Batman puzzler

hag...@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

Dec 11, 1989, 7:00:00 AM12/11/89

Here's a puzzler:

In "Batman", the art museum scene, the Joker pointedly spared one
painting. I think it was by Ben Shawn but I'm not sure. For
you sharp-eyed Batman/Art aficianados, who did the painting and
what is its title.

--
paul hager hag...@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

Secretary of the Stratosphere

Dec 11, 1989, 11:36:25 AM12/11/89
In article <139700031@iuvax>, hag...@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes...

} In "Batman", the art museum scene, the Joker pointedly spared one
} painting. I think it was by Ben Shawn but I'm not sure. For you
} sharp-eyed Batman/Art aficianados, who did the painting and what
} is its title.

Hell! His first name slips my mind at the moment, but the artist's
last name is Bacon. The title of the piece is "Figures with Meat".
It's a very disturbing piece of work, and it's certainly a fitting
painting for the Joker to admire.

"Lawyers should never marry other lawyers.
This is called inbreeding, from which comes
idiot children and more lawyers."

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, "The Mill", Maynard, MA)

UUCP: ...!decwrl!ruby.enet.dec.com!boyajian

ARPA: boyajian%ruby...@DECWRL.DEC.COM

Mark Reynolds

Dec 11, 1989, 6:38:05 PM12/11/89
In article <67...@shlump.nac.dec.com> boya...@ruby.dec.com (Secretary of the Stratosphere) writes:

>In article <139700031@iuvax>, hag...@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes...
>

>} In "Batman" ... the Joker pointedly spared one painting....

>Hell! His first name slips my mind at the moment, but the artist's
>last name is Bacon. The title of the piece is "Figures with Meat".

Roger Bacon, just like the medieval scholar.

Mark Reynolds

...!BBN.COM!bbn!aoa!mark
mark%aoa....@BBN.COM

ur...@m.cs.uiuc.edu

Dec 12, 1989, 8:38:37 PM12/12/89

You mean FRANCIS BACON. (Yes, the philosopher and the artist have
the same name.)

Lothar of the Hill People

Dec 28, 1989, 1:47:03 AM12/28/89
)
)} In "Batman", the art museum scene, the Joker pointedly spared one
)} painting.
)
)Hell! His first name slips my mind at the moment, but the artist's
)last name is Bacon. The title of the piece is "Figures with Meat".
)It's a very disturbing piece of work, and it's certainly a fitting
)painting for the Joker to admire.

Francis Bacon.
--
DO NOT FOLLOW-UP BELOW THIS LINE. FOR SIGNATURE USE ONLY!
jim (uunet!hombre!dasys1!jsb)