'NO ONE' IS ENTERTAINING, NOT JUST AN ISSUED BASED STORY - RANI

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 2, 2011, 3:53:56 PM1/2/11
'No One' is entertaining, not just an issued based story: Rani

PTI
Potpourri
The Pioneer
Monday, January 3, 2011

Mumbai - Bollywood actress Rani Mukherjee, who plays a foul-mouthed
journalist in 'No One Killed Jessica' says that the upcoming film
about the controversial Jessica Lal murder is an entertainer and not
just another "issue-based story".

The actress said yes to the role and the film because she realised
that it has entertainment value.

"For me the criteria was that 'No one killed Jessica' has to be
entertaining. If one has seen the promos then they will know that my
character in the film is entertaining. There is a lot more in the
film than just an issue-based story," Rani said.

"When Raj (director) came to me my immediate reaction was I will not
do the film. How are you going to make it entertaining for the
audience was my first question. He answered the question in the
script," she said.

"The medium of cinema is to entertain people. With the term
entertainment I don't mean the film should have an item number.
Different genres do it differently, like in an action film one
entertains the audience with action, in romantic with romance,in
comedy with funny moments," she added.

The movie promos are in full swing and beeps are used to censor out
objectionable words as the Bengali beauty goes bold on language in
the garb of a hard-core crime journalist in the film.

Directed by Rajkumar Gupta, 'No One...' is based on model Jessica
Lall who was shot dead in 1999 by Manu Sharma, son of a Haryana
politician, in a Delhi night club. The film which releases on January
7, also stars Vidya Balan as Jessica's sister Sabrina, who fought the
case to get justice.

When asked if the film has any message to be sent out, the 32-year-
old actress said, "To put that thing (a message) on a film's shoulder
is too much as cinema is a medium of entertaining people. The moment
your film becomes preachy people are not interested in watching it.

But if there is a story that needs to be told and if it is in an
entertaining way I think people like to take it."

http://dailypioneer.com/307725/No-One-is-entertaining-not-just-an-issued-based-story-Rani.html

More at:
http://www.dailypioneer.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.