Frank RAJ Maloney, 1945-2009

Kingo Gondo

Jan 6, 2009, 10:48:39 PM1/6/09
RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

Marv Soloff

Jan 6, 2009, 11:07:17 PM1/6/09
Kingo Gondo wrote:
> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

Details please. Shocker.

Marv

Kingo Gondo

Jan 6, 2009, 11:11:02 PM1/6/09

"Marv Soloff" <mso...@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:VTV8l.3693$BC4....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...

> Kingo Gondo wrote:
>> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.
>
> Details please. Shocker.

Not really, Marv. Frank himself had posted of the grave nature of his
illness. What very little detail I have seems to indicate it was peaceful. I
truly hope so.

moviePig

Jan 6, 2009, 11:13:29 PM1/6/09
On Jan 6, 10:48 pm, "Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nospam_go...@gmail.org>
wrote:

> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

Damn...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

Bill Anderson

Jan 6, 2009, 11:35:24 PM1/6/09
Kingo Gondo wrote:
> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

Very sad news. Thanks for the update. If you'll send me an email
address so I can contact his partner or other family member, I'll send
my condolences. My email address is valid.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

The Sun Tribe

Jan 6, 2009, 11:51:10 PM1/6/09
On Jan 6, 9:48 pm, "Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nospam_go...@gmail.org> wrote:
> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

No one to plonk gaza anymore.

RIP.

The Sun Tribe

Jan 6, 2009, 11:52:08 PM1/6/09
On Jan 6, 9:48 pm, "Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nospam_go...@gmail.org> wrote:
> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

How did you find out? Were you personal friends?

Kingo Gondo

Jan 6, 2009, 11:54:51 PM1/6/09

"The Sun Tribe" <and-...@live.com> wrote in message

On Jan 6, 9:48 pm, "Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nospam_go...@gmail.org> wrote:
>> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

>No one to plonk gaza anymore.

I am willing to bet otherwise.

>RIP.

Fair enough, Tony.

Sean O'Hara

Jan 6, 2009, 11:56:24 PM1/6/09
In the Year of the Earth Rat, the Great and Powerful Kingo Gondo
declared:

> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

Damn, and just a year since John.

--
Sean O'Hara <http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com>
Fry: Well, you guys might both be losers but I just made out with

Kingo Gondo

Jan 6, 2009, 11:56:56 PM1/6/09

On Jan 6, 9:48 pm, "Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nospam_go...@gmail.org> wrote:
>> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

>How did you find out? Were you personal friends?

By email. I think we lived about as far apart as possible in the continental
US.

Not on purpose, mind you.

Kingo Gondo

Jan 6, 2009, 11:58:35 PM1/6/09

"Sean O'Hara" <sean...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> In the Year of the Earth Rat, the Great and Powerful Kingo Gondo declared:
>> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.
>
> Damn, and just a year since John.

A bad streak to be sure. Stay healthy, sir. And for God's sake someone look
after Beaver!

Del

Jan 7, 2009, 12:11:16 AM1/7/09

"Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nos...@gmail.org> wrote in message

> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

So sad to hear this. I believe his last post was Dec. 22, 2008. I was
intending to post to inquire about his current condition, and feared
the worst. I really enjoy reading a lot of you guys, and he was
included in that group. He will be missed, especially now that the
troll element in many groups has become so pervasive.

I believe his last post (or one of his last) on the 22nd was "you
first." I'll check the Seattle obits to find any additional info.

Del Stanley

Del

Jan 7, 2009, 12:16:08 AM1/7/09

"Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nos...@gmail.org> wrote in message

He's got 8 lives left...didn't he die once several months ago?

Del Stanley

Kingo Gondo

Jan 7, 2009, 12:17:26 AM1/7/09

"Del" <deln...@att.net> wrote in message

He passed away in his sleep last night, so it may be a day or two on the
obit.

Stone me

Jan 7, 2009, 4:28:39 AM1/7/09
I dont think he liked me much, but I am sad, and
will miss his posts.

Stone me.

gmw...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2009, 4:36:07 AM1/7/09
On Jan 6, 7:48 pm, "Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nospam_go...@gmail.org> wrote:
> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

This is sad news. I posted something a while ago in which I postulated
that this NG has measurably deteriorated since the death of John
Harkness. I'm sorry to say that I think Frank Maloney's death is going
to knock it down even further. The idiots and goons are storming this
castle and the battle had already not been going well; and now another
of our knights has fallen. The struggle's inevitable end may be
hoving into view.
RIP, Mr. Maloney.
GMW

Howard Brazee

Jan 7, 2009, 8:03:05 AM1/7/09
Tough news for those of us who believe other posters are real people.

- James Madison

David Oberman

Jan 7, 2009, 9:18:34 AM1/7/09
Rest in peace, Frank. Wherever you are, I hope they are showing a
bunch of grand old '30s comedies with Ina Claire & Joan Blondell &
Bill Powell & ...

____
Birthdays are like good deeds:
They warm the hearts of all involved.

-- David Oberman

Dave in Toronto

Jan 7, 2009, 9:55:20 AM1/7/09
wrote:

> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

Sad news indeed. He did warn us however and I'm glad his passing
appears to have been peaceful.

Dave in Toronto

le...@my-deja.com

Jan 7, 2009, 10:56:49 AM1/7/09

This is painful. We only just had a pleasant exchange over CABIN IN
THE SKY.

A lot of death is in the air. My mother died two weeks ago on Dec.
22. So it has been a rough period for me.

steve

Jan 7, 2009, 11:38:06 AM1/7/09

On 7-Jan-2009, le...@my-deja.com wrote:

> A lot of death is in the air. My mother died two weeks ago on Dec.
> 22. So it has been a rough period for me.

I fear that a lot of us are in that age range where parents and long admired
celebs are at the upper end of the life span.

FRAJM was a good guy (except that he loved cats rather than dogs..and
apparently had too many names) and always contributed positively to the
discussion. Sorry to see him go.

steve
--
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill
the world with fools."

Anim8rFSK

Jan 7, 2009, 1:07:13 PM1/7/09
In article <Wu6dnQ4KsKe...@giganews.com>,
Bill Anderson <billand...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kingo Gondo wrote:
> > RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.
>

> Very sad news. Thanks for the update. If you'll send me an email
> address so I can contact his partner or other family member, I'll send
> my condolences. My email address is valid.

I have the e-mail and snail mail contact addresses* but I'm hesitant to
pass them on or post them without permission.

I've asked how they would like this handled and am waiting for a reply.
I'll let you know when I hear.

In the meantime, if you wish to send a note electronically you can send
it to me and I'll collect them and forward them when they request. I'll
pass on the postings from here as well.

*I've got a DVD to send him about the real location of THE LOST WORLD
that's on my "things to do this week" list. I guess the moral is 'never
daudle.' :(

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline

Okierazorbacker

Jan 7, 2009, 2:31:10 PM1/7/09
Upcoming times to think especially fondly of Mr. Maloney:

This Saturday night, Jan. 10---Jean Harlow night on TCM

February 3 in the a.m.---Gold Diggers of 1933 on TCM

xanth...@charter.net

Jan 7, 2009, 2:33:39 PM1/7/09
On Jan 6, 7:48 pm, "Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nospam_go...@gmail.org> wrote:
> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

Yeah, Frank was one of the "good guys". Makes me think...

Dave Garrett

Jan 7, 2009, 3:15:01 PM1/7/09
I only knew Frank through his Usenet posts, but it seemed like I'd seen
his distinctive name adorning various newsgroups for almost as long as
I've been online. He will be missed.

Some interesting facts here that I wasn't aware of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_richard_maloney

Dave

Kingo Gondo

Jan 7, 2009, 3:30:23 PM1/7/09

Kingo Gondo

Jan 7, 2009, 3:31:41 PM1/7/09

Anim8rFSK

Jan 7, 2009, 3:57:07 PM1/7/09
In article <Wu6dnQ4KsKe...@giganews.com>,
Bill Anderson <billand...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kingo Gondo wrote:
> > RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.
>

> Very sad news. Thanks for the update. If you'll send me an email
> address so I can contact his partner or other family member, I'll send
> my condolences. My email address is valid.

Condolences, remembrances, what have you may be sent to Frank's posting
address which will be valid for a few weeks yet:

fr...@blarg.net

They'll be collected by a friend and given to Frank's partner, Lyn.

Anim8rFSK

Jan 7, 2009, 3:59:50 PM1/7/09
In article <MPG.23cec940f...@208.90.168.18>,
Dave Garrett <da...@compassnet.com> wrote:

I'm glad he was able to get that back up. Some librarian would be wiki
terrorist pulled it down while Frank was in the hospital, claiming he
wasn't entitled to a wiki entry because he was 'unpublished' -- said
nitwit librarian having not bothered to check Amazon or the Library of
Congress . . .

Anim8rFSK

Jan 7, 2009, 4:01:19 PM1/7/09
In article <M7CdnXhVR_GvjPjU...@earthlink.com>,
"Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nos...@gmail.com> wrote:

Oh, cool, excellent! I didn't know how to find the original for him,
but somebody else had it archived. Still there it is for all to see.
Thanks!

Michael O'Connor

Jan 7, 2009, 6:18:27 PM1/7/09
Sorry to hear of his passing. RIP.

leno...@yahoo.com

Jan 7, 2009, 8:03:51 PM1/7/09

You may well be right about the quality of this newsgroup, sad to say.
FRAJM was easily the best-read member here, as I've said before. Sorry
I never got to meet him - but he was about 3,000 miles away from me
anyway.

Lenona.

tomcervo

Jan 7, 2009, 9:50:08 PM1/7/09
The second best's a gay goodnight and quickly turn away.

jln...@yahoo.com

Jan 7, 2009, 11:35:15 PM1/7/09
Very saddened to read of Frank's passing. He will certainly be
missed.

RIP

JN

Okierazorbacker

Jan 7, 2009, 11:55:48 PM1/7/09
On Jan 7, 3:01 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:

> Oh, cool, excellent!  I didn't know how to find the original for him,
> but somebody else had it archived.  Still there it is for all to see.
> Thanks!

Yeah, but now I know far more than I wanted to about how to eat a
slug. That'll kill the appetite for awhile and lose me a few
ounces....

Anim8rFSK

Jan 8, 2009, 10:23:54 AM1/8/09
In article
<6a1b211a-1f92-4da7...@i9g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>,
Okierazorbacker <okieraz...@yahoo.com> wrote:

So it's win win!

Besides, have you SEEN the slugs where Frank lived? It's pretty much
eat or be eaten.

Pjk

Jan 8, 2009, 12:37:59 PM1/8/09

This is why I don't watch alot of movies anymore. Frank was 1945 -
2009 and I'm 1949 - ????. I can do something different or watch
Casablanca again, but I know how it ends. There are still a lot of
older movies I haven't seen and a lot more newer ones to find, Blood
Diamond, anyone? But the thought of sitting in front of a TV or movie
or, now, a computer screen and killing several hours isn't for me.
Shades of mortality I suppose.Youngsters be warned!

Pjk

David Oberman

Jan 8, 2009, 9:06:41 PM1/8/09
Pjk <peter_k...@MSN.COM> wrote:

>This is why I don't watch alot of movies anymore. Frank was 1945 -
>2009 and I'm 1949 - ????. I can do something different or watch
>Casablanca again, but I know how it ends. There are still a lot of
>older movies I haven't seen and a lot more newer ones to find, Blood
>Diamond, anyone? But the thought of sitting in front of a TV or movie
>or, now, a computer screen and killing several hours isn't for me.
>Shades of mortality I suppose.Youngsters be warned!

I see your point.
Beethoven died lying about in bed.

____
In short, a crater looks more like the single hollow under a pimple
with the infection squeezed out; a caldera is more like a horrible
case of generalized acne.

-- Jo Schaper

Undecided

Jan 10, 2009, 11:06:50 AM1/10/09
On Jan 6, 7:48 pm, "Kingo Gondo" <kingo_nospam_go...@gmail.org> wrote:
> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

The true and utter refutation of all the religious fanatics who see
gods in the very movement of the winds to punish and reward is this: A
real gentleman and scholar passes, and we remain ever inested with
worthless guttersnipes.

About this none can be

-Undecided

Avoid normal situations.

Jan 11, 2009, 8:34:36 PM1/11/09
Kingo Gondo <kingo_nos...@gmail.org> wrote:

> RIP, sir. You will be truly missed.

Full agreement. Condolences and fond wishes extended to his friends and
family. This newsgroup just won't be the same without him.

--
alt.flame Special Forces
"I will never see the day when the Eighteenth Amendment is out of the

Pjk

Jan 12, 2009, 1:57:03 PM1/12/09
On Jan 11, 8:34 pm, "Avoid normal situations."
<byend.removethisbityousillyper...@eskimo.com> wrote:

I plan on having a wake *before* I die. I'll lie in the casket and as
each person walks by I can say...

"Don't I look natural?"

Pjk