R D Burman use to copy a lot.

Ravi Krishna

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
Deepak Dhamdhere (dee...@best.com) wrote:
: "Ae mere humsafar" from Bazigaar is a DIRECT copy of the following
: song that is picturized on Kishore / Madhubala (?) in a car flying
: through the sky!
: Film: Mr. X in Bombay
: MD: Laxmikant Pyarelaal
: Singer: Kishore Kumar

I agree with the above. Before we blame Anu Malik let me tell you something.
Blatant copying has been going on for years. I know this will hurt R D
Burman fans in this NG but it's a fact that he also used to copy a LOT. I am
giving below some songs which RDB copied blatantly with no shame:-

Name of the song Singer Film

Chura liya hai tumn Asha and rafi Yaddon ki barat

Mehmooba Mehooba RDB Sholay

Jab andehara hota hai Asha and Bhupinder Raja Rani

Aaja meri bahon Kishore Kumar Some Anil Dawan
movie of early 70's.

Dekta hun koi ladki haseen Kishore Kumar Sanan teri kasam

Mil gaya hum ko Asha and KK Hum kisi se kam nahin

Tu hai meri jindagani Asha and Amit Kumar Inderjeet

and many more.

I am sure RDB must have copied much more. His source varies from english
songs to even pakistani song. The last song in the above list is lifted from
a pakistani song to glorify benazir bhutto.

The list mentioned above are authentic copy as I have myself heard the
original songs. Also Usha Uthup in a program in "Z" TV sang some of the above
mentioned songs (original). Jatin Lalit in some interview also showed how
RDB use to copy.

I have been accused of flame provoker but this is not a flame. I am only
telling a fact. I myself is a fan of RDB but I can't accept his copying.
On this count I give RDB very low marks.

I have bashed Rehman but I do concede that he is ORIGINAL. He may have done
some cut and paste but he adds something. Can't be termed as copying. What
RDB did was to copy it w/out any change.

Why blame Anu Malik or Bappi Lahiri.

Rizwan M. Syed

Feb 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/13/96
Wanna give the names of these 'Original' songs that these
songs are copies off? I'd really like to see Mehbooba Mehbooba,

Rizwan

--
Syed Rizwan

theanup...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2017, 11:24:39 AM8/3/17
The Song is "Say You Love me" by Demis Roussos.