Does anybody remember a company named Reference Audio Design....

1 view

wtzo...@my-deja.com

Jan 29, 2001, 6:14:47 PM1/29/01
Dear colleagues, Just recently, when I was emptying my filing cabinet of
outdated literature, I came across a product sheet from a small company in
Milwaukee, Oregon, that sold 12-volt DC-powered dual mic preamps and dual
compressors. I remember seeing the units for sale at PSS in New York City.
The company was called Reference Audio Design and the the product I am
looking for is the PC2 dual compressor. Does anybody know if they're still
around and whether the PC2 was a good unit? Maybe somebody has one they want
to sell? -William Tzouris

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Glen Trew

Jan 29, 2001, 7:50:03 PM1/29/01
They've been out of bussiness for several years now. I believe the owner's
name was Mike Burns. We have received some of these items for repair, but, I
don't recall case when the cost was worthwhile, partially because of the
absense of schematics. We've tried to contact the previous owner with no
success.

Glen Trew

Richard Kuschel

Jan 31, 2001, 10:18:46 AM1/31/01

I remember them and was a dealer.

No experience with the compressor , but the preamp was not so well designed.

The MS was screwed up and phase polarity was incorrect. Very little gain.

The company went belly up a few years ago.

Richard H. Kuschel