Uppity, Gay and Loving __

Rick Sobie

Jul 10, 2003, 1:17:37 AM7/10/03
Darn uppity gays.
You let them marry,
you let them have a parade,
and next thing you know
they take over comedy night.

Nice tackle?
What is that supposed to mean?
Was someone playing football?
Fishing perhaps?
"Do you know who the privacy commissioner is?"
What kind of question,
is that to ask a guy reading his paper
and eating chicken wings at the bar?
Is that like who is the head of freedom of information?
Nice tackle indeed.
Darn uppity gays.
And what happened to the girls
who usually play the girls
in the troupe on comedy night?
I was outside for the warm up,
you know,
the "zip", "zap", "zop", "your turn,"
but I'll admit,
that whole "donkey punch"/"Oh Boy"
scared me.
Darn uppity gays.

I would have stayed,
you know,
for the actual show,
but well,
I left my iron on the stove and
there is this condo-minimum thing I am looking for.

See ya next week probably.
I hope you didn't come all the way
from Texas, or Australia or
San Fransissyco,
just for that.
You know,
it might have been an interesting show.,
But it looked like it was going to
be a little too embarrassing for my
empathetic embarrassment reflex.
I mean what could be better,
than to do impromptu,
for an audience filled with
angel prompters?
They could help.
(I suppose that was what I was afraid of the most)
Privacy commissioner indeed.
What??? Were you just trying to be sure he wasn't in the room,
so you could embarrass the heck out of me?
Oh well, hope you had fun at any rate.
And I hope I don't read about it in the papers tomorrow either.
Darn papers.
Darn uppity gays.

--
====================================
http://www3.telus.net/muhabeans/

Tom Bishop

Jul 10, 2003, 8:26:00 AM7/10/03
Is there a reason you write this crap?

Did an Angel tell you to do it.

My Angel says to tell you that you are in
need of new Angels.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetry.Here.Nu
"The world is full of asses, but muleshit grows lilacs."

Rick Sobie

Jul 10, 2003, 10:11:06 AM7/10/03

Tom Bishop wrote:

> Is there a reason you write this crap?
>
> Did an Angel tell you to do it.
>
> My Angel says to tell you that you are in
> need of new Angels.

Are you joking?

Show me an angel prompter with a better line than

"I left my iron on the stove"

You know Tom, it made me think of you.

--
====================================
http://www3.telus.net/muhabeans/

sheila miguez herndon

Jul 10, 2003, 3:00:19 PM7/10/03
> Are you joking?
>
> Show me an angel prompter with a better line than
> "I left my iron on the stove"
> You know Tom, it made me think of you.

I think you need new angels too. Gay women are ok with you but not Gay men.
ick.

--
sheila

Tom Bishop

Jul 10, 2003, 6:47:07 PM7/10/03

"sheila miguez herndon" <sheil...@feafaroth.org> wrote in message news:Xns93B48E789...@129.188.7.11...

Yeah really!

:-)

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetry.Here.Nu

"Drink more de-cafe!"
- an anonymous friend

> --
> sheila

Rick Sobie

Jul 10, 2003, 8:30:28 PM7/10/03

What makes you think I'm homophobic? You think gay people don't
have a sense of humor?

Rick Sobie

Jul 10, 2003, 9:02:12 PM7/10/03

Oh, and where did you park the Saturn? I didn't see it out back.
Did you have to park in France or something? Yeah Robert has been
acting real nervous recently.
Took you long enough to get here.
Oh me? I'm just swell. The slate work and all that, what can I say.
You get to break things and no one cares. In fact, that is your
job. But I will tell you something. This whole mason thing,
it's not what its cracked up to be. At least in the all the books it
sounded, well more mysterious, and frankly, I am a bit disappointed.
Oh, before I forget, while you are here, you must try the candied
smoked salmon. Hardy Boys candied smoked salmon, from Thrifty's.
It is positively out of this world.
[...see references below...]
Yes, I know, you are not gay, you were just glad to see me.
Nice to see you are having so much fun.
Say hi to Steven, give my love to you know who.

> You know,
> it might have been an interesting show.,
> But it looked like it was going to
> be a little too embarrassing for my
> empathetic embarrassment reflex.
> I mean what could be better,
> than to do impromptu,
> for an audience filled with
> angel prompters?
> They could help.
> (I suppose that was what I was afraid of the most)
> Privacy commissioner indeed.
> What??? Were you just trying to be sure he wasn't in the room,
> so you could embarrass the heck out of me?
> Oh well, hope you had fun at any rate.
> And I hope I don't read about it in the papers tomorrow either.
> Darn papers.
> Darn uppity gays.
>
> --

ref:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2662787.stm

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V2C721A35

Texas Max King

Jul 10, 2003, 9:50:27 PM7/10/03

"Rick Sobie" dribbled on the blank slate of obscurity:

> But I will tell you something. This whole mason thing,
> it's not what its cracked up to be. At least in the all the books it
> sounded, well more mysterious, and frankly, I am a bit disappointed.

. . . if the skies cloud after you've laid the last brick,
the gods are with you.

-Max

sheila miguez

Jul 10, 2003, 10:36:30 PM7/10/03
In article <3F0E04D9.4609A567@_nospam_telus.net>, Rick Sobie
<rsobie@_nospam_telus.net> wrote:

> What makes you think I'm homophobic?

Your poem.

> You think gay people don't have a sense of humor?

Probably about the same as the rest of the population.

--
sheila

Rick Sobie

Jul 11, 2003, 1:31:08 AM7/11/03

sheila miguez wrote:

> In article <3F0E04D9.4609A567@_nospam_telus.net>, Rick Sobie
> <rsobie@_nospam_telus.net> wrote:
>
> > What makes you think I'm homophobic?
>
> Your poem.

Well I guess you didn't recognize the humor in it. That is because
you have a negative impression of me Sheila. Whereas a person
who knows me, would see the humor, which to me was obvious,
you appear to be looking at me in such a way that you assume that
I am capable of discrimination against gays.

So much so in fact that you appear to be disgusted with me.

Suppose you ate some bad fish. Some rancid tuna or the like,
would you blame it on the fish monger, or yourself for not
smelling it first, and choosing fresh red snapper instead?

Honestly Sheila, I think that your being mad at me, because
you laid into some bad smelly tuna, would be just plain silly.

Now suppose you never ate fish before. Then maybe you might
say "no more fish for me, ick" and if I was the one who
suggested you try the fish, then perhaps you would have
some grounds to blame me, because I didn't warn you
to first rub the fish with your finger, and then smell it,
to see that it was fresh. Some people will even rinse
their fish well before eating it, and I usually recommend
this myself. But if you were, lets say just on your coffee
break, or something, and didn't have time to go through
the rinsing of the fish process because lets say there was
no sink in the stairwell, where you took your coffee break,
so you could enjoy a cigarette for instance out side
on the fire escape or something, then OK, but honestly is
that my fault?

Would that put you off fish completely?

No. You learn a lesson like we all do, and you pick
yourself up, and try some real fresh fish with a bit of lemon,
or peach, yes peach is absolutely marvelous on fish.
You know, some people just love anchovies where others
can't stand the smell of them. But you know what?
Once you get past the smell, you've got it licked.
Then you can enjoy one of the most delicious delicacies
and the high c's.

--
====================================
http://www3.telus.net/muhabeans/

Texas Max King

Jul 11, 2003, 1:49:12 AM7/11/03

"Rick Sobie" <rsobie@_nospam_telus.net> wrote in message news:3F0E4B1D.42736FBA@_nospam_telus.net...

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day . . .
teach a man to fish and feed him for life.

Always eat fish on Fridays.

Never eat fish from polluted waters.

A small fish in a big pond always gets eaten.

A big fish in a small pond soon runs out of food.

There are always bigger fish to fry.

Swim like a fish, sting like a honey bee.

In Denmark there is always something fishy.

Fish first, yard work later.

Never keep a big fish waiting.

Every fish has it's day.

Bone your fish thouroughly before eating.

. . .

-Max

Rick Sobie

Jul 11, 2003, 1:51:11 AM7/11/03

It's fruit juice. What did you think I meant?

And furthermore, I will have you know that where I live, British
Columbia, is a gay friendly place. In fact it to my knowledge
the only place in Canada where two gays can legally marry.

I'm not sure if they can marry in Texas, but I have my druthers
that they can. In fact I would be willing to wager that they
cannot.
And what about Chicago? Can two men legally marry in Chicago?
Before a judge or justice of the peace?

I think not.

What about Sand Fannysisco? I'll bet two men cannot even get
legally married in Sand Fannysisco. So before you go
saying ick to someone who you know very little about,
perhaps you should consider their feelings.

And maybe eat a little more fish. Eating smoked salmon,
is good for the sole. One of my favorites is pink salmon.
Mmm....with clarified butter, or even vegetable oil.
Goes great with a dill pickle. But thank you for sharing.
I still love you even though you think I'm sick in the head,
I forgive you, and even though you think I am disgusting,
cause I know I'm not, and some day, Sheila, perhaps you will
get to know me enough to know that I am just a good natured
sensitive guy, with a sense of humor who is often misunderstood.

> > > You think gay people don't have a sense of humor?
> >
> > Probably about the same as the rest of the population.

[...it's a sin...]
- Pet Shop Boys (It's a Sin)
(One of my most gay friendly favorite songs)

Rick Sobie

Jul 11, 2003, 2:11:57 AM7/11/03

And if you lay slate instead of bricks, what then?

And if the sun shines and the weather is almost perfect every day,
what then?

I am still waiting for some kind of sign, something, anything,
day after day, I am beginning to feel like the kid from Karate Kid.

But I just keep chipping away, at the slate, like a good little mason.

Meanwhile, everyone else is having a wonderful time gallivanting
who knows where, free as a bird.

But at least I have only been doing it for a year.

Bob, my boss at work, has been laying tile for 25 years, and nothing
interesting ever happened to him. Well I suppose that depends what you
would call interesting. He has plenty of stories. Mostly about
the laborers he has called 'tiger' over the years. "Hey Tiger, get me
this
hey Tiger get me that." Last night, he was at a job he did ten years
ago,
doing some more work, and the home owner asked him, "What ever happened
the guy you used to call Tiger" He and 'Tiger 200' the laborer,
broke out laughing.

But I still don't understand, why Tiger 200, (more commonly known as
Dave 200, said to me, today, out of the blue, "Is Cat Stevens, still
in a monastery?" Maybe that was my sign. Maybe I was supposed
to say' The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plane" or something.
How the heck would I know?! I didn't know he ever WAS in a monastery.
He's not even Catholic! The only Steven I know who might be Catholic is
the
Star Ship captain who parks his ship in the rings of Saturn for
crying out loud. Just because I saw two crew members and a
communications
officer yesterday, who I know, am I supposed to know if Cat Stevens is
in a monastery? Beats the heck outta me.
Maybe someone should take a look.

Hmmm...I wonder what the heck he was trying to say?

Was he trying to say that Steven is gay?

You know, I never thought of that. He might be. No law against it ya
know.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen him with a girlfriend. Maybe its
because
he's Catholic and has taken some sort of oath of celibacy or something.
But I doubt it. ;)

Oh well.

Cute little communications officer though.

Eat some fish. It'll put some meat on your bones.

-*-

[...I'll give you television, I'll give you eyes of blue,
I'll give you manawars to rule the world...]
-David Bowie (China Girl)

Rick Sobie

Jul 11, 2003, 2:54:57 AM7/11/03

It's getting so that you can't catch a show at the local bar without
everyone knowing about it eh people.

http://www.rense.com/general38/fday.htm

Thanks Jeff for the heads up. We had better keep our eyes on this one.
It could be interesting.

The transporter might be down and who knows what you might find
in your local bar.

Nice tackle indeed.

Didn't your mother ever tell you, you could put someones eye out.

Jimmy Hendrix posters upside down.

-*-

sheila miguez

Jul 11, 2003, 8:08:01 AM7/11/03
In article <3F0E4FCD.3640F85B@_nospam_telus.net>, Rick Sobie

<rsobie@_nospam_telus.net> wrote:
> And furthermore, I will have you know that where I live, British
> Columbia, is a gay friendly place. In fact it to my knowledge
> the only place in Canada where two gays can legally marry.

Also Ottawa, if I'm not mistaken.

> And maybe eat a little more fish.

I eat plenty. all kinds. I also like other sea creatures. Someone
showed me how to eat sea urchin once.

> Goes great with a dill pickle. But thank you for sharing.
> I still love you even though you think I'm sick in the head,
> I forgive you, and even though you think I am disgusting,
> cause I know I'm not, and some day, Sheila, perhaps you will
> get to know me enough to know that I am just a good natured
> sensitive guy, with a sense of humor who is often misunderstood.

If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

--
sheila

Rick Sobie

Jul 11, 2003, 11:10:23 PM7/11/03

Well, I guess I can forgive you, if you explain in detail
how you would eat a sea urchin. (And send me a couple pictures)

wait I'm not ready yet,
I'm back.
OK.
-*-