Re: Warning - Zeitix is back

Message has been deleted

Ray M. Owen

Mar 23, 2009, 3:45:24 AM3/23/09
On Mar 22, 11:32 pm, Scott <sc...@farroutpro.com> wrote:
> Remember these never delivered on the goods....
>
> http://www.fisher-robotics.com/

Scott

I'm just about tempted to test them (the company) and see what
happens.

Thoughts?

Ray

Charles Tomaras

Mar 23, 2009, 3:58:48 AM3/23/09

"Ray M. Owen" <raym...@juno.com> wrote in message

>Scott

>Thoughts?

>Ray

I've got a good test for you. Call them up and tell them that so many people
didn't receive their slates last time around that you are happy to buy one
from them and will pay them as soon as you receive it.

Message has been deleted

Fernando

Mar 23, 2009, 8:34:09 AM3/23/09
They did deliver mine and worked properly.
It seems that they never sent some of the slates, can someone confirm
this?
They seem to have improved their slates and are still cheap
I would also propose them to pay upon reception of the slate, their
fault for past unreliability

best to all,

Fernando

SoundBites

Mar 23, 2009, 9:10:38 AM3/23/09

I dealt with Ben Fisher of Zeitx a couple of years ago and tried to buy
a TimeCode Slate from him. It didnt arrive but Visa/Paypal credited me
any money Id paid. Not A pleasant expeerience at the time but in
fairness it got sorted.

Last year I was looking for something to output timecode from a Sony Z1
dv camera. After numerous searches I came across what seemed like the
perfect solution, the TimeTool from you guessed Fisher-Robotics. I was
reluctant as Id been let down before, but as the job was looming and I
needed a solution my hand was forced and I bought the TimeTool.
Heres where i was really surpised. Almost as soon as I ordered the
TimeTool Ben Fisher contacted me directly. He was more than helpful and
I had the item shipped to me within a couple of days. As it turned out I
needed a second Timetool and again Ben helped out and I had the item
again with a couple of days.

My most recent experience with Ben has been good, I would deall with him
again and genuinely feel that though his past business practices failed
he seems to be making a genuine effort to sort things out and to make a
success of his new venture.

fisherr...@googlemail.com

Mar 23, 2009, 2:14:51 PM3/23/09
Hello All,

My name is Ben Fisher (I owned Zeitx Ltd and own Fisher Robotics/
Fisher Robotics Ltd).

1. Firstly, I would like to apologise (if late) to any customers who
ordered/paid for a Zeitx slate and didn't receive a unit or didn't get
refunded by their CC or PayPal, please email me ben@fisher-
robotics.com and I will arrange a new TS4 to be sent out next week.

2. For along time the www.Zeitx.com website (since 2007) has been
pointed to www.Fisher-Robotics.com, no attempt has been made to hide
this.

3. Recently (in the last few months) we attempted to contact any
customer we thought had not received a TimeSlate and to offer them a
new TS4, some emails bounced back, some we didn't get a reply to, and
the other few we managed to liase with. We didn't post anything on
this forum and with hindsight perhaps that would have been the best
approach.

4. Since late 2007 we have been making and selling the TimeTool 'L',
we have no outstanding orders and units are in stock in the USA for
dispatch.

5. We recently moved to a larger factory (actually on the same estate
as Zeitx's old unit), installed an automatic pick&place machine and
will be carry on making TS4's. I'm confident (although you might not
be) that we can get customer service right this time AND we do make a
good product at a good price.

6. We will be stocking TS4's and other items in the US for immediate
dispatch, at present TS4's are sent from the UK.

7. Also, with immediate effect we will increasing the warranty on all
products to 5 years (1st year is like-for-like no-quibble replacement,
yrs 2-5 return to US/UK base for repair). This warranty will be
retrospective so any TS1 customers with faulty units contact me and we
will issue a new TS4 when we available stock (next week).

8. As we use PayPal as our payment processor, if you don't receive
your order when we say you can claim refund directly from PayPal
within 45 days of paying for the order.

This is not meant to sound like OR be an advert, I just want to put
this information out there.

Ben Fisher
Fisher Robotics

yepthisi...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2009, 4:32:42 AM3/25/09
On Mar 23, 11:14 am, fisherrobot...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> My name is Ben Fisher (I owned Zeitx Ltd and own Fisher Robotics/
> Fisher Robotics Ltd).
>
> 1. Firstly, I would like to apologise (if late) to any customers who
> ordered/paid for a Zeitx slate and didn't receive a unit or didn't get
> refunded by their CC or PayPal, please email me ben@fisher-
> robotics.com and I will arrange a new TS4 to be sent out next week.
>
> 2. For along time thewww.Zeitx.comwebsite (since 2007) has been
> pointed towww.Fisher-Robotics.com, no attempt has been made to hide

Can't ask for much more than that.

Message has been deleted

fisherr...@googlemail.com

Mar 25, 2009, 8:05:35 PM3/25/09
I'm not going to disagree with you on every point, but some I think
are plain wrong.

1. We publish our power draw figures and I'm not sure they are all
that different from the competetion, certainly we have not received
any complaints re: power consumption. We designed the unit from day 1
to work with NiMh cells as well as quality alkalines to help lower the
costs of ownership.
2. I don't consider our TS4 to be 'cheap', it is certainly a fraction
of the cost of the competition.
3. The 4 buttons are intelligently positioned and operated, and the
menu clear to use - it helps if you have the manual, and your comment
re: brightness is plain wrong, just open the sticks and use the BLUE
(brightness-) or GREEN (brightness+) button, all very simple (page 5
of manual on www.Fisher-Robotics.com).
4. Simple jamming, just plug TC into the side and it will
automatically JAM - don't understand what you are doing different to
other users.
5. Drag to configure it - really? Disagree completely, we provide a
manual which details the function of everything in the menus, and the
menus are fast and easy to use.

As for business practices, yes we made mistakes - BUT why do you think
we came back? Was it just to annoy you guys further? I can promise you
that there are many easier ways to earn a living than making slates.
Your criticism just makes me even more determined to prove we can make
excellent product (and the TS4 is just that!) at sensible prices AND
deliver acceptable customer service.

So you won't want to swap out your earlier TimeSlate for a new
TimeSlate TS4? If you do feel free to drop me an email ben@fisher-
robotics.com

Ben Fisher
Fisher Robotics

fatfatjames

Mar 26, 2009, 1:24:00 AM3/26/09

Hi Ben... I have one of your TS1... I am happy using it... Just that
the 2 metal piece are rusty now and the stick dun close nicely now...
beside that it is a good slate... So do you think you can sent me a
set of the 2 metal piece and the 2 screw? And also want is the main
different between the TS1 and TS4 beside the timecode out and the
handle?

Message has been deleted

fisherr...@googlemail.com

Mar 26, 2009, 11:27:14 AM3/26/09
Fatfatjames:
Please email me with your address and I can send you a new set of
hinge plates - you can adjust the tension using an allen/hex wrench.
They shouldn't rust as they are powder coated steel. The screws are
prone to it after a couple of years as they are chemical blacked
steel, we can change them to stainless steel but they would then be
shiny - is that a problem?

R:
So just to be clear - you don't want to take up the offer of a new TS4
replacement - free - gratis?

As for numbers, we think the total number of slates not delivered by
Zeitx was 12. However we know that a number of customers received
refunds from PayPal or their CC.

Message has been deleted

Larry Fisher

Mar 26, 2009, 2:48:02 PM3/26/09
You might consider black stainless steel screws. They aren't real
black but they definitely are anti-shiny and do not rust. Ordinary
chemical blacked steel will rust after a short while as we found out
on our Long ranger products used by Florida auctioneers near the
coast. The lifetime of the finish was mere hours.
Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:27:14 -0700 (PDT),
fisherr...@googlemail.com wrote:
[snip]

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

fisherr...@googlemail.com

Mar 27, 2009, 7:57:28 AM3/27/09
Switching Off:
As the act of switching OFF any slate tends to loose the current TC, I
thought it would it would be a good idea to make it a very deliberate
act, to prevent a clapperloader or assistant accidentally fiddling.
In fact NO ONE has ever complained about that feature and we have had
some very positive comments about it. It takes a few seconds to
perform and is straightforward as described in the manual (see
www.Fisher-Robotics.com).

Battery Door:
The battery door (of the early units - plastic) was defiantly a
problem, we acknowledged this and redesigned the battery door to be
steel, and work a little differently.

Buttons:
Actually the layout of the buttons is very straightforward and quite
logical, not only can you easily know where the buttons (there are
only three buttons in active use, the red power button ONLY switches
the slate ON), they are colour coded and engraved (TS4). I'm sure we
could make it even easier but really we are in angels-dancing-on-
pinhead territory, it is simple and fast.

Battery LOW:
I like this feature, it forces the user to see the batteries are low
(they don't have to do anything about it) so no surprises, kind of
like a fuel warning light on (most) cars AND rather than just saying
LOW (which might scare the DP) we give the readout so you can plan any
replacement operation. Perhaps in the future we can issue a version of
the firmware where this is adjustable, but I really don't want to over
complicate the menus.

I deliberately DID NOT rent a Denecke or Ambient unit, I spent alot of
time watching clapperloaders/assistants using slates. My intention was
not to copy the Denecke/Ambient units or re-invent the wheel.

As your 'consultancy' is published publicly and comes with a degree of
bile I haven't encountered from 'consultants' in the past I certainly
wouldn't entertain paying for it, I also wouldn't want to take away
those few extra seconds you gain at the bar by now using competitors
slates.

Message has been deleted

william...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2009, 12:50:13 PM3/28/09
On Mar 27, 11:56 am, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:

> Now, for me your freebee PR  is enough. Buy some advertisement space
> in a magazine,  and come back if you have something important to tell
> me.
>
> Bye bye ben.

Actually, it's us. You are not the only one here. I thought the news
of the revived company was noteworthy (whether or not you like the
product) and I'm sure it was of great interest to those who did not
receive a slate that was paid for originally. I did and via this
thread on RAMPS it looks like my original (which is working and used
as a back up slate or an additional when we have many cameras) will be
replaced with the new improved model. I for one am very happy with
this thread.

And yes, the turn off method is pretty weird. I just open the battery
door and momentarily break the battery contact. Instant off.

Best,
Billy Sarokin

fisherr...@googlemail.com

Mar 28, 2009, 3:22:55 PM3/28/09

So I guess people would prefer a real ON/OFF switch. No problem at
all, we have all the CNC tools in-house and I guess I know what I will
be doing tomorow.

Ben

Nick

Mar 28, 2009, 10:24:37 PM3/28/09

Ben

Ignore silly posts from people who are no longer going to buy your
product. Why waste your time! You seem perfectly willing to make
amends and if this is not enough, then enough said.

I received my TS-1 in a timely manner and have employed it ever since.
I own three Denecke slates and my main complaint is having to jam the
slate just as the camera rolls and the camera assistant swears he
didn't turn it off (the only way to reset the thing) and the director
is screaming at the sound department for faulty slates. The other
complaint was a lack of back handle.

As for battery life, never once has it run out without warning (note
the voltage screen on start-up), we get multiple days on a single
battery load and never has it dropped its code. I suppose if you don't
use the four buttons and someone with a brain has programmed it to
(OOOHHH! I can program it!?!?) max times and illuminations, it might
eat batteries.

As for four buttons that give me the ability to taylor a myriad of
options not offered by any other slate manufacturer, don't change!!!!
If four buttons confuse you, change careers. As a production mixer I
pride myself in knowing as much as I can about any system I can get my
hands on and menu tree's via sealed
membranes, are here to stay baby.

Learning how to do business as a technician is not always easy. It is,
however, important as customers judge you as much by those practices
as your products. The number of great ideas failed by "business" is
frustrating as some of these products could have literally changed the
world! (wing warping, off topic). I commend you for coming clean and
trying to repair your business mistakes. Don't allow the silly
rhetoric of R.A.M.P.S.(which is essentially dead due to the twits who
obviously have way to much time on their hands) to dissuade your
renewed venture. Your price point is correct and your products are
more than useful.

I hope you will continue on your new path of innovation, amends and
being forthcoming. Forgiveness is sorely lacking globally, but
entirely missing in entertainment (don't even get me started on this
new generation of sound guys). Carry on!

Best of Luck,
Nicholas Allen C.A.S.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

william...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2009, 12:02:59 PM3/29/09
On Mar 29, 7:11 am, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:50:13 -0700 (PDT), williamsaro...@gmail.com
> schreef:

> >and via this
> >thread on RAMPS it looks like my original (which is working and used
> >as a back up slate or an additional when we have many cameras) will be
> >replaced with the new improved model.  I for one am very happy with
> >this thread.
>
> Meaning you will order & pay for the new model , so you have 2 ..

'Replaced', as in exchanged

Message has been deleted

Douglas Tourtelot

Mar 29, 2009, 1:16:07 PM3/29/09
I can't remember the specific post but he DID say that somewhere in the
thread.

D.

On 3/29/09 9:57 AM, in article 22avs4pgg4oa9o7m6...@4ax.com,
"€Rπ..-œ°•*œ*b•rt°" <~?..-?-??-y??-?~???*@le??s.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:02:59 -0700 (PDT), william...@gmail.com
> schreef:

>> 'Replaced', as in exchanged
>

> So, ben is replacing all old slates for a new model ? ( for free of
> course )
>
> I;ve read all the postings, but where did he wrote that ?

Message has been deleted

Douglas Tourtelot

Mar 29, 2009, 3:36:02 PM3/29/09
Sure! And I'll even pay the shipping. Let me know off-list.

D.

On 3/29/09 11:42 AM, in article d6gvs4lsi50lhu1k9...@4ax.com,

"€Rπ..-œ°•*œ*b•rt°" <~?..-?-??-y??-?~???*@le??s.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:16:07 -0700, Douglas Tourtelot
> <dtour...@comcast.net> schreef:

>> I can't remember the specific post but he DID say that somewhere in the
>> thread.
>>
>> D.
>

> Strange, since afaik,he only offered it to me.
>
> i might be wrong...( and you can have mine ''replacement")

william...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2009, 6:26:23 PM3/29/09
On Mar 29, 12:57 pm, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:

> >'Replaced', as in exchanged
>

> So, ben is replacing all old slates for a new model ? ( for free of
> course )

Why 'of course'? Obviously he has to make good to the people who
placed orders and didn't receive goods last time around if he wants to
have any credibility, but if he replaces existing slates with new
slates I'd say that is way above the call of duty. My slate is two
years old. It has some quirks, but it was very reasonably priced and
is still working. All I'd like to see would be a batter battery door
and a grip handle on the back (ok, and a cheat sheet engraved on the
back... if I used the slate everyday I'd remember how to use it, if
it's only once in a while it's easy to forget). And I would pay for
the upgrade. If he offers to replace any existing units at no charge
I think it's a fabulous offer.
Billy

Message has been deleted

Nick

Apr 1, 2009, 1:01:47 PM4/1/09
On Mar 29, 6:04 am, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:24:37 -0700 (PDT), Nick
> <nrall...@earthlink.net> schreef:

> >I received my TS-1 in a timely manner and have employed it ever since.
>
> I didn't, and i was not the only one.

> >As for battery life, never once has it run out without warning (note
> >battery load and never has it dropped its code. I suppose if you don
> >the voltage screen on start-up), we get multiple days on a single't

> >use the four buttons and someone with a brain has programmed it to
> >(OOOHHH! I can program it!?!?) max times and illuminations, it might
> >eat batteries.
>
> Nope. It doesn't make a full day here. Not on Alkaline's, not on rech
> 2700 MA rech.
>  But hey, if yours does, great.
> Oh, and if your thing is that you can program, i'm not busy with
> programming when i run a slate. ( and i have programmed far more
> complicated gear than this piece of junk )

> >If four buttons confuse you, change careers.
>
> Excuse me ? We are talking about a slate here, not some cold nuclear
> fusion gizmo.

> >Learning how to do business as a technician is not always easy.
>
> Oh really ! Wow, i must be some 2 digit IQ wannebee newbee who doesn't
> have a fucking clue about gear. Thanks !
> Ghee, Denecke and Ambient must be on my level then .

> > Don't allow the silly
> >rhetoric of R.A.M.P.S.(which is essentially dead due to the twits who
> >obviously have way to much time on their hands) to dissuade your
> >renewed venture.
>
> Oh boy, we will be having a lot of fun here.

> > (don't even get me started on this
> >new generation of sound guys). Carry on!
>
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0020863/
>
> Is that you ? Started mixing in 2002 ?

As a second generation 40,000 hour I.A.T.S.E. 695 Member since 1986.
I seen a few mixers in my day. Please to post your real name, brief
history and CV as we may know you as well?!?!? Also had a package and
mixed four full length features not listed on your favorite website
one of which was "A Nightmare On Elm Street 4", Renny Harlin's first
in America. I was only 20 and our producer friends were afraid i was a
bit young yet , so I boomed 20 or so features for Lee Orloff, C.A.S.
(another small time cat) It is in my blood DUDE!!!

My step father was a NABET sound mixer during the 60's and 70's and
transitioned to the I.A. in for the 80's and 90's. My mother, a 35
year, 60,000 plus hour, IA script supervisor was also the president
of her local for the last 6 years until her retirement last year, My
father published "Broadcast" magazine in London for 10 years, Produced
current affairs for LWT and was instrumental in launching Sky Channel.
He is now the Dean of Journalism/Modern Media at City College London.
I have been included in American Academy awards and nominations, a
B.A.F.T.A., multiple Emmy and C.A.S. nominations and wins.

My experience in this town with new producers who only look at IMDB
for peoples references is the same that we have here with you. STUPID!
(note the four button retort)

Oohh and you know how to post a URL How mavericky of you!

Don't expect any more from me, but I'm sure you'll waste more time.

Best,

Nicholas Allen, C.A.S.

Message has been deleted

william...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2009, 9:16:05 PM4/1/09
On Mar 30, 2:43 am, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:26:23 -0700 (PDT), williamsaro...@gmail.com
> schreef:

> >> So, ben is replacing all old slates for a new model ? ( for free of
> >> course )
>
> >Why 'of course'?  Obviously he has to make good to the people who
> >placed orders and didn't receive goods last time around if he wants to
> >have any credibility, but if he replaces existing slates with new
> >slates I'd say that is way above the call of duty.
>
> Well, of course since i've read the postings, but he does not tell he
> will replace the older ones with new ones.Or i am missing something.
> Can you quote this please ?

> >  And I would pay for
> >the upgrade.  If he offers to replace any existing units at no charge
> >I think it's a fabulous offer.
>
> But where does he write that, in your case. Yours was fine wasn't it ?

He mentioned it twice in his earlier posts. One was an offer to
extend the warranty and swap out any faulty units. To Ben's credit he
seems to be taking a broad definition of 'faulty'. He also mentioned
it in a post directed at you.
Billy

Message has been deleted

william...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2009, 7:15:59 AM4/2/09
On Apr 2, 1:40 am, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:16:05 -0700 (PDT), williamsaro...@gmail.com
> schreef:

> >> But where does he write that, in your case. Yours was fine wasn't it ?
>
> >He mentioned it twice in his earlier posts.  One was an offer to
> >extend the warranty and swap out any faulty units.
>
> But yours wasn't faulty, according to you.

> >  To Ben's credit he
> >seems to be taking a broad definition of 'faulty'.
>
> That's your interpretation. He actually never wrote he would replace
> your apparently good working unit.

> >  He also mentioned
> >it in a post directed at you.
>
> To me, yes, not to you. Since my ''slate'' is indeed not working
> well., but your's isn't, according to you.
>
> So, my guess is that you  just want a free replacement . That's
> something else than him writing here you get one.
> But I'm sure if you do the freebee PR for his products here (
> something you are rather familiar with ) he will be delighted to send
> you one for free.

you really have a one track mind

Message has been deleted

fisherr...@googlemail.com

Apr 2, 2009, 1:46:22 PM4/2/09
On Apr 2, 1:16 pm, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 04:15:59 -0700 (PDT), williamsaro...@gmail.com
> schreef:

> >you really have a one track mind
>
> Maybe try to post one year like a soundmixer ?
>
> And for everyone else :
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/327180-REG/Ambient_Recording_AC...http://www.nagrit.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_474&products_...
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/406889-REG/Denecke_TS_C_TS_C_Co...
>
> And surprise suprise..something you used in your last salespitch.
> ""You get what you pay for""

fisherr...@googlemail.com

Apr 2, 2009, 2:14:31 PM4/2/09
Not wishing to pour more fuel on the fire, I will state my policy and
any reasons:

1. Any owner of a TS1 plastic OR metal door that would like a
replacement TS4, FREE OF CHARGE (except any import taxes that might be
levied if you are outside the EU, that means Australia, New Zealand,
United States and Canada, etc...).

- reason: the TS1 is a good product BUT the plastic battery door has
proved unreliable, the TS4 is more robust and will be easier to
support in the long run.

2. All products wether TS1 (plastic or metal door), TS4, TimeTool 'L'
and the new (in-development) TimeTool 'HD' (HDSDI to LTC/RS422) will
be covered by our 5 year warranty and without getting to bogged down
in the fine print, by warranty I mean "if your product breaks down in
its 1st year we will replace it free-of-charge OR repair it free-of-
charge, which ever is the most efficient method FOR YOU. The next
four years we will repair it free-of-charge (parts & labour) in a
timely manor", whatever happens we will (try) and be sensitive to your
situation. If it's something simple and you feel you would like to
fix it yourself we will be INTELLIGENT re: warranty, so if your screws
go rusty (see earlier posting) and it's not a big deal to you - we'll
send some more out. The warranty won't cover negligent damage such as
dropping from a height, water damage, abuse, etc.. BUT if you smash
your slate and need a new front we will sell you one AT A SENSIBLE
PRICE, the same goes for PC boards, etc...

- reason: we feel confident that our designs are robust and reliable

3. We will AIM (by the end of April 2009) to keep product on the shelf
in the UK and in the US, we will AIM to ship as soon as we get
payment. If our website doesn't show the stock level or you want to
check if something is available, we will respond to emails promptly.
We will publish a landline number also.

- reason: we aim to be a 'distributorless' company and always provide
excellent value of money.

Furthermore, we welcome suggestions (including any Roberto wishes to
make, like fornicate-a-mile-away...), we have already acted upon the
general suggestions that you would like a 'real' on/off switch on the
TS4 slate.

Thanks,

Ben Fisher

Message has been deleted

Martin Harrington

Apr 2, 2009, 5:46:07 PM4/2/09
On 2/04/09 10:15 PM, in article
3a7f6771-a363-4eea...@j8g2000yql.googlegroups.com,
"william...@gmail.com" <william...@gmail.com> wrote:

You really are just as bad as each other...
Why don't you take this off group, if you really must carry on like this..
It's getting VERY tiresome.

Martin H

Douglas Tourtelot

Apr 2, 2009, 6:51:06 PM4/2/09
Yeah guys, pretty boring. I have kill-filed some on this group that I think
have nothing to say, but I think you both add good content. But this is
starting to bug me and if the old kill-file is the only route. . . .

Be a shame though.

D.

On 4/2/09 2:46 PM, in article C5FB7D4F.1502%len...@bigpond.net.au, "Martin

Message has been deleted

william...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2009, 11:09:56 PM4/3/09
On Apr 3, 3:15 am, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:51:06 -0700, Douglas Tourtelot
> <dtourte...@comcast.net> schreef:

> >Yeah guys, pretty boring.  I have kill-filed some on this group that I think
> >have nothing to say, but I think you both add good content.  But this is
> >starting to bug me and if the old kill-file is the only route. . . .
>
> >Be a shame though.
>
> >D.
>
> I'm not here on RAMPS to be read by many as possible, since i am just
> a soundmixer talking to and with other mixers. I have no brand i
> represent, and i have no clients here.
> Only, sometimes you need to dig a bit deeper into the pile of
> marketing blabla dumped here. I know it also generates the garbage
> that comes with it, so be it. ( that includes your quarrels with you
> know who )
> I also can imagine you do not like that type of info from someone
> else, therefore feel free to KF whoever you like, and that includes
> me.
>
> In this case, this Ben guy gave *me* a bloody  hard time for something
> i paid for, did not get,  and only got it after a lot of time ,.
> irritation, and noise, and now he's back with apparently  the  same
> business model.
>
> I strongly dislike the product for reasons i told here, and i do hope
> other mixers  do not make the same mistake i made.
> The topic is called  , warning , zeitx is back.
>
> And if it wasn't for this noise, users of the old crappy model would
> not get a replacement.
>
> Adieu.

I have a much more benign view of the situation. I have a slightly
strange but totally workable back up slate that I purchased for almost
$1000 less than a comparable Denecke. I have plenty of Denecke slates
and they are preferred, but for me it was well worth the $300 or so I
paid for the Zeitex to keep as a back-up or for when they pull that
additional surprise camera off the truck. And surprise, I rent it for
the same price as a Denecke so it's paid for itself a few times over
by now. Besides for the plastic battery door (which disappeared a long
time ago) and the weird method for turning it off, it has and still
does serve it's purpose. And because of this thread I contacted Ben
and found out about his replacement offer. I don't feel he owes me
anything (well... perhaps a new battery door), so for me it's an
excellent situation. I guess to play it safe, if you are going to
order a new slate, pay using a credit card so you have recourse if the
slate isn't delivered in a timely fashion.

btw, when I make my equipment deal on a production I always specify
that the rate includes one smart slate. I know they always use 2 or 3
cameras (oftentimes more), so it's an easy way for me to get a kit fee
for my boom and third at usually $45-50/day per slate. It pays for me
to keep as many slates as feasible in the kit so I can cover how many
cameras are in use (my current film uses 3 almost every day and up to
5 on some days). Productions are getting very tight on kit fees,
but they never question the use of slates... just a hint for your next
negotiation... And Roberto, if you really hate your Zeitex, I'll buy
yours for 1/2 the price of a new one.

Best,
Billy

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

william...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2009, 11:12:09 AM4/4/09
On Apr 4, 5:00 am, ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• <~¤..-¦-•¦-y¤€-•~¤¤¦*@le•
s.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:09:56 -0700 (PDT), williamsaro...@gmail.com
> schreef:

> >  And Roberto, if you really hate your Zeitex, I'll buy
> >yours for 1/2 the price of a new one.
>
> Great, since the invoice has grown to 2000 euro, that includes the
> time i spend at this dubious MFG, the advice, ( or consultancy ) and
> the slate. So, for 1000 Euro it;s yours.

lol

my free
> "'replacement"' can be send to  a very nice and talented utility guy i
> worked with in Uganda. He will love a free present. ( and needs it
> definitely more than you will ever do ).
> So ben, His name is Paul Namayo, his email adress is paul namayo
> [nnam...@yahoo.co.uk],

That's a nice gesture. I hope Paul get's his slate.

btw, Ben, one other change if it's not too late. a 1/4" instead of an
1/8" connector, just so I don't have to change cables when jamming the
Zeitex as opposed to the denecke slates.

fatfatjames

Apr 6, 2009, 5:28:38 AM4/6/09
Ben... How about back light...

Scott

May 8, 2009, 3:03:06 PM5/8/09
Just let everyone know that Ben Fisher still hasn't delivered my slate
from 2004, he sent me a bunch emails when I posted this topic a few
months ago saying he would send it in a couple of days. Please do not
send him any money unless you get the product first. There have been a
lot of people that got robbed by his business model. Don't be the
next.

Scott Farr
(310) 902-5944
www.web.me.com/farroutpro

Martin Harrington

May 9, 2009, 2:24:55 AM5/9/09
On 9/05/09 5:03 AM, in article
19db58e4-ee48-49a8...@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com, "Scott"
<sc...@farroutpro.com> wrote:

Looks like a few people here, owe Roberto an apology .
What do you think..

Martin H

Philippe Vandendriessche

May 10, 2009, 3:06:57 AM5/10/09
Scott wrote:

I have had the same problem: a slate paid and never received.