STATUS OF PIE. IE IS A MYTH CREATED BY INDOLOGISTS - REVIEW OF A NEW BOOK *** Jai Maharaj posts

1 view

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 1, 2010, 10:18:12 PM1/1/10
Forwarded message from S. Kalyanaraman

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Status of PIE. IE is a myth created by indologists -- Review of a new book

This is a stop press report on the death-throes of IE.

A remarkable debate is ongoing in the field of IE linguistics,
questioning the very method on which the non-falsiable discipline is
founded, making IE virtually a myth. Indigenous evolution of Indians
is NOT a myth. Aryan invasion is a myth. IE is a myth.

I am referring to a recent book.

Angela Marcantonio, 2009, The Indo-European Language Family:
questions about its status, Washington DC, Institute for the study of
Man, Journal of Indo-European Studies Monograph Series, No. 55.

Let me cite from the introduction in this remarkable book:

"Conclusion. The reader has seen in this book a variety of views
about IE, ranging from the belief that it represents the language of
a real pre-historical community; through the thesis that it is only a
model to embody linguistic correlations; all the way to statistical
evidence that (many) linguistc correlations themselves may be merely
an artefact of the method of analysis. In fact, when the various
components of the theory are brought together so that they can be
seen holistically, it is hard to pin down what the foundations of the
theory are actually supposed to be. For example, one of the founding
principles of the traditional version of the theory was the
assumption that morphological paradigms cannot be borrowed, and
therefore it is possible to trace genetic inheritance through them.
However, we have seen evidence of wholesale paradigm borrowing, based
on studies of languages in contact. In any case, some scholars now
hold that morphology is less relevant than other actors -- but it is
at present unclear whether, or how, these other factors may be
verified or falsified. It has been the purpose of this book to bring
to the fore these contradictions and open questions associated with
the theory. It is for the reader and the linguistic community to
decide the way forward."

Yes, Angela Marcantonio, IE is a big theory. The way forward is to
start focussing on semantics, instead of treating morphology as
relevant and relate the semantics to the cultural settings which
determine the formation and evolution of languages. Take a look at my
Indian Lexicon, for example. About 4000 of the so-called Dravidian
etyma have Indo-Aryan and Austro-asiatic cognates. Then, why persist
with the aryan-dravidian-munda divide within the Indian linguistic
area?

Angela Marcantonio should be complimented for the bold statement she
has made by editing a set of contributions which should make all
linguists (and, indologists dealing with IE, in particular) re-think,
introspect on the limitations of their discipline.

Table of contents:

Introduction by Angela Marcantonio

The satem languages of the Indo-European Northwest by Henning
Andersen

Ideology, the Indian homeland hypothesis and the comparative
methodd by E. Annamalai and SB Steever

The Indo-Aryan migration debate by Edwin Bryant

Indo-European vowel alternations: (ablaut/apophony) by Onofrio
Carruba

Verbal inflection from 'Proto-Indo-European' to the Indo-European
languages: a matter of coherence? by Paolo Di Giovine

Stratified reconstruction and a new view of the family tree model
by Bridget Drinka

The origin and spread of the Indo-Germanic people by Alexander
Hausler

Indo-European linguistics and Indo-Aryan indigenism by Nicholas
Kazanas

Evidence that most Indo-European lexical reconstructions are
artefacts of the linguistic method of analysis by Angela Marcantonio

Defining the limits of grammatical borrowing by Yaron Matras
Iranian archaisms vs. Vedic innovations and the Indo-Iranian unity by
Rudiger Schmitt

Bye-bye, IE, the myth. It is time to restore language studies into a
cultural framework instead of indulging in verbal juggleries called
morphological studies resulting in false classifications of language
families.

For anyone interested, I will be happy to email excerpts from
selected, specific contents of the book.

S. Kalyanaraman

End of forwarded message from S. Kalyanaraman

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

harmony

Jan 4, 2010, 2:24:17 PM1/4/10
the europeans have a psychological need to be the origianal aryans. they are
just pissed off they can't reconcile thay they are white and the aryans
were/are brown.

<use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
message news:20100101ZlqI6UDW1aT6FQT3CcjIHoM@Rq5s9...

hari....@indero.com

Jan 4, 2010, 3:12:09 PM1/4/10
"the europeans have a psychological need to be the origianal aryans.
they are just pissed off they can't reconcile thay they are white and
the aryans were/are brown."

I count several flaws of fact or logic in the above. Extra points if
one flaw is spotted, a passing mark if all are found.

3 m blindness is a terrible thing to behold, or is it better said 3m
obsession?

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 4, 2010, 4:01:26 PM1/4/10
These racists are being cut down to size. Even the man in the White
House is only half white (although he has yet to show his long-form
birth certificate to prove eligibility).

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

In article <4b424062$0$5327$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> the europeans have a psychological need to be the origianal aryans. they are
> just pissed off they can't reconcile thay they are white and the aryans
> were/are brown.

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

M. Ranjit Mathews

Jan 4, 2010, 5:05:43 PM1/4/10
On Jan 4, 2:24 pm, "harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> the europeans have a psychological need to be the original aryans.

Then, why did they originally claim that the Aryans invaded Europe
from Asia?

> they are just pissed off they can't reconcile thay they are white and
> the aryans were/are brown.

Then, how are they able to reconcile their being white with their
belief that man originated in Africa?

hari....@indero.com

Jan 4, 2010, 6:15:49 PM1/4/10
"These racists are being cut down to size. Even the man in the White
House is only half white (although he has yet to show his long-form
birth certificate to prove eligibility). "

Jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. is a white bigot.

Each state handles confirmation of birth. The state confirmed it, the
very state in which jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. resides as an american
citizen .

Funny too that jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. has in past refused to
provide the same information.

As he also refuses about claims in support of education and language
used and other bits of his self invented web image.

So not only is jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. a white bigot, he is a
hypocrite.

harmony

Jan 4, 2010, 6:20:14 PM1/4/10

"M. Ranjit Mathews" <ranjit_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Jan 4, 2:24 pm, "harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> the europeans have a psychological need to be the original aryans.

<Then, why did they originally claim that the Aryans invaded Europe
from Asia?>

the europeans started on this craze when they had an overpowering need to
disentagle themselves from kreepy, killer kirastanism, and hence to prove
they really had nothing to do with the mideast monotheist madness (tied to
the infamous 3m). the whites had had it with the missionarism, mullaism and
marxism. to make the matter worse, they had a thing about the jews too. in
other words the whites did not like their inner being. but of course, they
loved their outer layer.

> they are just pissed off they can't reconcile thay they are white and
> the aryans were/are brown.

<Then, how are they able to reconcile their being white with their
belief that man originated in Africa?>

africa --> mideast --> and then india. it takes a while to know that real
civilization (sanskriti) started from india in the satya yuga with the
ultimate civilizing language (sanskrit).
the white folks are laboring under the mistaken assumption that civilization
has been progressing from primitive in the stone age to the modern.
no, no, no.............

the best the world had was during satya uga where the humanity started fully
civilized, albeit slowly eroding. sanskrit wasn't for mere communication for
things comprehensible (even to the most advanced human minds), its greater
use was spiritual.

he iswhar gowray logon ko sadbuddhi deejo. next nobel prize in science
should go to some one who does some research on satya yuga.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 4, 2010, 6:51:41 PM1/4/10
In article <4b4277b0$0$5330$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> he iswhar gowray logon ko sadbuddhi deejo.

They may have it but they just don't know how to look within for the buddhi.

> next nobel prize in science
> should go to some one who does some research on satya yuga.

Only a promise to do something is needed. Obama's Nobel demonstrates this.

harmony

Jan 4, 2010, 7:04:57 PM1/4/10
lol. i agree.

<use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in

message news:20100104SJ87u8sHN6hmnT0ohzMy1y8@WV73r...

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 4, 2010, 7:26:58 PM1/4/10
A Satya Yug puraskaar . . . hmm . . . how about one for research in
all the yugs? But then, what in your opinion may not be known?

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

In article <4b42822c$0$5348$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> lol. i agree.

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

harmony

Jan 4, 2010, 7:37:21 PM1/4/10
the white folks are looking at it from the wrong end.
if they looked at right (which would mean they must first learn to
communicate in sanskrit language), then all the so-called linguists would
have to find real jobs.

<use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in

message news:20100104UOpgw2L0yKT9gu8Kn9MqiBm@L7DNP...

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 4, 2010, 8:03:49 PM1/4/10
You make a valid point. I know a couple of linguists who do know
Sanskrit, but they know only its literal part. They rebel against
learning the spiritual since it is a divine language. Even the label
"language" is insufficient to describe it.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

In article <4b4289c3$0$5346$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> the white folks are looking at it from the wrong end.
> if they looked at right (which would mean they must first learn to
> communicate in sanskrit language), then all the so-called linguists would
> have to find real jobs.

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

Panu

Jan 5, 2010, 2:06:39 AM1/5/10
On Jan 4, 9:24 pm, "harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> the europeans have a psychological need to be the origianal aryans. they are
> just pissed off they can't reconcile thay they are white and the aryans
> were/are brown.

In my native language, the word for slave is cognate with Aryan.

PaulJK

Jan 5, 2010, 2:52:42 AM1/5/10

:-)))))
pjk

M. Ranjit Mathews

Jan 5, 2010, 4:32:00 AM1/5/10

I like the expressiveness of your use of "cognate" but it is
technically an incorrect usage since your language and IE didn't get
the word from a common ancestral language.

Joachim Pense

Jan 5, 2010, 12:00:11 PM1/5/10
M. Ranjit Mathews (in sci.lang):

Maybe they did. The "slave" word might be a loan from an IE word that's
cognate with "aryan".

Joachim

P. Rajah

Jan 5, 2010, 12:33:41 PM1/5/10
Jay Stevens Maharaj aka the jumpin' jackass jyotishithead wrote:

> These racists are being cut down to size. Even the man in the White
> House is only half white (although he has yet to show his long-form
> birth certificate to prove eligibility).

Is there a rule that only white people are allowed in the White House?

Btw, it's rather intriguing that you claim to have attended IIT-Delhi
before there was an IIT-Delhi, based on your various claims like having
fought for Indian independence, having fought the Chinese, being the
oldest poster to Usenet, etc., etc. On your Google profile, you claim to
have begun your "practice" more than 50 years ago. IIT-Delhi did not
exist 50 years ago. Where are your certificates to prove any of your claims?

P. Rajah

Jan 5, 2010, 12:31:26 PM1/5/10
harmony aka pradipshithead wrote:

> the europeans have a psychological need to be the origianal aryans. they are
> just pissed off they can't reconcile thay they are white and the aryans
> were/are brown.

That's funny. Nitwits like you have been at pains to convey that
"aryans" were simply those of noble character and not a race. As you and
your fellow bigots exemplify, brown people have plenty of ignobles among
them, so why would whites of noble character be excluded from being
called "aryans"?