Exploding Heads in Movies

Ingrown Toenail

Oct 14, 1990, 1:52:53 AM10/14/90

With the recent flutter of threads like this [Necrophilia in Films, Violence
in Libraries...heh, you guys kill me], I figure this shouldn't be too hard.
After all, without even trying, I can come up with two [Scanners and Raiders
of the Lost Ark].

Don't ask why I want to know this; it's a long story that goes back into the
bowels of history.

Mark "Attention all EHC members..." Lippert

Steve Ramirez

Oct 14, 1990, 10:34:37 AM10/14/90
In article <69...@uwm.edu> gre...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Ingrown Toenail) writes:

I still crack up every time I think about that zombie getting his
head blown clean off his shoulders in:

Dawn Of The Dead

There is a scene in "Maximum Overdrive" where a kid gets his head
run over by a steam-roller. I read somewhere that the head-explosion
effect was so gruesome, they had to cut it from the movie. Damn!
Oh well, just imagining that happening (to a kid, no less) was
gruesome enough.

--
** Steve Ramirez ** sram...@burro.intel.com ** 602-554-2405 **
** Intel Corp.** 5000 W. Chandler Blvd. ** Chandler,AZ ** 85226 **

Ethan J. Rasiel

Oct 14, 1990, 6:25:50 PM10/14/90
Well, as far as exploding heads go, in Toxic Avenger (a true classic...)
a paper boy's head is run over by a car as he is attempting to crawl to
safety (after being hit once already). 2 points!!

Ethan Rasiel @ CMU (Cool Man University)

Louis Blair

Oct 14, 1990, 7:29:36 PM10/14/90
Look Who's Talking

Doug Krause

Oct 15, 1990, 4:08:00 AM10/15/90

Chopping Mall. A real late night classic.

Colin McFadyen

Oct 15, 1990, 9:53:41 AM10/15/90
WARNING: Possible spoilers if you haven't seen _The Running Man_,
_Wanted: Dead or Alive_ of Z_The Soldier_

(I hope these CTL-Ls really work from here)

The Running Man: when one of the convicts tries to run past the
electronic perimeter wearing an explosive neclace.

Wanted Dead or Alive: At the end when Rutger Hauer sets off the grenade
in Gene Simmons' mouth.

The Soldier: During an interrogation scene.

|Colin McFadyen |Speed is a question of Money.|
|Systems Support |How fast do you want to go? |
|Carleton University | Mad Max. |

rodney lim

Oct 15, 1990, 1:36:39 PM10/15/90
In article <69...@uwm.edu> gre...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Ingrown Toenail) writes:

>With the recent flutter of threads like this [Necrophilia in Films, Violence
>in Libraries...heh, you guys kill me], I figure this shouldn't be too hard.
>After all, without even trying, I can come up with two [Scanners and Raiders
>of the Lost Ark].
>
>Don't ask why I want to know this; it's a long story that goes back into the
>bowels of history.

In Chopping Mall, a girl gets her head blown up by a security robot gone-
berserk in a shopping mall.
--The Rodman

Ramsey Dow

Oct 15, 1990, 1:51:39 PM10/15/90
sram...@burro.intel.com (Steve Ramirez) writes:
>I still crack up every time I think about that zombie getting his
>head blown clean off his shoulders in:
>Dawn Of The Dead

Yes! I loved that scene. A week past several fellow horror enthusiasts and
I got together and watched all three of Romerro's zombie movies back to back.
During the exploding cranium sequence we did some playing around with slow
motion and pause. It looked so tasty, as I'm sure you can well imagine (or
remember, as the case may be).
--
"She said the path you walk gonna be a | Ramsey Dow, starving undergraduate
hard one to tread, `cause the night is | UUCP: ...!gatech!kd4nc!rbdc!ramsey

Brett K. Carver

Oct 15, 1990, 2:38:25 PM10/15/90
"Dawn of the Dead" had one (via a shotgun blast).

Brett Carver
br...@hpnmd.hp.com

Pam Milligan

Oct 15, 1990, 6:15:35 PM10/15/90

Wild at Heart, also shotgun blast.

Pam

Ron Rejmaniak

Oct 15, 1990, 6:34:04 PM10/15/90

If we're going to allow squashed heads then...

there's THE GORE GORE GIRLS (~1970). One of H.G. Lewis' last efforts.

-Ron Rejmaniak

Joe Talmadge

Oct 15, 1990, 7:17:42 PM10/15/90

Dang. Can't remember the name of the movie, but it starred Rutger
Hauer and (I think) Gene Simmons. At the end, Hauer sticks a hand
grenade in Simmons' mouth and then pulls the pin. boom.

Joe Talmadge Still here, but just barely.
j...@hpsemc.cup.hp.com
hplabs!hpda!hpsemc!jat

Bruce Onder

Oct 15, 1990, 7:20:54 PM10/15/90
In article <8b6DHUq00...@andrew.cmu.edu> lb...@andrew.cmu.edu (Louis Blair) writes:

Look Who's Talking

Whhhaaa???

Er, I'll nominate _Wild at Heart_. :)

Brewster
--
Bruce W. Onder on...@isi.edu

"Sally and Sue, don't be blue/We'll just be gone for years and
years and then/We're shovin' right off for home again!" -- Conrad the Sailor

Bruce Onder

Oct 15, 1990, 7:37:44 PM10/15/90
In article <Yb6CLiS00...@andrew.cmu.edu> er...@andrew.cmu.edu (Ethan J. Rasiel) writes:

Well, as far as exploding heads go, in Toxic Avenger (a true classic...)
a paper boy's head is run over by a car as he is attempting to crawl to
safety (after being hit once already). 2 points!!

Heh! How many heads (or entire bodies) exploded in _Street Trash_?
:)

(Gee, I'm parched!)

Eddie McCreary

Oct 15, 1990, 10:30:28 PM10/15/90
In article <15...@venera.isi.edu>, on...@ISI.EDU (Bruce Onder) writes:
> In article <Yb6CLiS00...@andrew.cmu.edu> er...@andrew.cmu.edu (Ethan J. Rasiel) writes:
>
> Well, as far as exploding heads go, in Toxic Avenger (a true classic...)
> a paper boy's head is run over by a car as he is attempting to crawl to
> safety (after being hit once already). 2 points!!
>
> Heh! How many heads (or entire bodies) exploded in _Street Trash_?
> :)
>
> (Gee, I'm parched!)

Don't forget _Scanners_.
In a similar vein:
A zombie in _Dawn of the Dead_ get his head sliced by helicopter blades,
In _The Beast Within_ a character's head gets blown up (as in inflated),
I think a movie called _Brain Damage_ had the hero's head blown up in
the end,
Did anyone mention Wilem Defoe in _Wild at Heart_ yet?
Jeff Goldblum at the end of _The Fly_,
Didn't James Woods blow his head off in _Videodrome_?
A character in _Spasms_ has his head inflate due to a snake bite.
That's all I can't think of right now.

Eddie McCreary
University of Houston
ele...@jetson.uh.edu

E.HOBA

Oct 16, 1990, 2:24:45 AM10/16/90
In article <61...@buengc.BU.EDU> go...@buengc.bu.edu (Ron Rejmaniak) writes:
(stuff deleted)

> If we're going to allow squashed heads then...
>
> there's THE GORE GORE GIRLS (~1970). One of H.G. Lewis' last efforts.

In that case, since I haven't seen it mentioned yet, in "The
Fly II", I seem to remember seeing a guard's head getting
squashed by a descending freight elevator...

-Steve Mah (sm...@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU)

Doug Krause

Oct 16, 1990, 4:21:17 AM10/16/90
In article <7216.2...@jetson.uh.edu> ele...@jetson.uh.edu (Eddie McCreary) writes:
#Don't forget _Scanners_.

Missed the first message eh? Bummer. :-)

Mikael Karlsson

Oct 16, 1990, 10:47:06 AM10/16/90
In article <Oct.15.16.20....@akbar.rutgers.edu>, tru...@akbar.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D. Trudel) writes:

>Of course, there's Scanners. A definite classic.

Don't forget Max Headroom. The exploding head/body is an essential part
of the plot.

/Mikael

Roger Butler

Oct 16, 1990, 1:53:56 PM10/16/90

The Bounty Hunter(?) When Rutger Haur(sp) pulls the pin on the
grenade in Gene Simmons mouth. Not a great special effect, but I sure
hated the villain. Yeah!!!

The FLY II, when this guys head is squashed under an elevator, gross.

Vague memories of a 007 movie, a fight in the water with this gun that
shoots bullets of compressed gas, the bad guy is forced to byte the
bullet and as his head and body expand he shoots out of the water,
hits the ceiling and pops.

Roger Butler

William V. Smith

Oct 16, 1990, 1:58:21 PM10/16/90
I don't know if someone has mentioned this one but on the new startrek TV
series (sorry-not a movie) a guy whose body was invaded by aliens was
shot and his head exploded *and* his chest exploded too. The name of
the episode was "Conspiracy" I believe.

MindWalker

Oct 16, 1990, 4:02:34 PM10/16/90
mi...@sssab.se (Mikael Karlsson) writes:

...as it is in the SciFi movie Operation Outland too. Only there it happens
within spacesuits or elevators. Sticky...

/MHd

--
Programming isn't a science, | Foo: how...@lysator.liu.se
it's an art. | Bar: d89m...@odalix.ida.liu.se

Brenton Williams

Oct 16, 1990, 5:42:24 PM10/16/90
In article <168...@hpsemc.cup.hp.com>, j...@hpsemc.cup.hp.com (Joe
Talmadge) writes:

> Dang. Can't remember the name of the movie, but it starred Rutger
> Hauer and (I think) Gene Simmons. At the end, Hauer sticks a hand
> grenade in Simmons' mouth and then pulls the pin. boom.

"Wanted Dead Or Alive" , I do believe

Brenton Williams ACSnet: bre...@cs.ua.oz
Department of Computer Science Internet: bre...@cs.ua.oz.au
University of Adelaide

Todd Keenan Bowman

Oct 16, 1990, 9:08:06 PM10/16/90
Since I was the one who originally posted the "Necrophilia in Film"
request (I was writing a paper on the topic for an English class) I'll
try to give you some help:

Scanners
Raiders of the Lost Arc
Chopping Mall (robot laser blows head apart)
Escape 2000 (machine gun reduces a head to applesauce)
Total Recall (Mars' pressure wastes Ronny Cox)
Dawn of Dead (Shotgun - see Escape 2000)
The Wild Beasts (not really exploding but an elephant steps on someones
head and it kinda squirts out the sides).

Hope this helps....
todd

Michael L. Kaufman

Oct 16, 1990, 11:33:22 PM10/16/90
I was not going to get invovled in this, but no one has mentioned a biggie:

The Fury (Amy Irving blows up the bad guy at the end.)

Michael

Michael L. Kaufman || Water + Flour = Glue
kau...@eecs.nwu.edu || Water + Flour + Eggs + Sugar = Cake
|| So what happened to the glue?

Jeff Whittaker

Oct 17, 1990, 12:00:52 AM10/17/90

Let's not forget "The Running Man"

"Ten of us to a hundred of them, eh? Well, one British soldier is worth
twenty of those beggars...so the odds are two to one in our favor.
Hardly sporting!"
-GURPS Basic Set 3d Ed

Suntioinen Ari

Oct 17, 1990, 12:45:21 AM10/17/90

Was there an exploding head in Outland ? Guy's head exploded when
he got "decompressed" in the elevator ? (Can't remember too well
what happened)

--
Ari Suntioinen -- a...@tut.fi "Here comes another one.
Opiskelijankatu 4 C 162 Here it comes again."

Martin Nike

Oct 17, 1990, 8:09:00 AM10/17/90
In article <27196E6...@orion.oac.uci.edu> dkr...@orion.oac.uci.edu (Doug Krause) writes:

>Chopping Mall. A real late night classic.

yeah , Jim Wynorski used the soundtrack for this in DEATHSTALKER II
Chopping Malls one of those awful classics .. I loved it !

--
Martin Nike ,Coventry Polytechnic
JANET:cmg...@uk.ac.coventry

Mark W Moormans

Oct 17, 1990, 1:51:54 PM10/17/90

I've got a new one (at least if you use your imagination...). This
one didnt actually *show* the head exploding, but came pretty close:

Deep Star Six where the coward takes the diving bell up without
decompressing first... His blood starts to burst out from his skin
until you see big bursts happening against the opposite wall of the
escape diving bell...

-Mark
mwm...@athena.mit.edu

Laurie Corrin

Oct 17, 1990, 5:54:38 PM10/17/90
In article <Yb6CLiS00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, er...@andrew.cmu.edu (Ethan J. Rasiel) writes:
> Well, as far as exploding heads go, in Toxic Avenger (a true classic...)
> a paper boy's head is run over by a car as he is attempting to crawl to
> safety (after being hit once already). 2 points!!
>
> Ethan Rasiel @ CMU (Cool Man University)

If anyone is interested in renting Toxic Avenger to see this charming scene,
be warned: there are two versions of the movie on video. The unrated version
is a truly disgusting, violent, funny B-movie. The "R" rated version has all
of the disgusting special effects and a lot of the violence chopped out,
confusing the plot and removing a lot of the humor.

So -- if you want blood and gore, see unrated version. If you don't, don't
bother with this movie.

Laurie

ggr...@eagle.wesleyan.edu

Oct 17, 1990, 6:40:36 PM10/17/90
In article <420@inews
intel.com>, sram...@burro.intel.com (Steve Ramirez) writes:

> In article <69...@uwm.edu> gre...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Ingrown Toenail) writes:
>>

> I still crack up every time I think about that zombie getting his
> head blown clean off his shoulders in:
>
> Dawn Of The Dead
>
> There is a scene in "Maximum Overdrive" where a kid gets his head
> run over by a steam-roller. I read somewhere that the head-explosion
> effect was so gruesome, they had to cut it from the movie. Damn!
> Oh well, just imagining that happening (to a kid, no less) was
> gruesome enough.

I'm not sure if the original post-er meant to include heads exploding due to
being crushed, but if so, I recommend 'The Fly II'. An absolutely horrible
movie (as compared to the original remake :-) starring Jeff Goldblum), with
nothing to offer but this one dude who's head popped open under the weight of
a descending elevator.

As far as 'real' exploding heads go, though, I think 'scanners' was already
mentioned, so I have to put my bid in for 'The Fury'. To be honest, I can
never remember which one was which. To me, they've always just been 'the
exploding heads movies'.

+---------------------------+--------------------------------------------------+
| Gerry Grosz | "If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean. If I |
| ggr...@eagle.wesleyan.edu | had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat." - L.Lovett |
+---------------------------+-------------+------------------------------------+
| "Diane, I am holding in my hand a small | Remember, without the 'U', 'Units' |
| box of chocolate bunnies." - D.Cooper | would be 'Nits'. - Sesame Street |
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------------+

I want to call you every day and beg you to be near me, but I know your head is under water, I doubt that you could hear me.

Oct 17, 1990, 7:22:33 PM10/17/90
I remember an Italian film called "Father of the Bride" in which the title
character puts a pistol in his mouth and blows his brains all over his
daughter's wedding dress.

Peace,
Patrick

Joan McGalliard

Oct 18, 1990, 1:12:31 AM10/18/90
How about the Gremlin in the microwave?

joan
--
"Life's a bitch Joan McGalliard,
and then you diet." Latrobe University,

Martin-Martin Nike

Oct 18, 1990, 5:10:41 AM10/18/90
!Ingrown Toenail writes:

!Dang. Can't remember the name of the movie, but it starred Rutger
!Hauer and (I think) Gene Simmons. At the end, Hauer sticks a hand
!grenade in Simmons' mouth and then pulls the pin. boom.
!

It's called Wanted dead or alive.
Director Gary Sherman

--
Martin-Martin Nike ,Coventry Polytechnic
JANET:cmg...@uk.ac.coventry
INET:cmg996%coventr...@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

Michael A. Green

Oct 18, 1990, 6:18:20 AM10/18/90
From article <168...@hpsemc.cup.hp.com>, by j...@hpsemc.cup.hp.com (Joe Talmadge):

> Dang. Can't remember the name of the movie, but it starred Rutger
> Hauer and (I think) Gene Simmons. At the end, Hauer sticks a hand
> grenade in Simmons' mouth and then pulls the pin. boom.

The film is called "Dead or Alive" (or something like that).

This is the best part of the movie.

(SPOILERS AHEAD)

(I WARNED YOU)

The idea is that he (Rutger) is a bounty hunter and has caught this guy. He
then puts a grenade in his mouth to make him behave.

The deal (with the FBI) is for an additional $25,000 if the guy is alive.

Rutger turns to the boss FBI and says "I'll collect the bonus myself".

He then walks up to the guy with the grenade and says

"Fuck the bonus!" and pulls the pin, calmly turns, and walks away.....

scenes of FBI agents running for cover and calling Rutger names...

BTW This film also includes a good example of the "knife through the hand"
that was discussed a few weeks ago.

If you haven't seen this film then get it. The basic idea is a bit OTT, but
the acting, especially Rutger Hauer, is good.

PS. Do you get the Guiness adverts on TV in the USA?

--
/^^^\/^^^\ /^^^^\ /^^^^^\ "Tanstaafl"
/ / / /____ / / ___ - R.A.H.

Martin-Martin Nike

Oct 18, 1990, 8:24:05 AM10/18/90
!
!______________________________________________________________________________
! "Ten of us to a hundred of them, eh? Well, one British soldier is worth
! twenty of those beggars...so the odds are two to one in our favor.
! Hardly sporting!"
! -GURPS Basic Set 3d Ed

Believe me , I am trying to !!

Eli

Oct 18, 1990, 8:57:50 PM10/18/90

>The FLY II, when this guys head is squashed under an elevator, gross.
Don't forget when the girlfriend has to blow her new fly
boyfriend's fly head off with a shotgun.

Matt Lewis

Oct 18, 1990, 9:10:11 PM10/18/90
Ok...
Help needed folks.

There's a boy being chased by a man down a white hallway...
The boy runs through a door and slams the door on the man's hand.
The man's index finger comes off and falls on the ground.
The boy picks it up and puts in a box.
Later, while in his room studying, he hears a tapping from
the box...

NAME THAT FILM!!!!

Matthew

Matthew Lewis "Even the samauri have teddy bears, and even
le...@eniac.seas.upenn.edu the teddy bears get drunk."
le...@graphics.cis.upenn.edu

Doug Krause

Oct 19, 1990, 5:29:36 AM10/19/90
In article <31...@netnews.upenn.edu> le...@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Matt Lewis) writes:
#There's a boy being chased by a man down a white hallway...
#The boy runs through a door and slams the door on the man's hand.
#The man's index finger comes off and falls on the ground.
#The boy picks it up and puts in a box.
#Later, while in his room studying, he hears a tapping from
#the box...
#
#NAME THAT FILM!!!!

Actually, the boy cuts off the man's fingers. The movie
is "Phantasm".

Douglas Krause One yuppie can ruin your whole day.
University of California, Irvine Internet: dkr...@orion.oac.uci.edu
Welcome to Irvine, Yuppieland USA BITNET: DJKrause@ucivmsa

Bits_o...@cup.portal.com

Oct 19, 1990, 6:28:57 AM10/19/90
>Help needed folks.

>There's a boy being chased by a man down a white hallway...
>The boy runs through a door and slams the door on the man's hand.
>The man's index finger comes off and falls on the ground.
>The boy picks it up and puts in a box.
>Later, while in his room studying, he hears a tapping from
>the box...

>NAME THAT FILM!!!!

Phantasm.

Ken Zarifes
<bits_o...@cup.portal.com>

Bits_o...@cup.portal.com

Oct 19, 1990, 6:34:32 AM10/19/90
A head is crushed by a lowrider's Chevy in a film called "Blood Diner".
Great film by the way, but you'll need alot of beer.

Ken Zarifes
<bits_o...@cup.portal.com>

William Hooper

Oct 19, 1990, 11:21:05 AM10/19/90
In article <31...@netnews.upenn.edu> le...@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Matt Lewis) writes:
>The boy runs through a door and slams the door on the man's hand.
>The man's index finger comes off and falls on the ground.
>The boy picks it up and puts in a box.
>NAME THAT FILM!!!!
>Matthew

O.K. The name of the film is . . . .

Phantasm!
(I know, I didn't put as many !'s as you, but I'm not that excited).
Great late-night horror flick. I've never seen the sequal--
anyone out there think it is worth renting?

--Bill Hooper

Mary V. Burke

Oct 19, 1990, 12:13:29 PM10/19/90

>I remember an Italian film called "Father of the Bride" in which the title
>character puts a pistol in his mouth and blows his brains all over his
>daughter's wedding dress.

Something similar happens in an English film called "Wetherby"--a very
strange & creepy young man sits down at Vanessa Redgrave's kitchen table and blows his brains out in the middle of a conversation. Fun flick....

MVB
"Are we alone in an uncaring universe, or is God some kind of
wiseguy?"--Matt Groening

David Harrington

Oct 19, 1990, 12:39:57 PM10/19/90
In article <1990Oct18....@cck.cov.ac.uk> cmg...@cck.cov.ac.uk (Martin-Martin Nike) writes:
>In article <1990Oct17.0...@news.clarkson.edu> je...@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
>!
>! Let's not forget "The Running Man"

... or Scanners!!!

--
David Harrington internet: d...@eire.unify.COM
Unify Corporation ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!eire!dgh

Eric Sheppard

Oct 19, 1990, 1:15:02 PM10/19/90

"Deadly Friend." Anne Ramsey, the nasty neighbor, gets her head smashed by
a basketball. Corny, but spectacular!

Eric
--
Eric Sheppard Georgia Tech | "Of course the US Constitution isn't
Atlanta, GA | perfect; but it's a lot better than what

BGM...@psuvm.psu.edu

Oct 19, 1990, 6:22:41 PM10/19/90
I see no one has mentioned the classic film, The Toxic Avenger. There is a
scene where the "bad guys" go out joy riding and crush the skull of some kid
riding his bike. Of course this comes after they ram the kid head on. The
skull crushing was needed to recieve full points, see the movie.

--- Barry

Dr. Mayhem sez: "pizza is more important than passing."

Louis Blair

Oct 20, 1990, 6:58:23 PM10/20/90
I suggested:
>Look Who's Talking

Bruce Onder responded:
>Whhhaaa???

Do I detect a note of skepticism?

Douglas Meredith comments:
>this list seems to be expanding to cover
>squashed heads as well as those that explode

In this spirit, I also mention Blade Runner
and the ever-popular Zapruder film.

A.D.C.Elly

Oct 21, 1990, 9:27:41 AM10/21/90

There is an 'exploding head' scene in the movie "Rent-A-Cop" with
Burt Reynolds and Liza Minnelli.

Adrienne

Adrienne Elly (ace@stl ...!mcvax!ukc!stl!ace +44-279-429531 x2512 )
-- And out of the gloom a voice said, 'Smile and be happy for things could
be a lot worse'. So I smiled and was happy and behold, things got worse.

shack

Oct 21, 1990, 4:14:35 PM10/21/90
Do these have to be human heads?? We were watching "Aliens" again last night
for about the 6th or 7th time :-) and after the marines got wiped out after the
first alien encounter and Ripley drives the APC to save them, an alien jumps on
the APC, she stops and throws it off, and accelerates. Squick!! Bye bye alien
head. I hope those tires were acid resistant...

Vic Rattlehead
"If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line..."

The Living Armchair

Oct 22, 1990, 8:14:59 AM10/22/90
In article <58...@microsoft.UUCP> lau...@microsoft.UUCP (Laurie Corrin) writes:
>In article <Yb6CLiS00...@andrew.cmu.edu>, er...@andrew.cmu.edu (Ethan J. Rasiel) writes:
!
!If anyone is interested in renting Toxic Avenger to see this charming scene,
!be warned: there are two versions of the movie on video. The unrated version
!is a truly disgusting, violent, funny B-movie. The "R" rated version has all
!of the disgusting special effects and a lot of the violence chopped out,
!confusing the plot and removing a lot of the humor.
!
!So -- if you want blood and gore, see unrated version. If you don't, don't
!bother with this movie.
!

Over here we only have the 18 rated version , which has all the gore
and violence hacked out , seemingly with an axe.This version is
really unwatchable , with hardly no continuity at all.

I was lucky (???) enought to see a sort of 'uncut' version.Some joker
had edited in the cut material from a foreign video , so whenever
something violent was going to happen , the speech would turn into
either french or Spanish.

--
"Einstein was not a handsome # Martin-Martin Nike ,Coventry Polytechnic
fellow,nobody ever called him Al# JANET:cmg...@uk.ac.coventry

Valentino Herrera

Oct 23, 1990, 11:47:20 AM10/23/90
mori...@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) suggests:
>Characters crushed beneath steamrollers.

I only remember comic or oddball situations -
Kevin Kline being steamrolled by Michael Palin while
stuck in cement in "A Fish Called Wanda", and Judge
Doom getting pressed by the runaway steamroller in
"Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Of course, you could count
the near miss by Harrison Ford by the big boulder in
"Raiders of the Lost Ark".

|Valentino Herrera Tegra/Varityper tegra!her...@ulowell.edu |
| "And the meek shall inherit s**t" |

Chuck Musciano

Oct 24, 1990, 11:59:34 AM10/24/90
In article <JACOBS.90O...@cmos.cs.utah.edu>, jac...@cs.utah.edu (Steven R. Jacobs) writes:
> This happened in real life in Salt Lake City about 6 weeks ago. A
> steamroller operator was thrown off in front of his steamroller.
> There was, however, no "film at 11".

Not too long ago, a Pacific Bell lineman was working in a underground
cable conduit and stuck his head out of the manhole just as a bulldozer
drove across, decapitating him. I know, nothing about movies, but I felt
*compelled* to pass this along.

--

Chuck Musciano ARPA : ch...@trantor.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation Usenet: ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!chuck

A good newspaper is never good enough,
but a lousy newspaper is a joy forever. -- Garrison Keillor

Yeshwant K Muthusamy

Oct 24, 1990, 4:09:14 PM10/24/90
In article <11...@digi.lonestar.org> rbu...@digi.lonestar.org (Roger Butler) writes:

>Vague memories of a 007 movie, a fight in the water with this gun that
>shoots bullets of compressed gas, the bad guy is forced to byte the
>bullet and as his head and body expand he shoots out of the water,
>hits the ceiling and pops.

The movie was "Live and Let Die". The bad guy was Yaphet Kotto (sp?).
Roger Moore turns to Jane Seymour after the explosion: "I always
thought he had an inflated opinion of himself"!

Yeshwant K Muthusamy | Internet: |"There are three kinds of
Dept. of CS&E, | yesh...@cse.ogi.edu | lies: lies, damn lies,
Oregon Graduate Institute | UUCP: | and statistics."
Beaverton, OR 97006 | ...!ogicse!yeshwant | - Winston Churchill

paul carpentier

Oct 25, 1990, 7:21:04 AM10/25/90
her...@tegra.COM (Valentino Herrera) types:

>mori...@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) suggests:
>>Characters crushed beneath steamrollers.

>I only remember comic or oddball situations -
>Kevin Kline being steamrolled by Michael Palin while
>stuck in cement in "A Fish Called Wanda", and Judge
>Doom getting pressed by the runaway steamroller in
>"Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Of course, you could count
>the near miss by Harrison Ford by the big boulder in
>"Raiders of the Lost Ark".

I missed the original post, but for awhile, broke college student
I saw only two new movies one year: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and
"A Fish Called Wanda". In both, a character gets run over by
a steamroller--and LIVES.

The next movie I saw was "The Naked Gun", where at least Ricardo
Montalban dies when run over by a steamroller.

Quite honestly, I saw only these movies in a year and a half. I
decided to try out "Indiana Jones and the Last Temptation of Christ"
or whatever, and...no steamrollers, just tanks.

Paul M Carpentier

Robert Duff

Oct 25, 1990, 12:36:12 PM10/25/90
In article <1990Oct25.1...@unicorn.wwu.edu> n834...@unicorn.wwu.edu (paul carpentier) writes:

>Quite honestly, I saw only these movies in a year and a half. I
>decided to try out "Indiana Jones and the Last Temptation of Christ"

>or whatever, and...no steamrollers, just tanks.
>
>Paul M Carpentier

I haven't heard of this one! :-)

Rob

Louis Blair

Oct 25, 1990, 5:32:53 PM10/25/90
mori...@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) suggests:
>Characters crushed beneath steamrollers.

How about Sleeper?

Eric Sheppard

Oct 26, 1990, 12:09:49 PM10/26/90

Nah. That was just a nose.