OVER 100 HINDU RELIGIOUS HEADS TO MEET IN HYDERABAD THIS WEEK - HINDU DHARM ACHARYA SABHA *** Jai Maharaj posts

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 7, 2010, 11:37:41 PM1/7/10
Forwarded message from S. Venkat

Over 100 Hindu Religious Heads to meet in Hyderabad this Week

Hindu Bharm Acharya Sabha represents the collective leadership of
Hindu religion. This Acharya Sabha was formed six years ago at its
first meeting in Chennai on November 29, 30 and December 1, 2003. Two
more meetings have taken place since, in October 2005 at Mumbai and
another in February 2008 at Bangalore. These meetings were well
attended by Mathadhipathis, Dharmacharyas, MahaMandaleshwars,
Adheenams and heads various sampradayas comprising the Sanatan Dharm.
The decisions arrived at by the Acharya Sabha are therefore binding
on Hindu Society and should also be acted upon by the Government as
the will of the Hindu community. The Acharya Sabha is meeting for the
4th time at Hyderabad from 9th through 11th January 2010.

Announcing the dates for the meeting, the Convener of Acharya Sabha,
H.H. Swami Dayanand Saraswathi said "We have made significant
progress in our first three meetings. There has been total
convergence of minds amongst all the Acharyas. We now have clarity
and the will to pursue on our declarations of the past. The Acharya
Sabha has been recognized as the face of Hindu Society by the entire
world and that is a very good starting point". Elaborating further he
said that, as the Convener of Acharya Sabha, he was invited to the UN
Universal Declation of Human Rights on 10th December 2008 at The
Hague, The Netherlands. There, at the Conference he was able to have
a declaration passed that it would be a serous Human Rights violation
if one interferes with the individual's "freedom to have, to retain
and to adopt a religion or belief of one's personal choice without
coercion or inducement". The Acharya Sabha considers this "2008 Faith
in Human Rights Statement" signed by all religious leaders as a major
success for the Hindu Community at large, which has been at the
receiving end of conversions for decades now.

Earlier in February 2008, Swami Dayanand Saraswathi represented the
Hindus as the Convener of the Acharya Sabha in the Second Jewish-
Hindu Leadership Summit. A joint declaration issued then reiterated
that One Supreme Being, both in it's formless and manifest aspects,
has been worshipped by Hindus over the millennia. And different idols
of Gods in Hinduism are merely the form or manifestation of One
Reality, but in substance, the Hindus accept only One Reality. The
joint declaration therefore was to respect the practices that define
the religious identity of the Hindu community and condemn all
activities that undermine their sanctity.

Swami Dayanand Saraswathi said "The Religious Heads of various
Communities are very vocal in their recognition that Hindu religion
is sacred and very ancient. But we still have a long way to go in
getting our rights back as a majority religion in India. It is quite
insulting to feel sometimes as second-class citizens in our own
motherland".

The Acharya Sabha meet in Hyderabad will therefore address the way
forward on the issues that are on top of every Hindu's mind.

1. How to attain the Right to Religion which is consistent with the
"UN 2008 Faith in Human Rights Resolution." Clearly conversion based
on derogatory statements about Hinduism or coercion or inducement
will have to be stopped by strong amendment in our laws.

2. Government control on Hindu places of worships must yield to
autonomous bodies, run by religious minded people. There should be no
role for the secular Government in running of our temples.

3. Hindus should not feel deprived and aggrieved because they
constitute the majority community. All human rights must be equal
irrespective of caste, creed or religion and as prescribed in the
directive principle of our Constitution. The Acharya Sabha will work
for a Common Civil Code, as is the case with our Common Criminal
Procedure Code.

4. The cow is very sacred to all Hindus and cow slaughter is banned
in our Constitution. Despite this, our law is not uniform and some
States continue to allow it. The Acharya Sabha would seek a clear-cut
ban on such practices.

More than 100 Peethadipathis, Matadhipathis and Mahamandaleswars will
sit together at Image Gardens, Opposite to Hitech City at Madhapur,
Hyderabad to discuss the above issues and other related ones. This is
expected to be the largest gathering of all Dharm Acharyas of the
Country concerning all Hindu Sampradayas.

N.V.S.S. Prabakar
Core Committee Member
Cell: 09848020413, 09949722699

End of forwarded article from S. Venkat

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

hari....@indero.com

Jan 8, 2010, 9:31:15 AM1/8/10
"Hague, The Netherlands. There, at the Conference he was able to have
a declaration passed that it would be a serous Human Rights violation
if one interferes with the individual's "freedom to have, to retain
and to adopt a religion or belief of one's personal choice without
coercion or inducement". The Acharya Sabha considers this "2008 Faith
in Human Rights Statement" signed by all religious leaders as a major
success for the Hindu Community at large, which has been at the
receiving end of conversions for decades now.
"

Ah, then this fellow danms the kind of activity of "reconversion" posted
recently as a violation of those rights of individual choice?

As saying no to "coercion or inducement" of making tribals into
something othr then what they had chosen?

Joining in seeing that activity as illegal under the laws applying to
such things?