Once upon a time in Mumbai-English subtitles

hab...@anony.net

Jul 31, 2010, 6:32:14 PM7/31/10
Great movie with wonderful urdu dialogues eg
If I love today's work for tomorrow , then tomorrow will get mad with
me.
Story of Islamic dons like Daoud who have created so much terror in
Mumbai. Pakistan clames not to indulge in terrorism but it has the
madrasas which produced suicide bombers and wont shut them down or
alter their curriculums.
Annoying that in almost every frame there is somebody smoking . The
Indian govt needs to ban smoking on movies unless its for a short clip
as Bollywood nahi sudrega. Great music as well.

hab...@anony.net

Jul 31, 2010, 6:38:49 PM7/31/10

hab...@anony.net

Aug 2, 2010, 7:43:12 PM8/2/10
One confusing thing is that Ajay appears to have dubbed for himself
and the main Police officer

MichaelW

Aug 3, 2010, 12:37:42 AM8/3/10
I am afraid these god awfull songs that keep interupting Indian films will
always prevent me from watching them. In my view they interupt the action
and the flow of the story.

--
http://www.booksie.com/michael_wynn (my humble self)
www.TheEnglishCollection.com

<hab...@anony.net> skrev i melding

hab...@anony.net

Aug 3, 2010, 6:29:29 PM8/3/10
Funnly there are always a few people who walk out when the songs
come on ! , and that is the best part of the movie.
The women wearing eye catching dresses , erotic movements..sheer
heaven. I can watch a Bollywood movie twice and they are 150mins long
but fall asleep in a 90min Hollywood movie as they dont have these fun
breaks.

MichaelW

Aug 3, 2010, 11:29:17 PM8/3/10
So it's like a comercial break, when you go to the toilet or get something
in the kitchen. Maybe Indians don't have the attention span of western
audiences, but that would be strange since they (you?) are such a clever
people.

But, it also matters what genre of movie it is. If it is a comedy, then i
can forgive the songs. But, if it hardboiled action flick or an epic drama
about the ruthlessness of the british empire, then i don't want the
characters to suddenly stop acting, look directly into the camera and start
dancing. Who can be afraid of a dancing villain?

<hab...@anony.net> skrev i melding

Richard Brooks

Aug 4, 2010, 2:43:33 AM8/4/10
MichaelW said the following on 04/08/2010 04:29:

> So it's like a comercial break, when you go to the toilet or get
> something in the kitchen. Maybe Indians don't have the attention span of
> western audiences, but that would be strange since they (you?) are such
> a clever people.

I'd go for the reverse of that if films like K3G come in at 3 and 3/4
hours long whereas Speilberg said he had to remove the all important
first 24 minutes of character establishment of the main character in
Close Encounters because American audiences couldn't take anything
longer than 1 and a 1/2 hours long. The missing minutes certainly
establish why Terri Garr seems to fly off the handle.

Flasherly

Aug 4, 2010, 10:09:31 AM8/4/10

I know Ghandi wasn't much on untouchables, but something about all
that jiggling "allure" harkens, as well, to a close-knit Indian
hegemony which disseminates specific culturally established values as
a prerequisite to evocative notions within such overtures romantic
inklings advance. If I'm wrong, sahib, please accept a humble these
heartfelt extensions I send from my heart for any distress I may have
incurred. Do forgive me;- if not, perhaps your sister, my friend,
shouldn't take umbrage were I to propose she dance for me?

So we get off on the right foot and I make myself perfectly
understood, I can watch Chinese and Indian women that dance, together
comparing what seems indulgent in any sense that Chinese woman should
preoccupy a greater bias I feel ought be extendible to slight
differences a nose, its breadth and setting poses, for instances,
characterizes for genetic dispensation beauty, of course, universally
surmounts.