Bandini

Romanise

Jan 27, 2009, 6:12:15 AM1/27/09

Kallu Mallu

Jan 27, 2009, 10:19:12 AM1/27/09

Thanks. On youtube do a search on "Ajit45555". There is a great
collection there - Halaku, Yahudi, Seema, ... Another collection is from
"yuanyuanyuanyin"

VB

Romanise

Jan 27, 2009, 3:39:16 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 3:19 pm, Kallu Mallu <KalluMallu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. On youtube do a search on "Ajit45555". There is a great
> collection there - Halaku, Yahudi, Seema, ... Another collection is from
> "yuanyuanyuanyin"
>
> VB

Thanks. Collections are huge.

I never knew about Shantaram's Parchhaainyaan until few years back
listen to its songs from one website.

A link from another website is http://www.musicplug.in/songs.php?movieid=6665

Some from You Tube are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztDRqJblDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CboSul1M1g4&feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5VVbGcsN0&feature

Following perhaps not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NFQeq0Z-tQ&feature

In the first song it looks Sandhya but for the second I am not sure.
Shantaram could have put shirt on in the second.

Romanise

Jan 27, 2009, 3:44:46 PM1/27/09
Of the film but only the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvvwZWm8oc

Romanise

Jan 27, 2009, 3:48:37 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 3:19 pm, Kallu Mallu <KalluMallu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. On youtube do a search on "Ajit45555". There is a great
> collection there - Halaku, Yahudi, Seema, ... Another collection is from
> "yuanyuanyuanyin"
>
> VB

Bookmarked both, though from the looks, the first one more substantial.

Kallu Mallu

Jan 28, 2009, 1:26:17 AM1/28/09

If you like/understand Marathi, you should check out the "ahonkan"
collection on YouTube. There are several videos from Sa Re Ga Ma Little
Champs in Marathi. The kids are way way way beyond amazing. All round
nice collection.

VB

Romanise

Jan 28, 2009, 2:53:11 AM1/28/09

I had to pass my Marathi test to be eligible for increments in mid
seventies, being an employee of Poona University instead of Deccan
College where I worked and lived.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=ahonkan

Bookmarked it.

Romanise

Jan 28, 2009, 5:48:34 AM1/28/09

Romanise

Jan 28, 2009, 6:16:10 AM1/28/09

Romanise

Jan 29, 2009, 3:46:48 AM1/29/09

Kallu Mallu

Jan 30, 2009, 1:06:50 AM1/30/09

Thank you. Ajit45555 on youtube.com also has videos from Bimal Roy's "Do
Bigha Zameen" (Balraj Sahni at his best before Garm Hawa) including
"mausam beeta jaaye..."

Romanise

Jan 30, 2009, 2:58:28 AM1/30/09
On Jan 30, 6:06 am, Kallu Mallu <KalluMallu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you. Ajit45555 on youtube.com also has videos from Bimal Roy's "Do
> Bigha Zameen" (Balraj Sahni at his best before Garm Hawa) including
> "mausam beeta jaaye..."

Having used You Tube for some days now, thought it would be nice if
some one made lists that attend to categories like 1) Very much liked
songs of singers who could not be very much successful, 2) Danced
songs, 3) Qawali. Of course good picturisation (any better term?) is
essential.

Romanise

Jan 31, 2009, 3:58:58 AM1/31/09

Romanise

Feb 1, 2009, 6:53:32 AM2/1/09

Mirza Ghalib

Feb 2, 2009, 12:42:25 AM2/2/09
On Jan 27, 3:12 am, Romanise <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mudali wrote:

> >> Old Hindi B&W movies with Raj Kapoor are pretty good. Anymore these
> >> movies should be available with English subtitles. Shri 420 was good
> >> movie, as was Jaagte Raho, Awaara, Aag, Barsaat, Boot Polish, Teesri
> >> Kasam... Good movies with great songs (my main interest :-)), especially
> >> with Shankar-Jaikishan. Although the movie did not do too well at all,
> >> Teesri Kasam to me was a great movie.
>
> >> I watched some recent Malayalam films - the less said about them the
> >> better. They seem to poor copies of the slicker Hindi movies. Movies
> >> from the 60s/70s are much better. Mukhamukham of Adoor Gopalakrishnan
> >> was the last good one (bootleg) I saw. Hard to come by his movies. I
> >> would like to see Kathapurushan. Can someone provide a review (and
> >> source) of this movie? He also made a movie based on Thakazhi's stories
> >> - not Chemmeen (great movie, by the way), the title does not come to
> >> mind now.- Hide quoted text -

> > I saw many B/W movies of RajKapoor and really enoyed them  Music is a
> > different thing and enjoyed them all.
>
> RK Films made one kind of movies. Navketan (Dev Anand) made equally
> entertaining movies - great songs with SD Burman.
>
> > Adoor is one of the best in Malayalam cinema. he came to canada for
> > the film festival!
>
> > But Adoor's movies cannot be find in any store. Most of the malayalam
> > movie DVDs are sold by Sri Lankans in Canada.
>
> Currently Netflix has "Nizhalkkuthu" available. Yes, it is difficult to
> get Adoor's movies by legit means. Some are available as bootleg.
>
> > For the last 20 years I watch malayalam movies and I know the trend in
> > kerala. Now the main theme is entertainment + reality of Kerala in
> > movie making!
>
> Matter of taste, I suppose. I don't quite understand/identify with
> modern Malayalam movies. Of the lot, Mamooty is the best (I'll probably
> get some angry rejoinders from Mohanlal fans :-))
>
> > I enjoy current Malayalam movies over the TAMIL and Hindi because
> > malayalam movies all the time portray many realities of the land.
>
> I don't watch Tamil movies, but I do see "music videos" playing at the
> Indian grocery store once in a while. Based on the brief look, I think
> I'll pass and just listen to the songs (the tunes can be quite catchy).
>

> > Naanum oru Malayali aye.
>
> Welcome aboard.

To my knowledge one Navketan movie had Jaidev as the
music director - Hum Dono. Burman did all others till
his death in 1975.

Mirza Ghalib

Feb 2, 2009, 12:49:28 AM2/2/09
On Jan 27, 12:44 pm, Romanise <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Of the film but only the song
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvvwZWm8oc

The film was Parchhain. Sandhya (Jhanak Jhanak
fame) began her career with this film.

I have the film on DVD. At this point I do not know
how to upload the songs with video. But I will do
so as soon as I can.

Mirza Ghalib

Feb 2, 2009, 12:51:58 AM2/2/09

I see that it is already available on youtube, and you
have posted it. Thanks.

Kallu Mallu

Feb 2, 2009, 12:56:50 AM2/2/09
Mirza Ghalib wrote:

> To my knowledge one Navketan movie had Jaidev as the
> music director - Hum Dono. Burman did all others till
> his death in 1975.

SDB until before Hare Rama Hare Krishna, after which RDB did a few. From
around 1980 Navketan went completely down the toilet in terms of
quality (both movie and songs) - I think Bhappi Lahiri has scored songs
for at least a couple of largely forgettable movies.

Yes, Jaidev scored the music for Hum Dono. However, SDB did not score
all through Prem Pujari. Andhiyaan and Hum Safar were scored by Ustad
Ali Akbar Khan (true!).

Mirza Ghalib

Feb 2, 2009, 1:09:48 AM2/2/09

Thanks for the info.