Sanskrit is the lucky mascot for Ajay Devgn

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Aug 10, 2015, 1:20:03 PM8/10/15
Sanskrit is the lucky mascot for Ajay Devgn

By Joginder Tuteja
Daily News & Analysis
dnaindia.com
Tuesday, July 28, 2015

As a matter of fact, another major film in Ajay's career,
Omkara, too bears Sanskrit origin, hence turning out to
be quite an uncanny trend in the actor's films.

Mumbai - When it came to finalising the title for Ajay
Devgn's Friday release Drishyam, there wasn't much debate
around leaving it as it is. Though a few other titles
were considered, it was unanimously agreed that the film
would continue to be called so. Here is the reason why.
Not just did Ajay believe that the name had already stuck
in people's mind, it has also turned out to be a trend of
sorts where a Sanskrit title has gone in the favor of his
films.

"First it was Singham, now it is Drishyam and tomorrow it
will be Shivaay. Each of these is a Sanskrit word. Yes,
it has been a coincidence of sorts since Singham as well
as Drishyam are actually remakes and Ajay has basically
acquired the title. However, Shivaay is an entirely new
film and subconsciously turned out to be a Sanskrit word.
Given the fact that Singham as well as Singham Returns
did so well while Drishyam has done well across all
languages that it has been made in so far, Sanskrit is
definitely a lucky mascot for Ajay. Now he is mighty
excited about Shivaay too," informs our source.

As a matter of fact, another major film in Ajay's career,
Omkara, too bears Sanskrit origin, hence turning out to
be quite an uncanny trend in the actor's films.

"Well, I never thought about it that way but yes,
sometimes certain titles so stick and then you wonder why
to change them at all. For Drishyam, there was a brief
discussion around the change of title. However, I did
feel that there was no point doing so because everyone
was anyway calling it as Drishyam remake all this while,"
says Ajay, "Someone suggested if we should have Drishya
as a title but then again it was similar to Drishyam. I
remember people debated massively at the time of Singham
as they felt it was a Sanskrit word and pan-India
audience won't pick it up easily. However, we loved the
tone of it and rest is history. Same holds true for
Drishyam too," says Ajay.

Tell him that even a title like Bahubali has been picked
up well by audience across the country and the film is
breaking records in Hindi circuits as well and he nods in
agreement.

"That's exactly my point of view," he says, "If a film is
good, it will do well even if it does not have a
conventional title to it. The word Drishyam has such a
strong meaning and relevance to the story. We didn't want
to touch it."

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-sanskrit-is-the-lucky-mascot-for-ajay-devgn-2108558

More at:

Daily News & Analysis
http://www.dnaindia.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj

o o o

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used
for the educational purposes of research and open
discussion. The contents of this post may not have been
authored by, and do not necessarily represent the opinion
of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright
law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

o Posted for information and discussion. Views
expressed by others are not necessarily those of the
poster who may or may not have read the article.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted
material the use of which may or may not have been
specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This
material is being made available in efforts to advance
the understanding of environmental, political, human
rights, economic, democratic, scientific, social, and
cultural, etc., issues. It is believed that this
constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material
as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the
material on this site is distributed without profit to
the included information for research, comment,
discussion and educational purposes by subscribing to
USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
information go to:

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article
for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you
must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed by forgery by one
or more net terrorists, this post may be reposted several
times.