TWICE AS BAD - DOUBLE DHAMAAL

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jun 30, 2011, 7:55:37 PM6/30/11
Twice as bad - Double Dhamaal

Review by Sudhish Kamath
The Hindu
Sunday, June 26, 2011

[Caption] Double Whammy

A farce is not the easiest genre to execute especially when you don't
have a script. This sequel to the rip-off of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad,
Mad World and Road Trip at best looks like an improvised stage play
with actors given a free hand and a bottle of rum each.

While the first instalment forced you to surrender to its PJs by
numbers (you laughed, at least, at 40 out of the 100 jokes
attempted), this mess of an unfunny film makes you wince at its
laboured attempts at humour.

There are only two gags that work, while the rest will make you gag.
To spare you the trauma of sitting through the torture, here's a
quick idea of the only things you'll miss:

a. The sight of a chimp smooching Aashish Choudhary-dressed-as-a-
chimp as the 'Bheege Hont Tere' track from Murder plays in the
background and the chimp giving lovelorn expressions. Genuinely
funny.

b. Aashish Choudhary with his hair gelled up like Darsheel Safari
acting super-retarded as the walking talking melting pot of
Bollywood's portrayal of assorted mental illnesses ranging from
dyslexia (Taare Zameen Par) to paraplegia (Guzaarish). Funny only if
you are okay with the politically incorrect, insensitive and
outrageously disgusting Farelly Brothers brand of humour (But still,
this is subversive in many ways because it's poking fun at how
Bollywood treats mental illness)

Everything else is a recycled gag from the first film and there's
some physical comedy as well for those who feel obliged to laugh for
all the money spent. If you find the actors making puns out of all
the balls and marbles they play with and throw at each other
juvenile, you might laugh a few more times.

That apart, the only other comic relief comes from the
unintentionally funny Kangana Ranaut's 'Kolified' English diction and
Satish Kaushik's constant digs at the film's leads.

After a while, you stop caring for all the nonsense unfolding on
screen and bide your time restlessly before Mallika Sherawat launches
into the much-hyped item number 'Jalebi Bai'. Yes, Jalebi Bai can
shake it better than Sheila and jiggle with more abandon than Munni
but then, why buy a ticket for that show? What's Youtube for, after
all?

The only thing more appalling than the fact that this sequel got made
is that the gang promises a Part 3. We can say about the Dhamaal
franchise what they say about heart attacks. We don't want a third
time.

Genre: Comedy

Director: Indra Kumar

Cast: Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Riteish Deshmukh, Jaaved Jaffery,
Aashish Choudhary, Mallika Sherawat, Kangana Ranaut

Storyline: The 'Four Jokers' are conned by their nemesis Kabir again
and they plot their revenge

Bottomline: The only two hoots you give are for Mallika's 'Jalebi
Bai' item. And a couple of pop culture digs that are outrageously
irreverent.

Sudhish Kamath

More at:
http://www.hindu.com/cp/2011/06/26/stories/2011062650010300.htm

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

hab...@anony.net

Jul 7, 2011, 6:30:48 PM7/7/11
So says a man who has never watched a Bollywood movie and never put
an original review.
Jai is known for regurgitating news without making his own comments
so it seems most of the time he has not even read it.
This movie is a big hit in India

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jul 7, 2011, 6:39:10 PM7/7/11
In article <4e163352...@news.giganews.com>,
hab...@anony.net posted:

> . . .

A previous post:

MALICIOUS 'HABSHI' (formerly 'Mo') POSTED FALSE DEATH ANNOUNCEMENT OF
JAI MAHARAJ

Note - Habshi also uses the addresses "Habshi" <hab...@anony.com>
and "Habsi" <hab...@anony.com>
Someone has claimed that habshi also uses the address:
"arunk...@yahoo.com" <arunk...@yahoo.com>

MALICIOUS MO aka HABSHI PUBLISHES FALSE DEATH ANNOUNCEMENT

o Copy of death announcement by Mo <100336.3...@compuserve.com>

o Copy of typical headers of another post by Mo (to show that
Mo uses "100336.3...@compuserve.com" in the "From:" header)

o Why did Mo publish a false death announcement? Evidence of
the motivation in Mo's sick, malicious mind.

o Does Mo exhibit a morbid pattern of publishig death threats/wishes?
Has Mo published death threats/wishes in the past? Yes, here is
a post from 1998.

o Copy of death announcement by Mo <100336.3...@compuserve.com> :
[
[ Subject: JYOTISH DR JAI MAHARAJ PASSES ON
[ From: 100336.3...@compuserve.com (..)
[ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,
[ rec.arts.movies.local.indian,soc.cuture.british,hawaii.nortle
[ Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:17:15 GMT
[
[
[ Prayer and hope , even though it will pollute holy Mother
[ Earth..
[
Copy ends

o Copy of typical headers of another post by Mo (to show that
Mo uses "100336.3...@compuserve.com" in the "From:" header) :
[
[ From: 100336.3...@compuserve.com (Mo)
[ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.pakistan,
[ soc.culture.punjab,alt.religion.islam,soc.culture.china
[ Subject: Is Pakistan trying to lose AK and NT ?
[ Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:58:05 GMT
[
Copy ends

o Why did Mo publish a false death announcement? The following
post may point to the motivation in Mo's sick, malicious mind:

Copy begins
[
[ Subject: FORGER MO PROUD TO BE JEW BUT THREATENS TO SUE
[ BECAUSE JEWISH IDENTITY REVEALED
[ From: Dr. Jai Maharaj
[ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,
[ soc.culture.pakistan,soc.culture.israel,alt.religion.islam
[ Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:00:07 UTC
[
[ Mo is proud to be a Jew but threatens to sue because the
[ Jewish identitiy was revealed (must be ashamed to be a Jew!),
[ says most best friends are Muslim. The following posts by
[ criminal Mo provide the evidence:
[
[ [ Subject: Re: PAKISTANI JEW, FORGER, DVD PIRATE MO'S NAME IS ARON
[ [ From: 100336.3...@compuserve.com (Mo)
[ [ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,
[ [ soc.culture.pakistan,soc.culture.iranian,
[ [ alt.religion.islam
[ [ Date: 20 Mar 2000
[ [
[ [
[ [ I am proud to be a Jew . Jews have made the most
[ [ significant contributions to the improvement of
[ [ humankind while miserable Muslims have done most to
[ [ regress it . Long live Jews and all other humans !
[ [ Down with male macho Muslims -even Jahanum is too good
[ [ for them !..
[
[ Source -
[ http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=599841719&fmt=text
[
[
[ [ Subject: Re: PAKISTANI FORGER, DVD PIRATE MO'S NAME IS ARON
[ [ From: 100336.3...@compuserve.com (Mo)
[ [ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,
[ [ soc.culture.pakistan,rec.arts.movies.local.indian,
[ [ alt.religion.islam
[ [
[ [
[ [ Fool I am going to sue you ass off for revealing my
[ [ Jewish identity and also for calling me a DVD pirate
[ [ but I will forgive you if you have a bare knuckled
[ [ fight instead..
[
[ Source -
[ http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=586220887&fmt=text
[
[
[ [ Subject: Re: Proof Pakistani and Indian Muslims have
[ [ double the birth rate of Hindus ,
[ [ From: 100336.3...@compuserve.com (Mo)
[ [ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,
[ [ soc.culture.pakistan,alt.religion.islam
[ [ Date: 24 Nov 1999
[ [
[ [
[ [ correction:
[ [ if there is even one good Muslim in the world and btw
[ [ most of my best friends are Muslims , it does not
[ [ deserve treating all the same way . So fight the
[ [ Talibanis and the Jihadists and leave the good humans
[ [ alone. Tabu is my favourite and who cares if she is
[ [ Muslim ?..
[
[ Source -
[ http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=552688444&fmt=text
[
[
[ [ Subject: Re: MO
[ [ From: 100336.3...@compuserve.com (Mo)
[ [ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.pakistan,
[ [ alt.religion.islam
[ [ Date: 14 Dec 1999
[ [
[ [
[ [ <<< <jason.alexanderNOjaS...@aqumen.co.uk.invalid>
[ [ wrote:
[ [ why are you so bitter towards muslims?????? what event
[ [ has made you this twisted? >>>
[ [
[ [ What bitterness ? I am only trying to save humanity
[ [ from an Islamic Mullah takeover . My best friends are
[ [ all Muslim..
[
[ Source -
[ http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=560706871&fmt=text
[
[
[ [ Subject: Re: Assam tragedy- ramkrisp. mirza ghalib etc
[ [ From: 100336.3...@compuserve.com (Mo)
[ [ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian
[ [ Date: 09 Oct 1999
[ [
[ [ One of my best friends is a native Assamese Muslim
[ [ and secular and very pro Indian ..
[
[ Source -
[ http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=534644187&fmt=text
[
[
End of copy

o Does Mo exhibit a morbid pattern of publishig death threats/wishes?
Has Mo published death threats/wishes in the past? Yes, here is
a post from 1998:

Copy begins
[
[ Subject: Re: MO, STOP PUBLISHING LIES, DEATH WISHES/THREATS
[ (Was: Re: India's...)
[ From: address.below...@web.site (Dr. Jai Maharaj)
[ Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.pakistan,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,
[ alt.religion.islam,soc.culture.indian.kerala,alt.politics.clinton,
[ alt.religion.jewish
[ Date: 16 Jul 1998
[
[
[ In article <3660c3ff.345530...@news.clara.net> ,
[ 113056....@compuserve.com (Mo) wrote:
[ >
[ > On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:37:09 GMT, Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:
[ >>
[ >>> [ From: 113056....@compuserve.com (Mo)
[ >>> [ NNTP-Posting-Host: 195.8.80.90
[ >>> [ Path: . . . news.clara.net!nnrp1.clara.net!not-for-mail
[ >>> [. . .]
[ >>>
[ >>> Mo <113056....@compuserve.com>, stop publishing lies, death
[ >>> wishes/threats. - Jai Maharaj
[ >
[ >
[ > Care to give examples ??
[ > - Mo
[
[
[ Yes, here is a copy of one example:
[
[ Copy Begins
[ [
[ [ Subject: Re: 99.25% but denied admission
[ [ From: 113056....@compuserve.com (Mo)
[ [ Newsgroups: soc.culture.tamil,soc.culture.indian,
[ [ soc.culture.pakistan
[ [ Date: 10 Jul 1998
[ [
[ [
[ [ kuen me ja kar doob mar
[ [
[ [ On 09 Jul 1998 13:49:16 -0500, il...@csc.it.moc wrote:
[ [
[ [ 113056....@compuserve.com (Mo) writes:
[ [
[ [ >
[ [ > [reply deleted]
[ [ >
[ [
[ [ My original posting was to SCI and SCT only. I am surprised that
[ [ you included SCP and ARI in your reply; the topic at hand is totally
[ [ irrelevant to those NGs. Please do not include irrelevant NGs in
[ [ your reply. Thanks.
[ [
[ Copy Ends
[