MANY YOUNG GIRLS RAPED IN THIS CHRISTIAN CHURCH, NOW SUED FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 29, 2010, 5:11:35 PM1/29/10
Sisters suing Catholic Church

Women say priest abused them, seek $1.7m each

By Brian Medel Yarmouth Bureau
The Chronicle-Herald
Friday, January 29, 2010

[Margaret Deveau, left, was sexually assaulted in the 1960s by a
parish priest, who admited his guilt in 1993. Her sister Jeanne
Doucette alleges she was assaulted by the same priest.(Brian Medel -
Yarmouth Bureau)]

Yarmouth - Two sisters originally from the tiny community of St.
Alphonse, Digby County, are suing the Roman Catholic Church for $1.7
million each.

In documents filed in Nova Scotia Supreme Court, they allege they
were sexually abused as young children by their parish priest, the
late Rev. Edward Theriault.

Jeanne Doucette, 48, and Margaret Deveau, 55, now live in Yarmouth
County. They have filed civil lawsuits against the Archdiocese of
Halifax and the Diocese of Yarmouth, claiming general and special
damages.

The priest was convicted in a 1993 criminal case of sexually
assaulting Margaret Deveau in her own home between 1962 and 1969.
Father Theriault, then 67, admitted his misconduct in Nova Scotia
provincial court.

"I'm sorry for hurting the church, sorry for hurting the victim,
sorry for hurting the family that I tried to help while I was their
pastor," he said at the time.

Father Theriault was placed on probation for two years. He was also
ordered to pay a $10 victim fine surcharge and perform 500 hours of
community service.

On Thursday, Margaret Deveau said she wants to make the Roman
Catholic Church accountable for the suffering and abuse perpetrated
by its priests.

"Just from when we grew up and knew what was happening then, I know
there's many others," she said, referring to the possibility there
are other victims of Father Theriault.

"But it's really hard for people to come out."

Ms. Deveau confronted Father Theriault before the 1993 criminal case
and he denied any wrongdoing.

"I wasn't ready for that," she said. "He just said, 'no, well that's
not true. That didn't happen.' "

But she confronted him again and he admitted it.

Father Theriault was also charged in 1993 with assaulting Ms.
Doucette. She allowed the charge to be withdrawn when Father
Theriault agreed to plead guilty to assaulting her older sister.

"I've regretted it every single day since," Ms. Doucette said
Thursday.

She also confronted Father Theriault about his abuse, begun when she
was three years old.

"I remember one of the times that we did confront him, he looked at
me and he said, 'you were so cute,' " she recalled. "That . . .
really, really upset me. I guess I was just speechless."

The sisters said they want other victims of Father Theriault to come
forward to start their healing.

"I deal with it every day . . . what's happened to us. You never get
over it," said Ms. Doucette

Father Theriault also served Catholic parishes in Salmon River,
Wedgeport and Shelburne. He died in 2008.

The Roman Catholic Church had little to say Thursday about the new
lawsuit.

"That material has been received by our lawyers. It is a civil suit
so we don't have any particular comment that we can make," said
Marilyn Sweet, spokeswoman for the Archdiocese of Halifax.

"We will certainly be attending to it and continue to be very
concerned about all issues (surrounding) sexual abuse and children,"
she said Thursday.

The church will have time to file a defence. The typical 20-day
deadline will likely be extended, said a lawyer from the firm
representing the sisters.

"Usually in cases that are this old, with priests that (are)
deceased, there's a general understanding that that deadline is a
soft deadline," Aaron Lealess, a lawyer with the London, Ont. law
firm Ledroit Beckett, said Thursday.

"It'll likely be a couple months before we receive statements of
defence."

By coming forward now, the sisters hope to get some emotional healing
and reach out to others who have been abused, said Mr. Lealess.

Two other women alleging to also have been victimized by Father
Theriault have also contact the law firm, he said.

More at:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/NovaScotia/1164754.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

Warren Smith

Jan 29, 2010, 5:51:26 PM1/29/10

<use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
message news:20100129N9H8Z2unP6E8hZGkoWFNJSs@XpL3J...

Sometimes I think it would be a good idea to close all churches and turn
them all into pubs. Then I'd only have to walk across the street to have a
beer, instead of having to drive 8 klms there and back to get pissed.

Warren Smith
3/33 Acorn Cresent
Maitland NSW
Australia
warren...@aol.com.au

kangarooistan

Jan 29, 2010, 6:04:07 PM1/29/10
On Jan 30, 8:11 am, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.

In Australia the christians ae mainly into little boys actually

the entire child welfare INDUSTRY courts and legal system , is
designed to harvest and maintain a steady supply of fresh faced little
boys for the ruling elites to enjoy , then kill them off in wars for
israel , before they are old enough to sue the pedophiles who run the
country

thats WHY Islam must eventually take control of the country to save
the babies from the christians and jews

kanga
-=====

P. Rajah

Jan 29, 2010, 7:00:57 PM1/29/10
Pakistan's wall of silence on child abuse

Some in the North West Frontier Province see sexual abuse as normal

By Richard Galpin in Pakistan

A new report on attitudes to child sex abuse in Pakistan's North-West
Frontier Province paints a horrifying picture of widespread abuse.

The report shows that many of the population believe that the sexual
abuse of young boys is a matter of pride.

Richard Galpin reports on the horrifying tales of sexual abuse and what
is being done
The United Nations is shortly to publish the first nation-wide survey on
child sex-abuse in Pakistan - an acutely sensitive subject in this
deeply conservative Islamic country.

The first indications of the scale of the problem have been revealed in
this early report from North-West Frontier Province.

It shows that one third of those who took part in the survey did not
even believe that child sexual abuse was a bad thing - let alone a crime.

The UN believes the sexual abuse of young children is widespread in some
areas of the country but that until now it has been hidden behind a wall
of silence.

In Pakistan much of the population lives in squalid slums where children
are forced to play their part in the day to day survival of the family.
That means working in places such as the notorious Pirwadhai bus station
in Rawalpindi.

[ image: Poor children need to take every opportunity to make money on
the streets]
Poor children need to take every opportunity to make money on the streets
Here there are hundreds of young boys at work in the grimy workshops and
sleazy hotels on which the bus station's reputation is based. For this
is a centre of child sexual abuse.

One boy told me that local hotels encouraged the trade: "The
hotel-owners employ children who are used to attract customers. The
customers are then told what kind of services are provided and that they
can do what they want with the children. The hotels here are very well
known for these services. And it's good money for us."

Their clients are men from all backgrounds - travelling from one part of
the country to another - thus freed from the constraints of life at home
in this conservative society. With girls mostly kept at home - they prey
on these working boys who are extremely vulnerable to abuse.

Although at present there is little data on child sexual abuse in
Pakistan, experts such as the clinical psychologist, Kamran Ahmad,
believe it is widespread:

"There is a lot of repression of sexuality so what happens is that is
shows up in unhealthy forms. You rarely find healthy expressions of
sexuality in everyday life so sexual abuse becomes very common"

For the victims it is a terrifying ordeal. A boy told us how he had been
raped when he was just 7 years old. He said the men in his village were
like dogs - 'they would eat you like a dog' he said. 'It was not safe
for any young fair-skinned boy to go out alone. It was a tradition to
molest boys'.

According to the report many people in Frontier Province are also well
aware that men in the area keep boys specifically for sex.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/248219.stm

harmony

Jan 29, 2010, 7:22:03 PM1/29/10

"Warren Smith" <warren...@aol.com.au> wrote in message

who would save you then? remember jesus loves you.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 29, 2010, 7:30:10 PM1/29/10
In article <4b637bad$0$12418$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> "Warren Smith" <warren...@aol.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

He sure does: the terrorist mission of Jesus stated in the Christian bible:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword.
"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the
daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in
law.
"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
- Matthew 10:34-36.

But then harmony ji was being sarcastic, surely.

Warren Smith

Jan 29, 2010, 9:15:17 PM1/29/10

"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I've already been saved and I know that Jesus loves me. So why do I need a
building and a bunch of pedaphiles living across the street from where I
live here in Maitland to tell me?