SOME CONTRIBUTIONS OF HINDUS TO THE HUMAN CIVILIZATION

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 6, 2010, 9:32:49 PM2/6/10
Some interesting facts about India!

May 28, 2007

There are some important facts about India with which you may or may
not be aware of. These facts were recently published in one of the
German magazines which deals with world history. They are as follows:
India never invaded any country in her last 10,000 years of history.
India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.

The world's first university was established in Takshshila. More than
10,500 students from all over the world studied over 60 subjects. The
University of Nalanda, built in the 4th century CE, was one of the
greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.

Sanskrit is the mother of all European languages. It is the most
suitable language for computer software - a report in Forbes magazine,
July 1987. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to
humans. Charaka, the father of medicine, consolidated Ayurveda 2,500
years ago. Today Ayurveda is fast regaining its rightful place in our
civilisation. Although modern images of India often show poverty and
lack of development, India was the richest country on earth until the
time of British in the early 17th century. Christopher Columbus was
attracted by her wealth. The art of navigation was born in the river
Sindh 6,000 years ago. The very word navigation is derived from the
Sanskrit word navgatih. The word navy is also derived from Sanskrit
word nou.

Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the
sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart. Time taken by
earth to orbit the sun: (5th century) 365.258756484 days.

The value of "pi" was first calculated by Bodhayana, and he explained
the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He
discovered this in the 6th century long before the European
mathematicians Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India.
Quadratic equations were propounded by Sridharacharya in the 11th
century. The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106
whereas Hindus used numbers as big as 10**53 (10 to the power of 53)
with specific names as early as 5000 BC during the Vedic period. Even
today in modern times, the largest used number is Tera: 10**12 (10 to
the power of 12).

According to the Gemologi-cal Institute of America, up until 1896,
India was the only source for diamonds to the world. USA based IEEE
has proved what has been a century old suspicion in the world
scientific community that the pioneer of wireless communication was
Prof. Jagdish Bose and not Marconi.

The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in
Saurashtra. According to Saka King Rudradaman I of 150 CE a beautiful
lake aptly called 'Sudarshana' was constructed on the hills of
Raivataka during Chandragupta Maurya's time.

Chess (Shataranja or Ashtapada) was invented in India. Sushruta is
the father of surgery. Around 2,600 years ago he and health
scientists of his time conducted complicated surgeries like
cesareans, cataract, artificial limbs, fractures, urinary tones and
even plastic surgery and brain surgery. Usage of anesthesia was well
known in ancient India. Over 125 surgical equipments were used. Deep
knowledge of anatomy, physiology, etiology, embryology, digestion,
metabolism, genetics and immunity is also found in many texts.

When many cultures were nomadic, forest dwellers, over 5,000 years
ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus
Valley Civilization). The place value and decimal systems were
developed in India in 100 BC.

Due to its achievements India has been praised by a large number of
renowned foreign personalities. Albert Einstein said: "We owe a lot
to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no
worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made." Mark Twain
said: "India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human
speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the
great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most
instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India
only." French scholar Romain Rolland said: "If there is one place on
the face of earth where all the dreams of living men have found a
home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of
existence, it is India." Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA
said: "India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20
centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her
border."

Source: Organiser

More at:
http://www.hindujagruti.org/news/article/articles/other-authors/some-interesting-facts-about-india.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

uNmaiviLambi

Feb 6, 2010, 9:47:17 PM2/6/10
On Feb 6, 9:32 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.

Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> Some interesting facts about India!

Thanks. Now you will get replies from a bunch of Anti-Hindus who
actually hate India. They will say Hindus are filth, India achieved
zilch and you ignore their long list of problems they noticed in our
country! They work hard to make slaves of us. They serve their foreign
masters so faithfully. They use deception, rhetoric, time wasting
tactics, abuse and even blackmail!

Please post more!

Jai Hind

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 6, 2010, 10:04:58 PM2/6/10
In article <b38c324f-5ffa-40c8...@f5g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
uNmaiviLambi <tripur...@yahoo.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > Some interesting facts about India!

> Thanks. Now you will get replies from a bunch of Anti-Hindus who
> actually hate India. They will say Hindus are filth, India achieved
> zilch and you ignore their long list of problems they noticed in our
> country! They work hard to make slaves of us. They serve their foreign
> masters so faithfully. They use deception, rhetoric, time wasting
> tactics, abuse and even blackmail!
>
> Please post more!
>
> Jai Hind

You are welcome. Perhaps your preemptive comments will discourage enemies
of Hindus from posting their falsehood-based venom.

Certainly, I will post more articles about our wonderful Hindu world.

kangarooistan

Feb 6, 2010, 10:40:19 PM2/6/10
On Feb 7, 12:32 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
> More at:http://www.hindujagruti.org/news/article/articles/other-authors/some-...

> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

Anybody looking at the facts of ancient history can soon see the
Indian technology was several thousands of years AHEAD of so called
western world , until Christians and jews turned up to SAVE you , why
do some Indians cling to western masters and attack Muslims when the
Muslims permitted hindu culture to survive often amazes me , but Im no
scholar in the region and I suspect its best left to those who know
the topic

There is no doubt the peoples from the IVC , played a very big role in
many fields

Pity its not better known , but as most history was written in
english , by whites for whites often it only whites version that is
permitted to go UNCHALLENGED
They claim to be right as is SAYS so in their version of history

Then refuse to even bother with ANYTHING not in THEIR version of
history as being of any value at all , AND its definitely WRONG if it
differs from THEIR version as recorded by WHITE experts it MUST be
wrong as they have PROOF in THEIR BOOKS

EXACTLY like the jews are doing in Palestine

DESTROY all evidence of all other civilizations and alters everything
until it MATCHES the jewish version , poor silly fools, every
archaeologist KNOWS the jews were NEVER more that a few crazed nutters
in a cave until recent centuries , jewish mythology at any cost to
anybody else history , they manufactured then re manufactured and
altered and JAILED ANYBODY who questions their version of history
banning ANY books that DARE question the jewish version and screwing
ANY politician who wont obey ORDERS from Israel theirs and buried
others exactly like the whites did all around the world for centuries
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indus_Valley_Civilization

Clearly the IVC must have been involved in the vast mining activity
seen in South australia several thousand years ago , as they led the
world in metallurgy in that period , when VAST amounts of TIN were
extracted from the Lower Murray mouth / now lakes Alexandria and
Albert and Coorong

see Arindam Banerjees notes from his short visit
http://adda-enterprises.com/peramangk/goldmine.htm

Dear Malcolm,
Finished it at last! You should get a view if you click the link
above.
Let me know if you have any issues, or want any change to the above.
Then think what you want to do with it! Maybe some Middle East media
will be interested?
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
seems they stopped visiting about 2000 odd years ago after several
thousand years of mining activity

Seems they were mostly traders, after TIN and gold and sandalwood and
resins / incenses, and South Australia was on the far end of there
vast trading routes with Egypt on the other end its very clear the
vast IVC cultures MUST have been involved , the IVC being half way
between the mines and the consumers in the then middle east markets ,
and IVC were world leaders in metallurgy for thousands of years
.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indus_Valley_Civilization#Trade_and_transportation
There was an extensive maritime trade network operating between the
Harappan and Mesopotamian civilizations as early as the middle
Harappan Phase, with much commerce being handled by "middlemen
merchants from Dilmun" (modern Bahrain and Failaka located in the
Persian Gulf).[43] Such long-distance sea trade became feasible with
the innovative development of plank-built watercraft, equipped with a
single central mast supporting a sail of woven rushes or cloth.
.
In South Australia , You can still see the cut sq 'red / pink"
sandstone blocks they used as ballast on the inward bound voyages ,
in and near the ancient mine sites , used to keep ocean going vessels
lower in the water , once ships loaded with TIN they off loaded the
ballast stone often leaving it for use by the people who supplied the
TIN / gold , possibly part of the TRADE price ? , that was then used
by early settlers near the south Australian mine sites , thousands of
tons of it can STILL be seen in old buildings built in the first few
years of white settlement , , stone near salt water disintegrated long
ago but inland it was buried and protected , clearly from some place
LONG LONG ago , Arindam said it looks like the stuff used in IVC
culture as do Egyptian visitors , clearly it is "waste grade left
overs" from temple construction , or recycling even older building
sites from 3000 years ago ,
Arindams PICS here
http://adda-enterprises.com/peramangk/goldmine.htm

Hunter

Feb 7, 2010, 2:18:46 AM2/7/10
kangarooistan wrote:
> On Feb 7, 12:32 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
>>
>> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
>> Om Shanti
>
> Anybody looking at the facts of ancient history can soon see the
> Indian technology was several thousands of years AHEAD of so called
> western world , until Christians and jews turned up to SAVE you , why
> do some Indians cling to western masters and attack Muslims

Hahahaha you truly are an idiot kanga, you do realise that doc jai here
is one of the greatest culprits when it comes to promoting hatred of
Muslims? Nothing to do with "western masters" as he hates Westerners as
much as he hates Muslims. You two are perfect for each other, you're
both deluded hate-filled fuckheads...... Funny to watch you licking his
crotch though considering his total hatred of all things Islamic, makes
you look pretty fucking stupid.

kangarooistan

Feb 7, 2010, 4:27:43 AM2/7/10

Do uou think I should NOT talk with people who dont AGREE with me on
everything

gollty mate , should I ask what religion he is BEFORE I reply ????

HOW can we TEST the strength of our theories if we DONT put them on
the table

i can go on moderated groups where EVERYBODY agrees with me if Im
interested or unsure of my ability to debate the BIG issues

NOBODY agrees with kanga on every thing , the BEST new ideas can be
LEARNED from speaking with people outside your inner circle

The white colonial period was the most DESTRUCTIVE era in all mankinds
history

By the time its over half of all humanity will be DEAD, if we continue
on the same path , EVERYBODY can see the white christian and jewish
empires are DYING before our very eyes

We need to share IDEAS to start REBUILDING once they keel over

We must identify the REAL terrorists so we can end the WARS mate

THEN we can start rebuilding

kanga

Checkout the docos is ya like ancient Egypt mate looks like some great
TV in Aussie land

kanga likes Indians mate , I named one of my own sons Mohandas after a
Hindu man [ Gandhi } yes Im a Muslim , and Leonardo after the great
inventor ,

MUSLIMS always honour brilliance , always have

Even the great SALADIN was not arabic nor turk or persian , GOD
gives brains out to every people

SMART PEOPLES worked that out long ago ,muslims always accepted this
fact every people has its genius / gifted scholars , often holding
SENIOR positions in every muslim society you see non muslims

Send to a friend
http://www.sbs.com.au/schedule/SBSONE/2010-02-07/SBS%20Adelaide
#

Singapore Subway - The new metro line, the longest in the world, in
Singapore, and French expatriates living in Singapore; and Tasmanian
Success Story - The story of Robert Clifford, Tasmania's most
successful ever shipbuilder. Presented by Silvio Rivier. (From France
in French and English, English subtitles and renarration) (Documentary
Series) G CC WS
# 6:30

World News Australia
Send to a friend
#

Up-to-date reports and analysis of the major national and
international news stories of the day in Australia's only world news
service. (An SBS Production) CC WS
# 7:35

The Pharaoh's Lost City
Send to a friend
http://www.sbs.com.au/schedule/SBSONE/2010-02-07/SBS%20Adelaide
#

Lost Worlds - Archaeologists in the central Egyptian desert have made
an extraordinary find: an ancient cemetery where 1,000 people from the
Pharaoh's lost capital of Amarna are buried. This program looks at why
this great city only survived one generation before mysteriously
vanishing from history. (From the UK in English) (Documentary) CC WS
# 8:30

Why Can't We Predict Earthquakes?
Send to a friend
#

Asks why hasn't science worked out how to predict when and where the
next big quake is going to happen and tells the story of the men and
women who chase earthquakes and try to understand this mysterious
force of nature. (From the UK in English and Mandarin, English
subtitles) (Documentary) CC WS
# 9:30

China's Capitalist Revolution
Send to a friend
http://www.sbs.com.au/schedule/SBSONE/2010-02-07/SBS%20Adelaide
#

Twenty years on from the massacre at Tiananmen Square this series
attempts to answer why capitalism contributed heavily to the tragic
events of that day, revealing an interpretation of the motives of the
demonstrators that may well overturn the conventional view in the
West. (From the UK, in English and Mandarin, English subtitles)
(Documentary Series) (Final) CC WS

Hunter

Feb 7, 2010, 5:50:04 AM2/7/10
kangarooistan wrote:
> On Feb 7, 5:18 pm, Hunter <hunte...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> kangarooistan wrote:
>>> On Feb 7, 12:32 pm, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr.
>>> Anybody looking at the facts of ancient history can soon see the
>>> Indian technology was several thousands of years AHEAD of so called
>>> western world , until Christians and jews turned up to SAVE you , why
>>> do some Indians cling to western masters and attack Muslims
>> Hahahaha you truly are an idiot kanga, you do realise that doc jai here
>> is one of the greatest culprits when it comes to promoting hatred of
>> Muslims? Nothing to do with "western masters" as he hates Westerners as
>> much as he hates Muslims. You two are perfect for each other, you're
>> both deluded hate-filled fuckheads...... Funny to watch you licking his
>> crotch though considering his total hatred of all things Islamic, makes
>> you look pretty fucking stupid.
>
> Do uou think I should NOT talk with people who dont AGREE with me on
> everything

Not at all, but rather than stick your foot in your mouth and exposing
your own stupidity, ignorance and bigotry by assuming the only Hindu
that attacks Muslims has "Western masters" you might want to scrape the
shit out of your ears and eyes and have a better look at what's going
on. His particular ilk hate everyone except Hindu Indians, and that
means ESPECIALLY Muslims, but also includes Westerners, Christians and a
lot more. I've had many arguments with these fuckwits defending both
Muslims and Christians from their vile attacks of hatred.

The average Indian is a good sort, but doc jai and his pals are
hate-filled lunatics. Just like you are. Only your unreasoning fuckwit
hatred seems to be reserved for whites and Christians, theirs is for
EVERYTHING EXCEPT Indian Hindus.

harmony

Feb 8, 2010, 6:46:26 PM2/8/10
the oz was a hindu country in old old times - with no crime rate, and
foreigners felt loved and welcome. how times change!

<use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
message news:20100206ONi0Pfy6cykYVgSlxdQH5RJ@XWyNK...

hari....@indero.com

Feb 8, 2010, 7:09:22 PM2/8/10
"the oz was a hindu country in old old times - with no crime rate, and
foreigners felt loved and welcome. how times change!"

Oh no, oz was where dorathy and her little dog todo went to dance with
the tin man and cowardly lion. Once she killed the wicked witch it
became a much better place.

But wait, there were flying monkies there weren't there?

harmony

Feb 8, 2010, 7:44:33 PM2/8/10
hunter is badly in need of learning hindi and acquiring a caste.

<use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
message news:20100206ONi0Pfy6cykYVgSlxdQH5RJ@XWyNK...

M. Ranjit Mathews

Feb 9, 2010, 9:46:05 AM2/9/10
On Feb 6, 9:47 pm, uNmaiviLambi <tripurant...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Feb 6, 9:32 pm, use...@mantra.com and/orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> > Some interesting facts about India!
> Thanks. Now you will get replies from a bunch of Anti-Hindus who
> actually hate India. They will say Hindus are filth, India achieved
> zilch

The subject title says "contributions to human civilization" but the
body is a bunch of achievements. He doesn't give any data showing that
these achievements were contributed to human civilization (i.e., the
world as a whole). For example, supposing that Indians did discover pi
as JM claims, did Indians also teach the value of pi to the whole
world or did they leave the rest of the world in ignorance of pi till
they discovered pi independently.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 9, 2010, 3:27:36 PM2/9/10
I'd teach Hindi to him, being a native speaker of the language, but
he would first need to retract each and every attack he has made
against Hindus and Bharatiya people. His actions determine his
functional varn(n).

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

In article <4b70aff2$0$12431$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> hunter is badly in need of learning hindi and acquiring a caste.

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 9, 2010, 3:33:56 PM2/9/10
The world community must act against Australia quickly to contain the
racists there, otherwise Australia may find itself the target of
sanctions similar to those against Iran and North Korea.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

In article <4b70a253$0$12424$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> the oz was a hindu country in old old times - with no crime rate, and
> foreigners felt loved and welcome. how times change!

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

Hunter

Feb 9, 2010, 5:03:43 AM2/9/10
harmony wrote:
> hunter is badly in need of learning hindi and acquiring a caste.

Nah, I'll leave the bigotry to you experts. By the way, has your child
shop in Goa been shut down yet? Or does the government still give you
blind eye support?

Hunter

Feb 11, 2010, 7:06:52 PM2/11/10
Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> I'd teach Hindi to him

No you wouldn't. If I was interested in learning Hindi, I'd find an
Indian to teach me, not a stateless parasite toe-rag like yourself or
your boyfriend harmony.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 11, 2010, 7:36:16 PM2/11/10
In article <hl27as$vc1$8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Hunter <hunt...@iinet.net.au> posted:

I am a Bharatiya, born in U.P., and a native Hindi speaker. But with the
attitude you are displaying, I doubt if any native Hindi speaker will
teach you the language.

hari....@indero.com

Feb 12, 2010, 10:18:50 AM2/12/10
"I am a Bharatiya, born in U.P., and a native Hindi speaker. But with
the attitude you are displaying, I doubt if any native Hindi speaker
will teach you the language."

Oh dear, jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. we fear you protest too much.

There is that small item of the outstanding invitation, to now refused,
for you to accept a call from a real indian to test your language
claims.

All other claims need not be tested if the predicted outcome is found.

Hunter

Feb 12, 2010, 5:41:06 AM2/12/10
Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> In article <hl27as$vc1$8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Hunter <hunt...@iinet.net.au> posted:
>
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>>> I'd teach Hindi to him
>
>> No you wouldn't. If I was interested in learning Hindi, I'd find an
>> Indian to teach me, not a stateless parasite toe-rag like yourself or
>> your boyfriend harmony.
>
> I am a Bharatiya, born in U.P.

No, you're a yank living in Hawaii, where you first crapped is irrelevant.

Hunter

Feb 12, 2010, 7:38:42 PM2/12/10

He's a yank playing at being Indian, this has been confirmed numerous
times in the past. The yanks don't want him, India doesn't want him,
must suck to be him. I'm surprised he hasn't done the smart thing and
shot himself in the head yet.