since the hilariously bad attempt was trollishly cross-posted to a
> poetry forum (as usual), j r sherman was fully entitled to comment on it
> unfavourably (and, indeed, hilariously).
>
> After all, what do we, in rec.arts.poems (the forum to which Babygro
> trollishly cross-posts), know or care about what your hero is "going
> through", or his "personal life"? All we know of him is that he writes
> poetry like a dyslexic afterbirth with a brain-numbing hangover.
>
> But thanks for enlivening an otherwise quiet week.
>
> PJR :-)

WELL I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT PEOPLE TAKE THIS NET TO SERIOUSLY, I AM GONNA BE
SELLING THIS THING AND MOVING ON.
MY POETRY IS SHIT, COOL WITH ME I DON'T CARE. CERTAINLY THOSE LIKE ROSS AND
SHERMAN CARE MORE THAN MYSELF.
AS FOR TROLLING, CRAP. IF NZ.GEN DON'T LIKE MY STUFF IN THE GROUP THEY CAN
VOTE ME OUT IT'S OF NO CONCERN.
XX
BABYMASH.

j r sherman

Feb 28, 2001, 10:40:46 AM2/28/01
in another time, another place, someone did say.....

>On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:43:03 +1300, "Jay"
><jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>And I'm sure if BM doesn't like the reply then he will chose to ignore or
>>retaliate.
>
>He probably won't even read it :o)

read higher up in the thread, dars, you sweet-talking siren.

>>Everytime that you or others jump to his defence you give others a reason to
>>think he is held in some sort of demi-god light...
>
>Now don't you go bursting my bubble... he is a demi-god

new zealand! what are you gonna do?

>> then we go through the same tired thread where everybody calls everybody
>> Babygro/Ebenezer/Junior
>
>Yeah, good eh? j r enjoys reving us up.

it's fun and easy, why not?

>>*yawn*
>
>Are we keeping you awake?

10 months, dars, til the Lord Of The Rings part I is released. pray that it's
good, that's all i have to say, pray that it's good.

love and kisses,

j r sherman

j r sherman

Feb 28, 2001, 10:36:05 AM2/28/01
in another time, another place, someone did say.....

>there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why I found certain
>other poetry groups somewhat boring was they had no j r.
>
>elvira

Ms. Elvira, i am usually humble and self effacing when nice things are said
about me.

but this time you are so right! :D

love and kisses,

j r sherman

>"Rex Savage":
>
>> that shit is easy for you, jr. don't let old ebenezer get you down - he
>> just don't know real poetry from shit. he ain't got no soal.

>> "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

>> > j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
>> > <97gkt...@drn.newsguy.com>...

>> > It looks like the needle got stuck
>> > While you were writing that muck
>> > You can take out the word poetry
>> > You must have done it on the lavatory
>> >
>> > E. Scrooge

j r sherman

Feb 28, 2001, 10:32:53 AM2/28/01
in another time, another place, someone did say.....

>j r sherman wrote:
>>
>> I see the bills need
>> to get paid
>> because small minded soals
>> take, take, take, from me
>> my soal and brains
>> I am smarter than they are,
>>
>> so why should I have to work
>> I have things to say that's smarter
>> than anything you have to say.
>>
>> I am special, I don't need your fucked up
>> system to tell me I'm real,
>> I'm realler than you are.
>>
>> Kill all your negative bullshit
>> I don't have to work
>> If I don't want to, I am freer
>> than you will ever be!
>>
>> No one can tell me what to do.
>> No one can tell me what to do.
>> No one can tell me what to do.
>> No one can tell me what to do.
>>
>> So you builders of oppression
>> die a terrible death
>> As I fly to where I am special.
>>
>> I am Special
>> I am Special!
>> I am
>>
>> Special.
>>
>> MAN is this poetry shit easy!
>>
>Not bad, Shermie, not half bad.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Cliff

cliff! how come we only see you when a US-NeZe war breaks out?

you're special brand of sardonica is appreciated. i'm not kidding this time.

really.

no, really :)

j r sherman

Feb 28, 2001, 10:42:21 AM2/28/01
in another time, another place, someone did say.....

>On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:59:02 +1300, enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote:
>>
>>Elvira Selow wrote:
>>>
>>> there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why
>>> I found certain other poetry groups somewhat boring was they
>>> had no j r.
>>>
>>True. What is the sweet and sour without the sour? The
>>sweetness of the meringue without the lemon? The tequila
>>without the salt. The fish and chips without the vinegar,
>>the goulash without the yoghurt? The y2k bugs without the
>>sherbet? The sausages without the devilled sauce? The
>>sushi without the greenstuff (wasabi?)? The cheese without
>>the pickle?
>>

>The toilet without shit?

the NeZe without the bad poetry?

>Darndee

you siren, you.

Peter J Ross

Feb 28, 2001, 12:33:06 PM2/28/01
"Glen Fletcher" <flet...@inspire.net.nz> wrote in message

> WELL I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT PEOPLE TAKE THIS NET TO SERIOUSLY,

Really? And I thought we were just having fun at the expense of your
non-poem, which is, after all, as funny as any non-poem you've posted.

> I AM GONNA BE
> SELLING THIS THING

Selling the non-poem? Do people *pay* for your stuff there?

> AND MOVING ON.

Not to the UK, please. Anything but that.

> MY POETRY IS SHIT, COOL WITH ME I DON'T CARE.

We noticed that you don't care. That's one of the annoying things about you.

> CERTAINLY THOSE LIKE ROSS AND
> SHERMAN CARE MORE THAN MYSELF.

That might be the reason why, unlike you, we *read* a poetry newsgroup
rather than merely cross-posting to one.

> AS FOR TROLLING, CRAP.

Technically perhaps you're a spammer rather than a troll, but it isn't
really worth arguing over.

> IF NZ.GEN DON'T LIKE MY STUFF IN THE GROUP THEY CAN
> VOTE ME OUT IT'S OF NO CONCERN.

Can we vote you out of rec.arts.poems too? Please?

> XX
> BABYMASH.

I do enjoy our occasional little chats.

PJR :-)

--
"Readers may be divided into four classes:
1. Sponges, who absorb all they read, and return it nearly in the same

Lamia

Feb 28, 2001, 11:01:36 AM2/28/01
"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

> j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
> <97gkt...@drn.newsguy.com>...
> >
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> > No one can tell me what to do.
> >
> > MAN is this poetry shit easy!
> >
> > j r sherman
>
> It looks like the needle got stuck
> While you were writing that muck
> You can take out the word poetry
> You must have done it on the lavatory
>
> E. Scrooge

Hahahaha ...!!!!!

Lamia

E. Scrooge

Feb 28, 2001, 2:14:17 PM2/28/01

j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<97j65...@drn.newsguy.com>...

> in another time, another place, someone did say.....
>
> 10 months, dars, til the Lord Of The Rings part I is released. pray that
it's
> good, that's all i have to say, pray that it's good.
>
> j r sherman

Don't worry Junior, it will be. After all it was filmed in the best
country to make it so.

E. Scrooge

Elvira Selow

Feb 28, 2001, 5:29:05 PM2/28/01
"j r sherman":

> >there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why I found certain
> >other poetry groups somewhat boring was they had no j r.
> >
> >elvira
>
> Ms. Elvira, i am usually humble and self effacing when nice things are
said
> about me.
>
> but this time you are so right! :D

It's because I'm the angels' helper ;-}

Elvira

E. Scrooge

Feb 28, 2001, 6:27:46 PM2/28/01

Elvira Selow <sis...@t-online.de> wrote in article
<97jv8r$3lo$03$1...@news.t-online.com>...

Sorry, I had no idea that Junior had passed away. Who would've guessed
that the fool would end up as an angel?
Oh, that's right, he's been harping on about Glenn's posts for ages now.
So the bugger should be damn good at the harp with all of the practice that
he's had down here.

E. Scrooge

Goddess

Feb 28, 2001, 9:25:03 PM2/28/01

"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

> enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote in article
> <3A9C9FF1...@cliffp.com>...
> > j r sherman wrote:
> > >
> > > MAN is this poetry shit easy!
> > >
> > Not bad, Shermie, not half bad.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Cliff
>
> It would've been better put into a thread of his own. He only did it to
> mock what BABYMASH had done, the bugger even used a similar title.

So? I thought it was terribly amusing.

> It was full of disrespect to what BABYMASH is going through, and his
> personal life.

Who cares what he's going through or what his personal life is like? I
certainly don't. I do care, however, that babykins posts drivel and calls
it poetry. There now, grandma has spoken.

> E. Scrooge

Marg

Goddess

Feb 28, 2001, 9:29:34 PM2/28/01

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:54:02 +0200, "Antti Luode"
> <anttilu...@namezero.com> wrote:
> >
> >Glen, I hope you learn to ignore the stones and that you will find your
way
> >out of the ditch, to a state of harmony, both inside you and around you..
> >
> >Antti
> >
> That was really nice of you Antti :o)

Yes, it was. At least Antti posts half decent poetry (and sometimes VERY
decent poetry). Unlike babymush who has never posted a poem that is in
anyway even half decent.

Marg

> Cheers,

E. Scrooge

Feb 28, 2001, 9:51:42 PM2/28/01

Goddess <hl-go...@home.com> wrote in article
<3qin6.486717$U46.14...@news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>...
> Marg

Well granny, it sounds like you lead a cartoon lifestyle (unreal).
Speaking of which, how is Homer these days, Marg?

E. Scrooge

Antti Luode

Feb 28, 2001, 10:28:35 PM2/28/01
Goddess <hl-go...@home.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:iuin6.486723$U46.14...@news1.sttls1.wa.home.com...

> "Darny" <dar...@icqmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:54:02 +0200, "Antti Luode"
> > <anttilu...@namezero.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >Glen, I hope you learn to ignore the stones and that you will find your
> way
> > >out of the ditch, to a state of harmony, both inside you and around
you..

> > >Antti
> > >
> > That was really nice of you Antti :o)
>
> Yes, it was. At least Antti posts half decent poetry (and sometimes VERY
> decent poetry). Unlike babymush who has never posted a poem that is in
> anyway even half decent.
>
> Marg
>
> > Cheers,
> > Darndee

I admire Glen for his honesty.. For the fact that he spills outs his guts,
no matter what people think.. It takes a heck of a lot of courage.. For some
people it is so hard that, instead of being able to face their problems,
by talking about them openly, they turn a gun on themselves and pull
the trigger..

That is what Glen has been doing all along.. I admit, I do not read his
every post, but when I do, I can often see that he is dealing with very
painful issues of his life.. I have nothing against that, about fellow
humanbeing
going through some issues of his life in a forum of his choise.. I wish him
the best..

When it comes to comparing people on basis of poetry..
You can not compare people on the basis of one field.. We're
all good people if we give each other a chance.. On a good day,
we can do miracles, on a bad day, we sit in a wheel chair and
watch the wheels of the world..

Antti

E. Scrooge

Feb 28, 2001, 11:00:02 PM2/28/01

Antti Luode <anttilu...@namezero.com> wrote in article
<97keue$gft$1...@news.kolumbus.fi>...

For the little bit of space that Glenn's posts take up, people don't have
to read them, and then reply to them if they can't be reasonable about it
while doing so.

E. Scrooge

Texas Max King

Feb 28, 2001, 11:17:38 PM2/28/01

"Goddess" <hl-go...@home.com> wrote in message:

> Yes, it was. At least Antti posts half decent poetry (and sometimes VERY
> decent poetry). Unlike babymush who has never posted a poem that is in
> anyway even half decent.

. . . i second the motion.

> Marg

Texas Max King

Feb 28, 2001, 11:21:01 PM2/28/01
The witty alias E. Scrooge enlightened us with his childish humour:

> Well granny, it sounds like you lead a cartoon lifestyle (unreal).
> Speaking of which, how is Homer these days, Marg?

Neze is a small island and they're never really
quite sure what to do with their time.

Texas Max King

Feb 28, 2001, 11:39:30 PM2/28/01

Sorry Antti . . . I have to disagree here.
Poetry is not fucking therapy! I use to hear this
all the time in the poetry group I went to. Many
of them thought of poetry as therapy. Bullshit.
Writing is therapy. I'm cool there. Writing,
as a matter of fact, can be GREAT therapy!
It is one thing to have an emotional fit
and then rationalize it on paper, but to
call it 'poetry'. Not!
Writing is putting your thoughts down on
paper. The 'craft' of writing is taking these same
thoughts and molding them to the point of
genuis. Antti, Mash, Bob Ez and a few others
often jot down their poetic thoughts and
inspirations on paper (or computer) but this
does not make it poetry, no matter how
poetic the intentions. Poetry is also a 'craft'.
It is work. You attempt to express yourself
as poetically as possible on paper, based
on traditional or contemporary 'poetic techniques'.
And then you work it baby . . . attempting to make
it the best you possibly can . . . so that it
reaches for the that pinnacle we call 'art'.
So if even I enjoy reading the often counter-social,
youthful ravings of Mash . . . does not make it poetry.
No matter what any Neze defends it to be.
In the same vein, Antti often writes great stuff,
and I enjoy reading it . . . but it is not always poetry.
I also write a lot of shit and I'll be the first one
to admit that some of it is 'poetry' and much of it
well . . . eh . . . whatever.

-Max (with apologies to the psychotherapists in the group)

E. Scrooge

Mar 1, 2001, 12:02:18 AM3/1/01

Texas Max King <max...@pstx.com> wrote in article
<C3kn6.277$Fz.2...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>...

Was that a bowel motion that you wish to support?

E. Scrooge

Darny

Mar 1, 2001, 12:25:34 AM3/1/01
On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 04:21:01 GMT, "Texas Max King" <max...@pstx.com>
wrote:
That's quite true Max. During this heatwave we're having, it cuts
into our very valuable refreshment time if we have drag ourselves away
from the beach just to take time out to enlighten you guys. It all
depends on the toss of a coin.

Darny

Mar 1, 2001, 12:25:32 AM3/1/01
On 28 Feb 2001 07:40:46 -0800, j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>10 months, dars, til the Lord Of The Rings part I is released. pray that it's
>good, that's all i have to say, pray that it's good.

Oi! what's sort of carry on is this? Coming in and pissing on the
flames. <shaking my head in disgust> Oh well, in another time,
another place alright?

Goddess

Mar 1, 2001, 1:02:11 AM3/1/01

"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

How so? Merely because I think that babymush posts drivel? How droll.

> Speaking of which, how is Homer these days, Marg?

Don't know. Never met him. Goober.

> E. Scrooge

Marg

Goddess

Mar 1, 2001, 1:06:20 AM3/1/01

> Goddess <hl-go...@home.com> kirjoitti
> viestissä:iuin6.486723$U46.14...@news1.sttls1.wa.home.com...
> >
> > "Darny" <dar...@icqmail.com> wrote in message

> > way
> you..

> > > That was really nice of you Antti :o)
> >
> > Yes, it was. At least Antti posts half decent poetry (and sometimes
VERY
> > decent poetry). Unlike babymush who has never posted a poem that is in
> > anyway even half decent.
> >
> > Marg
> >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Darndee
>
> I admire Glen for his honesty.. For the fact that he spills outs his guts,
> no matter what people think..

Honesty is indeed commendable. It doesn't make it poetry however.

It takes a heck of a lot of courage.. For some
> people it is so hard that, instead of being able to face their problems,
> by talking about them openly, they turn a gun on themselves and pull
> the trigger..

And some even consider looking for help in dealing with their problems
rather than annoying a newsgroup with their garbage dressed up as poetry.

> That is what Glen has been doing all along.. I admit, I do not read his
> every post, but when I do, I can often see that he is dealing with very
> painful issues of his life.. I have nothing against that, about fellow
> humanbeing

Nor do I, as long as one doesn't call it poetry. It isn't.

> going through some issues of his life in a forum of his choise.. I wish
him
> the best..

His imagining that what he writes is poetry is perhaps worse than that which
he faces in his own life. Perhaps he should address his real issues first
and then write.

> When it comes to comparing people on basis of poetry..
> You can not compare people on the basis of one field..

If one says it is poetry, then one is subject to others' opinions on that.

We're
> all good people if we give each other a chance.. On a good day,
> we can do miracles, on a bad day, we sit in a wheel chair and
> watch the wheels of the world..

In a good day, all we CAN do is watch the wheels turn.

> Antti

Marg

Goddess

Mar 1, 2001, 1:08:18 AM3/1/01

> For the little bit of space that Glenn's posts take up, people don't have
> to read them, and then reply to them if they can't be reasonable about it
> while doing so.

This is an open forum and I will read and comment on whatever I wish to,
thank you. Glenn's postings are crap and I will say so whenever I like. If
YOU don't like that, please don't read my comments. Thank you.

> E. Scrooge

Marg

Goddess

Mar 1, 2001, 1:12:35 AM3/1/01

"Texas Max King" <max...@pstx.com> wrote in message

> Sorry Antti . . . I have to disagree here.
> Poetry is not fucking therapy!

I slightly disagree with you here, Max (only slightly). I think that
writing poetry CAN be therapeutic. However, to post it here and call it
poetry and be surprised when others consider it dreck, is well, pretty
silly.

I use to hear this
> all the time in the poetry group I went to. Many
> of them thought of poetry as therapy. Bullshit.
> Writing is therapy. I'm cool there. Writing,
> as a matter of fact, can be GREAT therapy!

Yes, it can.

> It is one thing to have an emotional fit
> and then rationalize it on paper, but to
> call it 'poetry'. Not!

Well, one can call it whatever one wants to but one has to accept that if
one posts it here, then others are going to have their own opinions on
whether or not it is a reasonable poem or not and to comment on that.

> Writing is putting your thoughts down on
> paper. The 'craft' of writing is taking these same
> thoughts and molding them to the point of
> genuis. Antti, Mash, Bob Ez and a few others
> often jot down their poetic thoughts and
> inspirations on paper (or computer) but this
> does not make it poetry, no matter how
> poetic the intentions. Poetry is also a 'craft'.
> It is work. You attempt to express yourself
> as poetically as possible on paper, based
> on traditional or contemporary 'poetic techniques'.

I agree, completely. Writing poetry is a craft and sometimes one finds
one's craft acceptable to others, sometimes not. Merely writing one's
insanity down doesn't make it poetry.

> And then you work it baby . . . attempting to make
> it the best you possibly can . . . so that it
> reaches for the that pinnacle we call 'art'.
> So if even I enjoy reading the often counter-social,
> youthful ravings of Mash . . . does not make it poetry.
> No matter what any Neze defends it to be.
> In the same vein, Antti often writes great stuff,
> and I enjoy reading it . . . but it is not always poetry.

I agree. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

> I also write a lot of shit and I'll be the first one
> to admit that some of it is 'poetry' and much of it
> well . . . eh . . . whatever.

Agreed. :-)

> -Max (with apologies to the psychotherapists in the group)

No problem.

Marg

Goddess

Mar 1, 2001, 1:14:03 AM3/1/01

"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

No, that would be the crap that babymush posts here. Oh, you don't know the
difference? Figures.

> E. Scrooge

Marg

E. Scrooge

Mar 1, 2001, 1:18:06 AM3/1/01

Goddess <hl-go...@home.com> wrote in article
<LMln6.487763$U46.14...@news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>...
> Marg

When it comes to posting crap, granny. You've been good enough to provide
plenty of examples of it.

E. Scrooge

E. Scrooge

Mar 1, 2001, 1:23:16 AM3/1/01

Goddess <hl-go...@home.com> wrote in article
<mHln6.487757$U46.14...@news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>...
> Marg

Thanks for yet another post of crap, granny.
BTW granny, your last name wouldn't be Smith, would it?
The reason that I ask, is because you come across as being a bit of a bad
apple.

E. Scrooge

enkidu

Mar 1, 2001, 1:45:28 AM3/1/01
Darny wrote:

> That's quite true Max. During this heatwave we're having,

It's been bl**dy h*t today.
Blue skies, light cloud,
Bit of a breeze,
Sun glinting off the harbour,
Boats and sails buzzing about,
The eights chasing some ducks around.

Cheers,

Cliff

enkidu

Mar 1, 2001, 1:49:26 AM3/1/01
j r sherman wrote:

> cliff! how come we only see you when a US-NeZe war breaks out?

I'm just a foot soldier. I go where I'm told.

Cheers,

Cliff

Texas Max King

Mar 1, 2001, 1:51:24 AM3/1/01
Hah! . . . cad? someone who goes by the name Ebenezer Scrooge?
Hah again. Darneys right, y'all have been spending too much time
in the sun. I've yet to see a poem posted to RAP by anyone from Neze.
Mostly they just like to tickle JR's wooley bone, hah!
Yeah I read Mushbaby, but call it poetry . . .
maybe for a few lonely islanders.
JR's right again . . . American wannabe's
on a 'poetry' newsgroup.

Love ya',
Max

"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

Texas Max King

Mar 1, 2001, 1:56:44 AM3/1/01

"Goddess" <hl-go...@home.com> wrote in message :

> "Texas Max King" <max...@pstx.com> wrote in message:

> > Sorry Antti . . . I have to disagree here.
> > Poetry is not fucking therapy!
>
> I slightly disagree with you here, Max (only slightly). I think that
> writing poetry CAN be therapeutic. However, to post it here and call it
> poetry and be surprised when others consider it dreck, is well, pretty
> silly.

I'll only clarify this one point Marge. You're right, writing poetry
can be therapeutic, but most of the time the end result
is not poetry. There is a difference between writing poetry as
a therapeutic release and coming up with a poem, vs.
writing therapeutically thinking it is poetry when it is
actually only an emotional release. Just had to clarify my statement.

j r sherman

Mar 1, 2001, 1:28:10 AM3/1/01

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 02:51:42 +0000 (UTC), "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z
replaces x)> wrote:

>Well granny, it sounds like you lead a cartoon lifestyle (unreal).

coming from the tidbitia island of new zealand, i guess the question begs, how
can you say this with a straight face?

some things are inexplicable.

>Speaking of which, how is Homer these days, Marg?

god, i can see where mushmouth gets it.

Goddess

Mar 1, 2001, 2:44:53 AM3/1/01

"E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

Haven't heard you mention it.

Marg

> E. Scrooge

Rex Savage

Mar 1, 2001, 2:50:45 AM3/1/01
the heart without the soal

> Elvira Selow wrote:
> >
> > there's a lot that attracts me on rap, but one reason why
> > I found certain other poetry groups somewhat boring was they
> > had no j r.
> >

> True. What is the sweet and sour without the sour? The
> sweetness of the meringue without the lemon? The tequila
> without the salt. The fish and chips without the vinegar,
> the goulash without the yoghurt? The y2k bugs without the
> sherbet? The sausages without the devilled sauce? The
> sushi without the greenstuff (wasabi?)? The cheese without
> the pickle?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

E. Scrooge

Mar 1, 2001, 2:55:41 AM3/1/01

Goddess <hl-go...@home.com> wrote in article
<V5nn6.488380$U46.14...@news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>...

> "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message

> > > No, that would be the crap that babymush posts here. Oh, you don't
know
> > the
> > > difference? Figures.
> > >
> > > Marg
> >
> > When it comes to posting crap, granny. You've been good enough to
provide
> > plenty of examples of it.
>
> Haven't heard you mention it.
>
> Marg

Then try turning up your hearing aid, granny... TURN UP YOUR HEARING AID
!!!

E. Scrooge

Rex Savage

Mar 1, 2001, 2:58:00 AM3/1/01
middle earth?

> j r sherman <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
> <97j65...@drn.newsguy.com>...
> > in another time, another place, someone did say.....

> > 10 months, dars, til the Lord Of The Rings part I is released. pray that
> it's
> > good, that's all i have to say, pray that it's good.
> >

> > j r sherman
>
> Don't worry Junior, it will be. After all it was filmed in the best
> country to make it so.
>
> E. Scrooge

Elvira Selow

Mar 1, 2001, 3:04:44 AM3/1/01
"Texas Max King":

Why apologies? It's often been said and I agree completely that a
distressed baby's scream isn't a poem already. The only point you see a bit
wrong imo and I'd like to add is that a distressed baby's scream in itself
isn't therapy already either.

Elvira

Jay

Mar 1, 2001, 3:31:09 AM3/1/01

> JR's right again . . . American wannabe's

You, sir, are seriously deluded.
I can be accused of many things but "American wannabe"? you have got to be
joking.
I imagine a great many psychologists would have a field day with your self
infatuation... why oh why would anyone want to be a "wannabe" of a country
that survives on such shallow materialistic concepts? You lack culture,
history and the ability to look outside your own back yard. Take your Pepsi,
your britney spears, your reality TV, your gun toting kids, your decrepit
presidents and your narcissistic delusions and stick them up your arse. (Yes
arse is akin to "ass"). BTW please offer thanks to all your fellow
countrymen who continue to flock to NZ in their droves - thus boosting our
tourism industry and introducing us to a diverse range of NZ wannabes.

Jay

And you wonder why such a large percentage of the world hates you as a
population - there are many great people in the US it is such a shame that
it has such a large percentage of loud mouthed wankers (jerk offs) to give
it the bad rep it has.

Jay

Mar 1, 2001, 3:38:19 AM3/1/01

> > When it comes to posting crap, granny. You've been good enough to
provide
> > plenty of examples of it.
>
> Haven't heard you mention it.
>
> Marg

Maybe we are trying not to encourage you?
Maybe we are hoping that you may scuttle off back to the old folks home if
we pretend you don't exist. *Ding Ding* little blue pill time.

Jay

Jay

Mar 1, 2001, 3:35:25 AM3/1/01

> Honesty is indeed commendable. It doesn't make it poetry however.

And you are the definitive guide as to what is and what isn't poetry?
I was under the impression that poetry was covered by the term 'art' which
is supposed to be appreciated/depreciated by the reader. Personally I find
99% of it to be drab dribble but then again I choose not to comment either
way. You, on the other hand, are so ready with your critiques I can only
imagine you hold down a regular job as some sort of world renowned expert on
the subject.

Jay

Goddess

Mar 1, 2001, 3:58:10 AM3/1/01

> "Goddess" <hl-go...@home.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Honesty is indeed commendable. It doesn't make it poetry however.
>
> And you are the definitive guide as to what is and what isn't poetry?
> I was under the impression that poetry was covered by the term 'art' which
> is supposed to be appreciated/depreciated by the reader.

As I am one of those readers, yes I have the right to an opinion about it.

Personally I find
> 99% of it to be drab dribble but then again I choose not to comment either
> way.

Good. Means you have *some* common sense.

You, on the other hand, are so ready with your critiques I can only
> imagine you hold down a regular job as some sort of world renowned expert
on
> the subject.

Nope, just a poet and poetry critic. I make comments on poetry posted in a
public newsgroup. Sorry that offends you.

> Jay

Marg

Jay

Mar 1, 2001, 4:08:43 AM3/1/01

> You, on the other hand, are so ready with your critiques I can only
> > imagine you hold down a regular job as some sort of world renowned
expert
> on
> > the subject.
>
> Nope, just a poet and poetry critic. I make comments on poetry posted in
> public newsgroup. Sorry that offends you.

Doesn't offend me in the slightest.
I just question your motives when coming across a poem that doesn't appeal.
Some could say hmmmm not overly keen on that one - others could choose to
resort to personal attacks and ridicule - just curious as to why you chose
the latter?

Jay

Rex Savage

Mar 1, 2001, 4:36:35 AM3/1/01
jesus, jay, a large percentage of the world hates shakespeare.

"Jay" <jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

Jay

Mar 1, 2001, 4:43:09 AM3/1/01
"Rex Savage" <rexds...@home.com> wrote in message

> jesus, jay, a large percentage of the world hates shakespeare.

Rex, a large percentage of the world hates Jesus.. I don't get your point.
I don't ever remember the world being force fed on Shakespearian(sp)
idealisms.
I have heard America boast "we've got the bomb".
I'm yet to hear England boast "we've got the bard".

Jay

--
************************************
Heaven doesn't want me and

peter stewart richards

Mar 1, 2001, 8:50:50 AM3/1/01
We've got the bard.

There.

Many strange life forms have evolved in and around New Zealand, because they
have no natural enemies. Even so, Jay's right that the desire to be American
is the one most American thing.

"Jay" <jason.paterson@*spamfree*xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

peter stewart richards

Mar 1, 2001, 8:53:05 AM3/1/01

"Elvira Selow" <sis...@t-online.de> wrote in message

The only point you see a bit
> wrong imo and I'd like to add is that a distressed baby's scream in itself
> isn't therapy already either.
>
> Elvira

Thanks for that.

Glen Fletcher

Mar 1, 2001, 10:01:06 AM3/1/01

> "Glen Fletcher" <flet...@inspire.net.nz> wrote in message
>
> > WELL I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT PEOPLE TAKE THIS NET TO SERIOUSLY,
>
> Really? And I thought we were just having fun at the expense of your
> non-poem, which is, after all, as funny as any non-poem you've posted.

WELL GREAT I'M GLAD PEOPLE CAN LAUGH, AT ME WITH ME WHATEVER IT'S COOL.

> > I AM GONNA BE
> > SELLING THIS THING
>
> Selling the non-poem? Do people *pay* for your stuff there?

NO SELLING MY PUTER.

> > AND MOVING ON.
>
> Not to the UK, please. Anything but that.

I WAS THERE LAST OCTOBER, I BOUGHT THE CRASHES AND SENT ALL THAT ENERGY TO
LIVERPOOL TO KILL CHELSEA WHO I MAY ADD IS THE GREATEST STRIPPER THIS TOWN
AND COUNTRY HAS SEEN.

> > MY POETRY IS SHIT, COOL WITH ME I DON'T CARE.
>
> We noticed that you don't care. That's one of the annoying things about
you.

WOW YOU POOR PEOPLE, I ANNOY YOU, OH WELL YOUR BUSSINESS.

> > CERTAINLY THOSE LIKE ROSS AND
> > SHERMAN CARE MORE THAN MYSELF.
>
> That might be the reason why, unlike you, we *read* a poetry newsgroup
> rather than merely cross-posting to one.

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HONEST, I DON'T ACTUALLY LIKE POEMS THAT MUCH, I DO IT
BECAUSE I GET AN URGE TO DO SO.
IF YOU CARE THEN HEY IT'S YOUR SHIT NOT MINE AND PLEASE GET COMFORTABLE I'M
SURE I CAN ANNOY YOU WITHOUT TRYING, IT'S SO EASY TO DO I'M OBLIVIOUS TO HOW
SAD THAT IS.

> > AS FOR TROLLING, CRAP.
>
> Technically perhaps you're a spammer rather than a troll, but it isn't
> really worth arguing over.

YEAH IT ISN'T, NONE OF IT IS AND I'M NOT.

> > IF NZ.GEN DON'T LIKE MY STUFF IN THE GROUP THEY CAN
> > VOTE ME OUT IT'S OF NO CONCERN.
>
> Can we vote you out of rec.arts.poems too? Please?

FANTASTIC GET THE VOTES IN ??? GO GO GO GO DO IT NOW.

> > XX
> > BABYMASH.
>
> I do enjoy our occasional little chats.
>
> PJR :-)

HMMMM BABY.
BABYMASH.

--
Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging
people to volunteer in their communities? It's because volunteers work for

Glen Fletcher

Mar 1, 2001, 10:02:56 AM3/1/01

> "E. Scrooge" <e.sc...@zfree.co.nx (z replaces x)> wrote in message
> >

> > enkidu <enk...@cliffp.com> wrote in article
> > <3A9C9FF1...@cliffp.com>...

> > > Not bad, Shermie, not half bad.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Cliff
> >
> > It would've been better put into a thread of his own. He only did it to
> > mock what BABYMASH had done, the bugger even used a similar title.
>
> So? I thought it was terribly amusing.
>
> > It was full of disrespect to what BABYMASH is going through, and his
> > personal life.
>
> Who cares what he's going through or what his personal life is like? I
> certainly don't. I do care, however, that babykins posts drivel and calls
> it poetry. There now, grandma has spoken.
>
> > E. Scrooge
>
> Marg

HEY MARG I DON'T CARE, BUT AS YOU MAY HAVE NOTED EVEN IF I DON'T CARE THAT
ANNOYS MR ROSS SO IT SEEMS BEING BORN WAS PRETTY MUCH A MISTAKE.
THE LESSON IS YOU CANNOT PLEASE PEOPLE EVER SO GET OVER IT KIDS, LOVE AND
PILLS TO ALL.
BABYMASH.

Glen Fletcher

Mar 1, 2001, 10:06:38 AM3/1/01
IT'S GREAT TO WRITE SUCH BAD POETRY THAT IT CREATES SUCH A HUGE POSTING
RESPONSE.
I AM A GOD.
BABYMASH. :)
--
I am deeply honoured and proud of the fact that Benjy (Ben Elton) and Harry
(Enfield) got asked to No 10 Downing Street, and they didn't ask me. Yeah!

Glen Fletcher

Mar 1, 2001, 10:08:38 AM3/1/01

> "Darny" <dar...@icqmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:54:02 +0200, "Antti Luode"
> > <anttilu...@namezero.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >Glen, I hope you learn to ignore the stones and that you will find your
> way
> > >out of the ditch, to a state of harmony, both inside you and around
you..

> > >Antti
> > >
> > That was really nice of you Antti :o)

> Yes, it was. At least Antti posts half decent poetry (and sometimes VERY
> decent poetry). Unlike babymush who has never posted a poem that is in
> anyway even half decent.
>
> Marg

HEHE HMMM AND YOUR POINT IS ????? YOU LIKE PAIN ?
SUCK MY TONGUE BABY.
BABYMASH.

j r sherman

Mar 1, 2001, 10:45:21 AM3/1/01
in another time, another place, someone did say.....

>j r sherman wrote:
>>
>> cliff! how come we only see you when a US-NeZe war breaks out?
>>
>I'm just a foot soldier. I go where I'm told.

defect. we have better weather. although the only towns where you can rent a
place here in CA is Fresno or Redding. but sometimes you have to give something
to get something.

and our women are better looking(oh, that should set off a few!)

j r sherman

Mar 1, 2001, 11:00:12 AM3/1/01
in another time, another place, someone did say.....

>Peter J Ross <p...@britishlibrary.net> wrote in message
>> "Glen Fletcher" <flet...@inspire.net.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> > WELL I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT PEOPLE TAKE THIS NET TO SERIOUSLY,
>>
>> Really? And I thought we were just having fun at the expense of your
>> non-poem, which is, after all, as funny as any non-poem you've posted.
>
>WELL GREAT I'M GLAD PEOPLE CAN LAUGH, AT ME WITH ME WHATEVER IT'S COOL.

wait a minute:

WELL GREAT
I'M GLAD
PEOPLE CAN LAUGH,
AT ME
WITH ME
WHATEVER
IT'S COOL

add some obligatory "oh baby's" to the end of this and it could be a Britney
Spears lyric!

you don't have her tasty teen ass, but hell, it's a start!

just trying to help.

j r sherman

Mar 1, 2001, 11:16:39 AM3/1/01
in another time, another place, someone did say.....

>"Texas Max King" <max...@pstx.com> wrote in message
>
>> JR's right again . . . American wannabe's
>
>You, sir, are seriously deluded.
>I can be accused of many things but "American wannabe"? you have got to be
>joking.

god, you are a carp-like people. and jay, you're one of the carpiest of the
carp-like people.

>I imagine a great many psychologists would have a field day with your self
>infatuation...

they do already. but what's amusing is that you always take our jingoism to
heart.

jay, a bulletin, we say these things to annoy you, get a rise, get a response.
it seems to work. do the math, man.

>why oh why would anyone want to be a "wannabe" of a country
>that survives on such shallow materialistic concepts?

because we have all the money! again, do the math!

>You lack culture,
>history and the ability to look outside your own back yard.

yeah, but we can bomb you to kingdom come and make you our slaves. hell, you're
a slave to us already! :D

>Take your Pepsi,

i prefer coke, and so do you guys!

>your britney spears,

not a problem. i would love to pound Britney into the floor. as i was doing her
rough i would make her say, "my songs suck!my songs suck!" it's a role playing
game of sorts.

>your reality TV,

hey, the Euros, ya know, the one's with the superior culture, did all of that
first.

>your decrepit presidents

Bush is only in his 50's, Clinton was 54 when he left office. sure, to a kid
like you that might seem old. but i don't see it. besides, due to our superior
medical research our leaders are now able to live until they're 159 years old!

>and your narcissistic delusions

heh. our narcissistism is a complete reality.

>and stick them up your arse. (Yes
>arse is akin to "ass"). BTW please offer thanks to all your fellow
>countrymen who continue to flock to NZ in their droves - thus boosting our
>tourism industry and introducing us to a diverse range of NZ wannabes.

heh, wait til your rents go up and the only people who can afford to live in
NeZe are americans. we own your ass. that's what makes it so much fun!

>Jay
>
>And you wonder why such a large percentage of the world hates you as a
>population -

they hated the Roman Empire too.

>there are many great people in the US

thanks, jay, that's sweet of you to say.

>it is such a shame that
>it has such a large percentage of loud mouthed wankers (jerk offs) to give
>it the bad rep it has.

heh. carp-like. that's what makes it so much fun!

renay

Mar 1, 2001, 1:12:47 PM3/1/01

"j r sherman" <jr...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Bush is only in his 50's, Clinton was 54 when he left office. sure, to a
kid
> like you that might seem old. but i don't see it. besides, due to our
superior
> medical research our leaders are now able to live until they're 159 years
old!

*****like Thurman. of course with British cooperation we'll
be able to reanimate postmortem. (don't tell me Keith Richards
hasn't been walking around dead for the last decade or so)

Renay

It is loading more messages.