A CALL TO BE VEDIC, HINDU AMBASSADORS *** Jai Maharaj posts

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 12, 2010, 7:59:00 PM1/12/10
A Call to be Vedic Ambassadors

By Stephen Knapp
http://www.stephen-knapp.com

Now is the time when there is a growing need for what could be called
Vedic Ambassadors, those who can represent and show the benefits of
what the Vedic culture has to offer. In this age, when there is a
concern for preserving, protecting, and disseminating Vedic culture
and its vast knowledge on all aspects of life, there is a great need
for those who follow Sanatan-dharm or Hinduism to be Vedic
Ambassadors, or those who can fairly and accurately represent the
Dharm. As we see society entering various states of confusion and
anxiety over the circumstances that are happening all around the
planet, the need for deeper spiritual understanding is obvious. Thus,
there is a calling for Vedic Ambassadors who can assist in this way.
But how can we be Vedic Ambassadors? What are the requirements? To be
a Vedic Ambassador is very easy. However, there are a few things to
keep in mind to be one. First of all, to be an Ambassador of Vedic
culture, one must know the culture and realize how dynamic it remains
in its ability to assist humanity. Therefore, one must be educated in
understanding what it is and the reasons for the different avenues of
study it contains, such as in Ayurveda, Jyotish (Vedic astrology),
Vastu (the means of arranging the space of one's home or office), the
Vedic rituals and histories, and especially yoga and sadhana or
spiritual practice and philosophy. There are a growing number of
people in the West who are especially curious on the ways of making
more personal spiritual development, and they often look to the
Eastern philosophy for assistance. Thus, if you practice Hinduism or
an aspect of Vedic culture, then as a Vedic Ambassador you should
also be educated enough to assist others with proper advice when the
opportunity arises. You should be able to explain what Vedic culture
is and how it is a universal truth that anyone can utilize, and at
least a little about what that truth contains.

This leads to the next point on being a Vedic Ambassador. An
Ambassador for Vedic culture is also one who can show others how he
or she has benefited from Vedic culture, and what it has done for him
or her. All it takes is to share from your own personal experience
any of the ways that Vedic culture has improved or made a difference
in your own life, both materially or spiritually. Everyone likes a
story, so tell your story of how you started following the Vedic
tradition and some of your experiences along the way. This means to
show how the Vedic wisdom has assisted you in your search for truth,
search or connection with God, in finding your spiritual identity, or
to see the spiritual similarities we share with all other beings. Or
how Vedic culture has helped you in finding where you fit into this
universe and what is the aim of life. Or how it has helped improve
your moral standards and view of compassion for others. These are
just a few of the ways we can share the means by which following
Vedic culture has improved our existence or made a difference in our
approach to life. It does not take much to personally share with
those we may meet these aspects of what Vedic knowledge has done for
us.

The next step in being an Ambassador of Vedic culture is that you
should also assist those who are sincerely interested and want to
further their investigation of the Dharm. There will naturally be
some who will want to investigate Vedic culture for themselves,
especially after being impressed or convinced by what you have shared
with them about it. So, you should be able to share the Dharm with
them and empower them to begin following it. This may include various
ways of directing them so they can further their own education about
it or begin their own practice of it. This may be nothing more than
suggesting various books they may find useful or beneficial for them
to read, or which web sites may be good to visit. Or you may include
instructions on how they can find a temple so they can start
understanding the temple practice of Vedic sadhana. Or how to begin
their study of basic Vedic scriptures so they can increase their
understanding of what it has to offer and how to apply it in their
lives. Thus, they become empowered to continue their own practice of
it in a natural way.

The next step in being a Vedic Ambassador is to work together with
other Dharmic friends who share the same concern for protecting and
sharing the Dharm. This means to encourage others in their own
practice and understanding of the Dharmic culture, or even to accept
the idea of being a Vedic Ambassador. Then work together to develop a
network in which everyone shares with others a greater understanding
of what is actually Vedic culture and what it can do for society.
This does not mean that it becomes a plan for converting those who
may not be interested, but it is to assist society in the same way
that Vedic culture has always tried to guide humanity for a better
and improved understanding of life. This is also the way to help
establish an ideal global Dharmic family who share mutual respect for
all.

BEING A VEDIC AMBASSADOR

In this way, there is a need for what I call Vedic Ambassadors. This
is similar to the term Intellectual Kshatriyas, meaning those who are
strong enough to stand up for Vedic Dharm. Thus, in summary:

1) As Vedic Ambassadors we should be educated in our culture,

2) We show and share with others how it has improved our own lives,

3) We do not proselytize, but we are ready and willing to open our
doors to all community members to let them see what we have and even
how they may also participate,

4) Network with other Dharmists in these matters to devise plans to
further this work to protect and preserve the Dharm and disseminate
its benefits throughout society,

5) Defend ourselves against the ignorance or simple misunderstanding
of others,

6) Be pro-active both politically and socially. There are already
organizations that are working in such ways in which we can
participate.

7) We must also support our own community and its causes, and those
programs that support and defend our culture. After all, we are here
to pool our resources and channel them in a way for the upliftment of
all people as well as for the protection of our own culture, Vedic
Dharm.

8) We need to show the universal nature of the Vedic Dharm and how it
is based on universal spiritual truths that are applicable to anyone
from any background. It is such a dynamic culture that it is not only
for a few Hindus, but for the spiritual progress of all humanity.

Therefore, with the help of such simple yet bold Vedic Ambassadors
working together, the culture will not only remain strong but will
increase in its influence and the ways it can provide assistance to
all humanity, which was the reason why it was originally given to
society by the Supreme and passed along by the great Vedic rishis and
seers. By engaging ourselves in this way, we also enter the line of
great rishis by doing our part in assisting their endeavor to pass
along this knowledge and culture for the benefit of everyone.

We are a part of the hope for the future. We should have confidence
in what we can do because history has shown that we have already made
a difference. In this way, if we all become Vedic Ambassadors, then
you will see a great coalition that brings a bright future wherein
people respect all beings and all religions. You will see a freedom
for all individuals to develop according to the spiritual level most
suitable for him or her. At that time, we will see a spiritual and
cultural freedom like we have never known before. Then the universal
spiritual truths as found and presented in the Vedic tradition will
gain respect and be accepted by many more millions of people across
the planet. This could certainly change the course of history and
begin to manifest the spiritual dimension in this world.

More at:
http://www.stephen-knapp.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

harmony

Jan 13, 2010, 12:04:43 PM1/13/10
bjp now has a new chief. we should send this article to him so he will be
prepared, when bjp comes to power next time, to appoint vedic ambassadors
who would oversee the regular do-nothing ambassadors, specially in places
like saudi arabia which is badly need of good culture.
of course, so do daroowala kerala and strikes-r-us bengal.

<use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
message news:20100112S359sr6W0I2lIC3glWg74fl@VXnC4...

Benway (original non-Zionist)

Jan 13, 2010, 12:16:44 PM1/13/10

What is it to be a vedic ambassador? Is it possible?

Or is it a common phrase without great implications?

harmony

Jan 13, 2010, 12:55:04 PM1/13/10

"Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message

vedic ambassadors help understand people the overarching commonality of
their humanity on this unique, small and lonely planet in the vast infinite
univeverse.
most present dominant ideologies or religions with their institutions in
many parts of the world cause hatred of people with differing ones -
although none of them really have much reason for causing so much
pre-occupation with them.
all of this starts with taking a deep breath.
can you stand on your head and inhale?

Benway (original non-Zionist)

Jan 13, 2010, 1:26:16 PM1/13/10

I understood Vedic philosophy says that the
Universe is actually inside each individual,
and the idea of being an isignificant dot in
a vast indifferent universe is an illusion.

A loving God would create some creature
and then desert or abandon it to isolation?

Isn't the descent to illusory personhood
represented somewhat like this diagram?

BRAHMAN => PURUSHA => PRAKRITI => MAHAT => AHAMKARA => EGO

Where the person has simply forgotten its
identity with the Absolute (Brahman).

Brahman (the Absolute) dividing into Purusha (Spirit)
and Prakriti (illusory material nature or Maya)

(Subjectivity and Objective World - Observer and Observed)

harmony

Jan 13, 2010, 1:45:33 PM1/13/10

"Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message

hi benway, you are a smart, bright guy. all that is pretty deep. the doctor
(jai maharaj ji) will be in soon, i think, for more on this. in the mean
time i am taking deep breaths.

P. Rajah

Jan 13, 2010, 4:52:41 PM1/13/10
harmony aka pradipshithead parekh wrote:

> hi benway, you are a smart, bright guy. all that is pretty deep. the doctor
> (jai maharaj ji) will be in soon, i think, for more on this. in the mean
> time i am taking deep breaths.

Why, is Jay farting in your face again? Told you you need to detach
yourself from his ass......

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 13, 2010, 5:13:36 PM1/13/10
In article <edfc14d3-fc86-45eb...@d20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
"Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> posted:

> harmony wrote:
> > "Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message

> > > *********************************************
> > >
> > > What is it to be a vedic ambassador? Is it possible?
> > >
> > > Or is it a common phrase without great implications?
> > >
> > > *********************************************

> > vedic ambassadors help understand people the overarching commonality of
> > their humanity on this unique, small and lonely planet in the vast infinite
> > univeverse.
> > most present dominant ideologies or religions with their institutions in
> > many parts of the world cause hatred of people with differing ones -
> > although none of them really have much reason for causing so much
> > pre-occupation with them.
> > all of this starts with taking a deep breath.

> > can you stand on your head and inhale? - harmony

> I understood Vedic philosophy says that the
> Universe is actually inside each individual,
> and the idea of being an isignificant dot in
> a vast indifferent universe is an illusion.

Please familiarize yourself with "as within, so without"; the
universe is a continuum.

The real is one: wise men call it variously
- Rg Ved

Upon study and meditation one realizes the principle of
satya (Truth), mitthya (illusion), and asatya (not Truth).

> A loving God would create some creature
> and then desert or abandon it to isolation?

"God" is a Judeo-Christian concept.

> Isn't the descent to illusory personhood
> represented somewhat like this diagram?
>
> BRAHMAN => PURUSHA => PRAKRITI => MAHAT => AHAMKARA => EGO
>
> Where the person has simply forgotten its
> identity with the Absolute (Brahman).
>
> Brahman (the Absolute) dividing into Purusha (Spirit)
> and Prakriti (illusory material nature or Maya)
>
> (Subjectivity and Objective World - Observer and Observed)

Please learn Sanskrit, then study the texts: Vedic-Hindu principles
will become clearer and you will do away with the linearity that is
evident in your description above. My estimate is that about 30-40
percent of the ideas are lost when English translations are studied.
Would you drive a car with a wheel missing?

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 13, 2010, 5:16:40 PM1/13/10
In article <4b4e14cf$0$5315$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> "Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> >

> > harmony wrote:
> >> "Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> wrote in
> >> message

Well I just followed-up to his post suggesting that he
learn Sanskrit and then study the texts. The discussions,
if any arise, will be much more accurate and meaningful.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 13, 2010, 5:23:16 PM1/13/10
In article <4b4e08fa$0$5336$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> "Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> >

> > harmony wrote:
> >> bjp now has a new chief. we should send this article to him so he will be
> >> prepared, when bjp comes to power next time, to appoint vedic ambassadors
> >> who would oversee the regular do-nothing ambassadors, specially in places
> >> like saudi arabia which is badly need of good culture.
> >> of course, so do daroowala kerala and strikes-r-us bengal.

> >> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > What is it to be a vedic ambassador? Is it possible?
> >
> > Or is it a common phrase without great implications?

> vedic ambassadors help understand people the overarching commonality of
> their humanity on this unique, small and lonely planet in the vast infinite
> univeverse.
> most present dominant ideologies or religions with their institutions in
> many parts of the world cause hatred of people with differing ones -
> although none of them really have much reason for causing so much
> pre-occupation with them.
> all of this starts with taking a deep breath.
> can you stand on your head and inhale?

Although big waves are quite a distraction for assuming an aasan on
the beach today, a headstand on a folded towel on the sand was
invigorating. We need many Vedic-Hindu ambassadors here in Hawaii.
We also do not have enough teachers of Yog.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 13, 2010, 5:30:39 PM1/13/10
Message sent to the BJP!

As far as Kerala is concerned, a bunch of us Jyotishis regularly
donate funds to the Jyotish, Ayurved and Yog teachers and schools
there, thus promoting Vedic-Hindu spirituality, science and culture.
I mention this to challenge others to do the same.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

In article <4b4dfd2c$0$5362$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> bjp now has a new chief. we should send this article to him so he will be
> prepared, when bjp comes to power next time, to appoint vedic ambassadors
> who would oversee the regular do-nothing ambassadors, specially in places
> like saudi arabia which is badly need of good culture.
> of course, so do daroowala kerala and strikes-r-us bengal.

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > A Call to be Vedic Ambassadors

> > . . .

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 13, 2010, 5:34:38 PM1/13/10
In article <2b8b8e47-c1f8-4b58...@e37g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
"Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> posted:

> harmony wrote:

> > bjp now has a new chief. we should send this article to him so he will be
> > prepared, when bjp comes to power next time, to appoint vedic ambassadors
> > who would oversee the regular do-nothing ambassadors, specially in places
> > like saudi arabia which is badly need of good culture.
> > of course, so do daroowala kerala and strikes-r-us bengal.

> > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > > A Call to be Vedic Ambassadors

> > > . . .

> What is it to be a vedic ambassador? Is it possible?
>
> Or is it a common phrase without great implications?

It is a great idea with vital benefits.

P. Rajah

Jan 13, 2010, 5:59:04 PM1/13/10
Jay Stevens Maharaj aka the jumpin' jackass jyotishit aka the abominable
asstrolloger wrote:

> Although big waves are quite a distraction for assuming an aasan on
> the beach today, a headstand on a folded towel on the sand was
> invigorating.

Um, Jay, where was your "bullet-proof vest" while you were allegedly
doing this aasana? Was your "security sleuth" sitting on it? I'm willing
to bet the only reason you ever go to the beach is to ogle the girls,
and perhaps cop a feel or two like the lecher that you are.

I always thought you posted standing on your head, because all that came
out of your head was crap.....

Benway (original non-Zionist)

Jan 14, 2010, 8:09:11 AM1/14/10

**********************************

My "God" comment is meant to counter the idea
of being tiny items floating in the material
cosmos. I suggest that the idea is false.

The diagram is not my diagram, and the linearity
is an unavoidable consequence of getting the
concept expressed. The terms also are not mine.

I invite every serious mind to do Google
searches on "Brahman" "Purusha" "Prakriti" "Mahat"

The main point being that Samkhya, Vedic and Yogic
philosophy suggests the illusory nature
of individual existence in a cosmos.

So, what is a "Vedic" ambassador?

I won't be wasting my time learning Sanskrit.
The Supreme Truth is open for all who are not
afraid to see that and be enlightened by it.
Is anyone really separate from the Truth?
Are any wheels truly missing?

Sanskrit is clearly a noble languaage.

Om Shanti for all.

********************************

harmony

Jan 14, 2010, 3:07:25 PM1/14/10

"Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message

without sanskrit you could know the facts, but knowing truth is an entirely
different matter for which sanskrit is very helpful.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 14, 2010, 3:53:19 PM1/14/10
In article <d2d09a8e-33fa-4f76...@g25g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
"Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

Using a terminology of an alien source to counter an
idea of another?

> The diagram is not my diagram, and the linearity
> is an unavoidable consequence of getting the
> concept expressed. The terms also are not mine.

The linear line of reasoning is totally avoidable,
and required in this case. Also, how do *you*
understand the concepts, in *your* own thoughts?

> I invite every serious mind to do Google
> searches on "Brahman" "Purusha" "Prakriti" "Mahat"

I advise against Googling it. Most sites will simply
parrot others, and then too in translated, altered ideas.
I do recommend reading the original texts; go to
the source, or as close to it as possible.

> The main point being that Samkhya, Vedic and Yogic
> philosophy suggests the illusory nature
> of individual existence in a cosmos.

So mitthya coexists with satya and asatya. Can
your (a mortal's) path really avoid mitthya by means
other than by learning the lessons in various births?

> So, what is a "Vedic" ambassador?

Please read the original post.

> I won't be wasting my time learning Sanskrit.

Then you will be limited to reading translations by,
and ideas of many other people -- far removed from the
source. What sort of learning is that?

> The Supreme Truth is open for all who are not
> afraid to see that and be enlightened by it.

"Afraid?" Do you think that fear has something
to do with it? Are you really afraid to learn
the language of the source material?

> Is anyone really separate from the Truth?
> Are any wheels truly missing?

Many are lost in mitthya for the time being

> Sanskrit is clearly a noble languaage.
>
> Om Shanti for all.
>
> ********************************

Sanskrit is Divine.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 14, 2010, 4:03:06 PM1/14/10
In article <4b4f7983$0$5328$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

Vedic-Hindu concepts require heavy lifting by those not raised with
them since childhood (in fact, we start listening to the bhajans and
mantr recitations right from within the womb of the mother -- and
remembering it [1]); Sanskrit is required, not dumbells.

[1] Do Fetusus Have Memories? Yes, one Study Says!
http://current.com/items/90484559_do-fetusus-have-memories-yes-one-study-says.htm

uNmaiviLambi

Jan 14, 2010, 5:46:23 PM1/14/10
On Jan 14, 3:07 pm, "harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Benway (original non-Zionist)" <captai...@mailpuppy.com> wrote in messagenews:d2d09a8e-33fa-4f76...@g25g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

> without sanskrit you could know the facts, but knowing truth is an entirely
> different matter for which sanskrit is very helpful.

Well said. Idiots think Sanskrit is the only way to Truth. That is why
Adhi Shankara said nahi nahi rakshathi dukrN karaNE! Sanskrit can help
but people can get mired in the language and lose the truth!

P. Rajah

Jan 14, 2010, 7:24:29 PM1/14/10
Mad Sudhan wrote:

Two idiots complimenting each other without realizing they are making
opposing statements. pradipshit parekh claims that you cannot "know
truth" without the aid of Sanskrit.

The Jews claim that Hebrew is the mother of langauges:
http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2000/5/The%20Mother%20of%20Languages%20-%20Influence%20of%20Hebrew%20on%20O

The Italians claim that Latin is the mother of all languages:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Latin--the-Mother-of-All-Laugages

The Arabs claim that Arabic is the mother of all languages:
http://www.alislam.org/topics/arabic/

The Greeks believe that Greek is the mother of all languages:
http://www.greekrealm.com/forum/ancient-greece/9992-greek-mother-all-languages-4.html

The Albanians claim that Albanian is the mother of all languages:
http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/KwintVision/video/languages/albanian/albanian-langauge-mother-indoeuropian-languages-2313/

But scientists are seeking the _real_ mother of all languages:
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2007-07-20-linguists-one-language_N.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/06/27/science/linguists-debating-deepest-roots-of-language.html?pagewanted=1

And a different perspective:
http://curiouscapitalist.blogs.time.com/2008/02/28/cancel_those_chinese_classes_f/

P. Rajah

Jan 14, 2010, 7:25:28 PM1/14/10
Jay Stevens Maharaj aka the jackass jyotishithead aka the abominable
asstrolloger wrote:

> In article <d2d09a8e-33fa-4f76...@g25g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> "Benway (original non-Zionist)" <capt...@mailpuppy.com> posted:
>

>> I won't be wasting my time learning Sanskrit.
>
> Then you will be limited to reading translations by,
> and ideas of many other people -- far removed from the
> source.

But Jay, isn't that how you form your antipathy against Bengalis and
South Indians, "far removed from the source", without ever having set
foot in "the kolkatt", "the madras" or "the keral", without having a
goddamn clue as to what they eat, what they wear, the languages they
speak, their customs and their hospitality? From 10,000 miles away, you
froth at the mouth with imagined transgressions that the south Indians
have made against your white European-inspired ideas of hindutva, all
the while a rabid middle-aged monkey-like creature clings to your behind
echoing you and making primate noises.

> What sort of learning is that?

Indeed!

P. Rajah

Jan 14, 2010, 5:24:03 PM1/14/10
harmony aka pradipshithead parekh wrote:

> without sanskrit you could know the facts, but knowing truth is an entirely
> different matter for which sanskrit is very helpful.

Ah, so before the evolution of Sanskrit, it was all facts and no truth?

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 21, 2010, 4:44:38 PM2/21/10
In article <37cbeba0-97a4-41cd...@g25g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
uNmaiviLambi <tripur...@yahoo.com> posted:

> On Jan 14, 3:07=A0pm, "harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > without sanskrit you could know the facts, but knowing truth is an
> > entirely
> > different matter for which sanskrit is very helpful.

> Well said. Idiots think Sanskrit is the only way to Truth. That is why
> Adhi Shankara said nahi nahi rakshathi dukrN karaNE! Sanskrit can help
> but people can get mired in the language and lose the truth!

Ultimately, one transcends even language to know the truth.

harmony

Feb 22, 2010, 4:33:56 PM2/22/10

<use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote in
message news:20100221QU4PHT357xYM4X1UIq9V8Q7@BCFee...

right now poeple need to learn where the untruth is: 3mc*2.

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Feb 22, 2010, 5:15:48 PM2/22/10
In article <4b82f847$0$12430$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
"harmony" <a...@hotmail.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > In article
> > <37cbeba0-97a4-41cd...@g25g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> > uNmaiviLambi <tripur...@yahoo.com> posted:

> >> Well said. Idiots think Sanskrit is the only way to Truth. That is why
> >> Adhi Shankara said nahi nahi rakshathi dukrN karaNE! Sanskrit can help
> >> but people can get mired in the language and lose the truth!

> > Ultimately, one transcends even language to know the truth.
> > Jai Maharaj

> right now poeple need to learn where the untruth is: 3mc*2.

. . and the illusion.