Re: Who was the real Zubeidaa?

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Mar 21, 2011, 12:47:59 PM3/21/11
In article <c85d6eef-0ef9-44c2...@17g2000prr.googlegroups.com>,
Mirza Ghalib <mgha...@yahoo.com> posted:

> The movie Zubeidaa (2001) starring Karisma Kapoor was an
> extremely sensous movie, with superb music. The dialogues
> were written by Javed Akhtar in ctisp Urdu/Hindi. It is a must see.
>
> The real Zubeida was a historical character, whose son Khalid
> Mohammed wrote the story for the movie. The real Zubeida,
> however, had a happy life till the end, whereas the movie
> ends in a tragedy.
>
> She was born in 1911, and died in Bombay in 1988 (or 1990?).
> After marrying the prince of Jodhpur she converted to Hinduism,
> and added the last name "Dhanrajgir". The family had several
> children.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubeida

"... she converted to Hinduism,..."

That is a good thing.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Mirza Ghalib

Mar 21, 2011, 6:49:17 PM3/21/11
On Mar 21, 9:47 am, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> In article <c85d6eef-0ef9-44c2-9388-fdb4d1cbb...@17g2000prr.googlegroups.com>,
>  Mirza Ghalib <mghali...@yahoo.com> posted:

You will find more on this Times of India article.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/70458.cms

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Mar 21, 2011, 6:56:36 PM3/21/11
In article <6467df3d-29f6-4904...@q40g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
Mirza Ghalib <mgha...@yahoo.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > In article <c85d6eef-0ef9-44c2-9388-fdb4d1cbb...@17g2000prr.googlegroups.com>,
> > =A0Mirza Ghalib <mghali...@yahoo.com> posted:

> > > The movie Zubeidaa (2001) starring Karisma Kapoor was an
> > > extremely sensous movie, with superb music. The dialogues
> > > were written by Javed Akhtar in ctisp Urdu/Hindi. It is a must see.
> >
> > > The real Zubeida was a historical character, whose son Khalid
> > > Mohammed wrote the story for the movie. The real Zubeida,
> > > however, had a happy life till the end, whereas the movie
> > > ends in a tragedy.
> >
> > > She was born in 1911, and died in Bombay in 1988 (or 1990?).
> > > After marrying the prince of Jodhpur she converted to Hinduism,
> > > and added the last name "Dhanrajgir". The family had several
> > > children.
> >
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubeida
> >
> > "... she converted to Hinduism,..."
> >
> > That is a good thing.
> >
> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > Om Shanti
>
> You will find more on this Times of India article.
>
> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/70458.cms

Appreciate it.

Interesting comment below the article:

"It is utter disrespect by the erstwhile roal family to insult
departed soul of couple.I am from Jodhpur and we all know there about
the marriage of Maharaj to Zubeida and their son Hukum Singh.Why was
he named Hukum Singh, is beacuse Hanuwant Singh had said he will
follow my Hukum so Hukum Singh."

- Amit (India)
05 Jun, 2010 12:51 PM