A DIABOLICAL PLOY

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 23, 2010, 5:41:03 PM2/23/10
A diabolical ploy

By Chandan Mitra
Op-Ed
The Pioneer
Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Those with separatist sympathies have deliberately distorted what is
an unambiguous denunciation of appeasement-peddlers who want India to
concede Pakistan's unacceptable demands on J&K

I am aghast at the diabolical attempt by certain persons with obvious
separatist sympathies to distort my article "A �moth-eaten' India?"
which appeared in The Pioneer on Sunday, February 21, 2010. A canard
is being spread by a Kashmiri commentator Iftikhar Gilani, who writes
for the Kashmir Times, that I have argued against the BJP's stand on
Jammu & Kashmir and advocated "free Kashmir or joint sovereignty" for
the State. I am truly appalled by the deliberate and motivated
distortion of my beliefs by Mr Gilani and his ilk.

In my article, I had strongly denounced the views of a "small but
influential section of public opinion in India", which often argues
that New Delhi should think out of the box and consider options such
as "joint sovereignty" and even consider "giving up" the State in
view of the mounting loss of lives. Having summarised their utterly
ridiculous suggestions, which are now being mischievously attributed
to me, I went on to describe these people as "appeasement-peddlers".
I accused them of overlooking the bloodthirsty diatribe of jihadi
leaders like Abdur Rehman Makki and other "luminaries of the Rogue's
Gallery of terror", namely, leaders of Jamaat-ud-Dawa'h which I
described as a euphemism for Lashkar-e-Tayyeba.

The entire thrust of my article was that there cannot be any
compromise with jihadi elements who have vowed to dismember Jammu &
Kashmir from India. I sharply criticised the UPA Government's
ambivalent stand with reference to India's capitulation before
Pakistan at Sharm el-Sheikh. I concluded by warning the nation
against the jihadi and Pakistani plot to wage a 1,000-year war on
India to make it a moth-eaten entity.

Anybody with rudimentary knowledge of the English language could not
have misunderstood my argument. Therefore, to pick out my summary of
the views of separatists and their closet sympathisers in India
smacks of a wily, premeditated ploy to mislead and confuse the
people. It is also aimed at embarrassing the BJP for I am a member of
its National Executive and speak in its support at various public
forums, including television channels.

I strongly denounce this pre-planned mischief-making. There is no
question of my having ever supported the separatists' argument. Jammu
& Kashmir is an integral part of India and the country will not
countenance the diabolical attempt by jihadi groups, assisted by a
handful of home-grown separatists and sections of the Pakistani
establishment, to tear India apart -- whether by force or fanciful
formulas like "joint sovereignty".

http://dailypioneer.com/238278/A-diabolical-ploy.html

More at:
http://www.dailypioneer.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.