Identify Dick Powell film

Lknafc

May 4, 2001, 10:24:28 PM5/4/01
I have a friend who is asking for the title of a Dick Powell movie. Here is
how he worded it:

I saw an old movie, which included the late-Actor/Director, Dick Powell, in
which his role was that of a homeless man, begging for money, etc, and a former
doctor, too. As soon as he was asked about his former status as a physician,
he wept and replied, " JOHNS HOPKINS SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, Chief of Surgery..."
It was situated in India, I beleive, but I can't remember the title of that
movie.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I couldn't find any movies listed with IMDb
which sounded like this at all, but it may have been just a small part of the
film.

Linda Kay

W. Lydecker

May 5, 2001, 9:17:08 PM5/5/01
Sure you didn't see this on tv? Maybe Four Star Playhouse.