Stop using the word 'Bollywood': BJP Gen Secy Kailash Vijayvargiya to write to I&B Ministry

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 2, 2018, 3:02:29 PM6/2/18
Stop using 'the word Bollywood': BJP Gen Secy Kailash
Vijayvargiya to write to I&B Ministry

dnaindia.com
June 2, 2018

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-stop-using-the-word-bollywood-bjp-gen-secy-kailash-vijayvargiya-to-write-to-ib-ministry-2621296

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 2, 2018, 4:31:30 PM6/2/18
In article
<f78bef83-5dcc-47ed...@googlegroups.com>,
Madrigal Gurneyhalt <purpl...@googlemail.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
> >
> > Stop using 'the word Bollywood': BJP Gen Secy Kailash
> > Vijayvargiya to write to I&B Ministry
> >
> > dnaindia.com
> > June 2, 2018
> >
> > http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-stop-using-the-word-bollywood-bjp-gen-secy-kailash-vijayvargiya-to-write-to-ib-ministry-2621296
>
> It might help if he got his facts straight first! Complete
> nonsense!

What do you know to be the facts?

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
https://tinyurl.com/jaimaharaj

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 3, 2018, 2:02:44 PM6/3/18
In article
<f424229d-940a-4f82...@googlegroups.com>,
Arindam Banerjee <banerjee...@gmail.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
> >
> > Stop using 'the word Bollywood': BJP Gen Secy Kailash
> > Vijayvargiya to write to I&B Ministry
> >
> > dnaindia.com
> > June 2, 2018
> >
> > http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-stop-using-the-word-bollywood-bjp-gen-secy-kailash-vijayvargiya-to-write-to-ib-ministry-2621296
>
> A good initiative. Indian dancing and music are reduced to
> Bollywood, as if nothing else existed. Westerners should
> know that so-called Bollywood is nothing but a crass
> commercial process. Once upon a time it produced great
> dancing and music, but those days are long gone.

The "--llywood" naming scheme is of foreign origin with
respect to Bharat:

Excerpt:

In 1853, one adobe hut stood in Nopalera (Nopal field),
named for the Mexican Nopal cactus indigenous to the area.
By 1870, an agricultural community flourished. The area was
known as the Cahuenga Valley, after the pass in the Santa
Monica Mountains immediately to the north.

According to the diary of H. J. Whitley, also known as the
"Father of Hollywood", on his honeymoon in 1886 he stood at
the top of the hill looking out over the valley. Along came
a Chinese man in a wagon carrying wood. The man got out of
the wagon and bowed. The Chinese man was asked what he was
doing and replied, "I holly-wood," meaning 'hauling wood.'
H. J. Whitley had an epiphany and decided to name his new
town Hollywood. "Holly" would represent England and "wood"
would represent his Scottish heritage. Whitley had already
started over 100 towns across the western United
States.[6][7]

Continues at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://7.ly/jai

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 4, 2018, 8:16:53 PM6/4/18
In article
<ed27fb9a-cbab-4be3...@googlegroups.com>,
> Cinema itself is of foreign origin wrt India. It was used
> upto say the 1980s to show the best of Indian music,
> dancing, manners, traditions etc. by Hindi, Bengali, Tamil,
> etc. films. With such demeaning descriptions as Bollywood
> and Tollywood the regional and Hindi cultures are reduced
> to irrelevance, and supplanted by commercial muck
> (spasmodic jerking passes for dancing these days, and the
> less said about the songs the better) aping the West.
> Cultural standards can only improve when these *wood labels
> are removed.

Filmmaker Subhash Ghai's objection to the "Bollywood"
moniker is shared by many in Mumbai. My own relatives and
friends in the Bharatiya movie industry resent the term to
the extent that they avoid "Hollywood" to refer to the one
in Los Angeles. The colonial cloud will lift eventually, if
not in our lifetime.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
https://v.gd/jaimaharaj

Your Name

Jun 4, 2018, 9:14:18 PM6/4/18
On 2018-06-05 00:16:53 +0000, Dr. Jai Maharaj said:
> In article
> <ed27fb9a-cbab-4be3...@googlegroups.com>,
> Arindam Banerjee <banerjee...@gmail.com> posted:
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>> In article
>>> <f424229d-940a-4f82...@googlegroups.com>,
>>> Arindam Banerjee <banerjee...@gmail.com> posted:

<snip>

> Filmmaker Subhash Ghai's objection to the "Bollywood"
> moniker is shared by many in Mumbai. My own relatives and
> friends in the Bharatiya movie industry resent the term to
> the extent that they avoid "Hollywood" to refer to the one
> in Los Angeles. The colonial cloud will lift eventually, if
> not in our lifetime.
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti
> https://v.gd/jaimaharaj

It's simply a term which indicates 'movie-making area'. The city of
Wellington in New Zealand is often nicknamed "Wellywood" due to movies
like 'Lord of the Rings' and being the main location for the visual
effects company Weta. The west area of Auckland city is also nicknamed
"Westiewood" due to many TV shows and movies being made there
(including at one stage the 'Power Rangers' stuff)

If some numbnut wants to whine about a name (and obviously has nothing
better to do) and doesn't want India to be known as a movie-making
country, then that's fine with me ... they're all utter crap movies
anyway.

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 5, 2018, 1:17:02 PM6/5/18
In article
<ab636278-ad20-479b...@googlegroups.com>,
Madrigal Gurneyhalt <purpl...@googlemail.com> posyed:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>
>> In article
>> <ed27fb9a-cbab-4be3...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Arindam Banerjee <baner...@gmail.com> posted:
>>>
>>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> Ooh, get you! I bet all those LA studios are devastated!

For many reasons, it is happening even to the big ones:

'Solo' Will Lose $50M-Plus in First Defeat for Disney's
'Star Wars' Empire

hollywoodreporter.com
June 4, 2018

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/solo-will-post-first-loss-disneys-star-wars-empire-1116927

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://tiny.cc/jaimaharaj

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 5, 2018, 7:04:16 PM6/5/18
More:

Box Office: Hollywood Suffers Worst March Downturn in
Recent Memory

hollywoodreporter.com
March 26, 2018

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hollywood-suffers-worst-march-downturn-memory-1097200

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
https://tinyurl.com/yahzmhwf

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 5, 2018, 9:24:22 PM6/5/18
In article
<03687562-ec74-46eb...@googlegroups.com>,
Arindam Banerjee <banerjee...@gmail.com> posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>>
>>> In article
>>> <ab636278-ad20-479b...@googlegroups.com>,
>>> Madrigal Gurneyhalt <purp...@googlemail.com> posyed:

> What about the movie script you wrote about me - "Defend
> Arindam"? They managed to make huge losses even without
> making that film. Hmm.

The "Defend Arindam" (working title) project continues to
be in development, so the current box office situation is
not affected by it.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
https://is.gd/X0G431

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 6, 2018, 5:10:47 PM6/6/18
> not affected by it. -- Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi Om Shanti

Hollywood is bad for the Bharatiya movie industry:

Aishwarya Rai's former manager claims she saved her from
the sexual advances of 'bully pig' Harvey Weinstein

hindustantimes.com
October 13, 2017

https://www.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/aishwarya-rai-s-former-manager-claims-she-saved-her-from-the-sexual-advances-of-bully-pig-harvey-weinstein/story-Onto3qZfKQB5AUsnKBB1mI.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://u.to/sGvdEQ

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jun 7, 2018, 10:15:49 AM6/7/18
We always called it Gollywood.
Just sayin'.

Your Name

Jun 7, 2018, 5:24:44 PM6/7/18
Selling Gollywog (or Golliwogg) dolls is also "illegal", according to
the Politcally Correct whiners.

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jun 8, 2018, 3:26:56 PM6/8/18
RICO rape filed against Weinstein and Disney

June 1, 2018

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4491672-Weinstein-Rico-06-01-2018-Suit.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti