BISHOP SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED FOLLOWING ARREST OF PEDOPHILE CHRISTIAN PRIEST

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 18, 2010, 7:06:46 PM2/18/10
Central New York: Bishop Should Be Investigated Following Arrest of
Pedophile Priest

Young man steps forward with story of being molested by Episcopal
Priest Ralph Johnson

News/Commentary

By David W. Virtue
http://www.virtueonline.org
Thursday, February 18, 2010

[Bishop Gladstone (Skip) Adams] Arrest came swiftly this week for
former Episcopal priest Fr. Ralph Elwood Johnson. Johnson was charged
with multiple counts each of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse,
indecent assault, and corruption of a minor.

The arrest of this former 82-year old Episcopal priest in the Diocese
of Central New York and the possible cover-up of the priest's sexual
activities by Episcopal Bishop Gladstone (Skip) Adams years earlier
beg for double justice.

The first justice should be whatever the courts determine Johnson
should receive for his vile conduct. The second is what should happen
to Bishop Adams who tried to conceal the priest's behavior and, in
the process, attempted to depose a godly priest for being a
whistleblower.

The truth is the bishop should be investigated by the national
church. He should face the same charges brought against the now
inhibited and deposed former Bishop of Pennsylvania, Charles E.
Bennison who was forced to step down following a trial and conviction
on charges that he covered up his brother's sexual abuse of a female
minor.

The story begins in 2006 when the now former rector of St. Paul's
Church in Owego, Fr. David G. Bollinger, claimed in a lawsuit that
Bishop Gladstone Adams retaliated against him for raising allegations
against then St. Paul's rector, Ralph E. Johnson.

Fr. Bollinger, now retired, said he was punished by the church for
being a whistleblower and removed from his position. The bishop
inhibited Bollinger six times and drew up Presentment charges against
him. Fr. Bollinger prevailed in an ecclesiastical court when the
diocese threw out the charges.

The lawsuit alleged the local Episcopal Diocese failed to act on an
accusation of sexual abuse and retaliated against the former rector
who brought up the complaint. Bollinger was vindicated by the courts.
Bollinger suffered a serious heart attack at the time and retired.
Adams still kept his job.

Everybody in the diocese wanted it all to just go away. Sex abuse
scandals rarely do, however, as the Roman Catholic Church in Ireland
has learned to its dismay. Scandal can erupt years later with
horrible consequences. Over the weekend, Pope Benedict XVI took 24
Irish bishops to task for the sex abuse crisis in that country,
calling the scandal a "heinous crime."

The Diocese of Central New York tried to block Fr. Bollinger from
performing his duties at St. Paul's when the scandal first erupted.
The diocese claimed that Bollinger misused money while rector at the
church. Bollinger said the diocese invented the claim as a means of
retaliation.

The win by Bollinger in church court brought this response by his
attorney, "It's further vindication of the position we've taken
Bollinger claims that years earlier, he alerted Episcopal officials
to Johnson's alleged sexual misconduct, but was rebuffed by
Gladstone." Johnson later resigned from the priesthood amid
allegations that he abused a young boy in the 1970s.

VOL believes that a thorough investigation and appropriate charges
should be brought against Bishop Adams similar to those brought
against Bishop Bennison.

* * *

The following story was sent to VOL after Ralph Johnson, former
rector of St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Owego, was arraigned this
week by the police on 15 counts of involuntary deviate sexual
intercourse, a felony; 15 counts of indecent assault, a misdemeanor;
and 15 counts of corruption of minors.

The incidents, representing about 15 encounters between the suspect
and the alleged victim, happened at Johnson's home in Gibson
Township, Susquehanna County, between 1992 and 1995, according to a
police report.

VOL believes that the heinousness of these crimes should be made
public and Bishop Adams should be investigated for his lack of
inaction in dealing adequately with Johnson. The abused man has asked
to remain anonymous.

Exclusive to Virtueonline

By Anonymous
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This started when I couldn't live with this burden any more dealing
with my molestation as a kid.

I googled Ralph Johnson's name and had a suspicion that his name was
out there.

I found all the articles (see links below) on how Fr. David Bollinger
was oppressed by the Central New York Diocese and how they did not
give him any credence and what they did to defame him.

For years, I hid this because it was virtually impossible to talk
about. Father Johnson always told me that no one would ever believe
me and that his actions were righteous. He would imply that it is his
word against mine and the CNY Diocese loves him, so good luck.

Funny thing, when I used to stay at Ralph's house, Michael Jackson
was going this convictions and Ralph defended Jackson, stating that
"the boy probably wanted it and his parents are jealous." I felt so
convicted that I contacted the State Troopers in Gibson, PA and gave
them a report and contacted the CNY Diocese. That same night, I
received an email from Fr. John Martinichio requesting that I call
him immediately. I contacted Fr. John and he told me that there were
allegations about Ralph Johnson and he told me over the phone that
Ralph Johnson was ordered to resign his ordination as a priest.

That was a lie, Ralph voluntarily resigned his orders.

Fr. John was not at all concerned about my well-being but he was
avid, first telling me that I should be reminded of my legal rights
and that it was probably beyond the statute of limitations, so in
essence, good luck. He didn't offer any counseling or any other kind
of assistance at that time nor did he seem to care. He also reminded
me that Ralph no longer worked for the Diocese so any implication of
him (Martinichio) would have no bearing on the CNY Diocese. This was
clearly an effort to exonerate himself and remove any guilt he might
have.

I was very disappointed in this phone call and felt victimized by it.
I felt that I was treated like a criminal for reporting abuse.

The following day, I contacted someone who used to be affiliated with
the Diocese and came to find out that this person had known of my
travels to Father Johnson's over the weekend in the 1990s and
reported it to the CNY Diocese in 2004.

Neither my family nor myself had ever received any sort of contact
from the CNY Diocese inquiring about the incident. To me what was the
most hurtful thing is the fact that they didn't care. This person
told me to contact the Diocese that I currently live in and open an
investigation.

I felt incredibly scared and cried for about an hour after that phone
call. I contacted the Diocese where I now reside and they opened an
investigation. They asked me a few questions and then sent it back to
the CNY Diocese. The person who worked with contacted me back. She
was rude about the fact that I had made contact with her and the
diocese but she did not yell at me. She was callous and showed that
she did her part and then offered up a 'leave me alone' mentality.
Later that night Fr. John contacted me and yelled at me for not
bringing it to his attention. He said he was going to make
arrangements for counseling.

The fact is that it took an outside source, another Diocese, before
they would offer any sort of counseling.

When I talked to my counselor, there was a sense of urgency from the
Diocese to rush through the counseling process so they could wash
their hands of it all and be done with it.

Last week I sent an email to Fr. John Martinichio but have heard
nothing back from him. I believe he owed me a simple, 'I hope you're
doing ok. I am sorry to see things went wrong,' but nothing at all.

I believe that the dioceses' pathetic damage control that made it
into the newspapers from the office of the Bishop, is just that,
pathetic. They do not have anyone else's concerns or intentions at
heart except to protect themselves.

As I think about all this I am not sure what is more nightmarish, my
horrific childhood experience or dealing with the CNY Diocese.

I plead with you if you are reading this, if you are a victim of
Ralph Johnson, please come forward and alert the authorities. I urge
you to, because this pedophilia pandemic that exists in our society
needs to stop, especially by those whom claim to speak for God and
those most coveted people who aim to bring us peace and love in our
lives -- the church.

The following stories regarding Ralph Johnson can be accessed here:

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/84532757.html

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=12103

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=12052

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6355

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4098

More at:
http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=12129

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.